BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

every married man i know who says they have a happy marriage is subservient to their wives, she runs the fucking show and he is not in control of his own life, im witness to it every fucking day of my life, maybe they know it maybe they don't, ignorance is bliss they say
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You remind me of my dad.  You know why he was never able to have a happy marriage?  Because he believed they didn't exist.

every married man i know who says they have a happy marriage is subservient to their wives, she runs the fucking show and he is not in control of his own life, im witness to it every fucking day of my life, maybe they know it maybe they don't, ignorance is bliss they say

What the hell part of North Carolina are you living in? Cary or Asheville?

15 happy years this coming Thursday.

And:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Hey, Johnny Sunshine, no one believes you either. You're obviously weapons grade bitter and wouldn't know what to do with a decent, loving woman if she suffered head trauma and fell for you.

But, I'm sure if you keep running your suckhole, you'll have us all convinced our happiness is an illusion. Won't that be a great day for you?
View Quote

don't protest too much just keep doing what you're doing if it works for you
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lol wow dude.

you might want to talk to someone, like a therapist or something. You go some shit living up there poisoning your daily life.
View Quote

there is a correlation between those that nash teeth at me the hardest about my "personal opinion" on this subject
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Calls people liars.  Acts surprised when they don't like it.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What the hell part of North Carolina are you living in? Cary or Asheville?

15 happy years this coming Thursday.

And:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/93880/c27cfc9dc659d0d00217ad257eb13ff6-150446.JPG
View Quote

no exes, married 22 years and counting

don't get too upset over my opinions on this subject just keep doing what you're doing
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
2 kids and 2 ex-wives.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
View Quote
View Quote

Does your wife know you feel this way? 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Married 5. Been together for 12, living together for 8. One kid.

Still hot. Loves to cook and clean to the point of working herself to death. Motivated and currently going back to school online. Likes to shoot. Just encouraged me to buy a .22lr suppressor for when our boy is old enough to shoot.

I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

anyone who says otherwise is a liar, naive, in denial, or their wife is a 1%er you won the fucking lottery women, i like to imagine they do exist but I highly doubt it, i've never seen an example in person

i made it multiple choice whatever shoe fit, I did not specifically call anyone a liar

don't be so upset over my opinions it does not necessarily reflect your situation

now if i believe it or not is my choice

no reason to get upset
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i made it multiple choice whatever shoe fit, I did not specifically call anyone a liar
View Quote

Dude.  You directly quoted some of us and said, "I don't believe it."  

You literally told us that you don't believe what we're saying.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

saying I don't believe it is not exactly the same as calling someone a liar

for instance if I believe your happiness is from naivety or denial

it's not calling you a liar

calm down really people no need to attack me over my opinion on  a subject
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
24 years of  bliss here. I got a keeper.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

and therein lies the mechanism of your bondage

it wasn't always so
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  No, I will no longer have sole control of my life.  I will have responsibilities as a husband and father.  I seek the things that need doing.  FW_wife needed a husband and the Sinister needed a father.  Fatalwishes had damn good taste in wemin, and FW_wife has been through fire and came out stronger.  And since she'd already been on ARFCOM before I met her, she was already prepared for half my goofy shit.  I think she's still reserving judgement on the Legos, though.  

and therein lies the mechanism of your bondage

it wasn't always so

Accepting the role and rewards of acting as a husband and father has ALWAYS meant accepting the responsibilities inherent in the roles.  FW_wife and the Sinister are delights in my life.  Even when I'm sitting @ the hospital w/ them waiting to find out that we've been up all night b/c he forgot to poop the day before.  I may not recognize the house when I get back from deployment, but that's the artistic side of her - she likes to reconfigure the house.  Is your wife as unhappy as you are in your marriage?  Y'all need to find something that makes you happy together, whether it's booze or dancing or Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Jesus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus.

there we go see wasn't that easy
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Again, sorry you are in a bad place emotionally and in your relationship.

