Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/21/2017 11:12:11 AM EDT
Let me see, there will be the "I'm pretending to not know what facebook is, but clicked this thread anyway" and the "Only fags have Facebook" crowd, but I needed it for a few reasons.....

First, I deleted my personal page a long time ago and only had a persona page so that I could host my business page. After an incident last night, I realized there was a compounding problem and I decided I was done.

About 5 month ago I reported a page that came up in my feed or was a ad...I can't remember which. Either way, it was a militant page advocating for violence against white people. Basically, join their "brotherhood" and they'll teach you how to think and they'll teach you how to "defend" yourself against the wicked white man. I reported this page and frankly forgot about it (also, I didn't know there was a process). Well, yesterday, I notice I have a friend request. It's some girl and it says she lives in my town. I look at the profile to try and figure out if she actually lives in town and if we have mutual friends. NOPE, the only post she has is one that says she is looking for someone to eat her "lady parts" and have a good time. So, I reported this as fake.

I get a notification about 45 minutes later that says facebook reviewed the profile and decided it was not in violation of their policy. I was a bit surprised, but thought well, it is totally fake, and they say it's fine so whatever, but I'm getting real sick of this shit. I then notice I have a message about the previously mentioned militant group I reported. I was like, "wow, I forgot about this, I wonder what facebook thought of this?" I open it and sure enough, they said the same thing, the are NOT in violation of facebook's terms of service.   I made a final post outlining these two examples as the reason why I was done. If that had been a group advocating violence against any minority group it would have been all over the news and shut down immediately. I know facebook has altered trends to suppress events not in line with the liberal agenda and I know certain hate groups get a pass, but I decided I wasn't going to be a part of it anymore.

I know, it's insignificant, but I signed off. We always mention companies or groups we boycott for one reason or another and it seems that facebook gets a pass. I was in the military and I still live far from "home" so as it is for many this was a way for me to communicate. I realized I have a phone to call and a webcam to skype so, I don't need to support an agenda pushing, violence advocating, liberal media machine anymore. So, as I said in my final response to my farewell post this morning........Bye, Felicia!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You sound surprised, facebook has been doing this for years.  Only reason why facebook gets a pass because it has become a medium that seems to reach out to family members and friends seemingly incapable of using anything else.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I left Facebook after the election.

We won the house.

We won the senate.

We won the white house.

We will have the SCOTUS.

We own the majority of governorships.

When Meme World War 2.0 starts…I will log back in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The left does not have a monopoly on sensitivity.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You sound surprised, facebook has been doing this for years.  Only reason why facebook gets a pass because it has become a medium that seems to reach out to family members and friends seemingly incapable of using anything else.
View Quote

Yeah, I get it. I think it was one of those I know they do it, but I don't really see it things. Then I noticed they were allowing specific hate groups to function. Either be totally for or totally against something.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I dumped messenger after my Google search began predicting all too well what I would search...

I had messenger for about a week at this point. I was talking with the wife about ARM KNITTING, yes, that's a thing. I've never searched that before. I've searched arm workouts, arm braces,  but never knitting...

We finish our conversation and I hop on my phone to look it up.  After typing in "arm" the first thing that came up was "arm knitting".

Dropped messenger that same day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quiting FB is like running away from home as a child.

You only do it for attention and youll be back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Obama got elected because conservatives refused to learn how to use social media while leftists did. go ahead drop out and give the leftist gun grabbers the upper hand.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Obama got elected because conservatives refused to learn how to use social media while leftists did. go ahead drop out and give the leftist gun grabbers the upper hand.
View Quote

Well, when I run for office I'll be sure to turn it back on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
TL;DR
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Never had a Facebook account, never will. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit. So this is why Facebook shut down yesterday forever. Nice work OP. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I have Facebook but never mess with it much, until I found the Nutnfancy Fan Page...it's like another Arccom GD but waaaaaaay more sensitive Don't say things there you would say here
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#16]
lol That sure was a lot of writing for something you can just ignore. Damn.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Deleted mine months ago. Hate the unreal narcisim that reeks on roughly 90% of pages. Too much fakeness, family drama. Ibam not full of myself enough, convinced of my self importance enough, convinced everyone cares about my everyday life enough to continue on it. Its a joke. And I believe it shows how far humanity has sunk in terms of emotional stability.

And its a purely liberal shithole now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - conservatives lose the culture war because they don't even know where it's being fought.

Quoted:
Deleted mine months ago. Hate the unreal narcisim that reeks on roughly 90% of pages. Too much fakeness, family drama. Ibam not full of myself enough, convinced of my self importance enough, convinced everyone cares about my everyday life enough to continue on it. Its a joke. And I believe it shows how far humanity has sunk in terms of emotional stability.

And its a purely liberal shithole now.

Once again, I feel the need to point out that you control what you see on your FB page. If your FB page is a liberal shithole, you made it that way.

Maybe you're a lib and you just don't know it yet?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
TL;DR
View Quote

That.

