Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wrong move Mr President.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've called it earlier, that Trump has been sitting on his fat ass doing NOTHING to improve gun rights. He had plenty of executive orders he could have undone, right away. Nothing done.

We're in for 4 years of NOT A DAMN THING GETTING DONE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and after Trump spent all that time eliminating all of Obamas executive gun control orders.

Oh.

Wait.
I've called it earlier, that Trump has been sitting on his fat ass doing NOTHING to improve gun rights. He had plenty of executive orders he could have undone, right away. Nothing done.

We're in for 4 years of NOT A DAMN THING GETTING DONE.
You both sound one-dimensional.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If the Republicans don't do something they are F'ed big time. They have had the last few years to draft a replacement. Now they have both houses and the executive office. If they don't get something through they deserve to be tarred and feathered.

Personally i want to see obamacare repealed and nothing put in its place. Back to free market health care.

Sadly i think O-care will be this centuries social security.
View Quote
With the over regulation, free healthcare for the poor and illegals subsided by those actually paying we haven't actually had free market healthcare in a long time. The system was screwed long before Obamacare. I also don't believe the GOP wants to repeal or replace Obamacare. They are happy the way it is, and just putting on a show to appease their base. Why else would they vote to repeal numerous times when they had no power, and now suddenly its too difficult ? They don't really want it gone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
guess Trump is tired of winning. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the same the sky is falling attitude I read in GD all last year.   I can't believe people still underestimate Trump..  Read his book...Walk away from bad deals until you can come back with favorable terms.

Betting the self made billionaire is making the right decision is the safe bet.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Republicans have given no thought to what they would do if they could have their way. They have no plan. They are like the dog that caught the Big Brown Truck. Now, what?
View Quote
Or many too many of them don't really want it gone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe.  You're better letting it crash in a year or so and not owning it instead of doing it half ass because you can't get the votes and it being your bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong move Mr President.
Maybe.  You're better letting it crash in a year or so and not owning it instead of doing it half ass because you can't get the votes and it being your bill.
Maybe. The inevitable crash of Obamacare will still be blamed on the Republicans by the Democrats and their friends in the press for failing to pass the current Bill that would have 'fixed' it and prevented the collapse.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

that would be FABULIS.  I would fucking laugh till I bled.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wonder how long ACA would last if all those fuckers in the government were forced to use it......
View Quote
Wait a minute; I thought government employees already had Cadillac plans that exceeded all the minimums laid out by ACA? Now you are telling me we are being allowed to stay with crappy plans that don't meet ACA minimums?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It's like trump is doing every thing he can to fuck up at every turn
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Smart play by Trump. He is handing this train wreck to the establishment GOP and saying that they own this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Remember, the MSM controls how most of the population sees things.  The Republicans lose no matter what.  The bill passes and it sucks, Republicans fault.  It doesn't pass and Obamacare stays, it sucks and it's the Republicans fault for not fixing it.
View Quote
It is truly amazing how often 'conservatives' get themselves backed into these stupid corners, isn't it? 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe. The inevitable crash of Obamacare will still be blamed on the Republicans by the Democrats and their friends in the press for failing to pass the current Bill that would have 'fixed' it and prevented the collapse.
View Quote
At this point the damage is done, and I don't think its possible to avoid a mess and taking the blame ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Part of negotiation is not getting what you hoped for.

The GOPe will have to make concessions.

The tea party freedom caucus will hold their votes until the end.

The moderates will vote for what the leadership puts up.

The democrats are going to be hooting and hollering outside trying to get riots started.

Eventually it will get better and better.

If it passes, the senate will be pressured as the fight now rest on them.

It will not be pretty to get this bastard repealed and a replacement that actually matters passed. HOLD THE LINE PATRIOTS!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
UPDATE: 7:42 p.m.: President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-freedom-caucus-health-care-236418
View Quote
lol, oops
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is the same the sky is falling attitude I read in GD all last year.   I can't believe people still underestimate Trump..  Read his book...Walk away from bad deals until you can come back with favorable terms.

View Quote
I hope so, he has certainly been given a crappy hand to start with here. I truly hope he can pull it off.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
making deals in our government is nothing like making deals in the corporate world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's the art of the deal
making deals in our government is nothing like making deals in the corporate world.
Do tell. People are people and leverage is leverage.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
this -

ryan has never been supportive of Trump. this was a chance to see if ryan would play ball with Trump in getting legislation through, and instead, ryan still trotted out what he wanted, instead of something that would benefit and support Trump.

Trump can now push to get ryan kicked out as speaker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump plays 3D chess.

