BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The art of the deal. ....they need us more then we need them.

MAGA
View Quote
This is true.  NAFTA has helped Mexico far more than it has helped the US.

Mexico without free access to the US market slides back into a Third-World economy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Mexican government fails to relalize that the need for Mexico was replaced years ago by China.  Drugs and their own citizens are their main exports.  If Mexico wants to talk tough, Trump just needs to cut off the US taxpayer funded welfare of Mexican citizens, aka health care, schools food stamps, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

His cunt lost and he's still pissed about it...He also thinks he and a few others will single handedly take down Trump and Install his cunt hillery...
View Quote

You said "cunt" twice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That 20% tax on wire transfers?  It's now 50%.  Suck it perras.
View Quote
fuck that , just ban monetary xfers and seize all cash going south.
Turn the screws and squeeze the shit out of em
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Trump should threaten war war then.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is nothing I need from Mexico that we cant get here already. We got better tasting Mexican food anyways.
View Quote

A lot of the fruit and vegetables in the grocery stores are labeled "product of mexico"
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well that and about 300 billion dollars worth of goods that are exported to the United States.  Oh, and around 5 million jobs in the US depend on Mexican imports.

I don't think a trade war is going to be as bloodless as some of you guys think...

But whatever....this is Arfcom - we don't need no numbers and shit...
View Quote
Oh, I have no doubt a trade war with Mexico would hurt us.  All things considered, free trade is better than tariffs.

However, I also have no doubt a trade war would hurt them far more than it would hurt us.  Trump is holding a winning hand here and the Mexican Government knows it, which is why they are making such extreme threats.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, I have no doubt a trade war with Mexico would hurt us.  All things considered, free trade is better than tariffs.

However, I also have no doubt a trade war would hurt them far more than it would hurt us.  Trump is holding a winning hand here and the Mexican Government knows it, which is why they are making such extreme threats.
View Quote

Correct.  However, Mexico is our third-largest trading partner.  Some here appear to be underestimating greatly the amount of damage it would do the US economy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
fuck that , just ban monetary xfers and seize all cash going south.
Turn the screws and squeeze the shit out of em
View Quote

Put that ban into place.  How quickly would every check-cashing business in the 'hood install a Bitcoin kiosk?  Now you're collecting taxes on zero percent of all remittances.

Only change is the cartel's getting a cut when the money is withdrawn in Mexico instead of Western Union...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well that and about 300 billion dollars worth of goods that are exported to the United States.  Oh, and around 5 million jobs in the US depend on Mexican imports.

I don't think a trade war is going to be as bloodless as some of you guys think...

View Quote

If by some tangential outcome in this hypothetical trade war, it means we eviscerated unchecked illegal immigration, strangled sanctuary cities and gutted voter ID defenses within blue territories,

that blood would be incredibly well spent. Bring the pain now and not in 30 years.

ETA: Actually now I think a trade WAR is exactly what we need with Mexico.

Force congress' hand to pass Americans first legislation before the lobbyists even have a chance to ring their respective politician. fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
All posts minus the neverTrumpers nail it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If by some tangential outcome in this hypothetical trade war, it means we eviscerated unchecked illegal immigration, strangled sanctuary cities and gutted voter ID defenses within blue territories,

that blood would be incredibly well spent. Bring the pain now and not in 30 years.

http://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/images/2014/11/blogs/graphic-detail/20141129_wom978_0.png
View Quote

Fair enough.  I'd just recommend crunching the numbers good and hard to make sure your "solution" isn't worse than the "problem".

The solution to a couple of mice in your attic isn't to burn your house down...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Operation Wetback 2.0
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Correct.  However, Mexico is our third-largest trading partner.  Some here appear to be underestimating greatly the amount of damage it would do the US economy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I think both Trump and the Mexican government are just staking out negotiating positions here.  Trump has been making deals his entire life; I don't think he would pull the trigger on a Trade War with Mexico if a deal could be made.

Neither would Mexico start a trade war either, BTW.  Their threats are pretty empty, because the last thing they need right now is high unemployment combined with a wall preventing their poor from escaping to America to find jobs.  It would be like sealing a lid on a defective pressure cooker and turning up the heat to high.

Remember the Mexican Ag minister's threat a couple of weeks ago to stop buying US corn?  Pure bluster.  When corn prices spiked about 5-6 years ago due to the US ethanol fuel program, it produced numerous protests and a few riots in Mexico.

