Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 45
Posted: 4/24/2017 9:52:08 AM EDT
My interest in the Peloponesian Wars and Greek tactics has finally found a use.

Time for a quick reminder of some of the basics.

There was a time Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry had meaning.

Heavy Infantry, the Hoplites,  took and held ground.  They were armored, disciplined and strong.  They comprised the core of the Greek Armies.  Ground was of value.  In the Hellenes, good land was hard to come by.  Those who owned it gained strength.  Those who lost it lost strength.  

Land was of value.  But also of value, which the greeks embraced, was the war of annihilation.  here cavalry and light infantry, which could pursue and harass a broken enemy, came into their own as the retreating rabble were encumbered by their own heavy armor and, having broken, could be taken by swarms of Peltasts and cavalrymen.

While obviously you can't annihilate the enemy (aka Antifa and their black bloc allies) in this fight you must continue the pursuit, as was successfully done in the latest Battle of Berkley.

So whats the point of this quick history lesson.

The battles will be of two stages; the meeting of the heavy infantry and the pursuit of the broken enemy.  Both are essential.  While the main line can do this, forces dedicated to each ensure that both will occur.  

But pursue for what?

GREAT QUESTION!

Moldilocks wanted scalps.

Well, it just so happens the black block has scalps.

A point scale.

1 point for a bandana
3 points for a black jacket
5 points for a leather jacket.
20 points for an antifa flag.

100 points for a picture taken with a zip tied known leader of BAMN/Antifa etc forced to wear a MAGA hat.

Remember your Homer!  The stripping of enemy dead (or at least embarrassed) is an ancient and honorable hobby.  

While you will get a few bandanas and jackets during the meeting of the heavy infantry; its in the pursuit where the real money will be made.  So pursuit is mandatory.  Pursuit is the reason for the fight in the first place.  You fight to break the enemy, and then you pursue them until you can pursue them no longer.

Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

We must have objectives beyond simply the defense of speakers.  A humiliated enemy to be mocked for all eternity.

And every time antifags come against the forces of Kek, we will broadcast our victories and we can declare, with Quantifiable means, how many points each battle earned.  And the Pepes across the land can boast with pride that their ass whooping of Antifa was 250 points higher than someone elses.

No individual's score will matter.  Only the cumulative score for the mass of Pepes in that battle will matter.

And pepes can hang with pride captured flags and bandanas as triumphs in the age old combat.

Anyway.  Just an old soldiers observation of a new era of warfare looking remarkably a lot like an old era of warfare.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
We just need to mass produce those arfcom shields and make PVC pipes standard issue. Start training our shield wall.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Always wondered about he legality of our side capturing a terror cell leader (even if released on the battlefield). I'm assuming our side would get slapped with a Federal kidnapping charge?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Use their tactics against them.

The Rain of Unknown Pain works better when they can't fixate on the deliverer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Somebody must be a Victor Davis Hanson fan!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a combination of classic foot soldier tactics with "counting coup" - the Native American custom of stealing or touching your enemy as a symbolic victory. The modern version is getting a punch in on video, but I definitely approve of Sylvan's suggestion of bringing back the old ways. 

Now, let's turn some PVC piping into vambraces and greaves!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always wondered about he legality of our side capturing a terror cell leader (even if released on the battlefield). I'm assuming our side would get slapped with a Federal kidnapping charge?
View Quote
Don't get caught?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I vote for tear gas and rubber bullets.

Is that still an option?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
What about physical scalps?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Somebody must be a Victor Davis Hanson fan!
View Quote
I won't say Carnage and Culture is on my desk.

But its on my desk.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't get caught?
View Quote
Zip tie, photograph and leave on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#12]
OP has dickloads of free time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Antifa verses Pepe?  This is like the Iran-Iraq War where it's good if both sides lose, right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP has dickloads of free time.
View Quote
you have no idea.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Antifa verses Pepe?  This is like the Iran-Iraq War where it's good if both sides lose, right?
View Quote
We are all Pepe now...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I won't say Carnage and Culture is on my desk.

But its on my desk.
View Quote
My favorite is his one on the Pelopennesian war.
I think it's titled a war like no other.
If you haven't read it you should.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I vote for tear gas and rubber bullets.