But to thread crap in a thread that mentions ~ I'm having a great time~ isn't very kind.  I'm on my second marriage, 26 years, and it has been great.  Keep positive, Mike.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Accepting the role and rewards of acting as a husband and father has ALWAYS meant accepting the responsibilities inherent in the roles.  FW_wife and the Sinister are delights in my life.  Even when I'm sitting @ the hospital w/ them waiting to find out that we've been up all night b/c he forgot to poop the day before.  I may not recognize the house when I get back from deployment, but that's the artistic side of her - she likes to reconfigure the house.  Is your wife as unhappy as you are in your marriage?  Y'all need to find something that makes you happy together, whether it's booze or dancing or Jesus.
View Quote

is happiness a state of mind?

can one make chicken salad from chicken shit?

sure you can, but is it real
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Very happy here. Just gave mine a new AR for valentines day. She said she'd kick my ass if I sent her flowers (she was serious).
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But to thread crap in a thread that mentions ~ I'm having a great time~ isn't very kind.  I'm on my second marriage, 26 years, and it has been great.  Keep positive, Mike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank you for your honesty, i think you're right too much reality i'm shitting in people's happy place, I shouldn't do that, i'll stop now

don't worry just be happy now
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

thank you for your honesty, i think you're right i'm shitting in people's happy place, I shouldn't do that, i'll stop now

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank you for your honesty, i think you're right i'm shitting in people's happy place, I shouldn't do that, i'll stop now

Take care, Mike.  Best of luck to you and your wife.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
We got married in 1983. Got divorced in 1991. Lived together for 10 years. Got remarried in 2005. While I would have preferred to skip the lawyer enrichment part, the rest has been great. Just recently, she bought a Sig 1911 in 9mm and loves it so much she bought a second. Now she wants to go shooting once or twice a week.

I gave up on giving relationship advice since even my divorce was a failure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#22]
We met in 1983,married in 1994
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#23]
15 years of marriage next month and still going strong. I try every day to give him everything he wants, and he reciprocates in kind. We take care of each other. I match his socks up and make his coffee just like he likes. He digs holes for my rose bushes and grabs stuff off high shelves for me. These are the little ways we show our love every day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

no ex, married 22 years and counting

everyday is a struggle, but i'm a man that's what we do
View Quote

Damn sad man.

you gotta get some help, your shit sounds fucked up
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Damn sad man.

you gotta get some help, your shit sounds fucked up
View Quote

haha nah brah it's all good just be happy
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It almost sounds as though you resent the role of husband and/or father and the responsibilities that come with. That does not mean that others might not find enjoyment and fulfillment in those roles, just that you personally aren't cut out for it. Some people love their careers in engineering, accounting, law enforcement, etc, and I would find those to be miserable occupations, but that doesn't mean that they're lying to themselves about their enjoyment of those roles. Others would fine healthcare to be an absolute nightmare, but that doesn't mean I'm lying to myself about my enjoyment of my career. Some women love being stay at home wives/mothers, and other women adore their careers and would be miserable stuck at home with the kids day in and day out. That doesn't mean that either set is in denial about things or lying to themselves, just that they are different people who enjoy different things.

It's ok to not like what other people like, but if you assume everyone who doesn't fall in lockstep with your personal feelings on a given situation is a liar or just deluded, you're the one in denial.

Maybe it makes you feel better to think everyone is secretly as miserable as you are. I don't know. What I do know is that it simply isn't reality. I hope you find some happiness someday, though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It almost sounds as though you resent the role of husband and/or father and the responsibilities that come with. That does not mean that others might not find enjoyment and fulfillment in those roles, just that you personally aren't cut out for it. Some people love their careers in engineering, accounting, law enforcement, etc, and I would find those to be miserable occupations, but that doesn't mean that they're lying to themselves about their enjoyment of those roles. Others would fine healthcare to be an absolute nightmare, but that doesn't mean I'm lying to myself about my enjoyment of my career. Some women love being stay at home wives/mothers, and other women adore their careers and would be miserable stuck at home with the kids day in and day out. That doesn't mean that either set is in denial about things or lying to themselves, just that they are different people who enjoy different things.

It's ok to not like what other people like, but if you assume everyone who doesn't fall in lockstep with your personal feelings on a given situation is a liar or just deluded, you're the one in denial.

