Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 1:01:00 PM EDT
As a shooter around $1,000? Preferably 9mm but a 30 is ok.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen commercial .30 Lugers marked Germany for less than a thousand within the past couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard to find a mixmaster luger for a grand these days.

WW1 era seem to be a better value, Erfurt manufactured some rougher looking guns by late war that seem to sell for a bit less.  30 cal Lugers are cheaper...  but you will have better value in the long run with a 9mm.

Really the difference between matching and non-matching guns is often pretty small.  If you have to fork over $1200 to $1300 for a nice matching gun, it is better in the long run vs a Mixmaster.

For example I bought a very nice Nazi Spandau rework 1917 Erfurt for a trade and some cash that was in the $1200 range, matching gun except for the extractor ( from the rework most likely) . Nice history through both world wars, and a decent shooter too.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen commercial .30 Lugers marked Germany for less than a thousand within the past couple of years.
View Quote

How is the quality vs a German made Mauser?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
For the most part the commercial lugers are just as nice as the issued guns, and often cases the commercial and Weimar period guns are finished better because there wasn't a war going on.  The later WWI Erfurt guns like the one I pictured are much rougher than the DWM guns from the same time period.  Nazi guns are more consistent fit and finish wise.  Commercial lugers are general a bit cheaper, but the difference isn't much these days.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are German made, just for the commercial market after WW1 rather than military.  Friend of mine had one a few years ago in a presentation box that had a beautiful finish and nice workmanship.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Mill around pawn shops until one pops up for $300. Happens all the time here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I would have bought one of the Frankenstein Lugers the vendor at the Nashville gun show was always carting there. He was selling them for $400-500 each back in the '90s.
I always wanted one, but never picked one up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be $354.00 OTD.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn... haven't seen working guns that cheap in an very long time....  I wouldn't even blink at that price.

I would be throwing money at the guy.  Parts value is over that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a Swiss Luger.  The Swiss never used corrosive ammo and the Swiss Luger shoots like a dream.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get a Swiss Luger.  The Swiss never used corrosive ammo and the Swiss Luger shoots like a dream.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20161117-194900-153019.jpg
View Quote

Gotta show us the top view... that's like a going to a strip club with an obstructed view....
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Commercial lugers are general a bit cheaper, but the difference isn't much these days.
View Quote

I haven't seen one for sale in a couple of years, the last one supposedly in perfect condition for $600.  Like everything else, matter of time before the price goes up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gotta show us the top view... that's like a going to a strip club with an obstructed view....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20161117-194900-153019.jpg

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I should add the general "Luger" warning...

There is a ton of fake crap out there...  many long time collectors have stopped buying because the  boosted guns and fakes seem to outnumber the real ones these days...

If you looking for a cheaper Luger your not going to have to worry about that too much.

Refinished guns loose much of their value, and there are quite a few guns that were re-barreled with aftermarket barrels that can be found. Good functioning guns can be found in the $500 range all the time.

If you looking at spending near a $1000, you should be trying to get a matching 9mm in original finish.  That will be a great value in the long run compared to a Franken gun. Even a poor original finish is worth twice as much as clean refinish... any day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]
The last two to come up for sale locally were priced at $1600 and $1300.  I know nothing about them, but I figured that was a rather typical price anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Even the old VOPO Lugers have gotten pricey these days , but occasionally you find them in the $600 range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Great now I need one of those to go with my Swiss army knife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top