Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I ordered a plain Jane Shield 9mm with no safety last night from Grab-a-Gun, got the shipping and tracking information just now.  Guess it'll be here Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you guys can carry appendix the Bladetech Klipt works well and is cheap

Bladetech is g2g in my book
View Quote
I ordered a Stealthgear Revolution AIWB from Amazon ,$64 free shipping and I had a $11 and change credit.
I have their regular AIWB for my CZ P-01 and love it so instead of paying a little over a hundred for another one, I'll try the cheaper line of holsters. For $53 bucks I figured I take a chance.

Revolution AIWB holster from Amazon
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well.  My package was delivered to my FFL.  Now I wait for him to call me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I might have missed it, but how many magazines come with the .45 Shield at PSA? Are they extended or not?

I looked at their site, but could not find the info.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I might have missed it, but how many magazines come with the .45 Shield at PSA? Are they extended or not?

Thanks
View Quote
One 6-round flush, one 7-round extended.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
http://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-m-p45-shield-45-acp-pistol-w-o-thumb-safety-black-11531.html

I don't know how to hot link. Should Come with two mags which is standard.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you.

Looks like the GrabaGun .45 with night sights and three mags is the way to go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered my 2nd 9mm Shield w/night sights & 3 mags from GrabAGun on Saturday, it shipped today so should be here on Thursday (last time it arrived a day early, fingers crossed that it happens again!)

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ordered my 2nd 9mm Shield w/night sights & 3 mags from GrabAGun on Saturday, it shipped today so should be here on Thursday (last time it arrived a day early, fingers crossed that it happens again!)

Tomac
View Quote
I should have ordered mine from them. PSA still says processing. I ordered last Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The Performance Centers with hi-viz sights come with two mags, the base models with tritium sights are the LE models and come with three mags. At least that's how the three I bought came (2 PCs and an LE). Can't say about the Performance Centers with tritium sights which are pretty new.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Whats the complaint with the shield trigger?

Is it just a shitty pull, or are there reliability issues with them?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked up my 9mm  Shield today.  About 10 total days from order to gun in-hand from PSA; I'm fine with that.

OK, so I'm new to S&W Pistols.  A few things I observed now that I have it:

1) $~250 final price for this gun is one HELL of a deal.
2) The gun recoil characteristics are way milder than I was anticipating.  This is a very mild gun to shoot.  Quite surprised by that.
3) If you're carrying an LCP now, this gun is MUCH larger, than your LCP.  It's not quite a full-sized double-stack 9mm, but if the hope was just a little bigger than an LCP for CCW, you're going to be disappointed.  You certainly can CCW better than most 9mm pistols, but it's not even in the same class of small, as something like an LCP.  But with that, comes a 9mm that you can pocket carry if you want, that is single stack, yet for the most part handles almost as good as a full-sized combat 9mm, in many ways.
4) The trigger is NOT BAD! Not bad at all.  Interestingly though, the trigger guard is... small.  This is the hardest gun I own to easily pull my finger out of.  So if you're the type who shoots, and then pulls your finger out to ride it along the side, it takes a little more effort do to that with the Shield, than any of my other guns.
4) This gun very definitely requires a break in period.  The first few magazines in mine had some jams (either skipped feed, or didn't quite close into battery).  Also, loading 7+1 wouldn't strip in the first shot, at first.  Once you put a few mags thought it though, the gun is 100%.  Once broken in and using full-power ammo (vs mild reloads), 7+1 seemed to work fine.
5) Again, this gun require a break-in.  The slide release is stiff and difficult to use at first, but after about 200 rounds, it gets much better.
6) If you are on a budget and had to have just 1 9mm that you were to use for home, vehicle, personal defense, and occasional recreational target shooting - this would be one heck of a good choice.  This is the gun you buy for your girlfriend.  It's very handy, yet very manageable.  None of the snappy challenge other highly compact guns can have.  

if you haven't ordered one of these yet - do so.  For this price, it's a great general purpose CCW gun.  It's not the ultra-mostest-deepest concealable 9mm.  But it is designed for CCW carry, and works in that roll.

