Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I always mess with fellow Soldiers on the ranges during zeroing. Once I get my rifle zeroed I mess with others groups. They are always trying to figure out why they are getting fliers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I w I waited until he was done
View Quote
nice cuck job
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
"you're kinda hot when yer naughty"
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Did he have a man bun and moobs?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I stepped back from the line and almost fell over someone on his hands and knees taking my brass from under my feet. People are stupid.
View Quote
A simple boot to the face will fix that issue
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:14:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've never seen that happen,  but I often have 5-7 yard shooters hit my 25 yard targets due their lousy aim and the arc of fire that cause their misses to strike my target backings.
View Quote
I had exactly this happen last Friday. I was shooting the AR at 50 yards and thought I was hitting really low and thought something was wrong with my shooting that day until I reeled in my target and noticed there were .40 cal. holes all over my target. I was gonna talk some shit to him but he looked like he was having a rough life.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Should have just turned, shot him in the back of the head and said "Hey dude, you are in my lane." <--Had to post funny faces so no one things I am being serious.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#8]
If someone puts up targets, I shoot them. I don't even bring targets. If it's out there, it's going to be shot.

You just need to chill out OP.

ETA: I'm joking. I'll lose track of this thread instantly and forget to say it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I do this all the time when shooting with my friends.

Why are my groups so bad?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I stepped back from the line and almost fell over someone on his hands and knees taking my brass from under my feet. People are stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two uniquely dressed cock gobblers came from the far end of the range to the position beside me to steal my 9mm brass.  

I was kinda bewildered that anyone would make such an effort to steal absolutely filty SMG brass.  

I didn't say anything because my reaction would have gotten me an early end to my range day from the public range.  

I just saved it for some CSB.  Give it to me!
I was at the range with a friend and a couple of fucking weirdos were stealing everyone's brass off the ground. We asked them twice to get away from our bench, but they kept reaching under it. On the third time they did it, my friend (who is male) said to me "watch this." And screamed RAPE! At the top his lungs repeatedly until everyone was looking.

The range master came running out and the guys threw their hands up in the air like they were under arrest or something.

They said "I didn't touch him!  I just reload!" And then they left haha
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never heard of such a thing before in my entire life.
View Quote
This and I try to stay away from ranges that attract people like that but I know sometimes it can't be avoided.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#12]
These types of people usually get injected when they are not paying attention
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#13]
If your dick is visible, most people leave you alone.  Try that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
that's weird but I've done it.

I was testing ammo in a CZ 455. Guy and gal next to me shooting .223.  Guy starts giving gal shit about her shooting. She's all over the place.  

455 however, can drill the centers out of targets at 25m.

So every time she starts shooting, I start hammering the centers out of her targets.  

they pull her next target in and he's speechless.   They send it down again, and she "clears" the center again.  

now she's giving him shit. His friends are giving him shit. He does not know what to do.

it was awesome. I never said a word, and to this day, I suspect he's still getting shit from her.
View Quote
Absolutely classic. Well done Sir.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If your dick is visible, most people leave you alone.  Try that.
View Quote
Pepperoni or cheese pizza?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've done it on purpose because asshat fudds won't go cold so others can set up their targets after a stupid long period of time. I'll just go back to shooting for 30 seconds and add a few flyers to their target.
View Quote
I can understand that thinking.......

I used to shoot at a public range, old Fudd bench rest guy would take minutes between each shot and would grumble if you wanted to change targets after 15-20 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And to this day, not a single person questioned why there were two holes for every shot she fired. She was just that god damn good...

View Quote
1.) You can't exactly get a good count when the center is shot out.
2.) Woman probably completely missed paper enough times to make it look tangible.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I got nothing.

The stupidity amazes me everyday.
View Quote
No shit, I've shot at plenty of public ranges I've never seen anyone do this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope, doesn't happen where I shoot
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ask to go cold.  Get your target, draw a huge penis on it and then staple it on his holder.

