Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/15/2017 5:43:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Good she didn't get hurt.I bet the guy doesn't have any insurance
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear your wife's ok and hopefully the asshole gets whats coming to him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
So what was the guy's license suspended for?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched an asshole back into my 3 week old Tundra TRD PRO and drive off last weekend. Cops were called and I got a police report and a report was filed for the assholes failure to leave Id. His name and address will be on the report. My insurance company does not seem to want to go after him. Small claims court here I come.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If he doesn't have insurance I hope you sue him and get a judgment filed against him.

Geico did that to the asshat that almost killed me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn same thing happened toy business partners truck today.  Cadillac hit and run, broke down not far away and police got them.  They had State Farm have no idea why they drove off, she said she panicked.  it was a woman on her way to work.  As a bonus she worked for the city .gov in the city this occurred.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]
We really are getting to the point that they need to do something about uninsured motorists.  Pretty much anyone I know that gets in an accident these days the people run, or don't have insurance.  The police don't do a damned thing about it.  Insurance companies don't seem to give a shit so we just end up paying more insurance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We really are getting to the point that they need to do something about uninsured motorists.  Pretty much anyone I know that gets in an accident these days the people run, or don't have insurance.  The police don't do a damned thing about it.  Insurance companies don't seem to give a shit so we just end up paying more insurance.
View Quote

More than one state requires insurance to get tags or a license and LE will come get your car tag if you lose insurance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

More than one state requires insurance to get tags or a license and LE will come get your car tag if you lose insurance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like that idea
View Quote

You would

LA insurance is whack!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I like that idea
View Quote
VA doesn't require insurance if you pay the "uninsured motorist" fee.  I doubt this character did that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#17]
What in the world...yo ducker, are you like above the law or what? You make us follow the rule, why come you don't?

Glad your SO is ok, glad the witnes stopped as well...
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
We have Rules round here...

Pic's of Wife not Loading
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad it was just a small bang and nothing serious
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Either a suv or truck backed into my 2 yr old altima in a parking lot and drove off without leaving a note.  I paid my $500 deductible to get it fixed and not even 3 months later someone backed into it again in a different parking lot.  Still driving around with a messed up bumper.  Hit and run drivers suck.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#21]
New Panamera time?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#22]
You should ban him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Leaving the Scene

§ 46.2-894. Duty of driver to stop, etc., in event of accident involving injury or death or damage to attended property; penalty.

Over $1,000 class 5 felony.

Under $1,000 class 1 misdemeanor.

Both require a court appearance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I work construction and there are tons of idiots/people that don't give a shit about others things.

I have been door dinged at least once.

Question: how minor of a "hit and run" do you report??

I try to park my truck in spots where nobody else can, but they always seem to slide right next to me

Really getting sick of people not paying attention or realizing I need this truck to last the next 10yrs. Not next 10mins
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Demographic left out too.  Around my AO illegals hit and run all day every day.  There is absolutely no penalty.  No investigation at all if no injury.  The cop won't even take a report in the city.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I work construction and there are tons of idiots/people that don't give a shit about others things.

I try to park my truck in spots where nobody else can, but they always seem to slide right next to me

Really getting sick of people not paying attention or realizing I need this truck to last the next 10yrs. Not next 10mins
View Quote
Insurance companies do not consider a door ding a collision.  Even if they cave your door in with theirs.  Comprehensive deductible applies and it is on your dime. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Get a dash cam, they can run all they want!  Glad another person stepped up for her, but that is rare.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#28]
All my cars and trucks have dash cams for this reason.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I watched an asshole back into my 3 week old Tundra TRD PRO and drive off last weekend. Cops were called and I got a police report and a report was filed for the assholes failure to leave Id. His name and address will be on the report. My insurance company does not seem to want to go after him. Small claims court here I come.
View Quote

My inner self screams that's grounds for a mag dump. Inner selves will get you sent to jail however.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I got hit IN FRONT of a policeman. He pulled the guy over (after he fled,) then came back and told me the guy doesn't have insurance. Asked if I wanted to press charges. I said "Yes," and the cop looked over at the parking lot and the guy had left again.

So he said "well, we'll see if we find him again I guess?"

Nope. They didn't.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You should ban him.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#32]
What did she know about Hillary Clinton?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Insurance companies do not consider a door ding a collision.  Even if they cave your door in with theirs.  Comprehensive deductible applies and it is on your dime. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of figured not much would happen but it would be nice for a hefty fine for inattentive driving or something, no wonder people think they don't have to pay attention or give a shit about other peoples things
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got hit IN FRONT of a policeman. He pulled the guy over (after he fled,) then came back and told me the guy doesn't have insurance. Asked if I wanted to press charges. I said "Yes," and the cop looked over at the parking lot and the guy had left again.

So he said "well, we'll see if we find him again I guess?"

