Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
not a fan of the new message list. with all the room available and an empty message window, it's now crammed into a 2 inch column that only shows 10 messages?  sorry, i liked it better when i could see more of my inbox
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That link isn't a normal youtube url, nor does it contain the actual video id. Use the normal URL for it or the share url which usually looks like: https://youtu.be/X4c9XZfsLDU
View Quote

You're right, that worked! I've always used the app on the iPhone and just hit the little arrow then copy the link. Where do you get the normal ID on the app?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't close the side bar menu thing on mobile device. Browser is AOSP browser. I can hit the X in the top right corner but it won't close. It works using chrome.

Edit...this has already been addressed by fat cat. My apologies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is in regards to the menu looking all weird? I have ie11 and it does not load this way for me. Do you have any weird settings? Font size changes? Anything non-standard?
View Quote
I am referring to the drop down menus eating up 80% of the page. When hovering over a drop down it does it in IE11 and Chrome 56.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Doesn't make sense. Thanks for the info though. I pushed a small change to the files that handle that menu, let me know if there's any change.
View Quote

Cleared, powered off/on both devices... no change

On the up side, site works just fine on my laptop with win 8 and Explorer
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
All right. Cleared phone Android 5.1 Chrome 53 and it is still eating up the screen with the discussion forums drop menu. Every browser I have is exhibiting the same.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Still no change for me.
And no bitching from me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What version ipad are you guys using?

When it's open, try switching to use full site mode for now. It should remove the menu entirely. We are looking to see what may be causing this, but we can't produce the same issue with multiple ipads and different versions. Obviously there's an issue, but it's much easier to figure out with something local that has the same behavior
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to 2nd this!  You've rendered the site unusable on iPad.  The entire left 1/4 of the screen is covered by this menu thing that won't go away.  The 'Member Panel'.  I had to go find a freaking computer to post from because the submit button is wiped out by the 'Member Panel'.  The 'x' in the 'Member Panel' doesn't close it and it doesn't go away except for clicking on gunstruction.  I am disappoint.

ETA:  I would like to add being an iPad, we don't have 'Control-refresh' or 'Shift-refresh' or whatever.  Holding down the Refresh button in Safari doesn't seem to help.  I deleted safari data for AR15.com, but I think it unreasonable to have to clear cache for all sites.

When it's open, try switching to use full site mode for now. It should remove the menu entirely. We are looking to see what may be causing this, but we can't produce the same issue with multiple ipads and different versions. Obviously there's an issue, but it's much easier to figure out with something local that has the same behavior

I'm running the Apple iPad 2 MC774LL/A Tablet (32GB, Wifi + AT&T 3G, Black) 2nd Generation.
v 8.4.1(12H321)

The 'Member Panel' appears to be on its own layer in front of the website.  It doesn't 'Popup' for me, but is a constant that allows me to scroll/browse the site behind it.  The real problem is that is obfuscates the left part of the screen, so many controls are rendered unusable/unreachable.

The 'Full Site' doesn't change anything for me.  I tap that in the 'Member Panel' and still get the same crap.

While I understand the issues with supporting the wide variety of platforms and versions out there, I running a pretty plane jane setup.  Browser extensions are nonexistent.  Furthermore, you are seeing this same problem reported across platforms, so it isn't just iOS, so don't be ragging on us too hard about versions and variations!

Can't you just turn it off so the site is usable?  Make it a preference and if someone needs their 'Member Panel', then can turn it on in their profile/preferences.

I trust you'll be extending memberships while we test your troubled rollout?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: Who do you use as an ISP? I'm leaning towards them holding some file in cache that is causing this. Can you try your phone through it's data and not on your wifi network. If the phone through your phone provider has a clear line, it should load the proper files and not have that menu issue.
View Quote

Spectrum.

My phone is on it's data plan only.

Refreshed in IE11 as you recommended with clear cache.

I still get this in every single browser I have available.

It starts out like this-
Attachment Attached File

And goes to this-
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Samsung Galaxy 5 phone - the member panel takes up left side of the display covering up everything behind it and it won't clear hitting the X or changing forums.  I've cleared cache & cookies, rebooted phone, but issue continues.  

Posting from my 10 year old desktop PC which shows up ok.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Goatboy, when I open a new incognito window and go to Arfcom the drop down menus on the top work properly. As soon as I log in, they start exhibiting the previously posted (incorrect) behavior.

Cleared cache, Chrome 56 desktop. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What phone and browser?
View Quote

S5 and UC Browser (number 1 mobile web browser in India)
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Using a Samsung tablet, I get the side menu showing up when using Internet Explorer,  but not with Chrome.