Walk back and say - "Lets go hot!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Years ago I used to shoot at a muzzleloader only range. They finally opened it up to other shooters as it was going broke and was in danger of closing.
There was this one asshole that would shoot your target every now and again with his .50 cal muzzleloader.  Wasn't hard to tell what was happening when you had a .22 or a 5.56 and all of a sudden a .50 hole appears.

I had enough of his crap one day and as he was taking his sweet time lining up a shot, I turned my SKS sideways and rapid fired all 10 rds and launched the empties right at him from 2 lanes over.
Watching him dance a little was hilarious. Waited about 30 min and did it again. He packed all his crap and left.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#22]
If the person next to you is the one shooting your target, just switch to one of these:

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Happened to me at a public range , guy was penultimate douchebag who probably wears a fedora and Pokemon shirts to his job at Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
nice cuck job
View Quote
You know how I know you have the IQ of a cucumber?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If the person next to you is the one shooting your target, just switch to one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVyqQhFjto
View Quote
50...... no optic. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Never heard of such a thing before in my entire life.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#27]
If you had kneecapped him for doing it and I saw it all.......I'd not have said a word.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was testing ammo in a CZ 455. Guy and gal next to me shooting .223.  Guy starts giving gal shit about her shooting. She's all over the place.  

So every time she starts shooting, I start hammering the centers out of her targets.  

they pull her next target in and he's speechless.   They send it down again, and she "clears" the center again.  

now she's giving him shit. His friends are giving him shit. He does not know what to do.

it was awesome. I never said a word, and to this day, I suspect he's still getting shit from her.
View Quote
So you convinced someone that shoots poorly that they are a good shot?

Seems dangerous 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#29]
The OP did the right thing. Maybe the offender is just an a-hole. Maybe he's not all there. Not worth the trouble.

Never had that problem at Ben Avery or Rio Salado so I must be lucky.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No, since only an idiot would do something obnoxious to other people on a hot range.

Honestly, anyone like that may well have a screw loose.  Don't turn your back on them.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two uniquely dressed cock gobblers came from the far end of the range to the position beside me to steal my 9mm brass.  

I was kinda bewildered that anyone would make such an effort to steal absolutely filty SMG brass.  

I didn't say anything because my reaction would have gotten me an early end to my range day from the public range.  

I just saved it for some CSB.  Give it to me!
I thanked a guy for picking up my brass at the range for me. I held out my bucket and he turned it over.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

50...... no optic. 
View Quote
Doesn't matter. If a .50 cal even goes near you then you disintegrate into nothing. Direct hits not necessary as a .50 is an area kill weapon much like a B61 nuclear weapon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#33]
<<<<Ignored this thread since yesterday.

I'm just gonna add this, to the list, of shit that can't happen to me.

Tentatively penciled in ABOVE squatters and BELOW divorce.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#34]
This thread reminds me why I will never, EVER, use a public range again unless it's for a match.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Trust me, I wasn't happy, but I've seen too many people chalked up over such trivial shit that I just don't let it rile me up. It's the same reason I don't lose it when people cut me off or drive like idiots.
View Quote
I've watched enough true crime shows to know those will cause homicides
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I've had it happen to me. In fact I saw a guy sitting on a bench and putting two shots on everyones target. He was firing 30 degrees across the line to get the far ones.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've had it happen to me. In fact I saw a guy sitting on a bench and putting two shots on everyones target. He was firing 30 degrees across the line to get the far ones.
View Quote
How? How could this possibly happen? I just watched Evolution on upscaled DVD. Your story is MORE ALIEN than that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:27:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"Public ranges"

It is unfortunate since they help get more people in to shooting, but damn if they aren't filled with windowlickers, dirt shooters, mouth breathers, know-it-alls, former range officers and those inflicted with fetal alcohol syndrome.
View Quote
You forgot cretins.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Seems dangerous 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems dangerous 
I didn't think about that till later. She's also going to forever wonder how she got that lucky that day and now can't hit anything again.  She was all over the map on her own.

