Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
We are all terrible people. You should teach us a lesson by kicking Texas out of the union.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Now I want some chicken fried steak, mashed taters, fried okra and Texas toast for lunch later today.

Fireman's 4 and sweet tea, maybe some pecan pie for dessert.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Your correct. It comes from having their heads up their asses and using loctite to keep it there. There are some wonderful people there but the state tends to breed more jerks than most states. Maybe it the wearing of cowgirl boots that causes it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are all terrible people. You should teach us a lesson by kicking Texas out of the union.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in my 30s before I had any real business dealings with a Yankee.  He was overbearing and it was "fuck" this and "fuck" that during polite conversation in front of women.  I was raised a polite RC Texas boy and my eyes got big and I kept looking at my boss in a surprised way.

Boss pulled the Yankee aside and told him that we do not talk like that unless war has been declared and if he did not clean up his language he could take his money elsewhere.

Yankee was stunned.  Said that's the way they talked Back East.  Boss was unmoved.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't imagine living anywhere else.  There are absolutely things about other states that I like----climate, scenery, landscape, historical buildings----but there's no other place I've ever been that feels like Texas.  It goes way deeper than just a place we live.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Says the guy that hasn't listed the state he's from..
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They have little baby dicks, and they're angry about it.
View Quote
Bitches love it
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, well......bless your heart.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I personally have been treated like shit by landowners and county officials while working Oil and Gas in PA. Pretty easy to tell we weren't from around there, things like accents, TX license plates and my old Oilers hat gave me away.

There is no other reason an intelligent Texan would head to PA than oil or a woman.

Weather sucks, roads suck, rude and obnoxious assholes are everywhere. Though you start dangling thousands of dollars in front of them then you aren't so bad.

I spent time in all parts of the state, Pittsburgh all the way down to the SW border and I've never met a more angry, bigoted group of liars and thieves than there.  I've worked East Texas, South Texas, NW LA, Central & South OK, North CO, Eastern Wyoming, ND, PA, WV and Eastern Ohio. The worst was PA.

Just over the border in Eastern Ohio the people were extremely friendly and helpful.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They have 30.06. They espouse to love guns but have 30.06. Much freedom. So 2nd Amendment.
View Quote
Can you CCW into a tavern in GA?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I deal with a lot of customers and vendors in Texas and they are, 9 times out of 10, self centered, arrogant, douche bags. Come to think of it, the most arrogant people I've ever met in my life were Texans.

I'd blame it on the industry but I've seen too folks from Texas on here acting the same way.

Am I wrong?
View Quote
I see you haven't met many Europeans or Bostonians. They make Texans look downright humble.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only a Texan would tell a  bunch of hardcore ultra-right wing republican gun collectors to stay out of their state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread isn't worth my time to read five pages so forgive me if this has been covered:

We're turning blue any minute now.
Our gun laws suck.
It's hot.
We're full, please stay in your shitty wonderful state.
Only a Texan would tell a  bunch of hardcore ultra-right wing republican gun collectors to stay out of their state.
You see, that's the problem. It's a matter of perspective.   You THINK you are a hardcore ultra-right wing etc, etc and in PA you might be.

You certainly are not  one here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just looked where? Post a link to that.

Of course you can't. You're full of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.  Just looked. Only 40% of texas is made up of Mexicans.  That's so much better

Even if he was right, Mexicans are a hell of an improvement over shitbirds from the north, I'd choose Mexicans any day of the week.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Even if he was right, Mexicans are a hell of an improvement over shitbirds from the north, I'd choose Mexicans any day of the week.
View Quote
I don't think that was very nice!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#17]
yeppers correct

i have met 1-2 who were ass holes

99.99%  are fine folk

born raised  will die in TEXAS

the number if yankee's i met that are ass hats is in the mega millions

no income tax in TEXAS

soooooo i just make money in the north and send in back to GOD'S  country/TEXAS   TAX FREE

1texan
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#18]
LOL OP's username and this post.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I never realized how many Texan members we had here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If Texas is so great why do they all move and or vacation here? I had to drive from Denver to Breckenridge and back for work today. They suck
View Quote
I keep hearing  you say this but I'm not seeing any proof. Who the hell goes to Colorado for vacation?  Esp Denver?   Are they visiting that big strip mine you guys have?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was in my 30s before I had any real business dealings with a Yankee.  He was overbearing and it was "fuck" this and "fuck" that during polite conversation in front of women.  I was raised a polite RC Texas boy and my eyes got big and I kept looking at my boss in a surprised way.

Boss pulled the Yankee aside and told him that we do not talk like that unless war has been declared and if he did not clean up his language he could take his money elsewhere.

Yankee was stunned.  Said that's the way they talked Back East.  Boss was unmoved.
View Quote
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.  
View Quote
Me also........FUCK those guys!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Texas is a horrible, jacked up place. That's the reason all these people act like the OP talks about, the place is so bad it makes them miserable. My advice is that every one thinking of moving to Texas avoid the place like the plague, especially the people from the north east an California.
View Quote
Well, best pepper your angus, 'cause me, my guns and my smoker are going to find a way to get there.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Even the Texans in Austin are still nice, it's just that the vast majority of Austinites are not Texans by birth or any other extension of the word.

