BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The part where you propose giving the government the power to mutilate people I think is the sticking point.
View Quote
Yeah,better to stick with the gov having the power to take a percentage of your income and give it to someone else,then mutilate you if you refuse to "pay your fair share".
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The part where you propose giving the government the power to mutilate people I think is the sticking point.
View Quote
basically this. i dont like paying taxes, i dont like a lot of what my taxes to towards. but thats life, i can deal with it.

what i really dont want is a government so powerful and intrusive that it can detain you, transport you to some government compound/clinic and perform surgery on you against your will because thats what the government has deemed is required for its idea of what society should be.

thats a really crazy idea for a site like this and frankly i think this is a troll thread which is ok, i get bored sometimes too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the thread is over. We have established that people who work and make rational decisions based on their needs, assets and incomes should be forced at gunpoint to support the irrational and selfish decisions of others. We have further established that any person who makes rational decisions and opposes being forced to support the decisions of the irrational, or seeks to compel the irrational to behave in a way that does not interfere with the rational, is a supporter of genocide.

Most happily, we have identified those who believe it is just and right that those who tend to their own affairs be enslaved to those who do not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder how many people who get super worked up about welfare are net lifetime takers of government funds versus net lifetime donors.
View Quote
There is no such thing as "government funds". It ALL comes from taxpayers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
We have also established that FLA1A must have hit his head at some point recently because the thread is crazy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do people who lack the resources to raise children have the right to raise whatever number of children pleases them, at taxpayer expense?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, those are the only people you want to sterilize? I want to sterilize like fucking 80% of the population lol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Right now we are basically paying a portion of society to breed. They know the more kids,they have, the more they get in welfare.  Cap the amount they get,or even decrease it for every child they have and it will slow this shit down...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do people who lack the resources to raise children have the right to raise whatever number of children pleases them, at taxpayer expense?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

res ipsa loquitur
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should be clear that they do not have that right, but that they will have that ability under a generous welfare state.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nobody has the right to the product of another person's labor except by voluntary arrangement. Duh.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nobody has the right to the product of another person's labor except by voluntary arrangement. Duh.
View Quote
So the option of those who can't or won't make rational reproductive decisions is to fill the gutters with tiny corpses.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Just change the welfare legislation. Shrink government, don't give them more power. Certainly don't give them any power to force sterilization.

This is a stupid idea, has always been a stupid idea, and will always be a stupid idea, and yet for some reason a lot of otherwise intelligent people seem to like it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So the option of those who can't or won't make rational reproductive decisions is to fill the gutters with tiny corpses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Totally. So you can either kick in ten percent of the budget to keep them from starving (or, more likely, rioting and looting food and other portable things), or you start aborting babies, or you can start permanently mutilating people, or...

Which policy option do you hate the least? It's all bad, which one is the least bad?

Quoted:
Yeah,better to stick with the gov having the power to take a percentage of your income and give it to someone else,then mutilate you if you refuse to "pay your fair share".
Let's be clear here: that's going to happen no matter what. That's never going to ever change, ever, not as long as you or I live. One way or the other, a man with a gun is going to get a proportion of the product of your labor and he's going to do stuff with it. We don't have to like it, but that's what's up. The question before us is whether it's a cool idea for the guy with the gun to spend a bunch of that money mutilating your countrymen in the hopes of recouping that investment later in reduced welfare outlays.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
wtf?
View Quote
+1  whats going on here lately
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wtf?
echelon
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I believe the thread is over. We have established that people who work and make rational decisions based on their needs, assets and incomes should be forced at gunpoint to support the irrational and selfish decisions of others. We have further established that any person who makes rational decisions and opposes being forced to support the decisions of the irrational, or seeks to compel the irrational to behave in a way that does not interfere with the rational, is a supporter of genocide.

Most happily, we have identified those who believe it is just and right that those who tend to their own affairs be enslaved to those who do not.
View Quote
Excellent post that sums it up nicely.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Get rid of subsidies of all kinds and people can pop out as many kids as they want.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Buck V. Bell.

Yeah, let's go back to those days.

Heil Hitler!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Why not just take away the welfare etc.?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
More so than the .gov has the right to use permanent, involuntary sterilization.

Eugenics was used widely in this country in the past, ironically for better civic reasons than you bring up. Not only did it not work out, in the best of review, the concept was abused to rediculas ends..

