Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The Republicans had years to come up with a replacement plan to OcommieCare that would have everyone's support.  There should be absolutely no reason any issues on the Republican side.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember kids, Trump is a negotiator (like Shatner on Priceline) but this negotiation is a bad one.  The Repubs should have had a replacement in the wings a long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This mess looks bad for us all and gives the Dumbocraps ammo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
But Trump isn't negotiating on his behalf, or in his interests, aside from passing something for the sake of passing it.

For whom is he trying to get better terms?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Trump has sure fucked this up.  What a mess.
View Quote
The GOP politicians in Congress are the problem. They are the ones who are supposed to be sending all sorts of tax/budget/gun bills to Trump's desk for a signature. WTF have they done? Jack and shit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Wonder how long ACA would last if all those fuckers in the government were forced to use it......
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think you guys are underestimating trump on this.  Take a deep breath.

This is almost as bad as during the election, everytime CNN said something bad about trump, everyone flocked here screaming it's over!!!111
View Quote
Yep.  This is all part of the TMP to MAGA.  Possess yourselves of patience.  The power of President Trump's very good brain will become obvious in the fullness of time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Obamacare collapsing will not have the result you think it will. Dems will argue that it didn't go far enough, MSM will push the narrative, we'll end up with something 100x worse.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But Trump isn't negotiating on his behalf, or in his interests, aside from passing something for the sake of passing it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You honestly can't be that dense? That man has done exactly what he promised to do from day one...exactly the opposite of what you guys said he would do, and yet you still question his loyalty to America..
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Require congress to adopt Obamacare for their insurance. A new bill would happen quickly enough.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
TrumpSpeaker Paul Ryan has sure fucked this up.  What a mess.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Republicans had years to come up with a replacement plan to OcommieCare that would have everyone's support.  There should be absolutely no reason any issues on the Republican side.
View Quote
I would venture to say that alot of us voted for repeal with no replacement.  Repeal it and be done with it, or the Dems will reinstate it WHEN they get power back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Trump is going against conservatives who elected him. Big mistake.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One thing is, if it doesn't pass, which I hope it doesn't, hopefully FBHObama care will implode soon, then its on the Demos, if they pass this POS bill, then it falls on the Rhinos
View Quote
No sorry it won't play that way.

Trump should be talking about how the Dems are stopping this; but even if he does, the press will blame repubs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Require congress to adopt Obamacare for their insurance. A new bill would happen quickly enough.
View Quote
Congress would have to vote on it, but Trump should offer that up and make them look like elitist pricks.

I honestly don't care about getting the ACA repealed right now.  Nothing they do short of tort reform and welfare reform is going to appreciably change the price.  The prices were increasing substantially yearly before it passed.  It's a no win situation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuck it all. Feel bad for the small business owner. I work for a huge company. My insurance is free.
View Quote
Lol....your insurance isn't free.  It's factored into your overall compensation and if healthcare didn't cost the company an arm and a leg you would probably be making more in your paycheck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trump should be talking about how the Dems are stopping this; but even if he does, the press will blame repubs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thing is, if it doesn't pass, which I hope it doesn't, hopefully FBHObama care will implode soon, then its on the Demos, if they pass this POS bill, then it falls on the Rhinos

How's that going to work?????
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thing I worry about is after the collapse, Trump, the rinos, and the dems all push single payer.  Neither Trump or the rinos have a solid guiding ideology that is small gov conservative
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TrumpSpeaker Paul Ryan has sure fucked this up.  What a mess.
Well, I wrote the original that is now struck through, but I won't disagree with your changes one bit.  Just a mess.
It didn't have to be this way.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Very disappointing.....It's a bad bill, worse than ObamaCare as it'll prop the 'bad' parts of the bill and pump new life into it. Phase II and III will never come sadly...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Trump is doing everything he can () to make Ryan look like THE leader in the House, despite the fact that Ryan was not loyal to him during the campaign.  So Ryan fails to pass legislation that Trump is asking for, right?  What does Trump do?  Puts out the word that if his agenda is going to succeed, it's going to take a different Speaker, i.e. one who was with Trump all along.  This exercise in lawmaking is nothing more than giving Ryan the rope to hang himself politically.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#24]
This should NOT have been a top priority. Now, because it is going to fail, LIKE IT SHOULD, it's going to severely hamper any future legislation that Trump tries to get passed.

