BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think you can blame the (now ex) GM on that. It sounds like he's basically been MIA since Feb. I don't think he had anything to do with them tagging Cousins again. He's been out because his 'Grandma died' since some time in Feb. Given his past alcohol issues, it sounds more like he has been in rehab or something similar, again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Making Cousins one of the two highest paid players in the NFL over a two year period and still not even having him locked up long term probably didn't help.
I don't think you can blame the (now ex) GM on that. It sounds like he's basically been MIA since Feb. I don't think he had anything to do with them tagging Cousins again. He's been out because his 'Grandma died' since some time in Feb. Given his past alcohol issues, it sounds more like he has been in rehab or something similar, again.

i don't know what to believe coming out of the redskins camp, but i know one thing, Snyder and Allen fucked everything up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yea you guys might be boned. Where's Garçon goin?
View Quote

SF
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Making Cousins one of the two highest paid players in the NFL over a two year period and still not even having him locked up long term probably didn't help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

from what i can gather, and who knows what is true coming out of that organization, the contract snafu is more on Bruce Allen. apparently him and snyder have been under cutting scot for some time. Maybe he has been drinking again, which he has a problem with, but who knows what to believe.

it's also been reported that cousins' camp said he'd take a $60 mil three year extension last february. it's also been reported that cousins personally asked snyder to be traded to the niners.

the skins out redskined themselves by fucking up so royally on the first day of FA.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

from what i can gather, and who knows what is true coming out of that organization, the contract snafu is more on Bruce Allen. apparently him and snyder have been under cutting scot for some time. Maybe he has been drinking again, which he has a problem with, but who knows what to believe.

it's also been reported that cousins' camp said he'd take a $60 mil three year extension last february. it's also been reported that cousins personally asked snyder to be traded to the niners.

the skins out redskined themselves by fucking up so royally on the first day of FA.
View Quote

I really don't inderstand it either. Last year was the most formidable I can remember you guys looking in a long long time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i don't know what to believe coming out of the redskins camp, but i know one thing, Snyder and Allen fucked everything up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Skins are pretty well fucked for the next couple seasons.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see Kyle Juszczyk getting paid good money.  

He is a good guy and always comes back to his high school every year to host a youth camp.   The high school players help and he signs every autograph request.  I know there are lots of NFL guys that do this but my sons have met him and he's a good role model.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Skins should try to trade Cousins to the 49s for their 2nd pick and take Watson
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]
My guess is that Jerry has already had a deal made for Romo and it is probably final. He wants to wait until today or Monday to break the news so that it is the main headline. He doesn't want a bunch of other deals being talked about along with the blockbuster trade that sends Romo and a first round pick down to Houston and sends JJ Watt up to Dallas.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read that Cousins had requested being traded to the 9ers before they signed his three year deal.

It seems a little early for the Skins to be playing for a draft pick.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My guess is that Jerry has already had a deal made for Romo and it is probably final. He wants to wait until today or Monday to break the news so that it is the main headline. He doesn't want a bunch of other deals being talked about along with the blockbuster trade that sends Romo and a first round pick down to Houston and sends JJ Watt up to Dallas.
View Quote
If I was a Texans fan, I'd be pissed to lose Watt for Romo. I really don't see the Texans letting Watt go for a fragile QB that has, at most, a couple of seasons left in him. I am a big Romo fan, but not that big.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I was a Texans fan, I'd be pissed to lose Watt for Romo. I really don't see the Texans letting Watt go for a fragile QB that has, at most, a couple of seasons left in him. I am a big Romo fan, but not that big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing I'm a Cowboys fan
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
PLEASE

Sounds like he wants to reunite with Shannahan either this year or next once he's a FA.

I could see them waiting and holding on to that #2 pick and being patient.

Although I want Cousins NOW.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Isn't Watt the centerpiece of Houston's defense? Why would they trade him for a QB that's gonna break in half?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Isn't Watt the centerpiece of Houston's defense? Why would they trade him for a QB that's gonna break in half?
View Quote

Yes, it would be an incredibly stupid move.  Your trading away a super stud for somebody who's spine is made out of triskets (stolen from a member here).
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Cowboys fan I'd be pissed to trade a first round pick for JJ Watt and his massive contract.  JJ Watt of 2 years ago: absolutely.  JJ Watt with a fucked up back and a cloudy future: no thanks.

Sure it's possible he returns to form and plays at a defensive MVP level for 10 more years, but I seriously doubt it.  I think his best days are behind him and while Watt at 75% with serious injury concerns is still better than most other DE's, I don't think it's worth giving up a first round pick and then having to pay him $17M a season to get him.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As a Cowboys fan I'd be pissed to trade a first round pick for JJ Watt and his massive contract.  JJ Watt of 2 years ago: absolutely.  JJ Watt with a fucked up back and a cloudy future: no thanks.

