User Panel

Site Notices
100 pages of Kia (Page 97 of 101)
Page / 101
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:

Well the drop off went exactly as you said. I mentioned the P1326 code and explained the deal and he said they would do the bearing clearance testing, cable testing, and software update and if they detect any knocking it will be a new engine. He confirmed that kia would be covering all of it under warranty. Good for Kia and thanks for the advice! It's hard to believe Kia would replace the engine on a 13 year old car with 242k miles on it for free!

Wife and I talked about it and we have decided to get a new Sorento. Kia has been damn good to us. Assuming everything works out getting the optima fixed, we're still going to keep the optima as an "around the town/backup" car and get her a 2022-23 Sorento. Anything we should look out for there or are they gtg?
View Quote

they have had a few odd wiring issues and oil leaks but have been great otherwise.

the improved 24 refresh models are around the corner, might be worth waiting for hem

@drfroglegs
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 10:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#2]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

they have had a few odd wiring issues and oil leaks but have been great otherwise.

the improved 24 refresh models are around the corner, might be worth waiting for hem

@drfroglegs
View Quote

Woah. Those look awesome.

I showed my wife but she likes the older/current model better. She likes the more elegant look on the front. I Iike the new model better, looks more like a truck front.

It's a sweet looking suv though. Our local Kia dealership has very little inventory right now so I bet it would be a year or more before they see some 24s coming in. Don't know if the wife wants to wait that long. Thanks for the tip though, that wasn't even on my radar.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:07:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#4]
Originally Posted By dropdbombnow:
https://i.imgur.com/jkc26Gj.gif
View Quote

... why?

97 pages of intrest is a big enough statement as to why.

People like kias.

Some people want more stuff for the same amount of money.

@dropdbombnow
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]

... why?

People like kias.

@dropdbombnow
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 6:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#6]
Got a question on a 2018 Sonata SEL with the smart trunk.

Fob is away from the car. Doors are locked. If someone breaks the window and hits the trunk release on the dash, will it still open? Assume they don’t open any doors to set off the security.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it Kia or KIA?
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]

... why?

People like kias.

@dropdbombnow
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 8:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#9]
Never mind
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chisum:
Is it Kia or KIA?
View Quote

I think it's NIN now?!
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Got a question on a 2018 Sonata SEL with the smart trunk.

Fob is away from the car. Doors are locked. If someone breaks the window and hits the trunk release on the dash, will it still open? Assume they don’t open any doors to set off the security.
View Quote

Vehicle would have to be on first.

@-OdieGreen-
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Vehicle would have to be on first.

@-OdieGreen-
View Quote

Much appreciated. Saw a story of a trunk break in with a smart trunk and didn’t think it was possible. Turns out there’s an emergency release under the back seat they knew about so I’ll just disconnect the cable for it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Ooooooooooof.

After a fashion yes it will.

@Cincinnatus
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#15]
It seems my wife is willing to trade in her ‘19 Cadenza Technology.  She’s looking at the ‘23 EV6 Wind AWD.  Some super discounts on the one she likes. Down from $55k+ to less than $38k.

The reviews I’ve read are good.  She only drives 60 miles a day highway to work and back.  Maybe a 150 mile trip occasionally.  

Anything we need to know LP?

@LittlePony

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorentos worth it as a daily driver?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
It seems my wife is willing to trade in her ‘19 Cadenza Technology.  She’s looking at the ‘23 EV6 Wind AWD.  Some super discounts on the one she likes. Down from $55k+ to less than $38k.

The reviews I’ve read are good.  She only drives 60 miles a day highway to work and back.  Maybe a 150 mile trip occasionally.  

@LittlePony

https://i.postimg.cc/NjLyxnJV/IMG-2355.png
View Quote

There has been a ton of software updates and strange noise concerns but have been fine otherwise.

On a side note, I really wish we still had the cadenza in the United States.

It is known most everywhere is the K8 and the newest generation is fantastical, I would choose it over the ev6 but alas, impossible.

Big cars are just dead in the USA

@Triggerstuck
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cone256:
Sorentos worth it as a daily driver?
View Quote

Certainly, especially the hybrid model if you can find one.

@cone256
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#19]

There has been a ton of software updates and strange noise concerns but have been fine otherwise.

On a side note, I really wish we still had the cadenza in the United States.

It is known most everywhere is the K8 and the newest generation is fantastical, I would choose it over the ev6 but alas, impossible.

Big cars are just dead in the USA

@Triggerstuck
View Quote

Her Cadenza has been rock solid for 60k miles.  Not one issue.  Oil, filters and one new set of tires.  I picked up a ‘24 Genesis GV80 Signature in July.  It’s really nice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:00:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#20]

@LittlePony

View Quote

I had one as a rental last week in houston.  I found it to be very quiet and extremely quick once you got it rolling.  It seemed to be slow or hesitate off the line.  

