Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Guys, DK isn't going to post pics of his wife because he doesn't want us to know he really is married to a goose. One that just happens to drive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL Since when?
View Quote

Since forever - insurance companies/brokers are tied into the DMV - they can pull up everything with just a plate #.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn same thing happened toy business partners truck today.  Cadillac hit and run, broke down not far away and police got them.  They had State Farm have no idea why they drove off, she said she panicked.  it was a woman on her way to work.  As a bonus she worked for the city .gov in the city this occurred.
View Quote
Not used to dealing with reality.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys, DK isn't going to post pics of his wife because he doesn't want us to know he really is married to a goose. One that just happens to drive.

Hah, just for you, here's a couple of pictures of my wife:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1715/3651.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1715/11810.JPG

I said DRIVE, not DIVE.   Nice pics!

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Since forever - insurance companies/brokers are tied into the DMV - they can pull up everything with just a plate #.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Since when?

Like they will give it to you. Who is to say that the plate info is the correct one?

Years ago I had some jackass rear end me while I was stuck in traffic on a freeway.  After moving to the side of the road to exchange info, he decided to take off and I took off after him documenting his info and taking photos via a film SLR camera.  While I filed a police report and insurance claim with make/model/plate/etc, the insurance company did nothing and provided me with nothing, other than a $250 bill for an uninsured motorist claim.  After going back and forth, I tracked down the driver via a PI and found the vehicle and drove to their house.  After providing photos of my vehicle and the suspect vehicle, still nothing.  They could not even tell me if the perp had insurance.  So I said fuck it and extracted my $250 out of the perp's vehicle.  Next time I would have been better off either 1)Just taking the insurance agent hostage and out to the perp's vehicle thus getting my justice that way to ensure that they represented me as their client  or 2)Just killing off the perp hit/run driver in the first place.  I would have absolutely no problem either way back then and still don't.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You would

LA insurance is whack!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea

You would

LA insurance is whack!

Yeah I know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just experienced a new one myself.  

A black sedan cut around me almost hitting my rear and front (car), then cut off several other vehicles almost hitting them.  The sedan got stuck behind some cars and ended up behind me on the exit ramp then almost hit me again as I exited onto the local road.  I honked then the car pulled up beside me and it was a black woman in the car with her cell phone out taking my picture or video. 

it was obvious she was trying to provoke a reaction so she could claim racism, since she had her phone ready so quickly.  I'm glad I didn't fall for it and only made the gesture police officers make signaling folks to slow down.  

It is really sad that some groups think this way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like they will give it to you. Who is to say that the plate info is the correct one?

Years ago I had some jackass rear end me while I was stuck in traffic on a freeway.  After moving to the side of the road to exchange info, he decided to take off and I took off after him documenting his info and taking photos via a film SLR camera.  While I filed a police report and insurance claim with make/model/plate/etc, the insurance company did nothing and provided me with nothing, other than a $250 bill for an uninsured motorist claim.  After going back and forth, I tracked down the driver via a PI and found the vehicle and drove to their house.  After providing photos of my vehicle and the suspect vehicle, still nothing.  They could not even tell me if the perp had insurance.  So I said fuck it and extracted my $250 out of the perp's vehicle.  Next time I would have been better off either 1)Just taking the insurance agent hostage and out to the perp's vehicle thus getting my justice that way to ensure that they represented me as their client  or 2)Just killing off the perp hit/run driver in the first place.  I would have absolutely no problem either way back then and still don't.
View Quote

That's why I take pictures of the vin plate & window stickers right after I get a picture of the plate now.

I had a guy driving a commercial box truck try to play a game - when the cop came he gave them photocopies of registration/insurance from a different truck & the cop didn't catch it.
Incorrect police report was turned over to my insurance.
Their insurance company rejected the claim saying it wasn't them.
Company owner denied that it was them.
I went right back to my broker with the pictures - they pulled it up & refiled the claim with the proper insurance company.
Company owner couldn't dispute my version of the events because he already said his driver wasn't involved - they were found 100% at fault.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Some asshole rammed the front of my car a year ago at the local store. They left and I didn't notice the damage until I went to a different store and had to walk around the front of the car. Fucked the bumper up on the passenger side, as well as damaging the sensors.

1300 bucks in damage.

Progressive paid the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would totally do that, if nothing else, just to fuck the other guy over.   But she's compulsively honest (you know her) and she would never even consider that.
View Quote

Not sure if I relayed the story or not.  When I was in NOVA my oldest was driving his girlfriend from school and got rear ended both of them were fine.  Killed my NA Miata, however  Anyway, his girlfriend's dad is a very successful personal injury attorney specializing in traffic accidents. He comes up to the accident scene and says, "You know, this just paid for 2 years at JMU if I wanted it to.  But I can't do that when its my own daughter.  I'm not that kind of crook.  But, if you ever find yourself in this position, tell the cops you have tingling in your hands and toes."

So this incident kinda reminds me of that one.

I so do NOT miss driving in NOVA.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a car camera.  It works wonders for this type of shit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lol - one headlight for that car is apparently $4500 just in parts.  
View Quote
Isn't your Panamera older, and golder?  How much was it worth last week?

