Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:38:48 PM EDT
Interesting, but I never really knew the backstory about what happened.

Crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Watched it yesterday. Certainly seems the FBI was AFU. Headshot on Vicki Weaver......fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watched it yesterday. Certainly seems the FBI was AFU. Headshot on Vicki Weaver......fucked up.
View Quote
Someday, God willing, we'll find out who gave that order.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it a good watch?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
They certainly utilized a lot of resources.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it a good watch?
View Quote
I thought it was decent. learned more about what happened. Kinda pissed me off a little.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Read the book about the trial by Gerry Spence and learn how he got the Govt. to admit they planted evidence at the scene.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Read the book about the trial by Gerry Spence and learn how he got the Govt. to admit they planted evidence at the scene.
View Quote
Great read and probably one of the more accurate accounts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought it was decent. learned more about what happened. Kinda pissed me off a little.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it a good watch?
Yeah, clearly the guy was kinda squirrelly and boy did everything go sideways. Literally a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched it; I found it very interesting, yet sad.

The DOJ screwed that one up bigtime, but I also believe Weaver was a bit of a crackpot.

I saw him at a gun-show in the 90s in Austin trying to sling books for the paladin press.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Also look up Lon Horiuchi, and H-S Precision if you're bored.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#11]
In!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL and bans.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
In on epic 99-page thread.

Kidding.

4 pages max.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it objective or does it skew to one side?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Ibtiodsg!

(In before Troy industries or dicks sporting goods!

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Just finished it. Watched it in segments tonight. The interviews with the daughter were very compelling. I don't think I knew he and Harris had been acquitted and then he turned around and successfully sued the federal government.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#17]
in on one
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Putting it into perspective here. Wife and son killed because he refused to appear in court

ATF baited the guy in order to get him to spy on his friends.
That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know who Lon Horiuchi is but what's up with H-S? I looked at their website?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
The whole thing was a travesty
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know who Lon Horiuchi is but what's up with H-S? I looked at their website?
View Quote
They hired him.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm half way through it. I didn't realize Randy Weaver was a Green Beret.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Putting it into perspective here. Wife and son killed because he refused to appear in court

ATF baited the guy in order to get him to spy on his friends.
That's fucked up.
View Quote
That's not exactly true though. Randy received a letter informing him that his trial had been scheduled for March 20, though the actual date was February 20. That said he probably wouldn't have shown up either way though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Remember when this was playing out live, Lt. Col Bo Gritz was involved in negotiations. The book Every Knee Shall Bow is pretty indepth, whole thing is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Theres a book called Cold Zero written by Chris somefuckinHRTguy. Spills the other side of the story. I give him credit, as he really doesn't try to spin anything. Just tells the story as he saw it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
If I recall, the shot was at the discretion of Horiuchi. Been a while, but if I recall, he first stated that he didn't know who he fired the shot at. Then the second time stated that he felt Weaver was a threat then he pled the 5th.

Someone have better detail?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's not exactly true though. Randy received a letter informing him that his trial had been scheduled for March 20, though the actual date was February 20. That said he probably wouldn't have shown up either way though.
View Quote
We don't know if he would have shown up or not.  I for one am not interested in that, only the facts of what happened.  They baited/coerced him then gave him false info...then shot his wife and son.  None of them were held accountable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]
A lot less skewed than I expected. Seemed pretty fair and accurate.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We don't know if he would have shown up or not.  I for one am not interested in that, only the facts of what happened.  They baited/coerced him then gave him false info...then shot his wife and son.  None of them were held accountable.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Do a search as there was quite a thread here when it first ran.

If they have the Austin Sniper one available watch it. It covered the whole incident from a little different angle. Well done, actually.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fucker is probably hiding in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larry Potts, to the extent Horiuchi wasn't exercising discretion.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I used to tear the H-S Precision page out of my MidwayUSA catalogs. Still won't consider buying any of their products. FLH
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fucker is probably hiding in Hawaii.
View Quote
He works for the Department of the Army in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I watched all of the Congressional testimony on CSPAN way back after it happened.

Read Gerry Spence's book too.

What a shitshow by the ATF, US Marshals, and FBI.

Our fuck face sheriff that won't issue CCW permits was involved in it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#37]
A fucked up situation.

This is what happens when you have a big government.   You end up with too many "professional" government employees, enforcing too many laws and regulations.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If I recall, the shot was at the discretion of Horiuchi. Been a while, but if I recall, he first stated that he didn't know who he fired the shot at. Then the second time stated that he felt Weaver was a threat then he pled the 5th.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isnt there a recording of them taunting Weaver, asking about his wife after the shot?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's the name of the book? I can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From Freedom to Slavery, by Gerry Spence
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm half way through it. I didn't realize Randy Weaver was a Green Beret.
View Quote
This is a long standing myth that keeps perpetuating itself. So many people have just accepted it as fact that it is never corrected.

He never attended the Q course or earned his S.F. tab. He was in a support role M.O.S. but never attended SWQC. I don't think he was even in the unit longer than a year at the most.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Isnt there a recording of them taunting Weaver, asking about his wife after the shot?
View Quote
The movie says they would talk to vickie, telling her to come out with the kids, surrender. Supposedly did not know she was dead. If the shooter didn't know who he shot, why would they think she was dead?

I don't think it was done intentionally because they knew she was dead.

Sara had a shitty childhood. I can't imagine having my mom killed, then her body staying there for days, as a young teen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just finished it. Watched it in segments tonight. The interviews with the daughter were very compelling. I don't think I knew he and Harris had been acquitted and then he turned around and successfully sued the federal government.
View Quote
This part didn't make the headlines. The headlines were all about this racist, arti-government wackjob who refused to go to court. It was all a lie.

Important lesson: .gov controls the narrative, and they will smear anyone they target with any kind of convenient lie to rationalize their actions. And they will not be held accountable. I wish the true story of Ruby Ridge was taught in every school.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Another Clinton/Reno fuck up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gerry Spence is a big time liberal, but an honest one. He took that case knowing that fellow was being villified and railroaded. Was able to easily dismantle their case and throw it back at the government.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Another Clinton/Reno fuck up.
View Quote
Nope, this one squarely falls under George HW Bush.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Better not question authority of your government or they will kill you. I hope all involved die a slow painful death.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Weaver was no saint by any means, but as such he did not deserve what happened, all for entrapment.  It happened under Bush, and the ring leaders of this shit show never were severely punished.  Several of them were later in charge of another mess in 1993 when they attempted to raid some bible thumpers outside Waco.  That whole mess was an attempt at showing who was in charge and we know how that turned out 24 yrs and 5 days ago.  Too many members on here are unfamiliar with Ruby Ridge and that's a tragedy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Weaver was no saint by any means, but as such he did not deserve what happened, all for entrapment.  It happened under Bush, and the ring leaders of this shit show never were severely punished.  Several of them were later in charge of another mess in 1993 when they attempted to raid some bible thumpers outside Waco.  That whole mess was an attempt at showing who was in charge and we know how that turned out 24 yrs and 5 days ago.  Too many members on here are unfamiliar with Ruby Ridge and that's a tragedy.
View Quote
With all the dope smoking pro-homosexual members here I doubt they would care.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#50]
I remember seeing the picture on f the robot they sent to "communicate " with Randy. It had a sawed off Remington 1100 mounted on it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top