Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/22/2017 12:56:12 AM EDT
fucking idiots

unless someone can actually convince me that the dollars adequately convert to smiles per fire, increased accuracy, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
But, but, it's stippled...by Zev!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop being poor.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my stock Glocks. I generally upgrade the sights and leave the rest.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Extras like that on a Glock seem to not maintain their value well at all, so if you stipple, cut your slide, or do any other overhauling, do it for yourself and not for a potential increase in value.

I got a g34 "dragonfly" for $800 last year and a g35 with milled slide, rmr02, suppressor sights, fulcrum trigger, carver mag well, titanium pins, high end holsters, and extra barrel for $700 right before that. Great deals at that price but no telling what the original owner had in that g35.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
View Quote
For sale:

1994 Chevy Silverado with 195,000 miles BUT it has been upgraded with new chrome 24" wheels, low profile tires, a full vinyl wrap with flames and titties, pink shag interior, AND a K&N air filter.

Price: Only $25,000 because of the upgrades.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
View Quote

im not the one trying to sell a butchered glock, lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#7]
15-20 years from people will be posting pictures of those goofy moon guns for laughs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have their full Fulcrum trigger in my Glock 34 but that is the only thing of theirs I'm interested in.

Their "race guns" are not accomplishing much with their "whizz-bang" cosmetics as for improving the stock Glock's accuracy or reliability. But they do look like ray guns...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For sale:

1994 Chevy Silverado with 195,000 miles BUT it has been upgraded with new chrome 24" wheels, low profile tires, a full vinyl wrap with flames and titties, pink shag interior, AND a K&N air filter.

View Quote

every person who posts "with extras" on armslist should be punched in the face

i dont care how much you paid for your wolff springs that you managed to install correctly, your ebay leather holster, your bobo ass kydex holster, etc.

i have yet to meet a pleasant person on armslist (people off of forums have been A+++ though)
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

every person who posts "with extras" on armslist should be punched in the face

i dont care how much you paid for your wolff springs that you managed to install correctly, your ebay leather holster, your bobo ass kydex holster, etc.

i have yet to meet a pleasant person on armslist (people off of forums have been A+++ though)
View Quote

Nothing tops the "tactical" Mosin Nagants and SKS's that have been "upgraded" with a $30 tactical stock and a $20 scope off of Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But, but, it's stippled...by Zev!
View Quote

PFFT! Production shit! Mine was custom, by me, in my basement with a dremel and a soldering iron, and some sandpaper when i fucked up a little bit, and its a g26 magwell conversion, not because I fucked it up, but because custom. That's like $900 in man hours.
*I have never attempted stippling any of my guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Whenever I see a custom gun for sale I assume someone lost a job/divorce. No way you just get "tired" of something you made your own like that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had luckily been batting 1000 on Armslist/craigslist-type transactions, until this morning. Finally got stood up by an Armslist seller. Waited 30 minutes at the agreed upon location, called him a bunch of times, fucker never answered and still hasn't called back. Of course, the ad is gone now.

I won't let this one instance discourage me, but man was I ever pissed this morning.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
15-20 years from people will be posting pictures of those goofy moon guns for laughs.
View Quote

They will probably be selling them for $10k and we will be crying because we didn't buy any when they were cheap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Check eBay for the beat down gen 3 "everything except the frame" kits being sold for 500-$650 for all stock stuff! These people are fucking high
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
fucking idiots

unless someone can actually convince me that the dollars adequately convert to smiles per fire, increased accuracy, etc.
View Quote

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Why would anyone spend more money on a glock then they need to?
Is it kinda like those kids who put $5000 worth of subs into a $500 shitbox of a car?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#17]
What does the Zev trigger offer over lightening the weight of pull using the factory lighter Glock springs?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:19:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I recently needed a complete upper slide assembly for a Gen 4-19.  I was astounded at the pricing of the ZEV and zev-like slides. $1000+ just boggles my mind.  Gen 3-19 complete slide assembly and lower parts kit for $497 ?????  A brand new Gen 3 is still $499, right?  

Crazy.

Edit: I almost decided to just buy a complete new gun, keep the slide and sell the rest.  Most of the slides were going for around $400 all day long.  Lucked out and scored mine for $300.  Probably still should have just bought a complete piece and parted out the rest.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What does the Zev trigger offer over lightening the weight of pull using the factory lighter Glock springs?
View Quote

In my opinion pretty much nothing other than a red insert. I can barely tell a difference from my fulcrum ultimate and a stock trigger. It still feels like a Glock trigger, just a bit lighter.

Maybe it can be adjusted in some other way. I haven't tried.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I had luckily been batting 1000 on Armslist/craigslist-type transactions, until this morning. Finally got stood up by an Armslist seller. Waited 30 minutes at the agreed upon location, called him a bunch of times, fucker never answered and still hasn't called back. Of course, the ad is gone now.

I won't let this one instance discourage me, but man was I ever pissed this morning.
View Quote

Had a buyer do that to me once a few years ago, left me waiting to meet him after working all day. He sent a text at the meet time saying he was going to be a couple minutes late, never showed up at all and wouldnt reply or answer his phone when I called. Found his facebook page, saved a pic and kept bumping his M4M ad on CL asking for dick pics to be sent to his cellphone current for a couple months afterwards.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Whenever I see a custom gun for sale I assume someone lost a job/divorce. No way you just get "tired" of something you made your own like that.
View Quote

I think what usually happens is they drop that huge load of cash and after they shoot the gun, they realize it isn't any better than the stock $500 pistol so they try to recoup what they paid instead of having to kick themselves for spending so much money every time they go to the range.