Is that still an option?
View Quote
+ water cannons

It's pretty quite here in the Tampa Bay Area.
Reading the local antifa boards I saw where the
use of fireworks mortars was suggested.

https://www.fireworks.com/products/category/reloadable-mortar-kits/?skip_gateway
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We are all Pepe now...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are all Pepe now...
Negative.  As a small government conservative I don't have a dog in this fight.  I'll watch the "Trailer Park verses Berkley Student Center" Battle Royale on TV with a bourbon in my hand and cheer for injuries.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#19]
We can call it the Pelopepenesian Wars.

Seriously though - I've seen several pictures of people getting attacked by antifa trying to protect themselves with those makeshift shields.

I've wondered...why not put a couple up front to form a shield wall with a couple more with elevated shields to protect from thrown projectiles?  Something like an abbreviated testudo formation.  That would offer them a lot more protection.

A little organization goes a long way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Negative.  As a small government conservative I don't have a dog in this fight.  I'll watch the "Trailer Park verses Berkley Student Center" Battle Royale on TV with a bourbon in my hand and cheer for injuries.
View Quote
typical libertarian.

Letting others fight his battles.

He who hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart. His P3 Profile shall be made and internets for surfing shall be put into his purse.

we would not die in that normie's company who fears his fellowship to meme with us.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#21]
How can OP be so annoying in cop threads, and so awesome in these threads?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My favorite is his one on the Pelopennesian war.
I think it's titled a war like no other.
If you haven't read it you should.
View Quote
I haven't read it.  but Homor, thuycidedes and Herodotus I have.

He is a very good writer, I shall find the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How can OP be so annoying in cop threads, and so awesome in these threads?
View Quote
I hate bullies whether they be clad in all blue or all black.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#24]
A good shield should have a metal skin over a laminated wood and leather backing. Won't stop bullets but it would make an impression on those opposite. And would survive quite a beating.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
typical libertarian.

He who hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart. His P3 Profile shall be made and internets for surfing shall be put into his purse.

we would not die in that normie's company who fears his fellowship to meme with us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

typical libertarian.

Not my circus.  Not my monkeys.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
You really should. He even tested out the phalanx using his students.
The surprising things about that war were that the Spartan warriors got defeated on land - even surrendered. And the Athenians were defeated at sea.
That plus the development of siege warfare.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My interest in the Peloponesian Wars and Greek tactics has finally found a use.

Time for a quick reminder of some of the basics.

There was a time Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry had meaning.

Heavy Infantry, the Hoplites,  took and held ground.  They were armored, disciplined and strong.  They comprised the core of the Greek Armies.  Ground was of value.  In the Hellenes, good land was hard to come by.  Those who owned it gained strength.  Those who lost it lost strength.  

Land was of value.  But also of value, which the greeks embraced, was the war of annihilation.  here cavalry and light infantry, which could pursue and harass a broken enemy, came into their own as the retreating rabble were encumbered by their own heavy armor and, having broken, could be taken by swarms of Peltasts and cavalrymen.

While obviously you can't annihilate the enemy (aka Antifa and their black bloc allies) in this fight you must continue the pursuit, as was successfully done in the latest Battle of Berkley.

So whats the point of this quick history lesson.

The battles will be of two stages; the meeting of the heavy infantry and the pursuit of the broken enemy.  Both are essential.  While the main line can do this, forces dedicated to each ensure that both will occur.  

But pursue for what?

GREAT QUESTION!

Moldilocks wanted scalps.

Well, it just so happens the black block has scalps.

A point scale.

1 point for a bandana
3 points for a black jacket
5 points for a leather jacket.
20 points for an antifa flag.

100 points for a picture taken with a zip tied known leader of BAMN/Antifa etc forced to wear a MAGA hat.

Remember your Homer!  The stripping of enemy dead (or at least embarrassed) is an ancient and honorable hobby.  

While you will get a few bandanas and jackets during the meeting of the heavy infantry; its in the pursuit where the real money will be made.  So pursuit is mandatory.  Pursuit is the reason for the fight in the first place.  You fight to break the enemy, and then you pursue them until you can pursue them no longer.

Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

We must have objectives beyond simply the defense of speakers.  A humiliated enemy to be mocked for all eternity.

And every time antifags come against the forces of Kek, we will broadcast our victories and we can declare, with Quantifiable means, how many points each battle earned.  And the Pepes across the land can boast with pride that their ass whooping of Antifa was 250 points higher than someone elses.

No individual's score will matter.  Only the cumulative score for the mass of Pepes in that battle will matter.

And pepes can hang with pride captured flags and bandanas as triumphs in the age old combat.

Anyway.  Just an old soldiers observation of a new era of warfare looking remarkably a lot like an old era of warfare.
View Quote
Yes.

