User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it's exactly the same thing.

Can we add the drug dealing bisexual cheating Dr. to Boston's Freedom Trail yet?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liberal snowflakes who refused to listen to Authority, getting what they deserve.

http://laphamsquarterly.org/sites/default/files/images/artwork/16._mhs_175748_2800.jpg

Can we add the drug dealing bisexual cheating Dr. to Boston's Freedom Trail yet?

Sure; the guy bleeding out in the foreground was a known tea smuggler and the fellow in the red hat was reputed to be gay.

Fuck'em both, in fact the hell with them all for associating with their ilk.

That damned town square was closed to both foot and horse traffic for hours, causing untold inconvenience to others.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really? You would have thought that had magical rights as soon as you boarded plane if you read the last thread about the doctor who refused police orders to get off the plane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disorderly conduct statute doesn't read differently just because your backside is sitting on a plane
Really? You would have thought that had magical rights as soon as you boarded plane if you read the last thread about the doctor who refused police orders to get off the plane.
The Dr was entirely orderly till they decided to chuck his ass in favor of a deadheading crew member.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It used to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't it a federal crime to disobey the flight attendants?
It used to be.
There is a special snowflake exemption.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They should have a 'no train' list and than a 'no bus' list and let people work themselves down to the point where they have to hoof it everywhere.

FWIW I would not be surprised if the BLM or ANTIFA people put her up to this.
View Quote
Nobody put her up to that. She was looking for a reason to act like a savage and i guess someone gave her one.

So she decided to be disruptive in the hopes they'd forcibly remove her from the plane and she'd get her some airline money. She probably still will... and that's what's worse...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the lady in the video was mentally ill.. just like the OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Dr was entirely orderly till they decided to chuck his ass in favor of a deadheading crew member.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disorderly conduct statute doesn't read differently just because your backside is sitting on a plane
But the doctor was a felon and all allegedly gay so it doesn't matter.

And......CAPITALISM; although instead of engaging in capitalism and paying what was necessary to buy back a seat from one of their customers, the airline chose to engage in heavy handed thugism.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
What should have happened....

Passenger sitting next to her -
"Anyone who thinks that this woman is disrupting the flight, raise your hand"......
"Anyone who thinks that this woman needs to be removed from this flight, raise your hand".

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It used to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't it a federal crime to disobey the flight attendants?
It used to be.
121.580 is the prohibition on interference but applies to an aircraft being operated under part 121, but I'm honestly not sure when "operated" starts in FAA speak.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's libel buddy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's libel buddy.
View Quote
I already laid out my arguments to support that opinion in a previous post... you haven't responded... but go ahead... make veiled legal threats like a special liberal snowflake throwing a tantrum, you actually believe you are the only one who gets to dish it out

Or did you mean libel against lady in the video? I'll be happy to lay out my opinion basis there: inability to stay seated, pacing the aisle, pressured speech, random verbal lashouts, labile mood, varying lack of consideration for consequences to self or others, I could go on... could be manifestations of a manic state in a mood disorder or psychosis from various personality disorders... hope they order a psych consult as part of her legal proceedings so she can get help.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
"I think", "I believe", " it's my opinion that".........= no libel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We will see more of this.
View Quote
Just like we will see more of airline employees acting like idiots.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liberal snowflakes who refused to listen to Authority, getting what they deserve.

http://laphamsquarterly.org/sites/default/files/images/artwork/16._mhs_175748_2800.jpg

The Drs past history had nothing to do with the airlines behavior. The airlines behavior is the problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#14]
They should send her a bill for the cost of everything.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#15]
United is a shitty airline....but they often have the best air fare to certain common destinations....which is why people fly on United.  I've flown United many times....never had any major problems though.  

United has poor booking procedures.....which does lead to over booked flights.  Again....refer to their prices....which is why people still fly United.

The doctor is a shithead.  Look at his record as a doctor and it's easy to understand why he thought he was special.  He apparently can't follow rules...both on a plane and in his medical practice.  He earned everything bad that happened to him.  Failure to follow simple instructions is supposed to hurt....nature designed things that way to make bad decisions a self correcting problem.    

In conclusion...United's service sucks.  The doctor sucks.  But, the bottom line is the doctor can't follow instructions.  Fuck him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
United is a shitty airline....but they often have the best air fare to certain common destinations....which is why people fly on United.  I've flown United many times....never had any major problems though.  

United has poor booking procedures.....which does lead to over booked flights.  Again....refer to their prices....which is why people still fly United.

The doctor is a shithead.  Look at his record as a doctor and it's easy to understand why he thought he was special.  He apparently can't follow rules...both on a plane and in his medical practice.  He earned everything bad that happened to him.  Failure to follow simple instructions is supposed to hurt....nature designed things that way to make bad decisions a self correcting problem.    

