BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would like to see a movie based on the Predators point of view. Their species are basically big game hunters going from planet to planet on safari hunting the apex life form. I would like to see a movie where the Predator goes to a planet expecting to hunt one type of apex predator but turns out their intel was wrong, it is another apex life form where their weapons are wholly inadequate to combat them. Kind of like the scene in Aliens vs. Predators on top of the pyramid.
View Quote
Predators vs Space Jockeys!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
From the cast picture alone I deem it shit and will wait for it to hit syfy to even think about watching it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
None of them look strong enough to lift the pickup truck off of the blocks.  I'll be cheering on the predator in this movie.... $10 says the kid manages to outsmart the predator.
View Quote

the kid will figure out that the mud hides them from the predator.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Little kids ruin any action movie they are in. I'll stick with the original.

None of them are nearly bulky enough to be compared to the original cast.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this a CW miniseries?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So which one is the transgender ?
Which is gay ?

Are they on a SJW quest to save the world from global warming or another cause created by the evil white man ?
View Quote

the plot twist: all of them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]

It went from guys that look like they could be soldiers to guys that look like they hang out at Starbucks and read poetry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The actors in the new Predator do not remotely capture the veresimilitude (real word, look it up) of real Special Forces type soldiers.
View Quote

See that's the brilliance of it. Remember the line from the first: "Leave it. He didn't kill you because you weren't armed. No sport."

If I had to select a team to go predator hunting, I'd probably go with the cast of Glee. I mean the most emaciated, mangy, pajama wearing crew of beta bitches unworthy of filling a trophy case! We are witnessing genius level 4D chess at work here gentlemen!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
NO MORE REBOOTS!
I propose everyone just boycott all Hollywood reboots until they get the message.  I'm fine with sequels, but they seriously need to stop with the god damned reboots.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
wow casting director must be the biggest fruit loop in hollywood if they think that line up is Predator worthy
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys are looking at this all wrong.

Just be happy the cast isn't 100% female.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yay more multiculturalism bullshit.
View Quote

I'm kinda pissed there isn't a gay Eskimo (with phallic harpoon) or tranny Scotsperson in a minikilt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Plot twist, this cast all dies in the beginning, and this movie turns into Expendables 4.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Effing lame.  Hope the Predator wins within 10 minutes.

ETA:  looks like a buncha slack jawed faggots!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Another cool movie turned into a comedy. I'd take all those guys in the original VS the new cast right now. Where is the Indian dude in the new movie? Nobody to track the Predator.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
wow casting director must be the biggest fruit loop in hollywood if they think that line up is Predator worthy
View Quote

I do not care about the demographics count, but I have seen more HSLD looking military types at an American Legion post happy hour, than what you see in that new cast picture.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#19]
madTV - To Catch A Predator
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#20]

The bottom pic looks like it could be a legit special forces team from the 70s/80s/90s, just like the "serious" pic from Tropic Thunder looked like a legit Vietnam era pic.  

The top pic looks like a college Trump protest, with random guns thrown in.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Only way I see this being redeemed is if this cast is shown to be as hopelessly inept as they look and ALL of them die horribly and quickly which leaves the rest of the movie to be shown from the predators perspective as it hunts for an actual challenge.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Not enough black guys and kids. Hey, everyone remember the Total Recall sequel? Yeah, no one does because it was fucking ghey.

Olivia Munn trying to act again? Well, that's not a good sign either.

I wouldn't pay money to see this diahrea for all the tea in China.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I do not care about the demographics count, but I have seen more HSLD looking military types at an American Legion post happy hour, than what you see in that new cast picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that looks more "Hollywood HSLD" than "military." I 100% bought the original cast in their roles. Hell, I think that's half of what made the movie. PERFECT casting for each character. This crew? Nope.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Not gonna be the same without the physical presence that Arnold had in his cheesy 80s films. Most of the rest of the 80s cast had more physicality than any of the people in that reboot cast
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He's like Newt in Aliens. He's gonna know all the secret places to go and hide.
View Quote
Shane Black, (the guy on the left in the original), can't seem to write a story anymore without smartass kid in it.  (See The Nice Guys, Iron Man 3, The Last Boy Scout).  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#26]
This is retarded.  Plus, I'm still pissed about Will Smith and the ruined 3rd screen adaptation of I Am Legend.

We could easily have a better, more convincing, more capable, more entertaining cast from ARFCOM.

ETA: Hey, on the bright side maybe Red Letter Media will rip the fuck out of it and it will be hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Learned their lesson with Ghostbusters.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA:  looks like a buncha slack jawed faggots!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#29]
The kid will be found hanging upside down from a tree with birds eating his flesh.....cut to Predator polishing the little skull. Theater audience stands up and cheers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd be good with a cast of badass Isreali chicks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

None of them are nearly bulky enough to be compared to the original cast.
View Quote

In body mass alone...