ETA: cleared my cache, forced stop with IE, and even restated the tablet with no change.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Works on my iPhone 7, but on the iPad the member panel won't go away. Cleared cache and all that jazz.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Updated my iPad, the side panel is showing up and disappearing randomly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I click share, then copy link. I just gives me a normally formatted URL without the unique share page your link was generating. Whatever you were using was generating an inline share embed versus an actual youtube link to a video. I don't even know where you do that.
View Quote

I click on the arrow thing, which is what I call the share button.
Attachment Attached File

Which brings this up and I click on the "copy link" button
Attachment Attached File

Which gives me this link in my clipboard " https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=Quk3pi0PO34 "

Not sure if it's always done that or what. It use to work tho. Maybe I need to update my app lol
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ok this I have not seen nor know how it's doing that. It does look like a pc/mac so try to shift+reload the page for me. Also what browser/version is that.
View Quote
Windows 10 and Chrome.  Tried refreshing, no change.
Tried it on another window10/chrome pc as well...same thing
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#27]
No luck clearing cache on both iphone and android tablet.  Member panel still covers up half the screen and unable to close it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No luck clearing cache on both iphone and android tablet.  Member panel still covers up half the screen and unable to close it.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#29]
My iphone has the sidebar stuck open on Safari and Chrome apps. I refreshed, turned phone off and on, and deleted browser and reopened, no fix since this morning. Thanks for working to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Oddly I can't clear the member panel from my Galaxy Tab, but it's not sticking on my Galaxy S6 phone.

Might it be something in your code to change the features based on screen size?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#31]
And I'd just like to add--sorry this is such a pain in the ass GoatBoy--you have a most difficult job, and we thank you for it!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok pushed a library update to try to address that side menu issue. Please let me know if there's any change.

View Quote

Still not working.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#35]
No joy. Side panel still shows after clearing cache and data and restart using IE on Samsung tablet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok pushed a library update to try to address that side menu issue. Please let me know if there's any change.

View Quote
No change on Galaxy Tab 4 after reboot.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone wake up Ed. Sr.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Same issue for me with Dolphin Browser and opera mini on android 4.4 mobile. clean installed both, and does same error in desktop or mobile mode in both browsers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#40]
How do I add an attachment to an email? I swear that was an option in the old system
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Tried this, still didn't work.

But i am an Apple fanboy, I always have problems.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ok third strike and I'm out... well out of my mind at least.

I changed how the menu functions, so it should behave in a more strict manner now.

Let's hope things are back to functional. Please let me know if that works for you guys. (You may need to reload the page 1-2 times for it to grab the latest files on mobile devices.)
View Quote
Still not working on my iPad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#44]
side panel still rekt....
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would like to 2nd this!  You've rendered the site unusable on iPad.  The entire left 1/4 of the screen is covered by this menu thing that won't go away.  The 'Member Panel'.  I had to go find a freaking computer to post from because the submit button is wiped out by the 'Member Panel'.  The 'x' in the 'Member Panel' doesn't close it and it doesn't go away except for clicking on gunstruction.  I am disappoint.

ETA:  I would like to add being an iPad, we don't have 'Control-refresh' or 'Shift-refresh' or whatever.  Holding down the Refresh button in Safari doesn't seem to help.  I deleted safari data for AR15.com, but I think it unreasonable to have to clear cache for all sites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So everywhere you go on the site, it's opening up by default, without you even clicking to open it?

What ipad are you using? You can try to close out of the browser tabs with arfcom, then opening a new one to start with. This shouldn't be happening.

Regular iPad. I've hit refresh, turned it off, the member panel won't go away.

Enough of my screen is covered that I basically can't click on anything.  The forum is now unusable on my phone.  I've cleared my cache, reloaded, etc. and nothing happens.  It doesn't let you close it nor does clicking to the right side do anything.  It does look like I can scroll from left to right now, which I could not before, which was very annoying because almost every post and the menu pages all cut off on the right side to some extent or another, preventing me from being able to read anything, without any ability to scroll.  Not sure if that was fixed for posts yet since I can't actually click on any form right now due to the issue with the member panel.  I'm using a Blackberry Q10.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Menu still stuck open when I select "View Full Site," Samsung Internet browser on a Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T230NU) tablet.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When it's open, try switching to use full site mode for now. It should remove the menu entirely. We are looking to see what may be causing this, but we can't produce the same issue with multiple ipads and different versions. Obviously there's an issue, but it's much easier to figure out with something local that has the same behavior.
Menu still stuck open when I select "View Full Site," Samsung Internet browser on a Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T230NU) tablet.

Kharn

Same here on my Blackberry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
side panel still rekt....
View Quote

Yar. They broketed it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#48]
@GoatBoy,  the latest change has pinned the 'Member Panel' to the top of the web page.  It still does not go away, but one can now scroll it off the screen, if the page content is tall enough.  So now only the top left side of each web page is unusable.  Why don't you roll back to last known good code and work this offline?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Still borked on my Tab.
Quoted:
@GoatBoy,  the latest change has pinned the 'Member Panel' to the top of the web page.  It still does not go away, but one can now scroll it off the screen, if the page content is tall enough.  So now only the top left side of each web page is unusable.  Why don't you roll back to last known good code and work this offline?
View Quote
The live server is always the best place to debug, every sys admin knows that.
Same with just having a few random devices laying around to check compatibility, no need to pay a test house to run your code and ensure it works across a huge array of devices.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When I try to compose an new IM, the layout is all screwed up.

The page is white, no buttons (just text), and the boxes for name, title, and message show up. I was able to send the email despite the problem.
View Quote

Same here on iPad except a new IM page doesn't even open when I click upon the IM USER button. I have to go into messenger and click compose to get to the broken page.

I cleared everything and restarted my iPad. Maybe as Goatboy suggested it may just take a little time for my iPad to pick up the new program.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top