Maybe it makes you feel better to think everyone is secretly as miserable as you are. I don't know. What I do know is that it simply isn't reality. I hope you find some happiness someday, though.
View Quote

you got it all wrong brah, im happy because i say im happy

no need to defend your happiness just be happy now
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#28]
IMO, social media, computers and cell phones share a large part of the blame these days.
I understand that cheaters gonna cheat but when there is so much outside stimulant that wasn't available years ago, it may just be a factor.
Also, the assault on traditional marriage in the media and politics doesn't help.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

no ex, married 22 years and counting

everyday is a struggle, but i'm a man that's what we do
View Quote

Dad, I didn't know you had an ARFCOM account!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
IMO, social media, computers and cell phones share a large part of the blame these days.
I understand that cheaters gonna cheat but when there is so much outside stimulant that wasn't available years ago, it may just be a factor.
Also, the assault on traditional marriage in the media and politics doesn't help.
View Quote

The divorce rate and general marriage contentment surveys don't seem to be spiking with the advent of social media. We're still on the decline from the highs of the 1980's, as far as broken marriage goes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The divorce rate and general marriage contentment surveys don't seem to be spiking with the advent of social media. We're still on the decline from the highs of the 1980's, as far as broken marriage goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its ok.

Once Muslims take over the country, the divorce rate will hit rock bottom.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Very happily married 16 years.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NVM.  I just read your follow up posts.  It's sad unless I missed some sarcastic humor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

NVM.  I just read your follow up posts.  It's sad unless I missed some sarcastic humor.
View Quote

This is your first go-round with him, I see.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm starting to think I need a spreadsheet with names attached  Faces I remember, names I'm not so good at...

<<< sucker.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Marriage is probably the most over rated thing I've done in life so far.
You guys today are in the dating mode, take a good hard look at her mom and the other women in her family. You can bet money that she's going to be just like them when the new car smell wears off.
Choose very wisely. I love my children. They're amazing.But my wife, what a cold hearted miserable bitch to be married to. I just hope I can raise my daughter to not be a total cunt like her mom. I doubt I can over come genetics and biology, but I'll try.....The jokes on me. But I need to get my children raised first. Then it's do time to fo with an atlas rocket powered ejection seat.
FML....... Choose wisely. This can not be empathized enough. That goes for the ladies too. Choose wisely...
I chose rather poorly, but I've sealed my fate. My destiny for now is to remain broke with a woman that has a business degree, but spends so much more than she makes. Wants all this bullshit, but can't afford any of it. Isn't saving for retirement. The hot tanned gal that was fit and liked to fuck, cook and rub my back is a distant memory now. Now I pretty much do all the cooking and cleaning while she spends all her time on her ass shitty no paying job doing emails and bookface at home... sex... lol... Yeah right....
She likes her job because they blow lots of sunshine up her ass. Driving her own car all over this fucking valley to their locations. All she gets is some gas once in a while. Zero fucking mileage. When the bitch wants tires, she wants me to buy them. I suggested Hey, your boss should buy her tires, since she puts on almost as many miles for work than she does commuting. Of course, I was an asshole for saying that. Told me I just don't appreciate that she has "good" job. Lol. So I say well, you'll appreciate them tires even more when you buy them yourself my dear was my response. She Had no money. Couldn't but them. So much for that "good" job she has.....
I lol'd when she said we need to do a "budget". I said you need a budget. I asked how the fuck did u get a BA in business. You can't spend more than you make.... That's 101 level day one shit.... Yet she can't figure it out. Said she deserves a new car......Lol.... Go tell that to your loan officer maybe they'll feel you deserve it too..... I ain't buying shit.
She wanted to share accounts.....Lol... Yeah fucking right.... So she can spend every fucking dime? Did she think I'm an idiot?
It's like she thinks every thing runs on hopes and dreams? You don't get to have shit because you deserve it.... That's fucking retarded.... You have to buy them....Smh...
Fuck......me......
View Quote
Hope you had a happy Valentines' Day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Married 13 years to wife #2. I'm husband #3 for her. She chose poorly the first 2 times. #1 became an alcoholic after they got married. #2 wasn't man enough to handle it when her career took off. My 1st wife was a cheater. Fortunately, neither of us had kids with our prior spouses.