In houston traffic 100 miles on the range was more like 70-80.  The AC was weak it was hot not as hot as it had been but normal Houston humid hot that week.  

Overall I kinda liked it.  The dashboard was a bit different and busy. But it's a nice ride for 38k not bad...

Eta: the dynamic braking was very aggressive it felt like I was romping on the brakes every time I let off the gas.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw a brand new Kia today. Still had dealer plates and that thing was smoking…
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I had one as a rental last week in houston.  I found it to be very quiet and extremely quick once you got it rolling.  It seemed to be slow or hesitate off the line.  

In houston traffic 100 miles on the range was more like 70-80.  The AC was weak it was hot not as hot as it had been but normal Houston humid hot that week.  

Overall I kinda liked it.  The dashboard was a bit different and busy. But it's a nice ride for 38k not bad...

Eta: the dynamic braking was very aggressive it felt like I was romping on the brakes every time I let off the gas.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@LittlePony

The paddle handles on the steering wheel adjusts the dynamic braking sensitivity.

We started the deal to trade the Cadenza for the EV6 Wind AWD.  The $5000 customer back cash in the online ad, was “A little deceptive “ according to the sales manager.  You don’t actually get it.  Then I noticed a $2495 ceramic coating charge that was never revealed until negotiation time.  You can’t turn it down because “It’s done as soon as the car comes in”.  Problem was, the car has zero ceramic coating on it.  The paint felt like 200 grit sandpaper.  The entire car needed paint correction before it could be coated.  Sounds like a lawyer could have a class action suit.  I doubt this car was the only one they tried to f customers on.  

Earlier in the week, the service department’s tried to cross sell me over $2000 worth of crap “That’s needed on your 60k mile service.  It’s to keep your warranty .”

The service salesman said the transmission needed to have its fluid changed along with the filter.  That’s weird.  It’s a sealed system and the manual says no service ever required.  Told me it needed six new spark plugs for $600.  Manual says 97,500 miles.  It really needed a radiator flush too.  Manual says 120k miles.  I’ll never deal with that dealership again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#24]

The paddle handles on the steering wheel adjusts the dynamic braking sensitivity.

View All Quotes

@LittlePony

Huh.....I thought those were some kind of sport mode /gear shift

I only had it for 2 days and like most rentals I didn't read the manual.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Huh.....I thought those were some kind of sport mode /gear shift

I only had it for 2 days and like most rentals I didn't read the manual.  

View Quote

I had it for one day.  I thought they changed the speed on the cruise control.  My wife showed me what they were for.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Not Kia but another H  group part number. Discontinued. On a fing 2023 model. Not oos..just gone. No replacement pn. On something i need.  Ever seen that b4 with H Group?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#27]
Originally Posted By flynlr:
Not Kia but another H  group part number. Discontinued. On a fing 2023 model. Not oos..just gone. No replacement pn. On something i need.  Ever seen that b4 with H Group?
View Quote

... how???

takes the kia side around 10 years before they go discontinued

@flynlr
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 4:26:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikNtx] [#28]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 4:50:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlBypass] [#29]
I recently bought a 2017 Sorento LX V6,  in great condition, and it presently has very close to 100k miles. Just returned from a 2,400 mile trip and it ran flawlessly, with little or no perceivable oil usage.

I'm scheduled next week to have the spark plugs replaced, the transaxle fluid serviced, and the front brakes worked on.  Is there anything else that you would recommend?

@LittlePony
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By EarlBypass:
I recently bought a 2017 Sorento LX V6,  in great condition, and it presently has very close to 100k miles. Just returned from a 2,400 mile trip and it ran flawlessly, with little or no perceivable oil usage.

I'm scheduled next week to have the spark plugs replaced, the transaxle fluid serviced, and the front brakes worked on.  Is there anything else that you would recommend?

@LittlePony
View Quote

brake fluid and coolant if they have not been done.

@EarlBypass
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#31]
2015 Sorento was extremely rough riding.  Are the newer ones any better?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By oarlock:
2015 Sorento was extremely rough riding.  Are the newer ones any better?
View Quote

substantially better.

11 to 15 struts wore out quick

@oarlock
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#33]

... how???

@flynlr
View All Quotes

... how???

@flynlr

No idea how. Its the drivers door seal on the body side for my G70. Ordered from 2 dealers and both told me discontinued w no replacement.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#34]

No idea how. Its the drivers door seal on the body side for my G70. Ordered from 2 dealers and both told me discontinued w no replacement.
View Quote

Bizarre
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 5:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#35]
@LittlePony

Finally found the car we've been looking for!