My sister still lives there and says that being a native Austinite in Austin these days is as rare as finding a Las Vegas native in Las Vegas.
View Quote
Only one is ten Austinites is native Texan.  Used to be one in seven.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I never realized how many Texan members we had here.
View Quote
It is one of the contributing factors that has led to the decline in GD.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It is one of the contributing factors that has led to the decline in GD.
View Quote

Off topic but, although your state is BIG land wise and mine is fairly large land wise.........have you ever been to Texas?

That state is fucking HUGE!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This thread is going almost exactly how I imagined. A bunch of Texans chiming in attacking me but not really denying my observations. A bunch of people from the rest of the country agreeing with me.
View Quote
You haven't made any observations. You have posted an opinion. Your public education should have shown you the difference.

For example,
My observation is, OP has started a thread based on an unsupported opinion.

My opinion is, PA is a shithole of a state better left to the rats that infest it's cities.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You haven't made any observations. You have posted an opinion. Your public education should have shown you the difference.

For example,
My observation is, OP has started a thread based on an unsupported opinion.

My opinion is, PA is a shithole of a state better left to the rats that infest it's cities.
View Quote
I see you really have travelled to PA.

But Ohio is where you really need to go to really know poopie states.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I deal with a lot of customers and vendors in Texas and they are, 9 times out of 10, self centered, arrogant, douche bags. Come to think of it, the most arrogant people I've ever met in my life were Texans.

I'd blame it on the industry but I've seen too folks from Texas on here acting the same way.

Am I wrong?
View Quote

Do you work in the fleshlight call center?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They have 30.06. They espouse to love guns but have 30.06. Much freedom. So 2nd Amendment.
View Quote
Nobody follows this shit
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I lived there once............just once
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I have only ever had great experiences dealing with the good folks from Texas. You must be doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not for me. If I end up going somewhere I've never been before with the wife to meet friends or whatever and they've posted a 30.06, I just walk right in. Concealed is concealed. I'm not going to make a big announcement to everyone that I can't go in because I'm carrying. I may never go there again, but I'm not turning around and putting my piece in the car either. Fuck their sign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Private property rights are a bitch aren't they?
Not for me. If I end up going somewhere I've never been before with the wife to meet friends or whatever and they've posted a 30.06, I just walk right in. Concealed is concealed. I'm not going to make a big announcement to everyone that I can't go in because I'm carrying. I may never go there again, but I'm not turning around and putting my piece in the car either. Fuck their sign.
Wow, you sound arrogant.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Just sayin' OP.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Am I wrong?
View Quote

A sprinkle of arrogance is an essential ingredient in saving one's state from cultural extinction. We might try that as a nation, too. What State are you from? For some reason, you don't list it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#38]
OP...........Stuntman Mike didn't like Texans either!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#39]
The best Barbeque,chili, Mexican Food and Kolaches in the country. 

Hot women, beautiful land, a booming economy.

Buc-ee's, Whataburger, Dr. Pepper.

Old Painless and Subnet.

85 mile an hour speed limits. 

Fuck yeah we're arrogant, we're fucking awesome!

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.  Just looked. Only 40% of texas is made up of Mexicans.  That's so much better

Have fun lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#41]
For the record, this did not start out as a "Texas chest thumping thread". It started out as a Texas attack thread. There are assholes from every state and good patriots, too. Decide what you want to be.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No one cares how you do it where you are from ]
View Quote
Yeah that's what we keep telling Texans that come here and tell us how great Texas is. Know what? The freeway goes south too and no one's gonna cry.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I am from Texas. We might be a little arrogant at times. I would just request all haters stay away. Please move back, to the state you came here from. Yankees go home. But for the most part all the Texans I deal with are good, hard working honest people. God bless Texas.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Ask them if they were born and raised in Texas.

In other news, real Texans are tired of yankee liberals and west coast commies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, best pepper your angus, 'cause me, my guns and my smoker are going to find a way to get there.

A.W.D.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas is a horrible, jacked up place. That's the reason all these people act like the OP talks about, the place is so bad it makes them miserable. My advice is that every one thinking of moving to Texas avoid the place like the plague, especially the people from the north east an California.

A.W.D.
As a member of Arfcom you get automatic entry probationer status. Depending on your smoker and your skill with it you will most likely be awarded permanent resident status.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I have had some business dealings with some Texas government folks. All good. Your polite to people and mostly they will be the same to you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Terrible place for wimps and know it alls.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

He said he works in the warranty/repair department.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As a member of Arfcom you get automatic entry probationer status. Depending on your smoker and your skill with it you will most likely be awarded permanent resident status.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.W.D.

We made her at work - reverse engineered from a Lang Patio model.

My (late) wife worked at an industrial boiler manufacturer.
We had her shop roll and weld the tank, while my shop fabbed and assembled the rest.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

A.W.D.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top