Its always sunny in Philadelphia - Predator vs Transporter 2
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Based solely on that picture I'm going to say that the new predator movie will suck shit through a straw. A kid? Seriously?
View Quote

Probably be up there with the Ghost Busters reboot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#33]
My take, the kid ends up living with the preds by the end of this movie. He grows up learning their culture and tech, then the sequel.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm used to being disappointed with these PC minded remakes of classic films.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Spoiler alert:

The kid will make it...probably a really smart troubled kid from a broken home.  Olivia will kill the Predator thanks to an act of selflessness by one of the black guys...just as a relationship was building between him and Olivia.  The middle aged white guy will be a stooge who dies quickly, and the metro white guy will be lamenting how he's going to miss his partner Pedro right before the Predator kills him.

The Predator will be portrayed as extra mean and his shoulder thingie will make a noise that sounds like: "yuuuge, yuuuge" when it goes off, and it's tentacle hair will appear blondish and almost comb-overish at times.  

A hispanic guy named Gonzalez will be flying the helicopter for the evac, and the military CO back in DC will be a dapper and daring leader named Mohammed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#36]
That cast photo screams box office flop.
Christ, might as well make Predator transgender while their at it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Nothing will top the original
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The kid will be found hanging upside down from a tree with birds eating his flesh.....cut to Predator polishing the little skull. Theater audience stands up and cheers.
View Quote

Jim Hoppers son

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Spoiler alert:

The kid will make it...probably a really smart troubled kid from a broken home.  Olivia will kill the Predator thanks to an act of selflessness by one of the black guys...just as a relationship was building between him and Olivia.  The middle aged white guy will be a stooge who dies quickly, and the metro white guy will be lamenting how he's going to miss his partner Pedro right before the Predator kills him.

The Predator will be portrayed as extra mean and his shoulder thingie will make a noise that sounds like: "yuuuge, yuuuge" when it goes off, and it's tentacle hair will appear blondish and almost comb-overish at times.  

A hispanic guy named Gonzalez will be flying the helicopter for the evac, and the military CO back in DC will be a dapper and daring leader named Mohammed.
View Quote

Orange tint predator?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#40]
And guaranteed it's rated PG-13. Need a hard R for a Predator movie.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nothing will top the original
View Quote
Your avatar is amiss in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Remember that the OG Predator had 2 black guys, 2 hispanics (one a woman), and a Native American, before you get your panties in too much of a twist.
View Quote

Yeah, it covered all the bases, this is the BET casting, with a token white guy or two....

Typical Hollywood bullshit, just like the "new" super shitty bullshit Ghostbusters...

Fuck Hollywood and their PC bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We could easily have a better, more convincing, more capable, more entertaining cast from ARFCOM.
View Quote

Great... GD versus the Predator. Whole cast is a bunch of 6-foot-250plus guys who turn red when they run 20 feet, angrily debating 1911 vs. Glock and 9mm vs. .45, with ten pounds of Magpul shit all over their rifles. Predator never shows up because there's no sport.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#45]
If the guy in the middle is Joel Kinnaman would watch. He is a good actor, really liked him in the "The Killing" and most everything else he's played in.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Great... GD versus the Predator. Whole cast is a bunch of 6-foot-250plus guys who turn red when they run 20 feet, angrily debating 1911 vs. Glock and 9mm vs. .45, with ten pounds of Magpul shit all over their rifles. Predator never shows up because there's no sport.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know it could be awesome.

ARFCOM vs Predator

The subtitle/tagline would be: Just who the fuck is hunting who?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#47]
This is actually the reboot of To Catch a Predator, and they will be going up against pedophile middle aged white guys walking around the jungle carrying a ten dollar gas station bouquet, gummy bears and a six pack of schlitz.

[MovieGuyVoice] This summer, the audience will be asked to have a seat right there... [/MovieGuyVoice]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#48]
This is a joke right?  Something from Duffleblog?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No I don't, I just happen to not give a fuck what color the cast is.   
View Quote

Me either. But I would agree with most people here if the original starred Harold Ramis and Bill Murray! Some actors just don't fit parts, most of the ones pictured don't fit the part. The Key comedian guy? WTF? Imagine the original with Bill Murray instead of Arnold.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!...if it bleeds, we can kill it!"
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Not encouraging but I'll still probably watch it more than once when it hits cable.  John Wick 2 is the first movie I've went to the theater for in years.  I don't need much to justify watching a shitty move while cleaning guns or holding my balls.  Olivia Munn and predators running around will do just fine.

Short of the first Alien movie none of them have been particularly good films.  But I grew up with the storyline, and just like whatever version of Die Hard they make, eventually I will watch it.  And probably enjoy it even if it's shitty.

But I still enjoy things even if there's shit in them I think is stupid.  I've got another 20 years or so (I hope) before becoming completely disgruntled.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top