We used to make sport of capturing guidons and unit rags.  My body and mind is ready.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#28]
What is modern riot/protesting but ancient pre-firearm battlefield tactics?

I suggest one addendum:  There should be extra points for pictures taken of your enemy in a MAGA hat and standing in front of a known liberal landmark, such as Berkley campus sign or Golden Gate Bridge in the distance, etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get caught?
With a placard around the neck.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not my circus.  Not my monkeys.
View Quote
The constitution is our circus.

a man is measured not by what he lives for but rather what he fights for.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm going for a flag Sylvan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The surprising things about that war were that the Spartan warriors got defeated on land - even surrendered. And the Athenians were defeated at sea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoyed Stephen Pressfield's fictional representations of their style of warfare.

Modifying that for modern times, a small 1 or 2-row line of "rushers" would be enough.  They rush the enemy, run them over, while the Pepes in the back rows take the flags/bandanas/weapons from the stunned and dazed antifa.  

Get two or more groups together and you have opportunities galore for flanking and directing traffic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#33]
pigaínete kai to párte
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We are all Pepe now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are all Pepe now...
Statists don't think that way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Word.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes.

We used to make sport of capturing guidons and unit rags.  My body and mind is ready.
View Quote
And what great sport it was.

A fine tradition which demands to be resurrected in today's wars.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A good shield should have a metal skin over a laminated wood and leather backing. Won't stop bullets but it would make an impression on those opposite. And would survive quite a beating.
View Quote
Realistically, a half sheet of plywood with some decent handle straps is all that's needed.  It will stop everything short of a bullet just as well as something with a metal/leather cover.

I watched a documentary once about some foreign police force that used Roman shield tactics for riot control & the only weapon they took with them was the shield itself.  They would form a testudo line & advance.  As they advanced the front line would pick up their shield about 8 inches and slam them down on the pavement.  When they were advancing unopposed the sound made for a good psychological weapon.  When they advanced while in contact with rioters they would advance in the same way, but when they brought down their shields the goal was to scrape the bottom edge of the shield down the shin bone of the rioter in front of you before smashing their foot.

Which, I would imagine, would cause most rioters to go home and rethink their lives.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#39]
In the third battle of Berkeley they captured one of those snazzy Antifaschiste flags (which they tore to pieces after posing for pics) as well as the big black banner. Not sure what they did with the latter, but it would make a good wall hanger - just like the Tennessee HWNDU flag is now
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Realistically, a half sheet of plywood with some decent handle straps is all that's needed.  It will stop everything short of a bullet just as well as something with a metal/leather cover.

I watched a documentary once about some foreign police force that used Roman shield tactics for riot control & the only weapon they took with them was the shield itself.  They would form a testudo line & advance.  As they advanced the front line would pick up their shield about 8 inches and slam them down on the pavement.  When they were advancing unopposed the sound made for a good psychological weapon.  When they advanced while in contact with rioters they would advance in the same way, but when they brought down their shields the goal was to scrape the bottom edge of the shield down the shin bone of the rioter in front of you before smashing their foot.

Which, I would imagine, would cause most rioters to go home and rethink their lives.
View Quote
That's actually quite ingenious. Come back with your shield or upon it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
If ANTIFA had it's way you would be among those who were round up and shot. Not your fight though, because you hate Trump. Wierd.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If ANTIFA had it's way you would be among those who were round up and shot. Not your fight though, because you hate Trump. Wierd.
View Quote
They'd give him a medal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#43]
TLDR praise kek
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If ANTIFA had it's way you would be among those who were rounded up and shot. Not your fight though, because you hate Trump. Wierd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If ANTIFA had it's way you would be among those who were rounded up and shot. Not your fight though, because you hate Trump. Wierd.
And if the Pepe crowd wins I'm among those that gets rounded up and shot, too.  See my point?

Enjoy your "Hunger Games for the 'tarded".  I'll have a coke
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I love this thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#46]
ahhh....the character of war may change but the nature of war remains steadfast.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#47]
As a man studying to be a historian, I approve.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or all camo???
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#49]
So, to stretch it a little historically, we also don't allow them to escape to " the sea" ala Xenophon either?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And if the Pepe crowd wins I'm among those that gets rounded up and shot, too.  See my point?

Enjoy your "Hunger Games for the 'tarded".  I'll have a coke
View Quote
Not at all.

mocked as a normie, perhaps.

The question is why do you think Pepes want to shoot normies?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top