Take the money.

Sell busted car to Russians.

Buy new car.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#19]
She's driving a Porsche through a high crime part of Baltimore AND she's stopping at lights?

She's just begging to be carjacked.

She's probably lucky he drove off.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good she didn't get hurt.I bet the guy doesn't have any insurance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Don't be so hasty. Whiplash can take a day or so.

OP
Was he a white man? In a new Cadillac?

Quoted:
Demographic left out too.  Around my AO illegals hit and run all day every day.  There is absolutely no penalty.  No investigation at all if no injury.  The cop won't even take a report in the city.  
Illegal rear ended a co-worker's car once. For some strange reason he didn't boogie. No insurance, no DL. Co-worker told me the illegal drove off. I asked him, "No license, no insurance? How does a cop let him do that."
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I saw your wife.

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Serious: glad she wasn't hurt and everything wen't so well.
Lighter side: so she didn't honk as him?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Update for anyone interested:

Insurance company estimate says that repairs will cost about $1000 - they just want to try to repair the body panel covering the bumper

The Porsche-certified body shop estimate says that repairs will cost almost $8000 - because the body panel needs to be replaced, and all sorts of sensors need to be replaced, the headlight washers need to be replaced, etc.  (fortunately, the $4500 headlight itself does not need to be replaced).

I guess we'll find out if our insurance is good or not.  
View Quote
That's one hell of a pricey bumper cover for 8k
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Car accidents are the worst. I got rear ended earlier this month. I'm in my pick-up and he was in a small car. I just wanted to drive off. I had a long day ahead of me and didn't want to bother with it.

Hell, I took two weeks to start the claim process because I just didn't want to do it. I honestly didn't care.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#30]
FYI if someone can hit your car and drive away I'm convinced they will 99% of the time.  And the 1% that don't will file a false report if they are at fault and get your insurance run up on you.  That's the only kinds of accidents I've heard of in the last 5 years. I've never seen a note left on a parked car that was hit and took off.  Never in my life. My own cars have been damaged probably 20 times, no one ever paid a dime for any of it. Not once.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hah, just for you, here's a couple of pictures of my wife:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1715/3651.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1715/11810.JPG
Are those COC compliant? I think I saw ankle and the turtle is buck naked?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
She's driving a Porsche through a high crime part of Baltimore AND she's stopping at lights?

She's just begging to be carjacked.

She's probably lucky he drove off.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Leaving the Scene

§ 46.2-894. Duty of driver to stop, etc., in event of accident involving injury or death or damage to attended property; penalty.

Over $1,000 class 5 felony.

Under $1,000 class 1 misdemeanor.

Both require a court appearance.
View Quote
Pretty sure he stopped, assessed for damage and didn't see any so he was free to leave.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#34]
This is why I drive a beat to shit 1986 Ford F150, straight 6, offenhauser intake and exhaust, 4 bbl Edelbrock Carb. I think its lifted. It used to blue and grey before it was used as a painter's truck for a few years.

I had a lady exiting the passenger side of litte 4 door shitbox door ding me right before I got out of my truck. She looked me dead in the eye and said nothing. I waited till she got out of her car, then I got out of my truck, BANG! Oops!

Shopping car in the way? No problem!

I give no fucks about it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I watched an asshole back into my 3 week old Tundra TRD PRO and drive off last weekend. Cops were called and I got a police report and a report was filed for the assholes failure to leave Id. His name and address will be on the report. My insurance company does not seem to want to go after him. Small claims court here I come.
View Quote
Check to see if your state allows punitive damages in small claims.  (Many do, but you don't list a state.)  Let's say there's $1,000 dollars damage and your state's limit is $5,000.  So you sue for $1,000 general damages and $4,000 punitive damages as a punishment for the hit and run.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#36]
This reminds me I need to get a dashcam in my new truck.  Trying to decide if I should put the old crappy one from my old truck in or buy a new blackvue dashcam.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#37]
My wife was the 2nd car at a stop sign.
Guy driving a classic British MG sports car came around the corner fast and wanged the rear door of her Ford.
The guy took off.

My wife did a quick 180 and followed him to his house.
When she got there the guy was putting a cover over his MG.
She blocked his driveway and called the police .

Our local police are very responsive and got there pronto.
Seems the guy had been drinkinhg as he got arrested.

Police told my wife it was dangerous to follow the guy.
My wife told them she has a permit to carry.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My wife was the 2nd car at a stop sign.
Guy driving a classic British MG sports car came around the corner fast and wanged the rear door of her Ford.
The guy took off.

My wife did a quick 180 and followed him to his house.
When she got there the guy was putting a cover over his MG.
She blocked his driveway and called the police .

Our local police are very responsive and got there pronto.
Seems the guy had been drinkinhg as he got arrested.

Police told my wife it was dangerous to follow the guy.
My wife told them she has a permit to carry.
View Quote
Yeah, try that in Maryland DC area.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Good to hear.  If I was your insurance company, I wouldn't want to lose you two as customers.