Here is how it shot at 50' today freehand:

For reference, in comparison to my full-sized pistol I shoot, a bit wider, and with one shot going wild.  But overall, for 50' away, that's pretty darned serviceable!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my 9mm today. Only had 9mm revolvers in the past. Anybody have any good leads for 1 or 2 thousand rounds?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys using a single or double mag carrier for CCW with these? Need to get a raven kydex ordered but not sure how much room the double takes up, I'm used to a single with my G19.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:48:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You guys using a single or double mag carrier for CCW with these? Need to get a raven kydex ordered but not sure how much room the double takes up, I'm used to a single with my G19.
View Quote
I carry a single 8rd reload in a Remora mag pouch in my left hip pocket. If I think I might need more than that, I carry my SIG P250 w/one or two 15rd reloads.

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:52:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got my 9mm today. Only had 9mm revolvers in the past. Anybody have any good leads for 1 or 2 thousand rounds?
View Quote
SGAmmo.com is my go-to for ammo: http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/9mm-luger-ammo
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I should have ordered mine from them. PSA still says processing. I ordered last Thursday.
View Quote
I'm no logistical genius but things like this don't help shipping times
This is UPS Tracking of my order:

San Antonio, TX, United States  04/12/2017  5:53 A.M.  Destination Scan  
04/12/2017  5:37 A.M.  Arrival Scan  
04/12/2017  5:14 A.M.  Departure Scan  
04/12/2017  4:32 A.M.  Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States  04/12/2017  3:13 A.M.  Departure Scan  
04/12/2017  12:12 A.M.  Arrival Scan  

DFW Airport, TX, United States  04/11/2017  9:11 P.M.  Departure Scan  
04/11/2017  12:05 P.M.  Arrival Scan

West Columbia, SC, United States  04/11/2017  10:37 A.M.  Departure Scan  
West Columbia, SC, United States  04/10/2017  8:12 P.M.  Origin Scan  

United States  04/09/2017  4:30 P.M. (ET)  Order Processed: Ready for UPS  
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#20]
A lot of people asked about a good holster, I bought this and it looks great and fits like a glove and is cheap!!!!

Kydex holster
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#21]
It's worth your $40 to check out AlienGear for a comfortable IWB holster.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's worth your $40 to check out AlienGear for a comfortable IWB holster.
View Quote
This is good advice. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tomac
View Quote
UPS tracking indicates early delivery today! Yay for me!

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

UPS tracking indicates early delivery today! Yay for me!

Tomac
View Quote
My 45 shield gets delivered today also !!! 

EDIT- Only 7 days from ordered to delivered. 
EDIT 2 -Just picked it up from my FFL and it's pretty nice ! Cant wait to try it out this weekend .
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#25]
My Bodyguard is scheduled to be delivered to the FFL today.........took about 10 days.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#26]
4/2 Order of 9mm with night sights and no safety from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore shipping today.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#27]
How good are the Performance S&W's I see the rebate on?

I've never had a ported gun before...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How good are the Performance S&W's I see the rebate on?

I've never had a ported gun before...
View Quote
Only ported gun I've shot is my 460V then I replaced the ported end cap for an in-ported one. Ported was louder.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I got mine (9mm no safety) yesterday. Feels great in hand, hope to shoot it this weekend. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally arrived 

Dude at the FFL looked at the invoice and said "How much did you pay for this??" then wrote down Sportsman's website lol 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#31]
is it now a thing that the ffl has to see your drivers license as well as your LTC?
i thought all i needed was the LTC, and the lady behind the counter gave me shit about not having my DL.....still processed the transfer with just the LTC.
the next day when i went in to get the second pistol that came in, she said she was gonna have to call the owner to ask if it was ok to transfer without the DL.

i asked, 'how do you transfer a firearm to a person with no DL? just a person who doesn't drive at all...no arrests or anything, just no DL?'
her answer: it's a government form and i can't leave it blank.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Went to a local shop that carries CompTac holsters and picked up CompTac MTAC. It was $94 which is more than I wanted to spend but I have one for my G19 and my G26 and it's the most comfortable holster i've ever used. They had a bunch of mag carriers but didn't have the Shield one in stock.

Where are you guy's ordering extra mag's from?

