Bills 45/1
Jets 80/1
Browns 150/1
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Panthers are quietly building back up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Nick Foles is returning to Philadelphia on an $11M/2 year deal.

Kind of a lot of money considering two years ago Foles was benched by the Rams before being released and last year he was with the Chiefs making $1.75M a season.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kind of a lot of money considering two years ago Foles was benched by the Rams before being released and last year he was with the Chiefs making $1.75M a season.
View Quote

What happened to him?  I remember he exploded one year and lighting up the field for 7 TDs I believe and that was about it after that season where he became the starter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What happened to him?  I remember he exploded one year and lighting up the field for 7 TDs I believe and that was about it after that season where he became the starter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That season was a flash in the pan and the Eagles knew it.  Which is why they were more than happy to trade Foles for an average (at best) QB that up to that point in his career was, IIRC, so injury prone that he was averaging about 9 games a season.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Good lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Hell of a player.  Kind of funny to think of 34 as being "old."

Retired at 34 worth $30M+ and now can spend as much time with his family as he wants.  Good for him.

Edit: NVM, I just saw he got divorced back 2012.  I guess then he can enjoy his tens of millions of dollars, spend as much time with smoking hot 20-somethings as he wants, and see his kids on the weekends.  Still not a bad gig.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Retired at 34 worth $30M+ and now can spend as much time with his family as he wants.  Good for him.

Edit: NVM, I just saw he got divorced back 2012.  I guess then he can enjoy his tens of millions of dollars, spend as much time with smoking hot 20-somethings as he wants, and see his kids on the weekends.  Still not a bad gig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

wasn't one of his kids really sick?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall that, but I do remember reading that his wife had like 4 miscarriages.  That's gotta take a toll on a marriage.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Eddie Lacey signs 1 year 5.5M deal with Seahawks.

eta - and I don't know why they're going after another RB.  Procise and Rawls are pretty damn good in their own right unless they want a 3 headed committee or concerned about procise health/durability.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
C'mon Zeke WTF. Is it that hard to act right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hell of a player. Kind of funny to think of 34 as being "old."

Retired at 34 worth $30M+ and now can spend as much time with his family as he wants. Good for him.

Edit: NVM, I just saw he got divorced back 2012. I guess then he can enjoy his tens of millions of dollars, spend as much time with smoking hot 20-somethings as he wants, and see his kids on the weekends. Still not a bad gig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Retired at 34 worth $30M+ and now can spend as much time with his family as he wants. Good for him.

Edit: NVM, I just saw he got divorced back 2012. I guess then he can enjoy his tens of millions of dollars, spend as much time with smoking hot 20-somethings as he wants, and see his kids on the weekends. Still not a bad gig.
I was really hoping he would come back to the Cowboys on a one-year contract and retire as one. 
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
C'mon Zeke WTF. Is it that hard to act right?
View Quote

I guess it's too much to ask that both of our rookie phenoms behave.  

Not making excuses for him, but I think almost all of us did some pretty stupid things when we were 21 and we didn't have hot women throwing themselves at us left and right, everyone trying to be our "friend," and millions of dollars to have fun with.

Hopefully he can get his shit together like Dez did.  I think Dak could help with that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was really hoping he would come back to the Cowboys on a one-year contract and retire as one. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was healthy that would have been nice, but his body is failing him and he knows it.  Which I imagine is the primary reason he is walking away from guaranteed money to play on a Super Bowl contender.

I saw where Jerry offered him a one day contract like he did with Emmitt Smith so Ware still might retire a Cowboy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not making excuses for him, but I think almost all of us did some pretty stupid things when we were 21 and we didn't have hot women throwing themselves at us left and right, everyone trying to be our "friend," and millions of dollars to have fun with.

Hopefully he can get his shit together like Dez did.  I think Dak could help with that.
View Quote

I disagree with you a little.  It's 2017 for fuck's sake.  Everybody knows cellphones have cameras, the existence of social media and TMZ.  I'm 100% positive the NFL and each team has rookie summits for new athletes about policy and the dangers of being in public and misbehaving.

Of course nearly everybody at 21 has made questionable choices under the influence of drugs, alcohol or testosterone but we're not talking about normal kids.  This is the NFL and if you don't know that you're under as much public scrutiny as actors/musicians/celebrities, then you're an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I disagree with you a little.  It's 2017 for fuck's sake.  Everybody knows cellphones have cameras, the existence of social media and TMZ.  I'm 100% positive the NFL and each team has rookie summits for new athletes about policy and the dangers of being in public and misbehaving.

Of course nearly everybody at 21 has made questionable choices under the influence of drugs, alcohol or testosterone but we're not talking about normal kids.  This is the NFL and if you don't know that you're under as much public scrutiny as actors/musicians/celebrities, then you're an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course they know.  Everyone knows.  That doesn't mean they going to make good choices all the time because of it.  They might not be "normal" kids, but they are still kids. And it's not just the rookies.  Last season there was a franchise QB that's been in the NFL for the better half of a decade that missed team curfew because he was at a titty bar. Hell, there are some players pissing away millions of dollars because they simply won't stop smoking weed.