Was expecting you to say you dumped it because it forced you to start every thread with a click bait title. Maybe you did, I dr
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Never had it so no point in reading all of that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't have it for the simple reason I don't understand it. Same with Twitter. They might as well be tweeting Klingon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I would have to sign up to Facebook first before I can dump it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Got it bookmarked in my phone's browser, but deleted the app and messenger. Now I'm finding I don't care about it as much. Something about the icon notification that makes it addicting. I un followed nearly all my friends on there since they increasingly got more and more annoying with the sjw crap about "i'm an immigrant too" "how can we stop the hate" "we must impeach Trump bc Russian spies", and all the posted articles from msm propaganda sites about "our duty to investigate the election hacking by Russia, according to a totally not CIA mockingbird shill" Blech.
Now the only things I follow a couple of shooting sites, popular mechanics, road& track, a cyberpunk fan page, and discover magazine. I visit less and less each day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a persona page for my side business for several years, it is a great way to keep in touch with my European friends
Last year FB locked my page and asked for proof that I operate under that name. While it would have been easy enough to scan some invoices and business cards for my business, I decided then that I actually hate FB and its business so I let them close my page.
Fuck 'em
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I have just a few "friends". 3 or 4 family members and a couple of pages I like. Otherwise I refuse to add people or grt caught up in the drama.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I keep Facebook just to counter the looney leftists liberal democrat relatives and their posts. The mimes I get from the mime thread are generally head shots.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#27]
The wife complains about her Facebook stuff.

That's always been enough for one household.

She threatens to close it but...it's like not shopping....ain't happening.

Some people desperately need the contact.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I deleted Facebook when they started deleting gun groups over a year ago
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Never had a Facebook account, never will. YMMV
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#30]
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
Let me see, there will be the "I'm pretending to not know what facebook is, but clicked this thread anyway" and the "Only fags have Facebook" crowd, but I needed it for a few reasons.....
View Quote

I guess you're referring to me but I always click on these thread for an obligatory "I told you so" or to admonish the OP for not being smart sooner.

However, like others have said already these always reek of attention seeking, which fits since that is what pushes people to post their lives online in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#31]
My son is in high school. He doesn't have a FB account nor does anyone he knows.
Once your grandparents start using an app like that it's over.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#32]
For the record, I'm more concerned with them allowing hate groups that advocate for violence based on race.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#33]
if we get our asses kicked in the next election I will blame lazy gun owners like you guys.

why is it a 60 year old guy like myself can have 2400 plus friends and none of the drama of which you whine? oh yeah most of my friends where not coddled as kids and we learned how to fight back and adapt easy. you ladies are leaving all the heavy lifting to us older folks, thanks a lot 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Facebook really is for losers and fags. - and not fags in the homo way, but someone who is a spent cigarette butt trying to re-breathe life in their limp existence.

I've not made a lot of money because I am not marketing on FB, but fuck them and all the idiots who think its ok to kiss ass and suck up to exist.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I guess you're referring to me but I always click on these thread for an "I told you so" or to admonish the OP for not being smart sooner.

However, like others have said already these always reek of attention seeking, which fits since that is what pushes people to post their lives online in the first place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you're referring to me but I always click on these thread for an "I told you so" or to admonish the OP for not being smart sooner.

Did you read why I closed it? They're allowing pages that recruit people who want to harm others based on race. That's a bit more than me wanting or needing attention.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Never had a Facebook account.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Got off FB 5 years ago when I got a real adult job. Had no desire to watch a bunch of petulant children hash it out daily. Don't miss it or any of the 'connections' I may have had.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
if we get our asses kicked in the next election I will blame lazy gun owners like you guys.

why is it a 60 year old guy like myself can have 2400 plus friends and none of the drama of which you whine? oh yeah most of my friends where not coddled as kids and we learned how to fight back and adapt easy. you ladies are leaving all the heavy lifting to us older folks, thanks a lot 
View Quote

4Chan and Reddit have us covered.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I use FB because it offers businesses a great way to reach out to customers about events and shit -- either through my personal page or business Pages. That's my primary goal for having it.

Secondly, I use it for information I might need. Like what time a certain restaurant closes or what's that business' phone number. Little quicker than Google IMO.

Lastly is friends and family. Why last? Because if I actually like you, I'll know what's up in your life because we talk and actually hang out on a regular basis.

And like someone else said, if you're seeing a bunch of liberal bullshit the its because you made it that way. My feed has lots of pro America and conservative news on it. I have a small handful of liberal friends that post ever so often, but it doesn't bother me. 95% of my friends think like me, its OK to have friends that don't.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can't dump what you never had.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Ive never seen a FB page removed at the first complaint. You have to respond to the automated review to get an actual person to look at the page. Anytime Ive pushed the issue the page or post has been removed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can't dump what you never had.
View Quote

Then explain the corn...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
why is facebook such a monumental part of people's lives here?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I quit FB right before I signed up for it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#45]
I dumped facebook around '06.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I have not Facebooked for roughly 6 years.  Don't miss it at all.

What sucks though is I don't do any social media and it seems all "give aways" require these for additional entries for chances to win.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Left after having it a few months back in , I don't know, 08/09 maybe. When I saw they changed your privacy settings with software updates and claimed your info as their property, I told Zuck to get fucked. It's a disease on society that the weak can't seem to overcome. My life hasn't ended without it as some would assume. Welcome back to humanity OP. Go do something useful with your new free time like build something. MAGA
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I heard it's pretty fun to create alter egos and troll people on there..
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I got off of Facebook 5 1/2 years ago and do not miss it.

What I saw was way too much middle aged drama, people using it to step out on their wives/husbands, etc. I know of two marriages that Facebook played an integral part in their divorce. No, Facebook didn't cause it, but it damn well made it easier.

I also was not interested in being friends with some of my co-workers.

When I saw 40-50 year olds acting like children, I decided it was time to quit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I quit FB right before I signed up for it.
View Quote

<insert are you a wizard pic>
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top