If Ryan can't pull this off, it gives Trump leverage to call for a new Speaker of the House. 

Ryan will knife Trump in the back as soon as it's convenient, so this will clear a future subversive out of the way.
this -

ryan has never been supportive of Trump. this was a chance to see if ryan would play ball with Trump in getting legislation through, and instead, ryan still trotted out what he wanted, instead of something that would benefit and support Trump.

Trump can now push to get ryan kicked out as speaker.
So this is all about politics now?  And all this time I thought it was to MAGA and get things done?   You guys touting this as a good tactical move are citing it for political reasons.  How about just doing what you said - repealing it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol if trump pushes single payer, holy fuck it's gonna be fun watching the hardline trump leg humpers fucking stroke out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it will be Trump who brings us single payer.

Mark my words.

It is what he wants and he will do it and his base will say ok (they will never disavow him) and he will pick up enough moderates to win popular and electoral votes in 2020.
lol if trump pushes single payer, holy fuck it's gonna be fun watching the hardline trump leg humpers fucking stroke out
They will just say "3D chess" and shit.

Then they will say it is what they wanted all along.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Trump is going against conservatives who elected him. Big mistake.
View Quote
Trump was never 'conservative', neither were his voters.

Trump just wants to pass a bill to do something and call it a promise fulfilled.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is the same the sky is falling attitude I read in GD all last year.
View Quote
LOL no shit.

This it for Trump! After a month in office it's all over! Muh rights and stuff! Whaaaaaaa!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You should have ran for president, would have been easy for you to have proven how much better you are and won..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true.  He promised to provide Universal Healthcare Coverage.  After all, he said it's one of the primary functions of the Federal a Government.

We should not be surprised that he supports this.
You should have ran for president, would have been easy for you to have proven how much better you are and won..
I stated a very simple and undeniable fact.

No need to be pissy about it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Listen, if we can't trust Trump and Ryan, who *can* we trust?

I'm sure they have this shit all figured out.
View Quote
Well, it's been glaringly obvious you can't trust your elected officials for eons. Trump was the last hope before reaching the cliff. Maybe he's just another douchebag, maybe not.

But the blame for this rests at the feet of congress and every lazy dipshit who didn't hold them accountable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It is truly amazing how often 'conservatives' get themselves backed into these stupid corners, isn't it? 
View Quote
Didn't you say a long time ago that you wouldn't pollute Trump threads with your Canadian retardation any more?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LOL no shit.

This it for Trump! After a month in office it's all over! Muh rights and stuff! Whaaaaaaa!
View Quote
That's not what anyone is saying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But the blame for this rests at the feet of congress and every lazy dipshit who didn't hold them accountable.
View Quote
^^^^
They had eight fucking years to come up with legislation for the next Republican President to sign and they don't have shit.

No tax reform
No new budget
No new health care laws/repeal

All of which they said was ready to go lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump is willing to sign Paul Ryan's shit deal
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Smart play by Trump. He is handing this train wreck to the establishment GOP and saying that they own this.
View Quote
That's pretty much it. The GOPe does own it. They are the politicians in bed with the Health industry lobby - not President Trump.

Ryan even looks flustered in these pictures the last couple weeks. As he should, he's the last RINO standing and holding that steaming turd of a healthcare plan that was the best the GOP establishment could put forward after 6 years on the sideline.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
^^^^
They had eight fucking years to come up with legislation for the next Republican President to sign and they don't have shit.

No tax reform
No new budget

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^^

No tax reform
No new budget

They have all that.

But the President insisted that his Healthcare  plan should come first.  Then taxes.

He also insisted on Universal Coverage.

This is what was promised.   This is what the delivery looks like.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
A rare occasion where I agree with you.  FGOP, they are a bunch of ass-clowns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure you did...how about this fact...Trump has zero control on what the congress wants to put up or vote on..he can make suggestions, that's it....but somehow in your mind he is 100% responsible still...My guess, Trump is doing what he has to in order to get a bill that does exactly what he promised voters it would do...you know...ART OF THE DEAL......
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Not so sure on this one, but he always seems to have a long game.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They will just say "3D chess" and shit.

Then they will say it is what they wanted all along.
View Quote
probably.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sure you did...how about this fact...Trump has zero control on what the congress wants to put up or vote on..he can make suggestions, that's it....but somehow in your mind he is 100% responsible still...My guess, Trump is doing what he has to in order to get a bill that does exactly what he promised voters it would do...you know...ART OF THE DEAL......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do they call Obamacare, "Obamacare"?

Did HE write the Bill?   No.

But when you support it, lobby congress to pass it, and then sign it...