But like I said, I'm not making excuses for him.  Just trying to put things into perspective to counter those acting like this is the Ray Rice elevator incident 2.0.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Of course they know.  Everyone knows.  That doesn't mean they going to make good choices all the time because of it.  They might not be "normal" kids, but they are still kids. And it's not just the rookies.  Last season there was a franchise QB that's been in the NFL for the better half of a decade that missed team curfew because he was at a titty bar. Hell, there are some players pissing away millions of dollars because they simply won't stop smoking weed.

But like I said, I'm not making excuses for him.  Just trying to put things into perspective to counter those acting like this is the Ray Rice elevator incident 2.0.
View Quote

No doubt.  Not even close to anything like Rice.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#21]
In other news: how you feeling about the Ronald Leary 4 year/$36M deal?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait and see at this point.  No doubt hell help but that's a lot of money.  He still young but I seem to remember some injury issues in his career.  I'm glad we let Okung walk at LT.  

Great to be making changes on the line but we still ain't got shit for QB.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait and see at this point.  No doubt hell help but that's a lot of money.  He still young but I seem to remember some injury issues in his career.  I'm glad we let Okung walk at LT.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that did seem like they overpaid for him, but that almost always happens in free agency and there aren't many good O-lineman available. Kind of crazy to think he started the season as an undrafted backup and then in the offseason he signs a 4 year/$36M deal making him one of the highest paid guards in the NFL.

He's a good player no doubt, but I'm curious to see how he performs when he doesn't have an All-Pro tackle to the left of him and an All-Pro center to the right of him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

>glad he got rewarded for his hard work.

>wish he was still a cowboy.

>glad the cowboys didn't pay that much.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. The free-agent market for offensive linemen was killer this year. Running backs, not so much.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#26]
From 2011-2016 the Jaguars lead the NFL total value of free agent contracts ($660M) and free agent guaranteed money ($238M).

During that same time period they are dead last in winning percentage (.229).
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
From 2011-2016 the Jaguars lead the NFL total value of free agent contracts ($660M) and free agent guaranteed money ($238M).

View Quote

And yet the Jaguars have managed to win 2 more playoff games than the Cowboys since 1996.

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And yet the Jaguars have managed to win 2 more playoff games than the Cowboys since 1996.

View Quote
You're a mean spirited person 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:24:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dagger, you kinda remind me of a high school girl that got dumped by a guy, claims to hate him, and yet she eagerly awaits any opportunity to shoe horn him into a conversation just so she can talk about him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Shit, no one wanted to mention that Dont'a Hightower has resigned with the Patriots?

4 years, $43.5 mil, $19 mil guaranteed.

That means in this free agency the Patriots have either retained or acquired: WR Brandin Cooks, DE Kony Ealy, TE Dwayne Allen, CB Stephon Gilmore, LB Dont'a Hightower, RB Rex Burkhead, DL Lawrence Guy, DT Alan Branch, CB Malcolm Butler (for now) and FB James Devlin.

Patriot Nation man. Can I get a high five?

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shit, no one wanted to mention that Dont'a Hightower has resigned with the Patriots?

That means in this free agency the Patriots have either retained or acquired: WR Brandin Cooks, DE Kony Ealy, TE Dwayne Allen, CB Stephon Gilmore, LB Dont'a Hightower, RB Rex Burkhead, DL Lawrence Guy, DT Alan Branch, CB Malcolm Butler (for now) and FB James Devlin.

http://i.giphy.com/vRqGg8b4XdK36.gif
View Quote

I like waking up to great news!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.giphy.com/vRqGg8b4XdK36.gif

As always, Belichick is playing 4 dimensional chess while everyone else is still setting up the checker board.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
As always, Belichick is playing 4 dimensional chess while everyone else is still setting up the checker board.
View Quote

Agree. They made out like bandits. I'm sure Brady not commanding huge salary has a lot to do with it as well. Win championships is the goal. And it's working.  Dynasty. Rumors are Brady wouldn't be what he is if he was drafted by another team. They win with their backup.

Member when Brady was out most if not all season?  I member
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#35]
As Much As I hate the Patriots (going back to the Panthers SB loss to them), they have been dominate, and Brady is likely the best QB of all time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Agree. They made out like bandits. I'm sure Brady not commanding huge salary has a lot to do with it as well. Win championships is the goal. And it's working.  Dynasty. Rumors are Brady wouldn't be what he is if he was drafted by another team. They win with their backup.

Member when Brady was out most if not all season?  I member
View Quote

I remember them not making the playoffs that year. They only failed to make the post season once under Brady.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#37]
redskins released ricky jean francois...

hopefully they can get after Poe or someone to get after QBs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
redskins released ricky jean francois...

hopefully they can get after Poe or someone to get after QBs.
View Quote
Poe is going to Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#39]
The Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul have reportedly agreed to a 4 year deal for roughly $68M with a ridiculous $54M guaranteed.