It would have been 1000% smarter to try passing the HPA or repealing some anti-gun crap, on their first try.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#25]
4D Chess!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trump is doing everything he can () to make Ryan look like THE leader in the House, despite the fact that Ryan was not loyal to him during the campaign.  So Ryan fails to pass legislation that Trump is asking for, right?  What does Trump do?  Puts out the word that if his agenda is going to succeed, it's going to take a different Speaker, i.e. one who was with Trump all along.  This exercise in lawmaking is nothing more than giving Ryan the rope to hang himself politically.
View Quote
sounds like a great way to make a lot of enemies within your own party and a great way to get your own party to not trust you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The GOP politicians in Congress are the problem. They are the ones who are supposed to be sending all sorts of tax/budget/gun bills to Trump's desk for a signature. WTF have they done? Jack and shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump has sure fucked this up.  What a mess.
Yeah, and after Trump spent all that time eliminating all of Obamas executive gun control orders.

Oh.

Wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good, let Obamacare collapse on its own.
View Quote
Kill the individual mandate and let it wither away
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmm..

On its face it sounds like he has no clue how to actually negotiate.  However, face value is pretty useless these days.

Not unrelated... apparently the GOPe advisors are trying to shutout the anti-establishment advisors in the White House.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, and after Trump spent all that time eliminating all of Obamas executive gun control orders.

Oh.

Wait.
View Quote
I've called it earlier, that Trump has been sitting on his fat ass doing NOTHING to improve gun rights. He had plenty of executive orders he could have undone, right away. Nothing done.

We're in for 4 years of NOT A DAMN THING GETTING DONE.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
sounds like a great way to make a lot of enemies within your own party and a great way to get your own party to not trust you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ryan was the reluctant Speaker when Boehner bailed out.  The only way Ryan would take the job was if everyone in his caucus agreed to give him a safe space in his Office, i.e. not go after him like they did Boehner.  In all that time, it would have been easy for Ryan and the caucus to craft a replacement plan for Obamacare that would get wide support.  Maybe they, like many in GD, thought the Republicans would never win the Congress and White House again and so they sat on their hands.  Bigly mistake.  Now they have the power and look feckless as though they gave up on ever redoing Obamacare.  This is a failure on Ryan because he, like many, was blind to what was happening in flyover country and therefore wasn't prepared.  He needs to get lost, just like Boehner.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I have no fucking insurance and let me tell you it sucks. It seems like I have $120150 freaking doctor bills every other week.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Something that the GOP has never ever done beefoh.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#34]
You know all through the nomination process i have to admit some of the stuff Trump did to me seemed stupid
and made me think, well he has finally fucked up and its over.

Time and time again I have been proven wrong and here we are today.

You know what? I am gonna Trust Trump on this and see what happens, when he proves me wrong I will say he fucked up
and admit I was stupid to trust him.

Until that time MAGA!!! muther fuckers!!!

Trump has a plan, hopefully its a good one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Isn't the mandate already gone?
View Quote
It's still there, just not being enforced.

Until the Dems get back in power....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just don't understand why Trump is going for this Rhino Bullshit, now just reported on Fox, if the bill doesn't pass, Trump wants to go to tax reform, just don't understand this, seems like we are going backwards

Fuck Paul Ryan, piece of shit
View Quote
Do you Play Chess ????
I think Trump wants it to fail in the Senate because/through the Demorats so the blame can be placed on them and see the results in the midterm elections
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You honestly can't be that dense? That man has done exactly what he promised to do from day one...exactly the opposite of what you guys said he would do, and yet you still question his loyalty to America..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true.  He promised to provide Universal Healthcare Coverage.  After all, he said it's one of the primary functions of the Federal Government.

We should not be surprised that he supports this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
This Trump knows a bad deal when he see's one. The Republicans have had 7 yrs to have a new plan and they dropped the ball.

