BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only paid $14 for my Roger Waters ticket.

in 1985
View Quote
Me too. Reunion arena Dallas.  Before I knew better. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have saved your money and waited for Chris Cornell to come around.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jew hater.
View Quote
What exactly did he do?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will I be impressed?  Seeing them in Nashville with some friends and family.

I've seen the Eagles twice, REO twice, Chicago, and Foo Fighters live.  Can Roger blow them away? Wonder why David Gilmour wont play...? 

Edit: 6 tixs at $170/piece + extra fees
View Quote

Dave and Roger may be able to be civil to one another in person, however, they still do not like one another at all. There is a reason why the other 3 members continued on without Roger....he is a insufferable jack ass. Talented songwriter and lyricist, but a jack ass none the less.

Plus, beyond playing some of the songs at his solo gigs, from what I read, Dave feels he does not need to go there again. That era is over and he has moved on.

ETA:while not up to the PF standards of the 70s, the two studio albums post Waters are not all that bad. Not as goid, but still enjoyable.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that the show he's putting on in Tel Aviv?

That's going to be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha, you got the cheap seats... and yes, he will blow them all away... btw Gilmore is better in every way.

V
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Lolololol

Sucker

Geebus
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
OP save a ton of money and go see Australian pink fold if they are anywhere near you. I've seen them twice and both times the show has been awesome. Going again in july this year. Great stage show, sound is just like pink Floyd, and the tickets will be about 1/8 the price. Just so you know, 8 tickets inside at SPAC including Ticketmaster's fees was less than $250
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dave and Roger may be able to be civil to one another in person, however, they still do not like one another at all. There is a reason why the other 3 members continued on without Roger....he is a insufferable jack ass. Talented songwriter and lyricist, but a jack ass none the less.

Plus, beyond playing some of the songs at his solo gigs, from what I read, Dave feels he does not need to go there again. That era is over and he has moved on.

ETA:while not up to the PF standards of the 70s, the two studio albums post Waters are not all that bad. Not as goid, but still enjoyable.
View Quote
Post waters Floyd is vapid bullshit. Without Ezrin there probably wouldn't be any post waters Floyd as Gilmore didn't actually do much writing, hell his wife wrote more than he did. Their record label rejected A momentary lapse and made them rewrite it because it was so bad.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Sucker.

You should have purchased tickets for The Australian Pink Floyd Show.

https://vimeo.com/183801551
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 8th row Emerald Pkg tix for Columbus OH, OP.  

Yep, Im prepared for the anti-Trump on-stage assault.  And ya he's a dick.   Don't care.  Im a Floyd fan from the early stuff all the way to both Gilmour and Waters' solo stuff.  I can't just turn off 40 years of music preferences.  And this may be his last major tour.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rick Wright got kicked out because he was so strung out on coke that he couldn't even play anymore. His coke habit was the reason they went to two drummers.
View Quote
That's a God Damn fucking funny looking drum set.  
You win a perfect for that post.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't he an anti Semite?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've seen the Eagles twice, REO twice, Chicago, and Foo Fighters live.  Can Roger blow them away? Wonder why David Gilmour wont play...? 

View Quote

OK.....first of all I've seen him two times in the past. Once in 87 for the Radio KAOS tour and it was awesome with no politics injected. Saw him again when GW was prez and the politics were almost too much but the music was good. Now............no fucking way. Instead of Waters singing the line, "We don't need no education" it should be "You'll receive indoctrination". The anti-Trump shit will be too much unless your a flaming liberal.

PS
You should have took that money and got front row at some venue to see TOOL.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#16]
And I am not a big fan of Roger....I did see Floyd twice during the Division Bell tour, in Syracuse, and Toronto...

MOST AWESOME SHOE EVUH!!!!!

Will not cannot be beat, unless you had a time machine to see Floyd when they during The Wall tour....

But it was absolutely phenomenal....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw him a few years ago. Great seats, tenth row center. Would have walked out but I was someone's guest.

The new 'Wall' animation was full of shit about US troops murdering innocent Iraqis.  During the intermission it's a slideshow of pictures of soldiers; US, English, Nazi Waffen SS, Iranian Revolutionary Guard, all mixed in because we're all the same to him.

Musically it was fine. He assembled a crew of first-rate musicians, like that guitar player from SNL.