Now imagine what would happen if there were no corn to be had at any price.  The wealthy Mexican elites who have run the country since the last revolution do not want to see that happen, because it would not end well for them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Captain Mexico in New York City; you don't fuck with him.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Why do people keep saying that the population of the United States is 360 Million?

Last time I checked it was just under 330 million.

I'm confused.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:03:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Is there any tequila made in the US?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Can Texas grow Agave?

That should be a nice middle finger to Mexico.   Start farming that tequila and tell Mexico to piss off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So,let me get this straight

They are saying that they will blackmail the US if they build a wall that stops Mexicans doing illegal things.

All this while they have a big fucking wall at the bottom of their country to stop illegal immigrants coming in from the south while also getting tourist dollars from Americans and car plants employing Mexicans on their soil etc etc..

An the msm are reporting this as if it's ok not attacking him a a fucking stupid hypocrit and telling him to fuck off.

Have I got this right?
View Quote
Yes. I believe you've got it exactly right.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Mexico you so crazy

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:47:20 AM EDT
[#21]
So does this mean sub-par, refurbed, hecho en mehico aftermarket parts will be harder to come by?  Because I am OK with that and swore their garbage off years ago.  Anything more than $5 that is hecho en mehico gets passed over if I have a say
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:50:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Do it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There is nothing I need from Mexico that we cant get here already. We got better tasting Mexican food anyways.
View Quote

And who is that going to hurt, Mexico?  Who's going to buy your horrible garbage toys and knick-knacks?
Wow, those guys are dumb.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Except the US economy is far more resilient than Mexico's.  Pretty sure the southern, south western, and midwest states can cover the ag slack in short order, and the rustbelt states would welcome getting their heavy manufacturing jobs back.  Sure it would cost a bit in plant and equipment refurbs, but in the long run, we'd be better off all around. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:52:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Stir that pot OP

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Every time Mexico opens their piehole we should move the fence wall another 1/4 mile into Mexico's side......take some land

What are they going to do about it. ....not one fuckin  thing
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Please, Mexico:  DO IT.

I would love the opportunity to buy US MADE Ritz crackers, pants, etc.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mehico is playing a costly game they have zero chance of winning. Mehico you wanna get your shit pushed in? Because that's how you get your shit pushed in. Completely paying for the wall and being a true ally by helping to curb illegal immigration would be far less costly.
View Quote

100% accurate. They're stomping their feet and crying because they are used to getting EVERYTHING.

They've been able to pawn some of their worst citizens off on us, they get to fuck us on trade deals, fuck us on tariffs, and their economy thrives upon cash from their citizens who come here illegally, work, and send money home. It must be the most one sided deal in the history of the world, and hopefully it comes to an end.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Real life isn't simple like campaign slogans.  Film at 11.
View Quote

Nice try, Trump holds all the cards in negotiations with Mexico. The most one sided deal in history leads to the most one sided power negotiation in history.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:20:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, so the real reason of the Border Patrol increases and Wall come into play.

Smart.

The only real threat Mexico could've launched against US is continuing to encourage their people to cross our border.

I hope our team is prepped for Olympic Level Red Rover

Substitute goods and elasticity of demand says you don't know the economics behind the numbers you throw around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:20:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wisconsin says fuck you Mexico.
View Quote

This.

& they are going through great troubles showing how much they still don't want those people back in their country...

Have you been to Iowa lately? Namely just across the border from Crawford county?

Check out the Walmart on a Sat/ Sun in Parairie Du Chien & tell me how many bus loads of immigrants you see funneling in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#33]

So this is a never-trump thead?

GTK
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:28:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fair enough.  I'd just recommend crunching the numbers good and hard to make sure your "solution" isn't worse than the "problem".

The solution to a couple of mice in your attic isn't to burn your house down...
View Quote

No. I start with humane traps.

Now if a Mole happens to get trapped in there with the mouse, well... Not much I can do then for that poor mouse.

While your argument is valid to a point. You forget we are talking about "Illegals" here illegally.

Ask yourself why they are all but hurt if someone that left their country & entered our country "illegally" & now they are saying "Finders Keepers Jose!"

It makes absolutely no sense.