Suck it up and prepare for the next game.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll give him some rope. The art of the deal.

Get on the train, GOP House or get run over.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This should NOT have been a top priority. Now, because it is going to fail, LIKE IT SHOULD, it's going to severely hamper any future legislation that Trump tries to get passed.

It would have been 1000% smarter to try passing the HPA or repealing some anti-gun crap, on their first try.
View Quote
agreed, he should have picked something much less contentious for his first time "at bat". instead he started with this. the dems having nothing to loose should this bill fail, and even if it passes they can turn around to their constituents and say they went down swinging. trump and the GOP on the other hand have a lot to loose should this bill fail. and no GOP congressman is going to die on this hill, backing this piece of shit bill.

politically I think the GOP has missed their window to just "pull the plug" on the ACA and be done. at this point their best bet is to work to reform the aca or leave it alone and let it die on it's own
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
FDJT

too soon?
View Quote
Nope.  I've thought that for 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I honestly don't think the Republican leadership thought they would win the White House.  Honestly they probably didn't want to. They've been talking about replacing Obama care for damn near 7 years and when it's time to put up or shut up they put up a wet fart that no one likes.  Like the dog chasing the car they finally caught it and now they don't know what to do.

Either way I knew as soon as Obamacare passed that it was there for the long run.  It's like metastasized cancer at this point.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Just leave Obamacare. Lipstick on a pig is all it is.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
UPDATE: 7:42 p.m.: President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-freedom-caucus-health-care-236418
View Quote

Unless major portions are changed in reconciliation should a Senate bill pass, it's a shit sandwich all the way around.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wrong move Mr President.
View Quote
This is all on the Congressional Republicans.

How many times did they pass a repeal of Obamacare when Obama was president?

Now that Mr. Trump is President, they can't even pass it once?  What a joke.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just don't understand why Trump is going for this Rhino Bullshit, now just reported on Fox, if the bill doesn't pass, Trump wants to go to tax reform, just don't understand this, seems like we are going backwards

Fuck Paul Ryan, piece of shit
View Quote
Because Trump is a RINO liberal.

We tried to tell you (not you, CJ7365, specifically) this during the primary, but oh no, it was all 'shut your mouth you stupid Canadian' and frog memes and quips about 'winning.'

When you elect a fucking New York City progressive-liberal former Democrat donor that has #NYvalues, why is ANYONE fucking surprised when you get New York City progressive-liberal Democrat donor that has #NYvalues type results?

So-called conservatives had their chance to turn the tide and they fucking blew it because they suck.

It's fucking sick is what it is.  It's a fucking sickness, and the #AlwaysTrump crowd should be deeply ashamed of themselves right now. 

"At least he's not Hillary" isn't fucking good enough anymore. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I honestly don't think the Republican leadership thought they would win the White House.  Honestly they probably didn't want to. They've been talking about replacing Obama care for damn near 7 years and when it's time to put up or shut up they put up a wet fart that no one likes.  Like the dog chasing the car they finally caught it and now they don't know what to do.

Either way I knew as soon as Obamacare passed that it was there for the long run.  It's like metastasized cancer at this point.
View Quote
frankly I think you're right. despite a majority of the GOP backing him as a matter course in the general election I think the majority of them had little to no expectation of him winning. they had a plan and a narrative ready to go for a clinton presidency, but when trump won there was a "wait, now what?" moment for much of the GOP.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Bad as Democrats who just wanted to pass a law to say they passed a law.  Whole thing is a shit show. Should be no rush on this, come up with something better.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

<snip> 

"At least he's not Hillary" isn't fucking good enough anymore. 
View Quote
Yes it is... 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Get ready for single payer. If Trump and the republicans shit themselves I highly doubt Trump will be re-elected in 2020. then again who knows.

I can almost guarantee whoever the dems run it'll be left of Obama. Way left.
View Quote
America was never "saved" by electing Trump.

It was only the "eye of the hurricane"

In 20 years we'll all look back at this time as the last gasp of a once great experiment.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top