Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 3/23/2017 8:07:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: 7:42 p.m.: President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-freedom-caucus-health-care-236418
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Wrong move Mr President.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Terrible idea.  It makes most of Obamacare permanent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Even if it passes the House the Senate would kill it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck it all. Feel bad for the small business owner. I work for a huge company. My insurance is free.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Good, let Obamacare collapse on its own.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wrong move Mr President.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good, let Obamacare collapse on its own.
View Quote
Get ready for single payer. If Trump and the republicans shit themselves I highly doubt Trump will be re-elected in 2020. then again who knows.

I can almost guarantee whoever the dems run it'll be left of Obama. Way left.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like Ryan and Trump are on the same page.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
how does it "collapse"?  what are indications and ramifications and probable responses by industry and consumers?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
At first glance I thought WTF, but after I thought about it a bit, I'm not so sure.  Trump is confident that the affordable care act will implode anyway, so he's playing a "Trump" card, either pass this now, or let the ACA implode, then they will forced to do something, and it's probably going to be something that cuts even deeper than the current bill.  I think he's confident he will win, either win now and move on, or wait a while and win bigger later.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#11]
That's disappointing. I should be disappointed about this, right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I just don't understand why Trump is going for this Rhino Bullshit, now just reported on Fox, if the bill doesn't pass, Trump wants to go to tax reform, just don't understand this, seems like we are going backwards

Fuck Paul Ryan, piece of shit
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]
FDJT

too soon?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Trump is fucking this one up bigly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a really healthy debate.  ObamaCare was passed with very little consideration.  You could say that the debate that should have happened seven years ago is finally happening.  Ryan Care may not pass and that's fine.  What we eventually get out of this will be better than either.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's disappointing. I should be disappointed about this, right?
View Quote
It's going to affect a lot of people.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wrong move Mr President.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Wasn't Spicer on like 6 hours ago saying the vote would proceed as planned?  This is hilarious.  Turns out opposition coalitions don't work too well when they're no longer the opposition.

Maybe, just maybe, they should have burned the time from all those symbolic repeal votes figuring out what the shit they'd do if they were back in power...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
One thing is, if it doesn't pass, which I hope it doesn't, hopefully FBHObama care will implode soon, then its on the Demos, if they pass this POS bill, then it falls on the Rhinos
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is a really healthy debate.  ObamaCare was passed with very little consideration.  You could say that the debate that should have happened seven years ago is finally happening.  Ryan Care may not pass and that's fine.  What we eventually get out of this will be better than either.
View Quote
Unfortunately time is of the essence. Rand Paul's idea was the best option imo. However big .gov republicans don't want to get rid of that power. Obamacare really gave them a shit ton of power.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Not a never Trumper

What the fuck, guys?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One thing is, if it doesn't pass, which I hope it doesn't, hopefully it will implode soon, then its on the Demos, if they pass this POS bill, then it falls on the Rhinos
View Quote
It'll fall on the republicans because they did NOTHING about it, when they were voted in. This problem right here will put the dems right back in power, and will set them up to put in single payer. Then if you're a working stiff, you're going to be corn holed. Be ready for EVERYONE's tax bracket going around 45% to pay for that mess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#24]
He is forcing a hasty vote so he can veto it.  Trolling 101.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He is forcing a hasty vote so he can veto it.  Trolling 101.
View Quote
that would be FABULIS.  I would fucking laugh till I bled.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just don't understand why Trump is going for this Rhino Bullshit, now just reported on Fox, if the bill doesn't pass, Trump wants to go to tax reform, just don't understand this, seems like we are going backwards

Fuck Paul Ryan, piece of shit
View Quote
What option is there? The RINOS will block the conservatives from a full repeal. This is the closest compromise the GOP can possibly agree on.

What can Trump do? He said he would not veto the new bill, he gave green light to do whatever.

The fucking GOP can't even agree with itself.

There can be no solution, we are fucked for now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit

Dammit

Wtf

Dammit
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't have a problem if dropping the issue for a few months allows the right bill to be developed.   Why it was not done in the last six or seven years is beyond me.   Do it right.

Go ahead and implement tax reform (cuts).

If a good health care bill takes six months or eight months to properly write, so be it.

Ryan is a dildo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Not necessarily a bad idea.  With no mandate, ACA WILL implode.  The question is how soon.  Hopefully, Repubs are in control when it does and they can shape the replacement.   
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Yuck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What option is there? The RINOS will block the conservatives from a full repeal. This is the closest compromise the GOP can possibly agree on.

