Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2017 10:49:15 PM EDT
I've been wondering how well a Shockwave works w/ the technique I've seen some guys shooting the short/stockless HK Subguns.    Put a sling on it and push it forward on the sling instead of having a stock.  It seems like it should keep it away from your face and let you shoot it reasonably accurately.  Anyone tried it?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The only positive thing I can add is that because this gun came out I've decided to build an actual blunderbuss with my son.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]
The correct technique is... pull BACK on the grip and push FORWARD on the forend.  When it comes back it will move down away from the face!
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only positive thing I can add is that because this gun came out I've decided to build an actual blunderbuss with my son.
View Quote
Lol noob, muzzle loaders don't fall under nfa, there not firearms. You can hack any modern black powder rifle down to a 8 inch barrel and be fine.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been wondering how well a Shockwave works w/ the technique I've seen some guys shooting the short/stockless HK Subguns.    Put a sling on it and push it forward on the sling instead of having a stock.  It seems like it should keep it away from your face and let you shoot it reasonably accurately.  Anyone tried it?
View Quote

No, but I split my lip with a regular pistol grip 500 before I knew the difference between birdshot and buck.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Mossberg gave us a neat little no-NFA range toy for a very reasonable price.

Don't ruin it by trying to pretend it's a viable defensive tool.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mossberg gave us a neat little no-NFA range toy for a very reasonable price.

View Quote
Nothing wrong w seeing how well it works within the law and testing what works best.  I suspect it is viable but unforgiving and requiring a minimum level of practice. The practice towards proficiency is the fun part.  Other tools will do the job more reliably and safer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, works fine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
https://youtu.be/bgXAcRiE-Rk
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lol noob, muzzle loaders don't fall under nfa, there not firearms. You can hack any modern black powder rifle down to a 8 inch barrel and be fine.
View Quote
Just meant that it inspired the build. Nothing to do with barrel length.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Mossberg gave us a neat little no-NFA range toy for a very reasonable price.

View Quote
Handy little car gun for probably less money than you can build a comparable length AR or AK pistol.  Very narrow window, however, particularly w/ AR prices dropping like a stone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top