F
P
N
I
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Never understood that, sportsters can be fun as hell.  Every H-D guy has to have his fucking 133 SS or he is not a real man...  whatever.
View Quote
I have a XL883N, and wear a full face...

But I also drilled the baffles in the stock tubes. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

False comparison.

I don't shoot and make noise wherever the fuck I want.

I am either at a gun range or private property, not doing drive bys throughout the country side at whatever fucking time I feel like shooting.
View Quote
Nailed it.

Those making comparisons of shooting loud guns to loud exhausts on bikes, cars, trucks, etc. are showing the intellectual capacity of a 4 year old in developing their argument.

Look, as I said earlier, I don't have an issue with the exhausts when the riders or drivers aren't obnoxious.

Driving down the road as a safety device or to just enjoy the sound of an engine?  No problem.

Revving the absolute shit out of it on a residential or small city street with people walking or dining?  You're an attention-whore jackass.  Have some respect for others around you.  The damn things ARE loud.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Lacking big dicks, they have to show off somehow.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Those making comparisons of shooting loud guns to loud exhausts on bikes, cars, trucks, etc. are showing the intellectual capacity of a 4 year old in developing their argument.

Look, as I said earlier, I don't have an issue with the exhausts when the riders or drivers aren't obnoxious.

Driving down the road as a safety device or to just enjoy the sound of an engine?  No problem.

Revving the absolute shit out of it on a residential or small city street with people walking or dining?  You're an attention-whore jackass.  Have some respect for others around you.  The damn things ARE loud.
View Quote
They don't really care what whiners do or don't give a shit about.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
As I stated earlier I am not a fan.

That being said, a Suzuki M109 sounds like pure sex to me.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
HA.
I live in Harley central. The cops are instructed to leave the loud V Twins alone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Personally,, I love the sound of a well tuned motor. Any well tuned motor as a matter of fact. OP might need to hand over his man card, if he has one.
View Quote
well tuned and harley are mutually exclusive
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Last time I tried to show off my big dick in public I got arrested.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lemee guess, you were charged with assault with a dead weapon...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Like your inferiority complex that requires you to judge others that you don't even know, based on their appearance or what they ride, so you can convince yourself that somehow you're better than them.? Got it.
View Quote
Your user name is fitting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Growing up in a shitty neighborhood, I constantly heard vehicles with rusted out exhausts.

I don't understand how an open exhaust on a motorcycle sounds good to anyone, it just sounds like hundreds of pounds of poverty rolling down the road.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally,, I love the sound of a well tuned motor. Any well tuned motor as a matter of fact. OP might need to hand over his man card, if he has one.
They aren't if you know the right people and I know the right people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
If you wouldn't go 5 under the speed limit, I wouldn't buzz past you as close as possible to rattle your jimmies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Growing up in a shitty neighborhood, I constantly heard vehicles with rusted out exhausts.

I don't understand how an open exhaust on a motorcycle sounds good to anyone, it just sounds like hundreds of pounds of poverty rolling down the road.
View Quote
Ok, that made me laugh.  I'm stealing that one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm sorry about your pain.

Are there any other things that cause you pain?
View Quote
Yeah, how about the MAJOR assholes that have 1000-watt amps in their shit rides with that ghetto puke music turned up so goddamned loud that I CAN hear them with my windows up and my radio on, even from a whole fucking block away!! That shit is SO goddamned loud even their windows are rattling!!  Wish I had a magic gun that would zap their sound system and fry that fucker down to the melted wires!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud pipes but claiming it's damaging your hearing is ridiculous.  That's on the same level as people who claim that people shooting is damaging their hearing or giving the ptsd.

The earplugs are usually for wind noise, not the exhaust.
View Quote
OMG, he actually believes this!!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#20]
A properly timed and tuned sbc or sbf through Flowmaster mufflers is the next best sound to that of a female orgasm....not even remotely comparable to the wretched sound of a shit box Harley with no mufflers being intentionally revved to draw attention to its toothless owner.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#21]
MY PIPES ARE LOUD AS FUCK!

DON'T LIKE IT? OH THE FUCK WELL DIPSHIT

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK! GET IT?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/15Wideglide_zpsindvazu8.jpg
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/LEN_4150r_zpsf5bff8a0.jpg
View Quote

You just roll how you roll.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll take obnoxiously bright lights over loud pipes. These bad boys are 15,000 lumen and I run them day and night. People see me coming from a mile away and avoid me like I'm wearing a backpack full of bubonic plague.  

To be clear for our low IQ members (bless their heart). The lights are programmed to run 30% day, 10% night on low beam. 100% day, 60% night on high beam. At night at 100%, any white reflective sign is so bright, not only am I blinded, I can't see the letters/numbers.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkqCmVXXbk4

You just roll how you roll.
View Quote
MUST I REPEAT MR CARTOON MAN? I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

False comparison.