Most of the ideas Hitler used in the holocaust, he learned from experiments attempted in this country in the late 19th - early 20th century's. All our own citizens, but considered less than 'normal'. No recourse or appeal on the victims part. Just gathered up & done.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
welp.. lets break this down.. We have established that people who work and make rational decisions based on their needs, assets and incomes should are be forced at gunpoint to support the irrational and selfish decisions of others. thats the facts of life, we are forced but i suspect most of us dont think we should be

We have further established that any person who makes rational decisions and opposes being forced to support the decisions of the irrational, or seeks to compel the irrational to behave in a way that does not interfere with the rational, is a supporter of genocide.
err.. at most one might state that someone who is in favor of forced surgical procedures (for any purpose, but in this case to stop them from procreating) is in fact a supporter of a form of genocide

Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group. (Article 2 CPPCG)s

we have identified those who believe it is just and right that those who tend to their own affairs be enslaved to those who do not. not sure if serious. we all pay taxes. thats a fact of life. in my world view (and i suspect this is the generally accepted as true) paying taxes is not by definition, slavery though some, being overly sensitive to such ideas (sovereign citizens) might feel this way

your reasoning is a bit jejune...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#23]
No.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Easy peasy.

Wonder how many generations of welfare recipients are out there?Here in bumfuck Iowa,I know of a couple of 3 generations now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just end welfare. 
Easy peasy.

Wonder how many generations of welfare recipients are out there?Here in bumfuck Iowa,I know of a couple of 3 generations now.
People die daily of starvation in other countries, might as well happen here also instead of me paying for them. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People die daily of starvation in other countries, might as well happen here also instead of me paying for them. 
View Quote
You should be free to pay for them all you want,just don't take a money from me as well.That's our benevolent government though-taking money from those that work and handing it out like candy.

Africa is a good example-the UN is crying for billions more dollars to keep them from starving.They can't feed themselves,yet sit around and breed like rabbits and we are supposed to take care of them?

In this world of safe spaces and participation trophies,why not continue to reward irresponsible behavior?What's the worst that could happen?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are you going to do phrenological testing before starting the sterilizations?
View Quote
HA that made me laugh out loud!

As for OP=

J-
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not once did you consider the idea of dropping welfare spending in government budgets. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not once did you consider the idea of dropping welfare spending in government budgets. 
View Quote
lol,it's all fantasy-no one is dropping welfare benefits or forcing people to get sterilized.

We will continue on with the excellent plan of rewarding people for bad behavior.Look how well it has worked in most inner cities............
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Instead of giving the government more power (and the power to decide if you can reproduce is about as big as it gets), why don't we just shut down welfare (which also gives enormous power to the government)?

Your idea to fix a too powerful government doing harmful things is to give them more power.  Does that make any sense?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
lol,it's all fantasy-no one is dropping welfare benefits or forcing people to get sterilized.
We will continue on with the excellent plan of rewarding people for bad behavior.Look how well it has worked in most inner cities............
View Quote
If I became the governor of NY state, I would start cutting back on welfare benefits as my first order of bidness, literally. I'd be like, "Move to New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont or Massachusetts. Let the libtards there fund your life." Of course, I would have to take on a hailstorm of attacks from the leftist media. Second order of bidness would be getting rid of the Safe act. Third order of bidness would be covering up my Russian ties.... just kidding. Its a joke.... comrade.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Ah yes, the old "progressive" activist Supreme Court Justice, Oliver Wendell Holmes summed it up: "Three generations of imbeciles are enough" even though with the possible exception of the grandmother, none of them were feeble-minded.  

"We have seen more than once that the public welfare may call upon the best citizens for their lives. It would be strange if it could not call upon those who already sap the strength of the State for these lesser sacrifices, often not felt to be such by those concerned, to prevent our being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind. The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes."

Oliver Wendell Holmes Buck v. Bell 274 U.S. 200
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Unconstitutional since 195? ?
View Quote
But not a single instance of improper usage prior to that!!!

Ever.

