Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Get your reservations in now for the 2024 one, I'll bet money that hotels will be paying attention to any future ones looking to cash in

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2024Apr08Tgoogle.html
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
We are about 15 miles from it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Front end loader, couple gallons of diesel, and a match would clean that right up.   20 minutes max.  

What does a camping spot go for?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah. Send out invites on social media for those 'in tune with the environment' and 'respect nature'.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/North-Dakota-camp-4.jpg
Front end loader, couple gallons of diesel, and a match would clean that right up.   20 minutes max.  

What does a camping spot go for?  

You read my mind. My house is right in the path, and I'm willing to rent space in the field behind my house for camping
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I am about 1000 miles from the closest viewing spot and will just watch video of it.

Did get to se the last two, one at my house, the other at the beach.

We did some projections of it with my telescope and I watched it directly through my welding helmet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
All hotels and motels have been filled from Pocky to Rexburg.  It's funny that the BYUI had not heard of "The Happening", had no Idea people wanted to view the Eclipse.  Rent from 800-1200$ per night.  Astronomers from all over the globe have been busy prepping.  Personally met a team from Denmark, they were very excited.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't remember ever seeing a total solar eclipse, but my house is in the totality band for this one at about 2:34 pm EDT.
Have to leave work a little early but would be cool to see.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Stutzcattle.  

Can we have a watch party at the winery/brewery?
View Quote
In planning.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
We have a couple hundred acres in South Carolina that is in the path.  It's a 14 hour drive but I might go down and do some hog hunting for a few days during the eclipse.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at hotels in Kaycee, Wyoming. Just 30 minutes north of Casper.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top