I don't shoot and make noise wherever the fuck I want.

I am either at a gun range or private property, not doing drive bys throughout the country side at whatever fucking time I feel like shooting.
View Quote
I'm sure it has, or could disturb someone.  If people don't like gunfire they shouldn't move next to a gun range, if the sound of internal combustion engines bothers you don't go on the road.  Or get a better car, or better house.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

MUST I REPEAT MR CARTOON MAN? I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK!
View Quote
Stop staring at my junk. REEEH!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/15Wideglide_zpsindvazu8.jpg
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/LEN_4150r_zpsf5bff8a0.jpg
View Quote
Nice Honda
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm sure it has, or could disturb someone.  If people don't like gunfire they shouldn't move next to a gun range, if the sound of internal combustion engines bothers you don't go on the road.  Or get a better car, or better house.
View Quote
Do you realize how fucking idiotic of a point that is?

A better car or a better house?

Stay off of the roads?

Man that's seriously stupid shit right there...

How about your rights end when they interfere with the rights of others. How bow dat?

Is it my right to follow you around while screaming into your fucking ear?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They don't really care what whiners do or don't give a shit about.
View Quote
As usual it's the "stop liking what I don't like" opinion filling the thread with tears.  Supposed "freedom lovers" embracing noise monitors and fines for sound.  

Oh no I had to hear a loud bike/car/music for 20 seconds, gov't nanny me!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nice Honda
View Quote
Funny you noticed that. My generator from my cabinet installs I did years ago on the side. Anyone looking for a Honda generator?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yea, loud pipes blow and OP has Feelz.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/167780/IMG-2110-173702.JPG
View Quote

Just started putting it back together.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hate very loud pipes...but I hate laws more.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Stay off of the roads?

How about your rights end when they interfere with the rights of others. How bow dat?

View Quote
You know you sound like an anti-gunner and use the same logic right?  Closely related to any hikers that bitch about hearing rifles in the woods during deer season?  If a car is in your living room and has an exhaust blasting in your ear, then you have a valid point, and you're full of shit since you want to talk about rights while at the same time suggest there should be a limit as to how loud a car is.  You know just as fucking retarded as "mag limits".
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just want them to admit the real purpose is because they think they're cool and it makes them feel warm and fuzzy to turn gasoline into noise. Just be honest about it. Same reason you NEVER see a Harley rider wearing a helmet let alone full face one that protects their entire head. It clashes with the image and isn't as cool.
View Quote
That's about the most ignorant rant I've heard yet on ARFCOM. It's the same sterotyping antigun libtard mentality that says anyone owning an AR (aka Assault Rifle), especially anyone frequenting an online forum on guns, must be a terrorist...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I can't stand when bikers rev up just to be loud as possible.
I like a throaty low deep sound on a bike, but when it very loud I just get annoyed.
Harleys are cool, but obnoxiously loud exhaust is lame.
Those guys either just bought the bike and is showing off, or just has low self esteem.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was taught a long time ago that my right to swing my fist ends where someone else's nose begins. So how is it some attention-whoring fag* gets to have those obnoxiously loud pipes on their motorcycles when it hurts my ears? I get all the talk about "muh rights" and "sound of liberty" and whatnot, but when it's actually causing me pain, why do they get a pass?

It's because of thoughtless assholes that go out of their way to be complete and total cunts that we end up with people saying "somebody needs to do something" which invariably leads to more laws. You can enjoy your mid-life crisis-mobile without causing me hearing loss.

*n. 1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders. 2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.
View Quote

I like you so much let me count the ways:

1. Your avatar of Al Bundy in the most comfortable position to sit.

2. Your topic. The loud pipes hurt my ears as well.  It's a showing of being obnoxious. They weren't loved by their dads and mommy' boyfriends would beat them up.

3. Your definition of fag is the correct definition.  I believe South Park had an episode about fags.

You are based MAGA
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:10:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, trick out your leaf blower if you want.  I dont ride but used to have a biker gang a few houses down the street, so i know what loud pipes at 4 am sounds like.  Doesnt bother me.  I think thats what it should sound like.  Same with muscle cars.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:25:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's about the most ignorant rant I've heard yet on ARFCOM. It's the same sterotyping antigun libtard mentality that says anyone owning an AR (aka Assault Rifle), especially anyone frequenting an online forum on guns, must be a terrorist...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440344/IMG-0101-174012.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440344/IMG-5445-174017.JPG
View Quote
You're an exception. I've honestly NEVER seen a Harley rider with one on here. Anyway it wasn't a rant. I don't really care, I'm just calling it like it is. They claim loud pipes are for safety and then don't wear a helmet. Does not compute other than both of those issues are about projecting an image to look cool and load up on warm fuzzy feelings. The funny thing is one is a very real and tangible way to improve your safety when riding and can very easily be shown how it is likely to save your life. The other has no quantifiable measure of added safety.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I like you so much let me count the ways:

1. Your avatar of Al Bundy in the most comfortable position to sit.

2. Your topic. The loud pipes hurt my ears as well. It's a showing of being obnoxious. They weren't loved by their dads and mommy' boyfriends would beat them up.