Nope. They didn't.
View Quote

Of course not. It's not worth their time, which is why the guy will continue to do it to others.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Of course not. It's not worth their time, which is why the guy will continue to do it to others.
View Quote

The thing that actually makes me laugh to this day, was when the cop looked up and saw the guy fled for a second time, he chuckled and said "well there he goes!"

Yep, there he went.

Cost me 500 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Get a dash cam installed. Can be done for about $100 and 30 mins of your time :)

I had someone pull out in front of me yesterday. I saw it happening and tried to swerve, but had a car in the lane next to me so couldn't move far enough. Guy tried to tell the officer (that I called when he insisted we didn't need police to handle it) that I must have been speeding and driving recklessly because he never saw me. It was a good moment, him accusing me in front of me and the officer, and then me inviting the office to review the dash cam footage of the accident. Guy got a ticket for failure to yield right of way, doubled due to construction zone. ', '' );" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#37]
TAKE YOUR WIFE TO AN ER OR 24 HOUR CLINIC NOW!!!

In most states, leaving the scene of an injury MVA is a felony. Otherwise, you've got a civil tort claim at best.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Running away from accidents is much too common in Houston.

This link is to a running list of PD and FD traffic and EMS related incidents.  Right now I only see three FSGI or FSRA incidents listed.  This is unusually low, it is not unusual to see six to ten on the page.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Couple of tenants at the building I work in. I had just pulled into a spot. Lady next to me swings her door open, nails my SUV. She looks at me, and just kept walking - to a neighboring business.  She was also walking slowly,  I remember a cane or limp or something.  I get out, see that it didn't leave a dent and only a minor scratch. I backed out of the spot, turned my mirror in, and parked my SUV within inches of her drivers door. Her fat ass was going to have to crawl through the passangers sear.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Not the porsche!  Oh and i bope the tingling in her toes.gets.better
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The thing that actually makes me laugh to this day, was when the cop looked up and saw the guy fled for a second time, he chuckled and said "well there he goes!"

Yep, there he went.

Cost me 500 bucks.
View Quote

Man, I tell you, that is the type of stuff that REALLY pisses me off.

If that was his vehicle/$500 he probably wouldn't have been chuckling
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wife just called.

So she's sitting at at a light, waiting for it to change, and the idiot next to her decides he wants to go in the other direction.  He tries to turn around, but doesn't make it, so backs up in order to get more room - and backs right into the front/fender of my wife's car.

Here's the really bizarre part - he opens his door and leans out of his car so he can look back and see if there's damage.  He looks at the damage, then looks at my wife ... and the drives off.  

Fortunately, my wife had noticed a cop sitting a block back, so she eventually was able to turn around and go talk to him,  EVEN BETTER however, is that the car behind my wife also drove to the cop, said he had seen everything, and gave the license plate number and make/model of the car to the cop.  

So hopefully the asshole will get a nice criminal charge and fine out of it - and perhaps my wife will be able to get his insurance information from the police, so that our insurance co can go after him.  We'd obviously prefer not to have to pay our deductible.  

tl;dr - my wife interacted with a giant asshole and a really nice person today.
View Quote

All you need is the plate # - your insurance company can give you his company and/or policy #.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

All you need is the plate # - your insurance company can give you his company and/or policy #.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife just called.

So she's sitting at at a light, waiting for it to change, and the idiot next to her decides he wants to go in the other direction.  He tries to turn around, but doesn't make it, so backs up in order to get more room - and backs right into the front/fender of my wife's car.

Here's the really bizarre part - he opens his door and leans out of his car so he can look back and see if there's damage.  He looks at the damage, then looks at my wife ... and the drives off.  

Fortunately, my wife had noticed a cop sitting a block back, so she eventually was able to turn around and go talk to him,  EVEN BETTER however, is that the car behind my wife also drove to the cop, said he had seen everything, and gave the license plate number and make/model of the car to the cop.  

So hopefully the asshole will get a nice criminal charge and fine out of it - and perhaps my wife will be able to get his insurance information from the police, so that our insurance co can go after him.  We'd obviously prefer not to have to pay our deductible.  

tl;dr - my wife interacted with a giant asshole and a really nice person today.

LOL Since when?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#45]
was it the Porsche ?

glad she did not get hurt
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This actually happened in MD.  She works at Univ. of Maryland.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea
VA doesn't require insurance if you pay the "uninsured motorist" fee.  I doubt this character did that.

This actually happened in MD.  She works at Univ. of Maryland.

As someone who worked for the MVA in Maryland for a very short period, Maryland will absolutely fine the shit out of you for having a registered vehicle with no insurance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks, me too.  

And yeah, it was the Porsche.  
View Quote

You told me she hand tingling in her fingers and toes.  

Better get that checked out.  I know a guy
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#50]
How sketchy did the guy look?

As somebody who's been hit multiple times in the DC area, it seems the sketchier a guy looks the more likely they'll have insurance.

Guy who could barely speak English driving a piece of shit beater that hit me in the side? Good insurance.

Lady driving a well taken care of two door on I-295? Bullshit insurance card.

I don't know why. This area is just fucked up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top