Roger Waters is a cunt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't spend that kind of money, but a friend of mine bought a pair of $700 a piece VIP tickets for the 2010 The Wall show in Atlanta. The day before the show his wife got sick and couldn't go so he gave her ticket to me.

Another Brick in the Wall part 2 was our unofficial 1980 high school class song. I enjoyed the probably once in a lifetime for me VIP access including good food and an open bar. The show was great, and I'm glad I went.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Just buy Dark side of the Mule and be done.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was 14 I worked at a movie theatre that played 'THE WALL' every weekend at midnight. One night I was up in the projection booth watching through the little window.

The movie was spooling from one reel to another about a foot off the ground, and you had to step over it to get to the projection window. Terrible design.

I went to leave and tripped over the motherfucker. It started spilling all over the floor and I bolted.

Next day I show up and a coworker tell me, "The Wall came off the reel last night and came all the way down the stairs!"

Everyone thought it was just a fluke, so I stayed out of trouble, but I did get fired a month later for some other retarded shit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just buy Dark side of the Mule and be done.
View Quote
Gov't Mule radio is my only station on Pandora.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Pink Floyd:  8th grade stoner music.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's a God Damn fucking funny looking drum set.  
You win a perfect for that post.  

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Rickwright.jpg
View Quote
Yep I fucked up and misspoke, my bad. The point still stands, the guy couldn't even show up to record the notes that Roger wrote for him, Ezrin had to do most of it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry OP
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Puhleeze....probably a big Justin Timberlake fan??

Pink Floyd, IMHO, is the greatest band ever....if you listen to their music from the early days with Syd Barret, and follow the progression to The Division Bell, its astonishing the breadth of music they put out, always pushing boundaries.

Led Zeppelin are a close second, but the sheer variety of music the Floyd put out eclipses (no pun intended) Zeppelin, in my book.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sorry OP, but Roger Waters ain't shit without Gilmour, Wright and Mason. He even realized this, after finding himself playing to 500 people, while across the street Pink Floyd was playing to 50,000...
View Quote
You forgot the best part, they were playing Water's music, lol.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Rick Wright got kicked out because he was so strung out on coke that he couldn't even play anymore. His coke habit was the reason they went to two drummers.

Pink Floyd isn't Pink Floyd without Roger Waters. While David is a great guitar player has has just about zero ability to compose.
View Quote
WTF are you talking about, Nick Mason is the Floyd drummer, and as far as I know never got kicked out....

Wright was keyboards, and he never got kicked out....

Now you may have a slight point about the band not being the same without Waters, but they were still better than Waters solo. Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell were both great albums....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#28]
By Grapthar's Hammer......What a savings. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#29]
A fool and his money etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

WTF are you talking about, Nick Mason is the Floyd drummer, and as far as I know never got kicked out....

Wright was keyboards, and he never got kicked out....

Now you may have a slight point about the band not being the same without Waters, but they were still better than Waters solo. Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell were both great albums....
View Quote
What are you talking about? Wright most certainly did get kicked out for his coke habit, never contributing anything, and finally not showing up to record.

Momentary lapse and tdb were terrible. Momentary was so bad the record label told them to rewrite it and had to bring people in to help, a first floyd Floyd so you really can't even call it Floyd. Hell, David Gilmores wife did a better job writing for Floyd than David did.

Eric Clapton did a better job playing Floyd on the guitar than Gilmore himself.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I saw him a few years ago when he did "The Wall".

He bitched and cried about Bush (even though Zero was president), cops killing people, made some vaguely anti Israel comments, etc.

Dudes a douche. I decided to pass seeing him this tour. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks OP...just got tickets to see him at Tacoma Dome.

I do love Pink Floyd....
View Quote
Get ready to be lectured by him and forced to listen to his bullshit between every song.

Never again, not another penny.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Search the web for the MP3 of  The wall recorded in Boston a few years ago.  It was recorded off the mixing board.  Sounds amazing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Roger never could sing.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I saw him a few years ago. Great seats, tenth row center. Would have walked out but I was someone's guest.

The new 'Wall' animation was full of shit about US troops murdering innocent Iraqis.  During the intermission it's a slideshow of pictures of soldiers; US, English, Nazi Waffen SS, Iranian Revolutionary Guard, all mixed in because we're all the same to him.

Musically it was fine. He assembled a crew of first-rate musicians, like that guitar player from SNL.

Roger Waters is a cunt.
View Quote
This.

I also got to listen to all his anti police crying too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What are you talking about? Wright most certainly did get kicked out for his coke habit, never contributing anything, and finally not showing up to record.