If this is true I suspect JPP or his agent has incriminating and/or embarrassing evidence against whoever is in charge of contract negotiations for the Giants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bolder prediction.  Browns will screw up 1st pick.  

If they do, then I am officially done with them.  30+ years of suffering has me on the edge.  Luckily, my Mom also raised me as a Cowboys fan so things are looking up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bold prediction.

49ers will FINALLY get rid of Commie Kap.

If they do, then I am officially done with them.  30+ years of suffering has me on the edge.  Luckily, my Mom also raised me as a Cowboys fan so things are looking up!
All the mock drafts look like they will go with Myles Garrett.

Poor young man.

Listen to me Browns, your last Aggie was a disaster, please, for the love of all that's Holy, don't take a chance on another Aggie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Poor young man.

Listen to me Browns, your last Aggie was a disaster, please, for the love of all that's Holy, don't take a chance on another Aggie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bold prediction.

49ers will FINALLY get rid of Commie Kap.

Poor young man.

There's not a player on the board that's worth trading up to get the first pick so Garrett will most likely be a Brown.  Unless of course he gets his wish and the Cowboys trade up to get him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Man, I know the Cowboys are tight on cap space, but pretty much the entire starting secondary is gone. I really wish they would have kept Barry Church at least. This year is gonna be rough(er) defensively.
If Zeke gets suspended for his off-field antics, the 'Boys are in deep shit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Man, I know the Cowboys are tight on cap space, but pretty much the entire starting secondary is gone. I really wish they would have kept Barry Church at least. This year is gonna be rough(er) defensively.
If Zeke gets suspended for his off-field antics, the 'Boys are in deep shit.
View Quote
Church is the only one I wish they kept. Brandon Carr's only contribution during his 5 years with the Cowboys was being the guy OBJ made his circus catch on and Morris Claiborne's career was such a disappointment that a season in which he played average and was injured for about half of it was considered a "breakout" season.  I didn't look up the numbers, but over the past 4 years I'd be surprised if they had 5 interceptions between them.

I'm not too worried about Zeke.  Even if Goodell goes all "I AM THE LAW" and Zeke gets suspended for a few games the Cowboys still have Morris (who is good enough to be a starter on some teams) if he's not traded and Run DMC (who had over 1,000 yards in 2015 despite it being running back by committee the first half of the season and teams loading the box because the backup QB's were terrible).  Dak is pretty much the only offensive player they can't afford to lose for any amount of time..... assuming of course Romo isn't there next season.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul have reportedly agreed to a 4 year deal for roughly $68M with a ridiculous $54M guaranteed.

If this is true I suspect JPP or his agent has incriminating and/or embarrassing evidence against whoever is in charge of contract negotiations for the Giants.
View Quote
Turns out the 4 year deal was for $62-66M with $40M guaranteed.  

Not as much as reported earlier, but still a lot to give a 7 fingered player that's had one good season in the past half decade.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Thus far I think the worst deal a team has signed this offseason has been the Dolphins giving Andre Branch a 3 year/$27M deal with $17M guaranteed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thus far I think the worst deal a team has signed this offseason has been the Dolphins giving Andre Branch a 3 year/$27M deal with $17M guaranteed.
View Quote
i counter with Cousins' two year $46 mil over the past two seasons..

i know you were talking just this season, but i can't think of a more fucked up contract negotiation in recent memory where a player will make out even bigger next year after making out with almost $50 guaranteed in just two seasons.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

i know you were talking just this season, but i can't think of a more fucked up contract negotiation in recent memory where a player will make out even bigger next year after making out with almost $50 guaranteed in just two seasons.
View Quote
Redskins gonna Redskin.  But I couldn't be more happy for Cousins.  Get paid and be set for life.  Good for him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
3 year 24 mill.  Seemed high to me as well. I thought 5 or 6 mil a year  but they like the guy and he did a good job last year when Mario Williams SUCKED it up. They say that was his market value so who knows. Trying to find a decent DE this free agency is hard. Good ones all got tagged. 
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Performance pay bonuses which are based on how much a player contributes relative to what their salary is:

#1 Brian Poole, CB, Falcons

Bonus: $371,783.11

#2 Dak Prescott, QB, Cowboys

Bonus: $353,544.57

#3 Anthony Brown, CB, Cowboys

Bonus: $346,198.12

#4 Ricardo Allen, S, Falcons

Bonus: $342,712.65

#5 David Andrews, C, Patriots

Bonus: $341,353.27

#1,476 Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys

Bonus: $64.11

#1,477 Chad Henne, QB, Jaguars

Bonus: $35.28
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's pretty brutal.  If they wanted to keep Cousins they are handling it pretty much the worst way possible from a financial POV.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top