Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2017 10:51:33 AM EDT
Discussing it on the radio currently.

We banned such an idea but the UK has started to look at engineering children over time looking at wiping away things like autism, depression, obesity etc etc through using DNA from the parents as well as other donors. Going in and taking things out of the coding.

Seems like a good idea at first but a little creepy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

We banned such an idea but the UK has started to look at engineering children over time looking at wiping away things like autism, depression, obesity etc etc through using DNA from the parents as well as other donors. Going in and taking things out of the coding.

View Quote

Perfect.

This will be to the AI robots what Political correctness is to rational thinking people. The abstraction is interesting, the reality is hilariously (i.e. sardonically) entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL

Imagine scientists trying to genetically engineer the perfect politician?  Eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm already here, motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#5]
This is necessary if we ever want the human species to evolve.

This will also have the very unfortunate consequence for the nonengineered humans, as our children will be significantly more competent, aggressive, and dangerous than we are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This will also have the very unfortunate consequence for the nonengineered humans, as our children will be significantly more competent, aggressive, and dangerous than we are.
View Quote
They are already talking about making them smarter etc etc.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Genetic enginered perfect humans on the horizon?
View Quote

answer:  yes.

watch & learn, muggles:

Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you want Kahn? Because, this is how you get Kahn.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

on paper, a wolf is superior in just about every way to a dog. Genetically, they are essentially the same animal.

But we prefer dogs for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Came for Kahn.  Leaving happy.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Polychromatic master race children :^)
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not thru the NEA they won't. not anything government controlled. It will have to be cybernetically implanted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you want Kahn? Because, this is how you get Kahn.
View Quote
We have already had Genghis Khan, no engineering required.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I laugh @ your engineering. Here I am.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I heard on the radio that they are able to start using the membrane of a leaf to culture stem cells or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Black Science Man made a good point in one of the panels in which he was a guest speaker.

He pointed out how our IQ level is that to where anybody who isn't mentally retarded should be able to learn how to do basic math, while only a small % of us really can grasp Quantum Math.

That an advanced civilization may have it to where anyone of their folks can learn and have a full grasps of Quantum Math. So, basically their median intelligence is out advances intelligence.

This is how we get to other solar systems in <100 years.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Black Science Man made a good point in one of the panels in which he was a guest speaker.

He pointed out how our IQ level is that to where anybody who isn't mentally retarded should be able to learn how to do basic math, while only a small % of us really can grasp Quantum Math.

That an advanced civilization may have it to where anyone of their folks can learn and have a full grasps of Quantum Math. So, basically their median intelligence is out advances intelligence.

This is how we get to other solar systems in <100 years.
View Quote
AI. The next evolution of intelligent beings.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#22]
2nd post nails it...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice 

I will take 3 of these please 

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I for one welcome our genetically engineered perfect human masters.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#25]
It's all well and good until these genetically modified children turn into cannibal vampires with extraordinary strength and intelligence, putting us normal humans into pens to become a food source.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Liberals will have defects engineered into the children they artificially conceive with their life partners because to do otherwise would be supporting ableism.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Do you suppose the Chi-coms have any such hand wringing over genetic engineering?  It's coming, and we better get on board or

they are going to make us a has been.  I would guess that in 30 to 50 years it will be fairly easy to use gene editing to not only wipe

out genetic disease, but make kids with a higher IQ, and better physical performance, and on a widespread basis.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Evolve? Engineered? If YOU had a hand in it's DEVELOPMENT it was modified not evolved. Creature vs. Evoluter
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Sooner or later some country is not only going to legalize it but government fund it, that country will be full of Olympic decathlete/Einsteins that never get sick and remain active well into old age. Other countries that do not follow along will be full of the people of walmart.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Evolve? Engineered? If YOU had a hand in it's DEVELOPMENT it was modified not evolved. Creature vs. Evoluter
View Quote
that's only if you know what you're doing.

This will have unintended consequences.

Engineered evolution is still evolution.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Scientists playing god. What could go wrong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#32]
When it begins to happen only the elite will be able to afford it, creating a near omnipotent overlord class with impossible barriers of entry.  We will all become serfs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Scientists playing god. What could go wrong.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Purely from a fear of the unknown standpoint I would rather the work focus on fixing the already born. If we can fix disease and aging in the existing population I wonder how well it would translate to the next? Are the mods heritable, or will each generation have to be "hacked" to keep it going? What happens with heritable traits that end up worse with the passing on? Two "fixed" kids grow up get married and reproduce what horrors might express themselves? What wonders?

I used to think the ethics of this was dumb when all I wanted was cures for disease, now I realize that we are going to have to have serious discussions and uncomfortable thinking about this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm already here, motherfuckers.
View Quote
Someone always beats me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#36]
This will eliminate liberalism forever. I'm for it
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
They'll churn out a bunch of mentally-retarded children, kill them and cover it up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#38]
They need to start working on engineering big tits and daddy issues so when I'm old, retired and divorced I have plenty of options.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When it begins to happen only the elite will be able to afford it, creating a near omnipotent overlord class with impossible barriers of entry.  We will all become serfs.
View Quote
I've made the argument that it will create a defacto caste system.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This will eliminate liberalism forever. I'm for it
View Quote
On the contrary I suspect. Us organic humans will need to be dealt with in some fashion being unable to compete with the genetically "perfect". There are two ways to do that one of which ends in ovens. The other likely outcome is a universal basic income and housing projects for all. It will create a massive welfare state for a generation or two.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
My parents already did it, these dudes are 40 sum ot years late to the game.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My parents already did it, these dudes are 40 sum ot years late to the game.
View Quote
Username^

In all seriousness, I'm glad I won't live to see it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]
...and they shall know no fear!

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Lawsuits will kill this when they induce a deformity or cancer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Human genetic engineering is probably already happening.

The perfect human?--No.

The hurdles to clear toward creating changing a human into something everyone would call perfect number as many as the hurdles to be cleared toward creating a religion everyone would believe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Do you suppose the Chi-coms have any such hand wringing over genetic engineering?  It's coming, and we better get on board or

they are going to make us a has been.  I would guess that in 30 to 50 years it will be fairly easy to use gene editing to not only wipe

out genetic disease, but make kids with a higher IQ, and better physical performance, and on a widespread basis.
View Quote
Oh no the scary Chinese are coming so we had better be worse then they are....
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I can see the day when the youthful genetic "modifieds" who see themselves as superior look down their noses at the elderly Millennial "normals"

I'll be laughing from my grave
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#49]
It will start out slowly, but we will be doing it.

I would be surprised if some nation states were not already doing it to a degree.  You fix or change one thing and you have a genetically modified human being.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#50]
They will just end up creating perfected sociopath A-holes not seen since the Nazi's.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top