I ask, What would they do to any of us if we entered their country "illegally" & started committing crimes?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#35]
kinda reminds me of this

Batman The Dark Knight- Blackmailing Batman
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:19:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wonder how much food and water we export to the south..?
View Quote

Even better, we literally import their raw sewage from Nogales, Sonora, for processing at a waste treatment plant in Rio Rico, AZ.  If we didn't, it would just flow like a river into the US every time it rains (it does anyway, but it would be exponentially worse) via the Santa Cruz River and the Morley and Kimmer Washes, to name a few.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So,let me get this straight

They are saying that they will blackmail the US if they build a wall that stops Mexicans doing illegal things.

All this while they have a big fucking wall at the bottom of their country to stop illegal immigrants coming in from the south while also getting tourist dollars from Americans and car plants employing Mexicans on their soil etc etc..

An the msm are reporting this as if it's ok not attacking him a a fucking stupid hypocrit and telling him to fuck off.

Have I got this right?
View Quote

It's a failed government ran by drug cartels... Their moral compass and frame of reference may be different from yours.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My Mexican coworkers are REALLY sweating this whole Trump thing...

Loving every.single.minute.
View Quote

Tell them about Canada, the land of free shit and tolerance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Interesting that the article didn't mention what those exports are that Mexico will put a tax on.

Is oil the largest item or goods made by U.S. manufacturers located in Mexico?

Makes me think it is a item(s) that will do little compared to what we can do to them.

They are in trouble and know it..............I feel a Mexican government tantrum coming on............................we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Interesting that the article didn't mention what those exports are that Mexico will put a tax on.

Is oil the largest item or goods made by U.S. manufacturers located in Mexico?

Makes me think it is a item(s) that will do little compared to what we can do to them.

They are in trouble and know it..............I feel a Mexican government tantrum coming on............................we'll see.
View Quote
We need to tax the shit out of remittances.  That's the $$ that the illegals are sending home to Mehico via Western Union or MoneyGram.  It totals over $20B a year.  Dollars straight out of the US economy and into Mexico's.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This columbian kid mentioned they could cut off guacamole
Big fucking deal
View Quote

Like I care, Walmart avocados come from Peru, and even I can make guacamole. Fuck Mexico and the burro it rode in on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is there any tequila made in the US?
View Quote

southern CA has been growing agave and making tequila for over 10 years that I know of, if we wanted to we could produce quite a bit I think along our southern areas

see, global warming is good for something
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We need to tax the shit out of remittances.  That's the $ that the illegals are sending home to Mehico via Western Union or MoneyGram.  It totals over $20B a year.  Dollars straight out of the US economy and into Mexico's.
View Quote
TWENTY BILLION DOLLARS!!??

Holy shit!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We need to tax the shit out of remittances.  That's the $ that the illegals are sending home to Mehico via Western Union or MoneyGram.  It totals over $20B a year.  Dollars straight out of the US economy and into Mexico's.
View Quote

holy fuck, so a single year of money moving south is almost enough to pay for the wall
should have been built 50 years ago

edit: wait that is just western union and money gram
what about the drug money and people flying home with money in the bag? (working for the TSA it was noticed people traveling to mexico often times had thousands on them)
holy fuck a lot of money is moving south, no wonder our economy is crumbling
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Like I care, Walmart avocados come from Peru, and even I can make guacamole. Fuck Mexico and the burro it rode in on.
View Quote
Oh no..........they aren't taking advantage of us, blah, blah, blah.

Actually heard that from a talking head on TV the other day.

So I look up the trade deficit just for 2016................$63 BILLION!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Hey mexico
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just read an article. It had numbers. These numbers are not in the same scope of $300 Billion.

Current (2015 data) Mexican sources of foreign exchange in descending order according to Mexican Central Bank.
1) Remittances from US.    $24.8 Billion
2) Exportation of oil.       $18.7 Billion
3) Tourism.               $17.4 Billion

Some experts say the export of goods is actually the third largest.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaestevez/2016/05/16/remittances-supersede-oil-as-mexicos-main-source-of-foreign-income/#493a9bfe1754
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Not saying it's right....but Putin would already be bombing
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#49]
A tax on all remittances....

Let them rot to the fucken ground and their stupid narco state.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That 20% tax on wire transfers?  It's now 50%.  Suck it perras.
View Quote

And an executive order stopping travel from the U.S to Mexico. Let's see how much pressure their tourism industry can apply to the Mexican government.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top