After the "man that looks cool!" impulse wears off and buyer's remorse kicks in, they start to think of all the other shit they could have bought with that extra money.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Who give a shit what price a man chooses to ask for his item for sale?

Either you're a buyer at that price or you move along and find something that you can afford.

Complaining or ridiculing someone for their price just makes one like a lowlife looking for accommodation from strangers.

Idiots.... indeed, find some self-respect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Either you're a buyer at that price or you move along and find something that you can afford.

Complaining or ridiculing someone for their price just make one like a lowlife looking for accommodation from strangers.

View Quote

nah, i'll make fun of them for being idiots
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Shot the other day with a guy who was running (or lack thereof) one of the Agency Glocks. The thing had like 4 light primer strikes in a row, wouldn't go into battery, etc. The thing is High Speed, Low Drag all day long and cool as hell (when it actually runs). However, I just can't see dropping that coin on a gun that doesn't run like the originally engineered gun is suppose to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Complaining or ridiculing someone for their price just make one like a lowlife looking for accommodation from strangers.

View Quote

How long has your custom Glock been on the EE?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]
never heard of a zev glock
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You do realize you can comment on something without having some obscene amount of emotional investment, right?

We all know that gun shop with the used guns at full price that sit there until the guy who doesn't know he can nab it for 60% of that comes in and buys it in his ignorance. We don't have to obsess over it to complain or note that they are grossly overpriced. Go pull up a gander mountain thread, at least until they fade into bankrupted memory for being chronically overpriced and underperforming.

Clearly if the Zev guns are moving there is a market. But if you have interest in them, you will also find it is very easy to find them very far under the retail cost, very lightly used. At least it has been for me, without even trying.

Same with plenty of other novelties. I love desert eagles but would never pay  $1500 for one used (or new, really). I have  $600 in one and $700 in another. Plenty of other examples that have very few buyers at full price but are hot commodities on the secondary market because they go for so little... but which will sit for a long time at even slightly higher prices.

More than complaining about price, I will never understand those that complain about people complaining about price. Even better when they pull out the "HURR CAPITALISM WHY DO U HATE MURKA IT'S HIS RIGHT TO TRY AND SELL IT AT WHATEVER HE WANTS". You're absolutely right. He can. But you can also comment on the price without being a "lowlife", especially when you can find them cheaper with regularity elsewhere. It's not like the OP is shitting in some dude's ad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:34:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If installed with all the corresponding parts, it's lighter and adjustable for over travel and creep, all while keeping a tactile reset. Whereas my Glock with connector and spring kit, gets lighter but loses its distinct break point and reset (basically feels mushy).
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For sale:

View Quote

I just spit my drink out lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Poor people thread...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:48:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop being poor.

< CoC1 violation removed.  Warning issued. -- BB >
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
never heard of a zev glock
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Something like some of these
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Had a buyer do that to me once a few years ago, left me waiting to meet him after working all day. He sent a text at the meet time saying he was going to be a couple minutes late, never showed up at all and wouldnt reply or answer his phone when I called. Found his facebook page, saved a pic and kept bumping his M4M ad on CL asking for dick pics to be sent to his cellphone current for a couple months afterwards.  
View Quote

Yeah, to try and fuck with this guy would be more trouble than it'd be worth. Water under the bridge.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think what usually happens is they drop that huge load of cash and after they shoot the gun, they realize it isn't any better than the stock $500 pistol so they try to recoup what they paid instead of having to kick themselves for spending so much money every time they go to the range.

After the "man that looks cool!" impulse wears off and buyer's remorse kicks in, they start to think of all the other shit they could have bought with that extra money.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#36]
haterz

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:52:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I think it's more retarded how people want to sell stuff without posting pictures.

"Email for pics"

I shouldn't have to work to try and buy something.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Poor people thread...
View Quote

My safes say you're incorrect.

This is more like a thread where we make fun of the import kids who spend $5,000 on a body kit, wheels, paint, and exhaust for their '94 Civic.  At the end of the day, it's still a '94 Civic but they want their money back for the "upgrades" when they sell it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:53:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
View Quote

Any butchered Glocks for sale?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
View Quote

Doesn't apply here, Zevs are neither rare nor collectible.  Even at 30% off I wouldn't touch a used one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:56:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you tell I've done that shit a few times? 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
fucking idiots

View Quote

OP is suprised Glock Owners are Idiots
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think it's more retarded how people want to sell stuff without posting pictures.

"Email for pics"

I shouldn't have to work to try and buy something.
View Quote

Oh, fuck yes! Absolutely this!

Post the pics in the ad you lazy cocksuckers, or GTFO!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

< Removed. -- BB >
View Quote

< Please don't quote or repeat CoC violations. -- BB >
Tell me, does the white hood have a point to cover up you people's cone heads, and are crosses cheaper to build or buy before you set them on fire?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:21:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, to try and fuck with this guy would be more trouble than it'd be worth. Water under the bridge.
View Quote

I was on it , maybe 30 mins elapsed. Waste my time, I'll do what I can to waste your's,  short of showing up at your door.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:25:09 AM EDT
[#46]
lol at stock glocks.  Absolutely mediocre in every aspect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:34:57 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Why are the mag release and trigger safety red? Do you need to be reminded they're important? You should probably label them too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:36:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

< Removed. -- BB >
View Quote

Dude, that's a bit fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not half as fucked up as political correctness, look where that's gotten us.  

Goddamn feels overflowing everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the guy wanting to buy one and trying to Jew people down to a price you can afford.

My apologies if I've offended your delicate feels. I was simply trying to say that OP was acting niggardly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top