Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I use FB for vetting chicks I want to bang I met online, and for keeping up with family members and long time friends.  I delete anyone who posts political BS I disagree with, which are few and far between.  I don't discuss politics on FB.  My FB is thus, drama free.  It is not hard.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The sooner that Zuckerberg gets hit by a speeding bus the better. Facebook's collapse would be a boon to society.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't list my employment.  People need to be careful on there.
View Quote

I deleted my employer from my profile, because some sites comment section that use FB login will often put your place of employment right after your name, for some effin reason. My opinions are my own, not my employers, and I don't need to be Arocked for it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Mark Zuckerberg is Gail Wynand.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i quit facebook before it even became cool...

thats how cool i am.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's a great way to put fake personal info on the internet for the web crawlers to find and perpetuate. You'll have to use your real name, but everything else attached to it can be fake. Same with LinkedIn.

Fake locations, fake jobs, fake phone numbers. Get Facebook friends to agree to be in your "family" and you can generate fake family relationships for Whitepages, etc. to develop with their own algorithms.

If you can't hide your data, then deliver false data. Bleed the beast. Make it so nothing is true and everything is in doubt.
View Quote

why would you have to use a real name? Ive made fake name on FB
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I use it to mock leftists and see car and video game things. 

My skin isn't paper thin though, so I think I'll be okay. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh, I use it to keep up w/ friends.  I do NOT put any personal info on it, & used a throwaway e-mail to sign up.  I find kewl shi'ite, too.

And then:

Longboard Norway mountain
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I rented SNOWDEN from Redbox the other night.  Awesome.

Glad I've never signed up for Facebook.  But still, it could be used as a useful too to keep in touch with friends, etc, no?  Tempting.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Obama got elected because conservatives refused to learn how to use social media while leftists did. go ahead drop out and give the leftist gun grabbers the upper hand.
View Quote

This.

This board is full of cowards.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a great way to put fake personal info on the internet for the web crawlers to find and perpetuate. You'll have to use your real name, but everything else attached to it can be fake. Same with LinkedIn.

Fake locations, fake jobs, fake phone numbers. Get Facebook friends to agree to be in your "family" and you can generate fake family relationships for Whitepages, etc. to develop with their own algorithms.

If you can't hide your data, then deliver false data. Bleed the beast. Make it so nothing is true and everything is in doubt.

I have a fake name on Facebook, too. But if you want to pollute the universe with false information, it has to be about the real you, or at least your real name. (It's all just a name.) Just don't include a picture and you can always claim, "That's not me."

Google yourself and see what is known. Now imagine making it all false. Start by claiming others as your relatives, and it's off to the races.

"Lexington was born in Santiago, Chile, went to school at Juilliard School of the Arts, is a garbage man in St. Louis, and is related to a bunch of fucking strangers who agreed to be his family on Facebook."
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
FFB
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah, let's just relinquish one of the most powerful weapons of the modern age to the enemy. Great strategy.

As for all the conspiracy theory bullshit about Facebook censoring people and whatnot, I somehow get plenty of views and interactions from my liberal friends when I post something of a conservative or pro-2A bent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quiting FB is like running away from home as a child.

You only do it for attention and youll be back.
View Quote

Sixteeners are gonna sixteen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh, never saw a need for Facebook. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#18]
No thanks. I happen to enjoy the various firearm groups I'm part of on there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Real name, fake info.

Just after FB forced folk to go on Messenger, I got TOR for my phone (OrBot and OrFox). I go through facebookcorewwi.onion (Facebook adaped for TOR).  It uses the message tab just like the pre-Messenger FB did.  I also have anything FB related go through the private tab on OrFox.  

Screw you Messenger and tracking cookies
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#20]
You don't have to quit it if you never had it in a first place.

Honestly, I do not know what I am missing. So... I'm all good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:46:16 AM EDT
[#21]
During the 6-9+ months prior to the election I posted a lot of pro Trump stuff on Facebook.  Political stuff is most of what I posted.  After the election I was having a conversation with someone close to me, we both felt the we had been given the feeling that it was almost not okay to like Trump.  Got that feeling from the media or wherever.  She told me the only reason she allowed herself to like Trump (she later voted for him), was because she saw the stuff I posted.

I also now see more people being less afraid to post conservative content.  I don't know if I've had anything to do with that or not.  

Some people hear things from the liberal MSM and take them as fact without questioning them.  I would say we all have a responsibility to help spread the truth.  Something as simple as a meme can debunk and enlighten people.  Helping to spread news and posts from "conservative" speakers and outlets can have a subtle but huge impact also.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:59:14 AM EDT
[#22]
The overall quality of Facebook has deteriorated with the volume of outrage clickbait. Now that the 2016 meme wars are over it's like an overgrown battlefield.

It'll go the way of MySpace eventually. They were smart to buy Instagram. Better product, for now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:04:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As for all the conspiracy theory bullshit about Facebook censoring people and whatnot, I somehow get plenty of views and interactions from my liberal friends when I post something of a conservative or pro-2A bent.
View Quote
Unless it's high profile, the vast majority of moderation on FB is outsourced. You never know what kind of person you'll get when you report something, they might be extreme right, extreme left, middling, or whatever.

You have to be objective when looking at pages you don't like. Personally, I avoid pages I don't like, and I don't have any friends I dislike. Also the vast majority of my 70-something friends are people I know well in real life, too. If any of the ones I don't know well start acting retarded, I unfriend them. It's as easy as that. You're not obligated to friend people just because.

Yes, FB is a crappy libtard company, but there's not some grand conspiracy to block everything conservative.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:59:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quiting FB is like running away from home as a child.