...that's on you.

Trump supports this Bill "100%."   That's what HE said.
He has pushed for it, lobbied the conservatives to compromise and support it, and he has praised Ryan for his effort.

You can claim otherwise, but it won't be true.

Trump has ALWAYS supported universal, government Healthcare.

Accept that fact, and be satisfied with his winning.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, he better be ready to sign it at this point. Says a lot to me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good, let Obamacare collapse on its own.
View Quote
and if they leave it to collapse who do you think will be blamed for it?
Obviously the left and their mouths pieces in the press will blame Trump and the republicans. They will say you could have fixed it but did nothing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The top comment on Breitbart FB article is pretty good.

Smart thing to do, throw it back on them. Let Obamacare continue to fail.
Really what else can he do. He said he wants people with pre existing conditions covered. You cant do that with no mandate and keep costs low. Ive always said I see no good solution if your goal is to make sure every American has access to affordable health insurance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Cucumbermonkey

Really what else can he do. He said he wants people with pre existing conditions covered. You cant do that with no mandate and keep costs low. Ive always said I see no good solution if your goal is to make sure every American has access to affordable health insurance.
View Quote
Have the government provide insurance to those who are "uninsurable."

No need to force mandates on the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They have all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They have all that.
No they don't.

For starters they already told Trump to shove his budget because they do not want to cut foreign aid.

McConnell and a few others already told Trump that they won't be voting on anything tax related until August or later.

Gun laws like the "hearing protection" whatever seem to be stuck in committee.

This is 100% on Congress.

Quoted:

Have the government provide insurance to those who are "uninsurable."

No need to force mandates on the rest of us.  
That is part of the current bill ala medicare "expansion" however the house "freedom caucus" is throwing a hissy fit over that part.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Didn't you say a long time ago that you wouldn't pollute Trump threads with your Canadian retardation any more?
View Quote
you mean, does targettarget lie about things in his post ?

Attachment Attached File

whatever would make you think that?

edit - I didn't make the image, saw it in an old post so credit to the poster
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No they don't.

For starters they already told Trump to shove his budget because they do not want to cut foreign aid.

McConnell and a few others already told Trump that they won't be voting on anything tax related until August or later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have all that.
No they don't.

Trump is the one who insisted that Healthcare must come first.  That is undeniable.

He supports the RINO Bill 100%.

You can pretend otherwise, but it remains  true.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That is part of the current bill ala medicare "expansion" however the house "freedom caucus" is throwing a hissy fit over that part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have all that.
No, that's completely different.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Terrible idea.  It makes most of Obamacare permanent.
View Quote
I say fucking awesome idea. Obamacare will collapse.  That is a fact. Hold the vote and let those that vote no choke on it come election time
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I say fucking awesome idea. Obamacare will collapse.  That is a fact. Hold the vote and let those that vote no choke on it come election time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Terrible idea.  It makes most of Obamacare permanent.
You support Trump taking ownership of Obamacare and renaming it Trumpcare?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Good. I want single payer and I think Trump does too.

I think his slogan "repeal and replace" was very smart. It got the people clamoring for Obamacare on board with him while not ruling out a government run healthcare system. I never heard Trump say during the campaign he was against the government being involved in healthcare.

I voted for Trump because he could be liberal on some issues (guns not being one of them)

Feel free to roast me. I know I'm probably in the minority hear with this view.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Let's see...my 2017 premium jumped 34% to $595.
And that's AFTER I chose to do a crappier plan!

2018 $785
2019 $1015
2020 $1350

And that's a Blue Cross Florida plan for ONE person!

I'll just pay the penalty next year.  Can't afford it and I make good jack.

I think Trump's made a good move. We will see in 18 hours or less.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm going with 4D chess on this one.

If Ryan Care falls that just might cost him his Speaker job. He has not been able to pass anything in the House except for naming a WI post office. If he's not toast he should be.

Despite appearances you just know Trump despises Ryan and if you remember he tasked Ryan to come-up with something that would breeze through the House. Breezing through the House meant appeasing the Freedom Caucus but for some odd reason Ryan did not get that memo.

Ryan went all RINO on the House Bill proposing something only the likes of John McCain would love....Ryan owns any "failure", not Trump.

I think Trump played along knowing Ryan was digging himself a hole he may never get himself out of.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Trump is fucking this one up bigly.
View Quote
This right here. What a fucking shame.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#49]
THIS

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You support Trump taking ownership of Obamacare and renaming it Trumpcare?
View Quote
if the vote fails, and no changes occur, how can obamacare be renamed trumpcare?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top