Sure it's possible he returns to form and plays at a defensive MVP level for 10 more years, but I seriously doubt it.  I think his best days are behind him and while Watt at 75% with serious injury concerns is still better than most other DE's, I don't think it's worth giving up a first round pick and then having to pay him $17M a season to get him.
View Quote

Not only that but I don't think you guys really need him.  Use that 1st round to get a great LB or pass rusher.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whenever he is healthy and not recovering from his latest major back surgery he is.

The Texans defensive did just fine without Watt last season and the offense probably would have been good if they had even an average QB.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not only that but I don't think you guys really need him.  Use that 1st round to get a great LB or pass rusher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt the Cowboys could definitely use Watt,  but with his fucked up back I just don't think he's worth a first round pick when you're also going to have to pay him $17M a season.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So, are you from NE area or just picked a winning team to become a fan of?
View Quote

Don't get upset Larry. I am from New England and have always been a patriots fan. For what it's worth I was thrilled that the patriots and the Falcons ended up in the Super Bowl. Good luck next year .
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, it would be an incredibly stupid move.  Your trading away a super stud for somebody who's spine is made out of triskets (stolen from a member here).
View Quote

Neither of their spines are what they used to be. How many games has Watt missed in the last two years?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hauschka to the bills
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody want to take a guess where RGIII ends up?  And...will he be a starter?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#23]
The Browns currently have EIGHT picks in the first two rounds of the next two drafts.

Though I suppose it doesn't much matter how many rounds are in a gun if the person shooting it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Skins sign Terrelle Pryor, one year eight mil. Clearly makes up for the loss of d jax and garçon.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Terrell Pryor inks one year, 8 mill deal with Redskins.  He was the highest receiver on FA left.

eta - fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

chances are, you're not going to find a great pass rusher at 28.  that's more 'solid starter' territory.  a big problem is that the draft is exceptionally deep in the secondary, so there's a good chance that every team might push corners/safeties down the board and concentrate on the small pool of edge rushers in the first.

if that's the case, then i'd like to see DAL go secondary in both the first and second rounds.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Skins sign Terrelle Pryor, one year eight mil. Clearly makes up for the loss of d jax and garçon.
View Quote

I have no idea why the browns let their homegrown talent, which is very little, go after they develop them. They let 2 of their linemen walk last year, this year we sign new ones to deals that cost more.

Also pick up osweilers 16 million for a second round pick, but can't franchise Pryor or sign to a deal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

chances are, you're not going to find a great pass rusher at 28. that's more 'solid starter' territory. a big problem is that the draft is exceptionally deep in the secondary, so there's a good chance that every team might push corners/safeties down the board and concentrate on the small pool of edge rushers in the first.

if that's the case, then i'd like to see DAL go secondary in both the first and second rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only that but I don't think you guys really need him. Use that 1st round to get a great LB or pass rusher.

chances are, you're not going to find a great pass rusher at 28. that's more 'solid starter' territory. a big problem is that the draft is exceptionally deep in the secondary, so there's a good chance that every team might push corners/safeties down the board and concentrate on the small pool of edge rushers in the first.

Dallas needs secondary help almost as much as a pass rusher, especially since Barry Church left. On the other hand, part of the reason, IMO, they have secondary issues is they are all exhausted because they don't have a pass rush worth a damn.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't get upset Larry. I am from New England and have always been a patriots fan. For what it's worth I was thrilled that the patriots and the Falcons ended up in the Super Bowl. Good luck next year .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, are you from NE area or just picked a winning team to become a fan of?

Didn't get upset, just asked you a question.

You answered.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have no idea why the browns let their homegrown talent, which is very little, go after they develop them. They let 2 of their linemen walk last year, this year we sign new ones to deals that cost more.

Also pick up osweilers 16 million for a second round pick, but can't franchise Pryor or sign to a deal.
View Quote

pryor isn't homegrown, although his move to WR (after years of refusal) happened immediately after being cut by cincinnati.  pryor wanted top money, so CLE was faced with a choice of paying a converted QB after only 1 season of quality production, or dumping him.  dumping him was probably the right move, allowing the brownies to spend money elsewhere.

this is where the osweiler deal fits in.  it seems pretty evident that they don't want osweiler--they just used the cap space to buy another high draft pick.  since they've been pretty bad historically at talent evaluation, drafting via the shotgun approach makes sense: more picks equals a higher chance of success.  over the next 2 years, CLE now has 3 x 1st round picks and 5 x 2nd round picks.  that's just unreal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dallas needs secondary help almost as much as a pass rusher, especially since Barry Church left. On the other hand, part of the reason, IMO, they have secondary issues is they are all exhausted because they don't have a pass rush worth a damn.
View Quote

it's weird.  DAL's pass rush sucks, except that they were 13th in the league last year--better than either super bowl team.  and per PFF, they had the best overall secondary in the league last year.  but objectively speaking, both of those units desperately need help.  if they can't get harris, barnett, or taco, i'd like to see them pick up jabrill peppers in the 1st and a corner in the 2nd.  just pull a parcells and spend the entire draft on the defense (except maybe a WR in the 6th).