Drove home a 2023 KIA Sorento S today! Wife absolutely loves it. Impressive car for the price, blown away.

Thanks for all the insider info all these years. I'm happy to announce that I will continue to bother you for years to come now!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#36]
@LittlePony

Finally found the car we've been looking for!

Drove home a 2023 KIA Sorento S today! Wife absolutely loves it. Impressive car for the price, blown away.

Thanks for all the insider info all these years. I'm happy to announce that I will continue to bother you for years to come now!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/1000019329_jpg-3004108.JPG

View Quote

Your welcome
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#37]

Your welcome
View Quote

And just like that... I already have a question.

Apparently this did not come with the auto dimming rear view mirror.

Looking at upgrading it to the mirror with auto dimming and homelink.

I know it's a long shot, but do you know of any instruction/pdf for doing that upgrade? Wife wants homelink and I want power to tap into so I can install the dash cam with the donger adapter.

Thanks bud.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#38]

I know it's a long shot, but do you know of any instruction/pdf for doing that upgrade? Wife wants homelink and I want power to tap into so I can install the dash cam with the donger adapter.

Thanks bud.
View Quote

Look into joining or reading up at https://www.kia-forums.com/forums/2021-sorento-forum.476/
Lot of members there share their experiences, projects and complaints on the Kia. Been on mine for years and always been a help. They share diagrams and point the way for service info to help DIY'ers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Thanks bud.
View Quote

It's typically a accessory you can order from a Kia parts counter, Comes with instructions and everything.

@drfroglegs
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#40]
Originally Posted By DefMan:

Look into joining or reading up at https://www.kia-forums.com/forums/2021-sorento-forum.476/
Lot of members there share their experiences, projects and complaints on the Kia. Been on mine for years and always been a help. They share diagrams and point the way for service info to help DIY'ers.
View Quote

It's typically a accessory you can order from a Kia parts counter, Comes with instructions and everything.

@drfroglegs
View Quote

Thanks to both of you.

Ive been trying to find the installation instructions before I buy it to make sure it's something I'm comfortable doing. I'm a pretty handy guy but you never know...

I guess I'll just swing by the dealer and order one. Worst case if it looks to be too much I'll just pay a few hours labor for them to install. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#41]
@littlepony

2019 Sorento AWD. 33k miles.

Really bad fuel smell at back driver side door.  Cannot get rid of it.

Poured water down overfill drain to try and flush out a possible spill/overfill.  Still really bad.

No check engine light at all.

Any ideas what I should look for?
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:
@littlepony

Poured water down overfill drain to try and flush out a possible spill/overfill.  Still really bad.

View Quote

Sounds like a pin hole fuel line leak, have seen one before on a older forte

take it in, you dont want to screw around with fuel smells

@SPARKY4
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#43]

@SPARKY4
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:
@littlepony

@SPARKY4

Thanks.  I’ll make an appt tomorrow.  Been smelling it for a week or so, but don’t drive much since I work from home.

Just drove about 400 miles I’ve the weekend on a mountain trip with the wife.

Still smells strong.  Thought I could air it out.  No dice.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Think I found a leak.  The tank may have separated at the seam.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@littlepony
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Ended up being a leaking fuel pump.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

nice that it was simple, sometimes thieves drill into the tank
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Wife got rear ended 2 months ago. Took a week to fix and The insurance company got her a rental for the week. It was Hyundai Kona. Yes I know Pony works for KIA but they are almost kissing cousins in terms of design for some of the KIA/Hyundai vehicles.  

Going from a 2016 Honda HR-V to the 2023 Kona that had 6k miles on it and was nice. I drove it for 2 days when I was off it handled wayyyy better than the HR-V. Wife checked the Damage waver.  Over all good car I think. Seemed bigger on the inside than the HR-V. There were more Gadgets in it than I expected. The backup camera was nicer. Very good quality even in the dark. The Nanny shit was a pain in the ass it worked butt ok. . Butt the thing that really bothered me was the engine cutoff. The engine cutting off at a red light was disconcerting. If I could control it better as in turn it on when I wanted it "SURE". Yes there was a button BUT it reset every time the engine was cut off and had to be reset. I could see it being useful to me if I could control it more precisely. I wonder about starters burning out though.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

$12,000 repair.
View Quote

Ouch.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I christened the Sorento yesterday!

Wife was very adamant that I have a BFL on there so we can easily ID it. Plus she liked telling leftists that "it's a gear, her husband is an engineer" even though it's not and I'm a chem E (not a real engineer).

Attachment Attached File
Page / 101
100 pages of Kia (Page 97 of 101)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top