She probably started a YouTube training channel on shooting
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My unit commander shot my target during qualifications. He scored zero hits on his target.
I did pretty well!!
View Quote
When I was at the Correctional officer academy,  I had a female officer shoot my target.  She also had zero hits on her target.  We both ended up have to re qualify.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That would have triggered the hell out of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... He told me to chill out...

That would have triggered the hell out of me.
And would have told him, "You owe me $$$ for a new target."
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Happened to me when I was a meat inspector for the Department of AG when I lived in CHarleston...

Bought one of those nice 2 target stand from champion, set it up with 2 targets at 100... Dude next to me shoots the other target, says he will replace it when he goes out... I'm already pissed, so I start packing up my stuff and he asks for me to wait and let him finish a group on the other target... I say ok, let me get a few shots in to check zero and you can blast both targets... and I get my 6mm remington back out and put 2 really really fucking lucky rounds right in the center of the target stands main beam, mast, whatever its called... and Split it in two... Both targets fall to the ground he cusses, I laugh and  I pack up and leave....

Now thats to much money to waste.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was trying out some new 147gr 9mm loads I made up and had a target stand with some nice paper targets I bought. I go to the benches behind me to get something from my range bag and this guy who was shooting next to me places himself where I just was and starts shooting my target. I waited until he was done with the magazine and asked him to stop shooting my target. He told me to chill out and then walked away. Is this a normal thing at public ranges? First time it's happened to me.
View Quote

It is not normal and he is an assclown. I admit...once some poor soul was next to me who could not hit the target...so I popped one in the X ring. I didn't want him to feel too bad...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Happens all the time on the pistol range when women are shooting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You're amazing.
View Quote
Yes.  Yes I am. No matter what they say, hearing it never gets old.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Funny story, but why are they shooting rifles at 25M?
View Quote
And from the bench too......and not hitting shit.  

Yesterday at the range, two chicks wearing spandex pants were picking up their brass.  It was breathtaking.  I wish they would have picked up my brass!!!!  

I bore sighted my Larue build and had it 4" from the X at 100 on the first shot. I am lovin' it!!  

I went home and had some PBR, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, smoked ribs, and shrimp cocktails.  It just doesn't get any better.  

This bourbon sure is fucking great.  Much like America.  Making it great again!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
over Easter weekend i was at the 10yrd pistol range making noise with a pair of my cowboy guns. and the range goes cold. a group of guys walk up, to a man wearing skinny jeans tight fitting grey t-shirts and gold jewlery. At this range they have plasitic panels that are the designated spots for targets. well these guys walk up and proceed to use the two designated spots and then spread 4 more targets all over the fuckin place. the range officer calls them out, well the one guy starts rattling on in something that sounded slavic but wasn't english. apparently they decided to push the issue by dramatically ripping off all the targets then sidestepping a couple of feet and replacing one of them by putting a ridiculous amount of staples on the target (i guess to make a point).. at this point these Russian mob looking guys are chattering back and forth and laughing while holding up the entire range because once again the RO makes him walk back out and take down the targets in the wrong spot..

i had my revenge though, the wind shifted right then slowed to barely a whisper as the line went hot, and they were downwind.. and one of my cowboy guns makes allot of smoke.. so i loaded up both cylinders and turned on the fogger... they were not happy when they couldn't see their target anymore

Gratuitous pic of FIL behind said fogger:
http://i.imgur.com/ZOQuct4.jpg
View Quote
Bravo!!! You are winning the interwebs in this thread!~ 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#49]
This is a new one to me. NJ doesn't have much in the way of public ranges so it's either private clubs or indoor ranges.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This is a new one to me. NJ doesn't have much in the way of public ranges so it's either private clubs or indoor ranges.
View Quote
Your life will be exponentially better the split second you move from NJ.  I hope you already know this, but feel I must point it out in this free range thread.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top