Momentary lapse and tdb were terrible. Momentary was so bad the record label told them to rewrite it and had to bring people in to help, a first floyd Floyd so you really can't even call it Floyd. Hell, David Gilmores wife did a better job writing for Floyd than David did.

Eric Clapton did a better job playing Floyd on the guitar than Gilmore himself.
View Quote
Uh, are you talking about Syd Barret? And Syd had a hallucinegenics issue, not coke...

About Wright...."Wright died of an undisclosed form of cancer on 15 September 2008, aged 65.[236] His former bandmates paid tributes to his life and work; Gilmour said "In the welter of arguments about who or what was Pink Floyd, Rick's enormous input was frequently forgotten. He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognised Pink Floyd sound."[237] A week after Wright's death, Gilmour performed "Remember a Day" from A Saucerful of Secrets, written and originally sung by Wright, in tribute to him.[238] Keyboardist Keith Emerson released a statement praising Wright as the "backbone" of Pink Floyd.[239]"

He technically left the badn for a while after The Wall, mainly because him and Waters were not getting along, but he wasn't kicked out...and he didn't appear on The Final Cut, but he was back for Momentary, after Waters left...

As for the rest of your nonsense, its not even worth answering.,
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I heard Roger Waters played Anti-Trump videos on big screens on stage while touring during the last presidential campaign.

Enjoy the concert.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Uh, are you talking about Syd Barret? And Syd had a hallucinegenics issue, not coke...

About Wright...."Wright died of an undisclosed form of cancer on 15 September 2008, aged 65.[236] His former bandmates paid tributes to his life and work; Gilmour said "In the welter of arguments about who or what was Pink Floyd, Rick's enormous input was frequently forgotten. He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognised Pink Floyd sound."[237] A week after Wright's death, Gilmour performed "Remember a Day" from A Saucerful of Secrets, written and originally sung by Wright, in tribute to him.[238] Keyboardist Keith Emerson released a statement praising Wright as the "backbone" of Pink Floyd.[239]"

He technically left the badn for a while after The Wall, mainly because him and Waters were not getting along, but he wasn't kicked out...and he didn't appear on The Final Cut, but he was back for Momentary, after Waters left...

As for the rest of your nonsense, its not even worth answering.,
View Quote
No, Roger told him to leave so he left. It's semantics. Every thing is said is true, whether you like it or not is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What exactly did he do?
View Quote
He is a huge BDS supporter, and won't shut the fuck up about it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A fool and his money etc.
View Quote
A top rate musical performance is worth spending some money on, especially if it's your one opportunity.

I'd pay that much right now to see Tom Waits. In a few months the wife an I are taking vacation to see Nick Cave.

It's not everyone's priority. Some people juggle geese, w;stte.

Waters is still a cunt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Pink Floyd, IMHO, is the greatest band ever....if you listen to their music from the early days with Syd Barret, and follow the progression to The Division Bell, its astonishing the breadth of music they put out, always pushing boundaries.

Led Zeppelin are a close second, but the sheer variety of music the Floyd put out eclipses (no pun intended) Zeppelin, in my book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More of a punk guy actually.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#42]
A lot of my friends are taking their wives and g/f's to see Bruno Mars, they are paying $350-500 a ticket vs my $170 a ticket for Waters.  I think Bruno is a very talented guy, modern day Michael Jackson imo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

More of a punk guy actually.
View Quote
Fair enough, but let me ask you this...what punk band has been around for 50 years, and sustains the popularity that Pink Floyd does?

Like it or not, The Floyd has been one of the most seminal bands in history...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I went to the wall tour in vegas. Great show
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry OP, but Roger Waters ain't shit without Gilmour, Wright and Mason. He even realized this, after finding himself playing to 500 people, while across the street Pink Floyd was playing to 50,000...

I'm a huge fan of the music after Waters left as well, along with the individual efforts of Gilmour and Wright.

So I'm laughing knowing I like them best, without the ball and chain they had to deal with for years.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Op if it's the wall it's an amazing concert.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Last time I saw him was in Berlin at the Wall concert there in 1990. Was quite a show. I think.

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Went to one of his shows about 15 years ago for free and walked out 30 min in. It sucked so bad!

Fuck him!!!
View Quote
Funny, that describes my Roger Waters concert experience to a T.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Gilmour Floyd > Waters Floyd
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top