In conclusion...United's service sucks.  The doctor sucks.  But, the bottom line is the doctor can't follow instructions.  Fuck him.
View Quote
You forgot the Chicago Aviation Police thugs suck. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You have people in this thread saying they would also have to be dragged off the plane. Did you read the other thread?

Most sided with the felon doctor for refusing to get off the plane.

That is the very definition of the Liberal mindset. Anti-authoritarian, special snowflake, rules don't apply to me ideology.
View Quote
Welcome to the typical GD poster.  Which is also the reason I would not want to live nearby or have friends with the typical GD poster.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You forgot the Chicago Aviation Police thugs suck. Fuck them.
View Quote
They removed an unruly passenger after he was told to leave.  Once he failed to follow the rules, everything bad that happened to him is his fault.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They removed an unruly passenger after he was told to leave.  Once he failed to follow the rules, everything bad that happened to him is his fault.
View Quote
The Chicago Aviation Cops screwed up by:
1. Deciding to aggressively intercede over a business matter without pressuring United to exhaust their options that didn't involve using force or ensuring United complied with the legal requirements to inform the passengers in writing. (poor Officer's discretion)
2. Concussing, breaking the nose, and knocking 2 front teeth out of a 69 year old paying customer. (Excessive force)
3. Allowed their injured charge to wander dazed back on the plane bleeding and distraught. (Sheer incompetence)

And since we like to talk about histories... their lead administrator is crooked and one of the 3 cops had a history of abusing his authority (all 3 suspended for violating policy (and incompetence)).
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Welcome to the typical GD poster.  Which is also the reason I would not want to live nearby or have friends with the typical GD poster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have people in this thread saying they would also have to be dragged off the plane. Did you read the other thread?

Most sided with the felon doctor for refusing to get off the plane.

That is the very definition of the Liberal mindset. Anti-authoritarian, special snowflake, rules don't apply to me ideology.
what most have spoken out about has been not in favor of a felon, if he served his time what difference did it make? How, just how did it enter into the mix except some would want to muddy the water with the accusation......What many have objected to was that the airline tried to buy the seats back cheap. They had a full plane of paying passengers and they tried to open up seats on the cheap. Hell, if they needed the seats that badly offer more, night's stay in a hotel, meal voucher, limo service, first class seating on the next flight out and a grand in compensation.......but no, they'd rather kick paying customers out of their seats, garner bad feelings from the passengers and the corresponding bad press. Airline acting like cheap assholes is what caused the problem not some guy who committed a felony a decade ago and was just try to catch a flight home. The guy's felony had absolutely nothing to do with the airlines piss-poor planning, piss-poor community relations, and piss-poor managers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Chicago Aviation Cops screwed up by:
1. Deciding to aggressively intercede over a business matter without pressuring United to exhaust their options that didn't involve using force or ensuring United complied with the legal requirements to inform the passengers in writing. (poor Officer's discretion)
2. Concussing, breaking the nose, and knocking 2 front teeth out of a 69 year old paying customer. (Excessive force)
3. Allowed their injured charge to wander dazed back on the plane bleeding and distraught. (Sheer incompetence)

And since we like to talk about histories... their lead administrator is crooked and one of the 3 cops had a history of abusing his authority (all 3 suspended for violating policy (and incompetence)).
View Quote
If the doctor had gotten off the plane as he was told, would he have any injuries?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
what most have spoken out about has been not in favor of a felon, if he served his time what difference did it make? How, just how did it enter into the mix except some would want to muddy the water with the accusation......What many have objected to was that the airline tried to buy the seats back cheap. They had a full plane of paying passengers and they tried to open up seats on the cheap. Hell, if they needed the seats that badly offer more, night's stay in a hotel, meal voucher, limo service, first class seating on the next flight out and a grand in compensation.......but no, they'd rather kick paying customers out of their seats, garner bad feelings from the passengers and the corresponding bad press. Airline acting like cheap assholes is what caused the problem not some guy who committed a felony a decade ago and was just try to catch a flight home. The guy's felony had absolutely nothing to do with the airlines piss-poor planning, piss-poor community relations, and piss-poor managers.
View Quote
His history of not following instructions is very relevant.  He couldn't follow instructions as a doctor (which are FAR more stringent than the rules for an airline passenger) than it stands to reason why he is unable to follow instructions on something as simple as an air plane flight.  

United sucks.  I'm not disagreeing with that.  But, the issue was caused by a passenger who refused to follow instructions.  Plain and simple.  

I've flown many times.  I've never been dragged off a plane nor have I ever received ANY injuries on a plane.  Know why?  I follow instructions.....crazy how that shit works eh?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If the doctor had gotten off the plane as he was told, would he have any injuries?  
View Quote
He was neither unruly nor violent.
United did a terrible job of conflict resolution for a problem they created, and they didn't even follow the rules requiring them to give him the written regs/rules/rights/explanation.
The cops showed terrible discretion and violated their own policies.

