User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you really wanted to be a douche you should try bringing some truth to a topic for once and hurt someone.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Apparently you don't have an issue with the truth that you're acting like a d-bag.
View Quote
When it comes to cyclists, nope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently you don't have an issue with the truth that you're acting like a d-bag.

Thousands of people are participating in memorials all over the world for him and helping to support his family. Pretty sure when you die nobody will give a fuck about an edgy nobody. #ohwell
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm wondering what a van was doing on a bike path.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
needed louder pipes
It must have been a really narrow van.

The good thing is perhaps it will give the peddle-pushers pause before they think it's a good idea to challenge road vehicles weighing many thousands of pounds more than they do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I understand that sentiment...I ride my bike on the roads, but still get pissed about the cycle "herds" that will take up an entire lane and not let you pass...

Bottom line though?  They are out there, and there is not a thing either you or I can do about it except watch out for them..
View Quote
I don't.  Show me a solid 50 mile stretch of paved trails near my house (sufficiently wide and/or devoid of people that you can safely do 20 mph) and I'll go ride on the trail.  Non-cyclists don't seem to understand you need more than 5 miles of paved trail to ride.  Those short trails are fine for walking and maybe running, but certainly not biking.  Then there are the even more absurd cyclists shouldn't be allowed on the road b/c they don't pay taxes people (as if cyclists don't own one or more cars and pay taxes as such).
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thousands of people are participating in memorials all over the world for him and helping to support his family. Pretty sure when you die nobody will give a fuck about an edgy nobody. #ohwell
View Quote
Aw, there's that hypocrisy we love on GD.  Now who's being the douche?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mike Hall just died racing the Indie Pac too.

I am saving up for a smart trainer to ride zwift with, fuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who was the other one?
I think he's referring to Kansas cycling legend Steve Tilford.

He was killed in a motor vehicle collision on the interstate in Utah.

Yea man. I'm getting a Wahoo. Not sure if I want the the Kickr or the Kickr Snap.

Saw a dudes setup last night with a Tacx and it's super cool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never heard tell of him. Other than a young man with a family going before his time (or maybe it was his time if he was careless) most Americans don't care about competitive peddle-pushing.

Sort of like some soccer star that something happens to. Who? What?

LOL....The only soccer star I can remember is Pelé and the guy that killed his GF and fed her to dogs and got a three-year contract fresh out out the big house.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right, the rest of the world won't GAF if I kick over tomorrow.

HOWEVER, even this blue collar shithead will have actually provided for my family if I croak without asking everyone else to do so instead.

I don't consider financially well off gofundme'rs as much more then people too cheap and uncaring  to even buy a few hundred bucks of life insurance a year to care for their dependent loved one's if the sudden unthinkable happens.  

We are not talking about a long illness that drains funds and makes you uninsurable, that I absolutely understand, accidents are BOOM!!!!! You have an accident.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Mass meets meat.  Meat lost.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm torn, feel bad for an untimely death but I don't care for bicyclists on roads.
View Quote
Curious as to how you feel about scooter, moped, small motorized two wheeled conveyances in general?  Just what is it that makes the difference to you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Curious as to how you feel about scooter, moped, small motorized two wheeled conveyances in general?  Just what is it that makes the difference to you?
View Quote
Generally, scooters, mopeds, and small motorized two wheeled conveyances in general aren't gigantic douches that think the entire road belongs them them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm torn, feel bad for an untimely death but I don't care for bicyclists on roads.
Generally how they treat stop signals and their pace of movement.

Even scooters don't toot around 20 mph under prevailing traffic speeds.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
"He was reportedly hit by a van at a crossroads  after the driver failed to see him. '
sounds like the biker or the driver ran a stop sign, and the vehicle won
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gd cycling threads always bring out the assholes.

Rest In Peace.
View Quote
Yes it does. And the assholes all seem sooooooo very anxious to self-identify as such.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You are right, the rest of the world won't GAF if I kick over tomorrow.

HOWEVER, even this blue collar shithead will have actually provided for my family if I croak without asking everyone else to do so instead.

I don't consider financially well off gofundme'rs as much more then people too cheap and uncaring  to even buy a few hundred bucks of life insurance a year to care for their dependent loved one's if the sudden unthinkable happens.  