You only do it for attention and youll be back.
View Quote

That's the stupidest shit I've read all night.

Facebook is a necessary part of life, like home? Oookay, then. Try giving it up for an entire year and see if you still feel that way. Chances are you'll realize life is pretty good without it. Been years since I deleted my account, no regrets whatsoever.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:06:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Obama got elected because conservatives refused to learn how to use social media while leftists did. go ahead drop out and give the leftist gun grabbers the upper hand.
View Quote

Ditto to this above....signed a Twitter troll
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ditto to this above....signed a Twitter troll
View Quote

I'm sure your Tweets are witty and clever as fuck. Shame they're likely being hidden from view after only a few minutes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, let's just relinquish one of the most powerful weapons of the modern age to the enemy. Great strategy.

View Quote

Well, considering facebook's demographics are mid 30's and up including 60somethings with thousands of friends I think you're barking up the wrong tree. You better go make an instasnap page or a gramchat to get in with the young hip cool kids.

This election proved that mainstream media, social network accounts for the first time lost their prestige and power. It was underground outlets that shared informative and useful information to younger generations. This should be seen as a breakthrough.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#28]
If you use FB for connection, not projection it is still very much useful.  Choosing actual friends and using it sparingly keep it worthwhile here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I never started Facebook.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My favorite thing to do every day is log on Facebook and see what news stories or Huffington Post threads swingset is arguing with people in.
View Quote

Same.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#31]
My Facebook feed is less dramatic than GD. Plus I like trolling the trolls that comment on my rush Limbaugh posts and the plethora of other people I follow.

But go ahead, shut up. Be quiet. Let the lefties think they won. They appreciate your silence.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - conservatives lose the culture war because they don't even know where it's being fought.

Once again, I feel the need to point out that you control what you see on your FB page. If your FB page is a liberal shithole, you made it that way.

Maybe you're a lib and you just don't know it yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - conservatives lose the culture war because they don't even know where it's being fought.

Quoted:
Deleted mine months ago. Hate the unreal narcisim that reeks on roughly 90% of pages. Too much fakeness, family drama. Ibam not full of myself enough, convinced of my self importance enough, convinced everyone cares about my everyday life enough to continue on it. Its a joke. And I believe it shows how far humanity has sunk in terms of emotional stability.

And its a purely liberal shithole now.

Once again, I feel the need to point out that you control what you see on your FB page. If your FB page is a liberal shithole, you made it that way.

Maybe you're a lib and you just don't know it yet?
I have an alternate account that I follow madcow and other libs. I love ruining their little echo chambers with my trolling. 

There are a few others, but there should be many many more. They should not be allowed to control the narrative.

I've given just about all my "friends" the boot when I find out they are libs. I don't give a shit about what they think and it's senseless to argue.

A good portion of my friend list are people that have connected with me, or vice versa, through comments and groups we have in common. 

Not a big deal for most of y'all but since I'm a gay trumpster I meet other gay trumpsters on Facebook. The dems don't have as big of a grip on their demographics as they think.

At any rate, I enjoy my facebooking, where conservatives go to support each other and to stand up to the progressive agenda. The more that stand up to them the better.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My son is in high school. He doesn't have a FB account nor does anyone he knows.
Once your grandparents start using an app like that it's over.
View Quote

even Instagram is "old news"
I love the 'gram its simple and my parents are not on it

hell even Snapchat is getting old
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I use mine to hook up with single moms.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Geez, the issues some have with Facebook.

By the way, plenty of tough guys with lives use it.

I guarantee.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#36]
The OP should toughen up.
 How do you deal with REAL bad things???????
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The OP should toughen up.
 How do you deal with REAL bad things???????
View Quote

safe space, duh.

Seriously, how is deciding to not use a company because you're sick of their shit any different than not using a company because of their stance on the 2A?

I say I'm shutting down because they knowingly allow violent anti-white groups an arena to spew their hate and someone I need to toughen up?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

safe space, duh.

Seriously, how is deciding to not use a company because you're sick of their shit any different than not using a company because of their stance on the 2A?

I say I'm shutting down because they knowingly allow violent anti-white groups an arena to spew their hate and someone I need to toughen up?
View Quote
when a greenie group sliced my tires on my excursion instead of selling it or getting rid of it I put even bigger tires on it. then I went on line tracked down their little miserable group and joined it. I became one of them with the same greenie mindset or so they thought. I made their lives miserable and learned about my enemy at the same time.

on facebook I have like minded friends and we have even converted the enemy to become our allies, with respect and reasoning.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

2400 friends? I don't know 2400 people, let alone have 2400 friends!
View Quote

The more "friends" you have the more people will see shit you share.

I strafe Facebook with links to immigrant violence that people don't know about.

For instance, the Rotherham incident. People don't know that happened. I'm trying to change that.

Black Trump supporters. People don't know they exist. They want to be heard and I help by spreading their message.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you have "none of the drama" you are just existing in your own echo chamber. You are not convincing anyone of anything they didn't already believe.

When a college roommate that you were a groomsman in their wedding declares "it's time to start killing people and taking their guns" you start to think twice about posting about your involvement with right wing paramilitary groups, such as the Cub Scouts.
View Quote

Not true. You don't have to post things that will get you in trouble.

I don't have many liberals I really know as friends. They can contact me in the usual methods if they or I want.

But if I share something, and someone that follows me shares it, news is spread.

There are a lot of comments in some of the people I follow. Some are liberal trolls. I can merely post links that contradict them. 

I do my part to prevent Facebook from being a liberal propaganda machine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Bragbook, meh
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top