Trust your betters.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I became the governor of NY state, I would start cutting back on welfare benefits as my first order of bidness, literally. I'd be like, "Move to New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont or Massachusetts. Let the libtards there fund your life." Of course, I would have to take on a hailstorm of attacks from the leftist media. Second order of bidness would be getting rid of the Safe act. Third order of bidness would be covering up my Russian ties.... just kidding. Its a joke.... comrade.
View Quote
You would never become governor of NYS running on such a platform.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Look how well it has worked in most inner cities............
View Quote
I mean.. two years ago the murder rate was at a 51 year low, after which it increased somewhat in 2015 and 2016. Violent crime rates have been falling since the early 90s, property crime rates have been falling since 1990. Burglary rates have been falling since the 80s. (according to the FBI via the mises institute and wikipedia)

I'm not gonna strip naked and run backward through the ghetto (in fact, I'm going to put on another shirt, nobody needs to see this), but it's my understanding that the welfare state has pretty much only grown since the 70s (according to the Cato, it's basically tripled as a proportion of GDP since 1965; and welfare spending per person-in-poverty has also tripled in constant dollars).

Shit was really bad in the 70s and 80s, but things have been getting better on the crime front since the early 90s, and if welfare spending hasn't fallen off to make poor people change their behavior, what has?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You would never become governor of NYS running on such a platform.
View Quote
lol,no kidding.

Hell,I can remember the Republican Governor that ran as pro gun not all that many years ago...............

FNY
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think the government should offer anyone $10,000 cash, tax free, to become permanently sterile.  I don't care if you are 18 or 98, the offer is open to any adult.  It'll save a lot of money in the long run.
View Quote
$10K just so I can't have any kids and I don't get limp dick or anything and still able to bang women?
Hell at this point in my life sign me up The procedure is paid for and any complications that might occur right?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What are your thoughts on the following statute?

1. Any person who sires a child which child is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon commencement of the child's receipt of such assistance.

2. Any person who gives birth to a child which child is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon commencement of the child's receipt of such assistance.

3. Any person who is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon birth of a child to such person.
View Quote

Sounds like you are trolling, because I doubt you are that stupid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Wasn't just 'imbeciles' back then. Native Americans, epileptics, certain blacks, interracial married couples & many others were done without consent or due process.

Every bit of it was legal...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think OP's provisions or similar promote building the kind of society I want to live in.

They go too far, while also not going nearly far enough.

We need to go to sink-or-swim for able bodied adults that aren't willing to fill in potholes and pick up trash.     I don't care to risk missing out on the next big wave of productivity and quality of potential life improvements because tens of millions of useless fucks are holding us back.    

We're like a household weighed down by several loser children living in the basement.

I don't see any nice way to get from here to there, though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#40]
You would have a better chance of just getting rid of welfare altogether, legislatively speaking. So why not just do that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You would have a better chance of just getting rid of welfare altogether, legislatively speaking. So why not just do that?
View Quote
If we just did that, nobody would get to jerk off to their fantasies of undesirables being dragged down hospital corridors by uniformed police officers and strapped to gurneys so that "doctors" can shoot them full of anesthetic and mutilate them for the good of the motherland.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Boy, the Totalitarian Impulse isn't just a feature of the left is it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#43]
What I would see as a lot more doable would be if the individual that's requesting .gov to pay for the birth of their child would volunteer, in return, to have their tubes tied. If they don't volunteer to do it, they don't get the whole bill paid. An escalating scale could be incorporated so by the third (just an arbitrary number thrown out there) the .gov would no longer pay for any part of the birth.

You do have to realize, though, the racket isn't in paying for births, the costs to .gov is after the birth. Women turn out kids like puppy mills to get the funds available to single, unemployed mothers. THAT lucrative incentive is what needs to be addressed.

Could be that a cash payout incentive could be used at the time of birth to have tubes tied. $10K, up front would be cheaper than the results otherwise & accomplish the goals.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Boy, the Totalitarian Impulse isn't just a feature of the left is it.
View Quote
It's not socialism when we do it!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Saw this preview last night and thought of this thread........

[youtube]https://youtu.be/8FbQoI8P7c4[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't have a problem with something like Norplant being required for any females over the age of 14 receiving government assistance, but the permanent sterilization gives me pause.  We do need to ensure anyone receiving government assistance is prevented to the best of our ability from generating offspring they obviously can't afford.  However, there is always the possibility they will get an education or otherwise overcome a temporary situation and become productive members of society.  If they get off welfare they should have the ability to freely choose to have kids just like anyone else.  Receiving government aid should not taint the rest of a person's life.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#47]
But they have rights!

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Isolated incidents............

[youtube]https://youtu.be/sjpGBEPYv80[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/yXY28nnxuh8[/youtube]

Idiocracy nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Planned parenthood should offer free sterilization instead of abortions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#50]
TNR - Trap-Neuter-Release

Works for feral cats!!!!!!!

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top