Not to brag or nothing, but when my miata got mushed (25 years old at the time) USAA got me a BMW M as a rental because the miata was considered a "sports car"
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#41]
I had it happen to me. Some bitch bumped into me on a STOP & GO moving Interstate. I pulled to the shoulder and she did too. Then she pulled right back into traffic, into the HOV lane where she could get some speed to make her escape. Basically, she just pretended to do the right (legal) thing until all potential witnesses had moved on. The damage was minor (a slightly crooked bumper) but still, what a cunt!

The thing is, if she had just done the right thing, I would have told her not to worry about it. My car is 11 years old and has enough dings and scratches that I really wouldn't have cared. It was the manner in which she got away with it that pissed me off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We went to get an estimate from the certified Porsche body shop today (also a place that does Aston Martin, Bentley, Lambo, etc.)

They basically told us that if we get the estimate from them, the insurance company will deny it.

Instead, we have to go to the insurance company recommended shop, and get an estimate from them.  THEN we take it to the Porsche certified shop, and then they file a supplemental claim - and then take the car apart and have the insurance company rep come out and look at it and explain why it's going to be more expensive than they thought.

So now we have to waste our time driving out to the insurance company recommended shop for the estimate.  Irritating.

However, from talking to the insurance company, it does seem that they will try to track down the car/owner (since they have the license plate number and police report) - and if it turns out that it's an uninsured guy, then we don't have to pay our deductible, so that would be awesome.  Fingers crossed.
View Quote
I think that is SOP for the insurance agencies these days.   I got rear ended earlier this year in my 11 year old 175K mile Nissan Frontier.    They pulled the same shit.    I think it it basically to weed out the people who say "Fuck it, I'd rather have 800 bucks in my pocket and drive with a bent bumper" vs the folks who say "No, I actually want my car fixed".
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Update:  My wife reports that the Chevy Cruze rental is not quite as nice as her Panamera.  

Good news, however.

First, the insurance company has accepted the "supplemental" cost submitted by the Porsche-certified body shop, so they accept that it's going to cost close to $8k to repair the damage, as opposed to the $900 they initially said.

Second, as soon as we get the police report (confirming that it was a hit-and-run) to the insurance company, the "uninsured motorist" part of our insurance policy will kick in, and we will NOT have to pay our deductible.

So everything seems to be going in the right direction, even if annoyingly slow.
View Quote
When my wife's SUV was in an accident she got some BS car for a rental. We said look, we are going on a 4 day camping trip and this isn't going to work. They gave us a brand new Jeep Wrangler! Wife fell in love with it and wanted one until she saw the prices.

Good luck on getting everything squared away and glad your wife wasn't hurt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Get a dash cam.

Better yet, get two, one for the rear too.

Don't gotta scramble to get plates or explain what happened if you have high quality video of it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#45]
On my most recent hit and run, they hit my rear bumper in stop-and-go traffic. I turned and looked at them and they tried to communicate to me. I made a right turn to park somewhere, and they followed.

I signaled that I was turning into a parking lot to get their info. They turned on their turn signal, waited until I was 90° to the road, and floored it. No way I was going to catch them. Fucking assholes.

Lesson learned. If someone hits you from behind, don't trust they'll follow you. Put it in park, get their plate, and make a scene right there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Glad to hear the insurance process is (so far) going well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#47]
In San Antonio you can do this as much as you want. I know a woman who was rear-ended on the highway so hard that the whole front bumper cover from the other car was torn off and laying on the shoulder. The other car crossed the median onto the access road and made a getaway. She took the person's front license plate to the police and they were like, oh well, whatever.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Get a dash cam.

Better yet, get two, one for the rear too.

Don't gotta scramble to get plates or explain what happened if you have high quality video of it.
View Quote
While it's always good to have video, no one will do anything with it in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Demographic left out too.  Around my AO illegals hit and run all day every day.  There is absolutely no penalty.  No investigation at all if no injury.  The cop won't even take a report in the city.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same in California.

It is kind of a right of passage here to get hit by an uninsured, unlicensed illegal and have the cops do absolutely nothing about it.
Bonus points when the cops show up, pat the little amigo on the head and send him on his way.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
On my most recent hit and run, they hit my rear bumper in stop-and-go traffic. I turned and looked at them and they tried to communicate to me. I made a right turn to park somewhere, and they followed.

I signaled that I was turning into a parking lot to get their info. They turned on their turn signal, waited until I was 90° to the road, and floored it. No way I was going to catch them. Fucking assholes.

Lesson learned. If someone hits you from behind, don't trust they'll follow you. Put it in park, get their plate, and make a scene right there.
View Quote
Had some kid try to pull that shit after he rear ended me in traffic. He hit me hard enough that I figured my truck was totalled so I went tearing ass after him and pinched him in against a k rail on an off ramp. I was pissed enough that had he not stopped I probably would have hit his car.

16 year old kid that was scared shitless. It was his 3rd accident in the Camaro his dad bought him.

Dad paid me a pretty good chunk of cash to resolve the issue. He is damn lucky Junior didn't wind up in jail.
Page / 3
Top Top