What can Trump do? He said he would not veto the new bill, he gave green light to do whatever.

Through fucking GOP can't even agree with itself.

There can be no solution, we are fucked for now.
View Quote
I already seen this coming. Single payer is inevitable, and it's going to suck. It's really going to hit the middle and low class folks, and they don't even know it yet. If you pay federal tax money you're going to get raped.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#32]
nev
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I want Obamacare to burn.

Don't replace it.

Let it collapse and realize just how much of a fucking incompetent idiot the jug eared fool was.

The president who is so terrified of his legacy, he's vacationing in a third world country to avoid it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Ditch the mandate, ditch the minimum requirements, open up HSA's and eliminate cross state restrictions.  At the least that's a start.

The modified O-Care that they're proposing sucks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Either pass it and then declare victory and move on to more popular stuff (gun bills, tax bills etc) or leave it alone and let Obamacare "fail" at which time you can blame Democrats and pass whatever the fuck you want in its place.

Unfortunately Republicans in Congress aren't smart enough to pull off either plan. They had 8 years to come up with their anti-obamacare legislation and they don't have shit. It's pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ditch the mandate, ditch the minimum requirements, open up HSA's and eliminate cross state restrictions.  At the least that's a start.

The modified O-Care that they're proposing sucks.
View Quote
Isn't the mandate already gone?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
At first glance I thought WTF, but after I thought about it a bit, I'm not so sure.  Trump is confident that the affordable care act will implode anyway, so he's playing a "Trump" card, either pass this now, or let the ACA implode, then they will forced to do something, and it's probably going to be something that cuts
View Quote
Holy fuck a smart person in GD. Where the hell did you come from.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#38]
demanding? I guess he missed the part where congress can basically tell the president and his demands to go get fucked. and if he really is planning on giving up and moving to a different issue because this one bill failed, well that doesn't set a very good tone going forward with his legislative agenda.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Either pass it and then declare victory and move on to more popular stuff (gun bills, tax bills etc) or leave it alone and let Obamacare "fail" at which time you can blame Democrats and pass whatever the fuck you want in its place.

Unfortunately Republicans in Congress aren't smart enough to pull off either plan. They had 8 years to come up with their anti-obamacare legislation and they don't have shit. It's pathetic.
View Quote
Health Insurance is getting expensive for a lot of folks out there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Trump has sure fucked this up.  What a mess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
...yeah, he's likely to drop out any day now
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wrong move Mr President.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I think you guys are underestimating trump on this.  Take a deep breath.

This is almost as bad as during the election, everytime CNN said something bad about trump, everyone flocked here screaming it's over!!!111
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Unfortunately time is of the essence. Rand Paul's idea was the best option imo. However big .gov republicans don't want to get rid of that power. Obamacare really gave them a shit ton of power.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Explain that to me.  Why does time matter?  I mean, if this proposal crashes and burns, so what?  Why not start from scratch and make something better?  People are finally talking about real  solutions to health care like allowing insurance companies to sell services across state lines, tort reform, and unlimited tax-preferred health savings accounts.  I heard all of those and more on NPR today.  This is real progress.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem if dropping the issue for a few months allows the right bill to be developed.   Why it was not done in the last six or seven years is beyond me.   Do it right.

Go ahead and implement tax reform (cuts).

If a good health care bill takes six months or eight months to properly write, so be it.

Ryan is a dildo.
View Quote
That's where I am.  Move on until they come up with a good bill.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Republicans want single payer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
It seems like he just wants to chalk RynoCare up as a win, and he doesn't care what it actually does.  Which is the impression I got from Obama about his POS abortion of a law.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#48]
This makes America pay the price for Trump not getting his way.

That's not kosher given what they ran on.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At first glance I thought WTF, but after I thought about it a bit, I'm not so sure.  Trump is confident that the affordable care act will implode anyway, so he's playing a "Trump" card, either pass this now, or let the ACA implode, then they will forced to do something, and it's probably going to be something that cuts
Oh yeah, real smart... and how many of us will pay for this shit for years until it does blow up?  And when it blows up, what are the consequences?  Genius!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Listen, if we can't trust Trump and Ryan, who *can* we trust?

I'm sure they have this shit all figured out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top