Now... pick up that can, citizen, or any injury you receive shall be your own fault because you aren't following a lawful order.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#24]
OP is emotionally disturbed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Real simple.  Anyone who causes problems due to disruptive behavior gets put on the "no fly" list.  Problem eventually solves itself and stays solved.  Let them take the train or bus.
View Quote
I like it!!
I would gladly  be deplaned/ rescheduled if some asshole did what she did..knowing her days on an airplane are over...forever
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

1) Both passengers refused air crew and police orders to deplane.
2) In the doctor's case, he was physically removed.
3) In the woman's case, ever fucking passenger was inconvenienced by having to deplane because police are afraid to do their job now.

You have no right to stay on a plane if aircrew or police tell you to get off, period.

Why you defend the felon doctor, I have no idea.
View Quote
he has mental issues?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You don't have to anymore according to the posters on this site. They caused the public to believe that you don't have to listen to police if they tell you to get off a plane.

This is going to cause major problems for air travel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will do whatever the man in the fancy uniform says!
You don't have to anymore according to the posters on this site. They caused the public to believe that you don't have to listen to police if they tell you to get off a plane.

This is going to cause major problems for air travel.
That's because they're window licking fucktards.

Why would anyone want to be in a pressurized tube at 30,000 feet with a raging cunt, or crazy fucker is beyond me.

Can't act like a normal human being. Then get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

United did a terrible job of conflict resolution for a problem they created, and they didn't even follow the rules requiring them to give him the written regs/rules/rights/explanation.

Now... pick up that can, citizen, or any injury you receive shall be your own fault because you aren't following a lawful order.
View Quote
Answer the question.  I'll post it again for you.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I enjoy seeing people getting upset.  Both in the video and this thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I defend against a terrible business practice that allows the overselling of seats under government approval.

If an ad hominem is the best you can do to argue against it, you may want to reconsider your position.
View Quote
I assume you don't like overselling because it is a "terrible business practice"?
The alternative is to make all tickets non-refundable/ non-transferable.
Can't make the flight?  Oh well, buy another ticket
The reason the airline 's oversell is because some people are either morons (forgot they were supposed to fly), or something occurs where they cannot make the flight. Most of these people will get some sort of refund presently.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
OP is not mentally ill, he's just really, really, really angry at the snowflakes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Z

F

G
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So if you were sitting next to your wife on a plane and told for no reason to get off you would?
View Quote
Of course not!  I would argue, knowing that eventually everyone will be inconvenienced and I will get my special treatment!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Not that I am a stickler for the facts, but police were not involved in Dr. Daos removal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#35]
The thesis of this thread is completely incorrect.  The cause of the United situation and any cascading situations  is the fault of a dispute conflict resolution system that has no incentives to actually be used.

I am of the view that United violated the terms of the contract when they removed the passenger from the aircraft.  But so what?  What if he had left when the security showed up and United was using the color of law to enforce the terms of it's civil contract? Let's say he was transported a day later - what are his actual damages?  Maybe, and I am just picking randomly here, $10,000 for being delayed.  That's hardly enough to be worth the lawsuit to enforce the terms of the contract.

So whether United was right or wrong - once he was on the plane the passenger had no incentive to get off; in getting off he was never going to be made whole and in not getting off voluntarily he was able to get the airline to act excessively - because even if they were contractually correct they exceeded their rights by having him dragged off and they will pay.  So by having a non-negotiable contract of adhesion there is no real equitable conflict resolution.  And that is the fault of the airline.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your question is rhetorical and a thinly veiled attempt to shift all blame without exposing the obvious fault of your argument: that blame does not lie in one place. Your question only belongs in a long line of more relevant questions:

If United had not created the problem, would we even be talking about this?

If United had used common sense capitalist solutions instead demanding force, would we even be talking about this?

If the aviation cops had used common sense officers discretion, would a physical confrontation been necessary?

If the aviation cops had followed the policies would there have been any injuries?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's nice, dear....

I am sure most people here wouldn't want to live near you either...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The thesis of this thread is completely incorrect.  The cause of the United situation and any cascading situations  is the fault of a dispute conflict resolution system that has no incentives to actually be used.

I am of the view that United violated the terms of the contract when they removed the passenger from the aircraft.  But so what?  What if he had left when the security showed up and United was using the color of law to enforce the terms of it's civil contract? Let's say he was transported a day later - what are his actual damages?  Maybe, and I am just picking randomly here, $10,000 for being delayed.  That's hardly enough to be worth the lawsuit to enforce the terms of the contract.