3. Your definition of fag is the correct definition.  I believe South Park had an episode about fags.

You are based MAGA
View Quote
Or maybe my car has no room for a muffler after shoving in two turbos, hence resonator only and I'm not going to be stuck with a naturally aspirated car just cause your ears are made from the weakest of labia.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like your inferiority complex that requires you to judge others that you don't even know, based on their appearance or what they ride, so you can convince yourself that somehow you're better than them.? Got it.
Interesting that out of all the posts in this thread YOUR inferiority complex forces you to reply to my post, not the topic of the thread.

I'm flattered. I didn't know you cared.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Two years ago I was able to save 87 lives with my pipes riding to Sturgis.  It was such a feat that I was required to document it.

So, there you have it.  You having PTSD is worth 87 lives.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Out on the highway I really don't care so much 'cause there's plenty of noise around. Although I'll be honest, when these asshats do the whip-around pass at speed limit +20+ and pipes roaring, just know I'm doing all I can to keep from jerking the wheel and running their shit into a ditch. Just the rebel in me, I guess.

Back in the neighborhood, if I can hear your vehicle or music inside my house with the windows closed, I think it's BS. And yeah, get off my lawn.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You're an exception. I've honestly NEVER seen a Harley rider with one on here. Anyway it wasn't a rant. I don't really care, I'm just calling it like it is. They claim loud pipes are for safety and then don't wear a helmet. Does not compute other than both of those issues are about projecting an image to look cool and load up on warm fuzzy feelings. The funny thing is one is a very real and tangible way to improve your safety when riding and can very easily be shown how it is likely to save your life. The other has no quantifiable measure of added safety.
View Quote
Actually, as he just established, you're calling it like it isn't.   I'm sorry my bike triggers you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Stay off of the roads?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay off of the roads?

You want to come and tell my 2 neighbors who complain about me shooting in my backyard that they have no right to complain? They'll use the same excuse you just did (in bold above). FWIW I wait until after noon to do any shooting, and typically we only shoot for about an hour. The best part? They'll say something to me about shooting and it wasn't even me. There are no less than six other people in the vicinity shooting on any weekend, and sometimes on weeknights.

Different people have different interpretations of what they think they're "rights" are.

I live about 3 miles from the freeway. I can hear loud Harleys, ricers, cars, trucks, and jake brakes all day long, not to mention at night. I guess I should have them re-route the freeway.

JFC, a loud vehicle driving by lasts a matter of seconds. Get the fuck over it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Out on the highway I really don't care so much 'cause there's plenty of noise around. Although I'll be honest, when these asshats do the whip-around pass at speed limit +20+ and pipes roaring, just know I'm doing all I can to keep from jerking the wheel and running their shit into a ditch. Just the rebel asshole in me, I guess.

Back in the neighborhood, if I can hear your vehicle or music inside my house with the windows closed, I think it's BS. And yeah, get off my lawn.
View Quote
FIFY

Bolded part is completely different than driving down a public highway, and I agree 100%

LOL @ join date/post count and you have to chime in on this thread.

If they stayed behind your grampa driving ass you'd bitch about that and talk about brake checking them.

Fairfield Inn - No Passing Zone commercial
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#48]
... lot's of whiny-ass cagers in this thread
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh no, my feels, my feels. Yep, your right, all that really matters is join date and post count. You win, you're the big man, you're the best, you're a hero, I'm nothing next to you. Still think you load-pipers are assholes so go for a fast ride and STFU junior, 'cause you and your opinion don't mean shit to me
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#50]
I've made critical comments on Arfcom about loud pipes, and my position is still valid today.

I don't have a problem with loud pipes on the roads.  It's a road. People drive on it.
That said, when you get into residential neighborhoods, a DECENT person with a loud vehicle either A.) avoids the neighborhood or B.) makes efforts to keep the noise output low as possible.  They certainly don't "joyride" through those neighborhoods.

Being in a rural area, I really didn't worry much about this until a Memorial Day Biker rally started a few years ago nearby.

Since then, it is nothing to have bikers revving their engines LONG past sunset as they joyride through the community.

You cannot make the analogy of shooting firearms.  Rarely, if ever, does someone bring their firearms into your community and fire them.  If they do, it is either private property (talk to your neighbor) or a range (where there is existing laws to address.)

I realize my experience with the rally isn't the same as incidental contact on the road.  It is more of a study in where loud pipes mean you are a piece of shit.

Keep it on the road, and I don't care.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top