My order is still processing from PSA from when I ordered on the 6th. I was trying to be patient but it's so damn hard!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#33]
This is about the cheapest place you'll find for mags.

https://www.44mag.com/category/98

Ordered a couple Kytex mag carriers to try.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
is it now a thing that the ffl has to see your drivers license as well as your LTC?
i thought all i needed was the LTC, and the lady behind the counter gave me shit about not having my DL.....still processed the transfer with just the LTC.
the next day when i went in to get the second pistol that came in, she said she was gonna have to call the owner to ask if it was ok to transfer without the DL.

i asked, 'how do you transfer a firearm to a person with no DL? just a person who doesn't drive at all...no arrests or anything, just no DL?'
her answer: it's a government form and i can't leave it blank.
View Quote
In Pa your CCW means nothing. They use your DL
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.kytexgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Shield.jpg
View Quote
I use a Kytex for my G26 and it's pretty comfortable. Thanks for the link on the mags!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.kytexgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Shield.jpg
View Quote
Palmetto has them for the same price and free shipping if you buy 5.... that said there's been a couple places pop up the last few days selling mags at $9.99 I snagged 4 before they sold out but if you have Facebook look up the shield owners group they post up the mag deals pretty quick. Be warned though there's lots of derp from people showing off the new colorfill they did or other random newby type stuff but as long as they're buying guns and shooting it's a good thing 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bought 1. Damnit.
View Quote
Ordered from SOS on 4/1 picked up today.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#38]
ordered from SOS 4/1. Delivered to FFL today. Shooting it tm, dropping in an apex
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Ordered from SOS on 4/5 and it has not shipped yet.  I HATE WAITING!

I got a little anxiety relief by fondling one at the LGS today.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Wonder how a .40 and .45 compare recoil wise in  Shield?

Ive shot a 9mm and it was fairly shoft.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I ordered a Theis holster a week ago. Their website said 2-3 week turnaround and I was expecting even longer with the run on the Sheilds but I just got an email that it shipped.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have read that the .40 is not very pleasant to shoot, but have never shot one. Shot a few mags through a 9, but it has been a couple of years now. Picked up my .45 from my FFL last weekend and went to the range. The .45 is definitely manageable; I was both surprised and impressed. Kind of going from memory, but the .45 Shield seemed a lot more pleasant to shoot than the XDS .45 4.0 I used to have.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered a 9mm with thumb safety, could no longer say no.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have read that the .40 is not very pleasant to shoot, but have never shot one. Shot a few mags through a 9, but it has been a couple of years now. Picked up my .45 from my FFL last weekend and went to the range. The .45 is definitely manageable; I was both surprised and impressed. Kind of going from memory, but the .45 Shield seemed a lot more pleasant to shoot than the XDS .45 4.0 I used to have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 40 Shield was not bad at all in terms of recoil, I mean even compared to the 9mm version.

I still need to try the 45 Shield, which has extra stippling in the grip area.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I have a little arthritis in my strong hand. I can shoot my 9mm reloads all day, but  100 rounds of fotay is rough in a polymer gun.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ordered a 9mm with thumb safety, could no longer say no.
View Quote
Have a 9mm on the way . . . but . . . it's just too good of a deal . . . just tagged a .45 ! ! !

Damn it ! ! !
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The 40 Shield was not bad at all in terms of recoil, I mean even compared to the 9mm version.

I still need to try the 45 Shield, which has extra stippling in the grip area.
View Quote
Hmm...I was considering an XDS in .40 just to have a single stack alternative to my Glock 27...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Have a 9mm on the way . . . but . . . it's just too good of a deal . . . just tagged a .45 ! ! !

Damn it ! ! !
View Quote
I've got the opposite problem, just got a .45 but really thinking about a 9 now! I can say the .45 is better than I expected!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Is the Shield bigger or smaller then a 908/3913?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Good news: 2nd Shield from GrabAGun arrived a day early and at my FFL just soon enough that I was able to pick it up on my lunch hour w/just seconds to spare when I got back.

Bad news: The trigger on my 2nd Shield sucks big time!

The trigger on my first Shield is excellent for factory, I may have to do something w/the 2nd Shield's trigger if it doesn't improve over time. Any improvement options out there aside from APEX?

Tomac

ETA: After some dry-firing, it seems to be improving some. I'll hit the range sometime soon and test both triggers side-by-side and see how they compare.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top