So whether United was right or wrong - once he was on the plane the passenger had no incentive to get off; in getting off he was never going to be made whole and in not getting off voluntarily he was able to get the airline to act excessively - because even if they were contractually correct they exceeded their rights by having him dragged off and they will pay.  So by having a non-negotiable contract of adhesion there is no real equitable conflict resolution.  And that is the fault of the airline.
View Quote
WELL SAID
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OP is not mentally ill, he's just really, really, really angry at the snowflakes.
View Quote
OP is a snowflake
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You ever read that contract?

You can be relieved of your seat for any reason at any time, basically.

The captain, as an extension of the airline, has absolute authority to boot will anyone from the plane.
View Quote
I read the contract for United. It says nothing of this sort.

Have you read it? If so, tell me where it says the captain, or anyone else with the airline, has this authority.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not - but it's not a particularly interesting question or even, from the contractual issue, relevant.  United was in violation of it's contract with the passenger - but for the passenger, to leave, and enforce his contract rights later would not have been ruminative.  Even if United was contractually correct they had other remedies - using the color of law to resolve their private issues was excessive.  United drafted a contract the passenger no incentive to comply with.  They should have considered that before hand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Your question is rhetorical and a thinly veiled attempt to shift all blame without exposing the obvious fault of your argument: that blame does not lie in one place. Your question only belongs in a long line of more relevant questions:

If United had used common sense capitalist solutions instead demanding force, would we even be talking about this?

If the aviation cops had used common sense officers discretion, would a physical confrontation been necessary?

If the aviation cops had followed the policies would there have been any injuries?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus.

What part of "It's their plane and you signed on to a contract" do you not understand?

Airline is under no obligation to do anything but tell you to get off, if they wish, and then give your money back.

If you don't get off, you are trespassing and they have the right to call the law to make you get off. IF you resist LE, there's a good chance you might bump your head and possibly break your nose...or worse.

This is not rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder what percentage of GD would have been Tories in the American Revolution.  I bet it would be way higher than the 20% that were at the time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
And here all along I thought that the liberals were the ones that were for increased government power. Turns out it's ballista. Fuck the individual, amirite?
View Quote
Yep

OP is a running joke here. And United got the PR ass fucking that they asked for.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

False.

If actually read a 'Contract of Carriage' it specifically states you are not 'guaranteed' service.

http://i.imgur.com/2wjy8Af.png

http://i.imgur.com/JIxpLJ0.png

And yes, the captain of the aircraft can make a decision regardless if the door of an aircraft is physically open or closed.

Where do you get your information from?
View Quote
Um, the seat assignment is the  specific seat you're supposed to sit in. It's not the contractual right to transport.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
After the recent United Airlines debacle where a doctor was forcibly removed from a plane that caused a media firestorm, police seemed afraid to remove the beligerant woman when they arrived. And she took full advantage, even referencing the doctor and said she wouldn’t be as nice as he was.
View Quote
The woman continues acknowledging that she is the one keeping the plane on the ground because of her wild, unruly behavior.

“‘You might want to get your mother***ing pilot and all your f***ing crew ready because ain’t nobody going nowhere,” she says.
View Quote
And when police arrive, she warns, “Trying to get me off this mother***er and it’s going to go down.”
View Quote
Since police can not remove disruptive people from the aircraft now everyone must get off the plane.

Punish everyone because you liberals can't accept being told to get off a plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Aexh0458I

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/21/woman-absolutely-loses-flight-delayed-watch-cops-appear-scared-handle-477028
View Quote

Only "Liberals" were defending the Dr.?

Seriously?

What United did was fucked up.

Disruptive people SHOULD BE KICKED off of planes.

The Dr. WAS NOT being disruptive. He was being illegally removed from the plane and assaulted.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Have you read it? If so, tell me where it says the captain, or anyone else with the airline, has this authority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ever read that contract?

You can be relieved of your seat for any reason at any time, basically.

The captain, as an extension of the airline, has absolute authority to boot will anyone from the plane.

All the parts where it says, "Seat assignments not guaranteed and may change without notice" and "service not guaranteed" is a good start.

It is THEIR PLANE.

Analogies. I know GD loves 'em.

Let's say you're in Sam's club, to which you've paid a membership fee. There is some reason that management decides to close the store for the day and asks the customers to leave.

But, you know your rights and decides to tell the staff that you refuse to leave and sit there and throw a tantrum like a two year old because you paid your membership and won't go.

Cops are called to remove you but you resist and get hurt.

Whose fault is it that you got hurt?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wonder what percentage of GD would have been Tories in the American Revolution.  I bet it would be way higher than the 20% that were at the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Where'd you pull that stat from?

And, being asked to leave private property is a little different than resisting tyrannical overreach from government.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#49]
People who annoy you!!!

N_ggers
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Is this the push for a federal takeover of the airlines? Full blown TSA crewed gubbment cheese airways? Moar government regulation is what started the overbooking to try to make some money practice in the first place.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top