was glad to see church get paid, but it really sucks to lose him.  he has been a warrior and leader on that squad for a long time.  same with leary--DAL was right not to pay him (frederick is only making like a half-million more), but he has been busting ass for peanuts for a long time now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

In addition to giving up their first round pick to get Cooks the Pats also reportedly gave up their third round pick.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Former Patriots TE Martellus Bennett is headed to the Packers
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Cowboys signed Terrance Williams to a 4 year/$17M deal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In addition to giving up their first round pick to get Cooks the Pats also reportedly gave up their third round pick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking brilliant. 4d chess right there. As a colts fan I hate the pats. But damn if they aren't the master of personnel. I actually like watching them as perfection of the game.

Give Brady time with speedy route runners and he'll pick you apart. See last Super Bowl. To beat the pats you need to be in Brady's face every single down. Send 7.

Doesn't bellicheat have huge influence on personnel moves?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

nothing against williams--he's worth significantly more than that on the open market--but i don't like this move.  

the problem is that you can't have gold-plated everything--you have to economize somewhere.  and adding $4.25M per year to an already heavy offense salary column is just bad business in my eyes.  DAL now has 3 WRs on substantial contracts (including a top contract for dez), the highest TE cap figure in the league (witten), 2 top OL contracts (smith, frederick), a $7.5M cap figure for the RT, and the 10th highest RB cap figure in the league.  not to mention romo's dead money hit, and the need to exercise martin's option.

at this moment, DAL has $106M allocated to the offense, and $36M allocated to the defense.

that's not how you build a championship team.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

nothing against williams--he's worth significantly more than that on the open market--but i don't like this move.  

the problem is that you can't have gold-plated everything--you have to economize somewhere.  and adding $4.25M per year to an already heavy offense salary column is just bad business in my eyes.  DAL now has 3 WRs on substantial contracts (including a top contract for dez), the highest TE cap figure in the league (witten), 2 top OL contracts (smith, frederick), a $7.5M cap figure for the RT, and the 10th highest RB cap figure in the league.  not to mention romo's dead money hit, and the need to exercise martin's option.

at this moment, DAL has $106M allocated to the offense, and $36M allocated to the defense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dump WR, get short, quick white guys at $500k per pop, spend money on linemen and defense, win championships.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Nolan Carroll to Dallas. I figured they'd try to get another DB in the draft. I thought Carroll was ok when he first came to the Eagles but then he became a pass interfere machine. He has his games but there are a few receivers out there that dominate him.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dump WR, get short, quick white guys at $500k per pop, spend money on linemen and defense, win championships.
View Quote

yup, especially since a lot of dak's game is taking what the defense gives, which means a lot of underneath stuff.  i would much rather than money have gone to the defense, for example, keeping barry church around.  hell--i'd almost rather take the chance on mo claiborne, who was playing at an all-pro level before his body betrayed him yet again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

With all that money to burn browns should be over paying players.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They try to, but players end up taking less money to go to teams where the goal for the season isn't simply to not go 0-16.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Timmons to the dolphins.

Steelers better go heavy on defense this draft again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:15:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Timmons to the dolphins.

Steelers better go heavy on defense this draft again.
View Quote
I'm happy they signed him. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#47]
TJ Lang to the Lions... solid O line for the Lions for the first time in a while
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Nobody wants Romo in a trade.

Going to wait for him to become a free agent and offer him a bag of deflated balls and a Subway gift card.

"Possible interested teams in Romo appear unwilling to take on the 36-year-old's contract or overpay for a quarterback who has started four games during the past two seasons because of injuries, sources told Schefter."
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Going to wait for him to become a free agent and offer him a bag of deflated balls and a Subway gift card.

"Possible interested teams in Romo appear unwilling to take on the 36-year-old's contract or overpay for a quarterback who has started four games during the past two seasons because of injuries, sources told Schefter."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll file this under the "no shit" column.  Colts new GM appears to be righting the ship and picked up some defensive players.  Now work on that oline in the draft.  The offensive skill positions are fine except the need depth at RB, Gore isn't getting any younger.  Go grab Latavius Murry. They don't need nor rely on a stud running game but they have to have a servicable running game.

http://www.colts.com/team/transactions.html

03/10/2017 Jabaal Sheard (OLB) signed as an unrestricted free agent (NE)
03/10/2017 John Simon (OLB) signed as an unrestricted free agent (HOU)
03/10/2017 Jeff Locke (P) signed as an unrestricted free agent (MIN)
03/10/2017 Patrick Robinson (CB) released
03/09/2017 Dwayne Allen (TE) traded to the New England Patriots along with a 2017 sixth-round draft pick in exchange for a 2017 fourth-round draft pick
03/08/2017 Jack Doyle (TE) signed contract extension
02/27/2017 Fahn Cooper (T) signed as a free agent
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not entirely accurate.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top