We are not talking about a long illness that drains funds and makes you uninsurable, that I absolutely understand, accidents are BOOM!!!!! You have an accident.
View Quote
I agree,
Sorry guy died,  but why the fuck is he more important than anyone else
I've seen plenty of good people with famlies die, there are no vigils around the world,  where was this guy when my friend died? Did he have a vigil for my friend?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes it does. And the assholes all seem sooooooo very anxious to self-identify as such.
View Quote
Agreed.  Why can't the pro-cyclists on GD just not post and keep to themselves?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The GD Clown Car has overflowed into this thread..
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who was the other one?
I think he's referring to Kansas cycling legend Steve Tilford.

He was killed in a motor vehicle collision on the interstate in Utah.

I did not hear that Mike was killed.

RIP
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel better about people who pay registration to drive on roads.

It's warming up where I live and bikes are out. Seems many of them want to get hit based on their optional use of stop signs. The fully geared up people seem to be the worst as they must be "training" and can't respect basic traffic rules.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Riposa in pace, Scarpa.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]
It's time for bikes off the road.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's warming up where I live and bikes are out. Seems many of them want to get hit based on their optional use of stop signs. The fully geared up people seem to be the worst as they must be "training" and can't respect basic traffic rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slave.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Most of the roads around here that are "Bike Roads" are just 2 lanes with a little shoulder to them..You'd never really know except for the "bike lane" sign every few hundred feet
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I am going to toast another grappa to Michele.

Ciao, Scarpa.

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#27]
nice bike

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#28]
That looks uncomfortable as Hell. 

Ow My Balls!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:00:25 AM EDT
[#30]
My girlfriend's brother raced for a team sponsored by Wilier Triestina back when they had the gold coated frames in the 80s and early 90s.

CSB
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ow My Balls!
View Quote
Padded shorts help but it takes a little getting used to
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I see what you did there
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ow My Balls!
View Quote
Do you sit on your balls when you sit on a chair?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ow My Balls!
Not weighing all that much (probably 3-5% body fat during the racing season for him) helps as well from a PSI standpoint.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not weighing all that much (probably 3-5% body fat during the racing season for him) helps as well from a PSI standpoint.
View Quote
Yeah ..I was 260 when I first started riding a few years ago ...I'm 163 now so I've seen it from both sides..lighter is definitely better
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sorry the man's dead, but I have to wonder if there was a stop sign or traffic signal at this intersection and who had the right of way.
View Quote
I've nearly hit a dozen or so cyclists who think traffic laws are for suckas.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry the man's dead, but I have to wonder if there was a stop sign or traffic signal at this intersection and who had the right of way.
Yeah, me too.

Been watching the news and there are no more details available. Van driver hasn't been charged, for instance.

I know they want to be respectful to the guy's family and fans, but it may do some goo to remind bicyclists to pull their heads out of their asses and obey traffic rules.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah, me too.

Been watching the news and there are no more details available. Van driver hasn't been charged, for instance.

I know they want to be respectful to the guy's family and fans, but it may do some goo to remind bicyclists to pull their heads out of their asses and obey traffic rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, me too.

What really blows my mind is when some cyclists (including posters here) defend riding like that "because you can't really train when you're having to stop all the time."
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#39]
With his training partner Frankie

Scarponi y Frankie, una bella historia de amor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
needed louder pipes
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What really blows my mind is when some cyclists (including posters here) defend riding like that "because you can't really train when you're having to stop all the time."
View Quote
Who here has posted in support of cyclist's violating traffic laws (as well as Darwin's Law & Law of Gross Tonnage) in the name of "training" ?

Plenty of people here - cyclists, motorcycle riders and car/truck drivers - have advocated for no need to stop if there isn't another car at an intersection.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who here has posted in support of cyclist's violating traffic laws (as well as Darwin's Law & Law of Gross Tonnage) in the name of "training" ?

Plenty of people here - cyclists, motorcycle riders and car/truck drivers - have advocated for no need to stop if there isn't another car at an intersection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of people have been shot by the unloaded gun too
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#44]
They are taking Chad Young off of life support.

Bad fall in the Tour of the Gila.

Prayers sent. 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top