Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Find some place else to take your kid.  Any place that calls a .22 case a "Shotgun Bullet" isn't smart enough to teach.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny....my kids were ahead of everyone.  Wonder why that is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These days, if you don't send your kid to preschool, they will be behind by the time they get to kindergarten.
Funny....my kids were ahead of everyone.  Wonder why that is.
Same, I think its about being able to make personal connections with other kids earlier.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
20 years ago I had to defend myself during a dorm inspection over an inert 50 bmg.   They reluctantly believed me after repeatedly pointing out the hole drilled through the side and lack of a primer.    It was a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Zero tolerance = zero brainpower on the part of the fool enforcing the policy because they are afraid to make a decision.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're making a lot of assumptions about the parents. My kids always have a parent at home, but they still attend preschool as do most 4 year olds. It's 3 hours a day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about the parents figuring out what expenses or costs can be cut, and one of them staying home raising the boy themselves, instead of dumping him off for 8-12 hours a day, and not letting a bunch of people you really don't know raise your kid.
You're making a lot of assumptions about the parents. My kids always have a parent at home, but they still attend preschool as do most 4 year olds. It's 3 hours a day.
At some point it's beneficial that little people learn to interact with someone their own age and someone who is NOT their parent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]
when I was a kid a little prick in the cafeteria made a big deal out of my bringing a spent shotgun shell in because another kid had asked to see one. This was about 1974.
the lunch monitor got all excited, and I carefully explained to her dumb ass that it was an inert object.
she finally went away when she realized that she couldn't intimidate me nor argue intelligently with a 10 year old boy.

there have always been twats and idiots.
it's when they have authority over you that they become a problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Meh, it's pre-K- their schools, their rules. Find another school.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
In every visit to the school I would wear a gun related shirt and hat.

Fucking pussy progressive.

Sue sue sue

FUCK IL.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#10]
So far most of my little ones(10 now) teachers listen intently as he tells them the best ways to kill a zombie or how great SMGs are. I got a call one time about him using a straw like a sword and I flew off the handle for wasting my time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
MARCH 1977
HEADLINE:
Littleton CO, a freshman student at XXXXX High school built a rifle and Bowie knife as a part of a school Industrial Arts class project.
The student's Bowie knife was entered in and won the "Golden Anvil" award at state Industrial Arts Fair for excellence in craftsmanship.
The student became the lead student assistant in the metal shop for the remainder of his tenure at the school.
No feelings were hurt from this incident.

True story
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes - we have gone to hell in a hand-basket!  When I was in school - the rednecks had shotguns hanging up in the back window of their pickup trucks so they could go hunting after school.

They have been going the wrong way for years and there is no stopping them.

Red

Edit to add - I remember a friend bringing a p-38 to middle school.
View Quote
I was often late to school during duck season.  My first period of my senior year was a study hall. I would just pull up with my boat in tow, shotgun in my rear widow of my truck in a plastic rack and ducks gutted in a cooler in the bed.  No shits given unless my boat and truck blocked someone in the parking lot.  Normally there were at least 3 of us that did this during the season.  Now the kids all deer hunt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I was one of the rednecks with a shotgun in my back window.  We frequently went hunting before and/or after school.
We also wore our hunting coats into school laden with shells and had our hunting knives on our belts.  No one batted an eye.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In preschool at the very beginning we got a  note about my son (3 at the time) pointing his finger and making phew phew noises.  The teacher told us the school was a place of peace and he shouldn't be doing that

A few weeks later he had to decorate a pennant with his name on it.  I gave him some stickers from silencer shop.  This hung on the wall for the rest of the year:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67501/s-Shop-sticker-172319.JPG

View Quote
Thats just one of those harmless pokeman things.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These zero tolerance policies and people losing their shit over something that is a mistake or misunderstanding is ridiculous. 
View Quote
A lot of this "Zero Tolerance" bullshit is just virtue signaling.

They're demonstrating how much they hate guns by being hypersensitive to them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Parents are doing it wrong.

I would not say anything.  When the 7 days is over I'd send her to school with a 40mm casing.

Then I'll notify them before they can get a full triggered opportunity that the child is going to a private school and they can go get fucked.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Had a cool European history teacher once. One day he came into class, pulled up some sort of WWI light machine gun (decades ago, don't remember the type), laid it down and said, straight faced, "The scores on the last exam were disappointing."

Great teacher. Even the so-so students and those just taking the course to satisfy requirements went balls to the wall studying for his course.

My kid? I'd be tempted to seed the campus with a couple of bricks of .22LR scattered hither and yon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]
When I was 7 or 8, I took an assortment of live pistol and rifle rounds to to school for show and tell.  The teacher took them and put them in her desk until show and tell "so no one would get hurt".  She gave them back to me at the end of the day.  It may  have gone differently if it had been shotgun bullets, though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My son actually has a criminal record for bringing an inert grenade to school.
View Quote
for having a "Paper weight" grenade?

what was the charge... illegal possession of a decoration?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Inciting stupidity.  It probably caused a major outbreak.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
20 years ago I had to defend myself during a dorm inspection over an inert 50 bmg.   They reluctantly believed me after repeatedly pointing out the hole drilled through the side and lack of a primer.    It was a big deal.
View Quote
When I went to college before the late 60's riots, we kept guns and ammo in our dorm room.  We even had a small loading set-up.  For a northern Michigan college, it was no big deal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disorderly Conduct. On a 9yo. He knew better as I had warned them both about taking anything like that to school. Still pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#23]
We are going to get so much hazing from the Brits.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Be fun to watch a few thousand folks to mail envelopes full of empty .22s to the principle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Suspend a 4 year old?  
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Be fun to watch a few thousand folks to mail envelopes full of empty .22s to the principle.
View Quote
I was thinking it would be fun watching them crawl around, picking up a few thousand of them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When I was in elementary school, it was expected that if you had a Levi's jean jacket, you had a single, lead round nosed  .22LR with a polished bullet stuck into the little red Levi's tag on the front pocket.
View Quote
Yep, I remember that.
Kids would bring their deer rifle to shop class to refinish the stocks, just took them straight to Mr. Maggart (shop teacher) and he kept them until time to work on them. During deer season rifles would be in the rear window of pick up trucks so the students could head straight to the fields after school.
Those were the days.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

These zero tolerance policies....
View Quote
Zero tolerance means 1 of 2 things:

1.) You are too incompetent to use use reason and judgment;
2.) You are a coward.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Had Hillary been elected you could probably only imagine the injustice and horror that would be institutionalized against God fearing Americans...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top