We met at work while we were both going through our divorces and compared notes on our soon to be exes. Several months later, the divorces were done... and we figured that we actually had a lot in common. So we went out on 1 date.. which led to a few more..

When things started looking like they might get serious, we had marathon discussions about things like religion, money management, whether we wanted kids, thoughts on raising kids,  expectations around running a household, sex, intimacy, guns, politics, etc. <- This is the piece that I believe too many people do NOT do which ends up causing them problems down the line. We were on the same page for probably 95% of the issues discussed. The differences were pretty minor..

Since we had gotten married the "traditional" way before and it didn't stick.. we decided to try something different. We ran off to Las Vegas and got married without telling anyone... in the Grand Canyon (took a helicopter to get there)... on Halloween. Our wedding album is pictures of us on Fremont St in our tux and gown with a lot of random strangers in Halloween costumes... It makes it easy to remember our anniversary and makes for a fun story.

I keep telling her she's my unicorn. She's a fantastic wife and mother and a great cook. She shot her first deer when she was 11. She hates chick flicks, romantic comedies, and reality TV. She has no interest in the 50 Shades of Gray movies and would rather go see something like John Wick or Star Wars. She enjoys watching football and I think she knows the names of more of the referees than I do. Neither one of us are in danger of becoming super models, but we keep each other happy in the bedroom very regularly. She is extremely smart and keeps me on my toes - I could never be married to a bimbo! I'm notorious for saying and doing ridiculous stuff and get at least a few big laughs out of her every day. One of my favorite things is when I do or say something that gets a really big laugh out of her.

My in-laws are awesome and celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last year. Fortunately, the bar was set pretty low with my wife's previous spouses. So my in-laws think I'm pretty awesome, too.

We have wonderful 11 year old daughter.. She's very thoughtful and compassionate.. I hope she doesn't grow out of that in her teens!

I like to call our marriage the triumph of hope over experience. It seems to be going pretty well so far.. I have definitely been blessed well beyond what I believe I deserve.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Two fun decades married to a wonderful woman. She always loves me and usually likes me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Nearly 33 years. 17 dirt bikes, 37? guns (her and her family got me into them). Can gut, skin and butcher deer. Cleans fish because she doesn't like the way I do it. We have had ups and downs bit the ups out weigh and are higher than the lows. She is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
every married man i know is run by his wife

those that resist are made miserable

those that submit are in bliss

<snip for brevity>
View Quote

Sir, personally I don't know you from Adam, and I'm not going to give you grief for your personal challenges in marriage.

I just want to make it clear that a man living in submission to his wife does not live in bliss from my anecdotal experience.  In fact, the happiest, most ideal marriage I've personally seen involves a man who both cherishes his wife and absolutely knows how to stand his ground.

Just my own observation.  I hope that you are able to find solace in your marriage someday.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Forty-four years.  Some up and down in the early years, but she sure knew how to make up.  I wouldn't take Ft. Knox for her. Happy is in your head and heart!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Our 15th anniversary will be in September.  It hasn't been all sunshine and roses, and it's a lot of work at times. In fact sometimes it's the hardest thing I've dealt with. But I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I'm a better man with and because of her.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
What happened to the guy in Team whose wife was in the hospital last night? Thread get deleted? I can't seem to find it today.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I am 32 years into a life sentence.

Torture can be so much fun.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What happened to the guy in Team whose wife was in the hospital last night? Thread get deleted? I can't seem to find it today.
View Quote

Req to delete due to PERSEC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Req to delete due to PERSEC.
View Quote

thank you.  was hoping for some good outcomes for that guy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#47]
30 years and going good
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Married my High School sweetheart.   It will be 49 years this December.  She is still the love of my life.  Whether it was good or bad or happy or sad we've experienced it all together.  Wouldn't have it any other way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#49]
10 happy years this coming May.

I guess I'm one of the 1%.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#50]
We need a badge, a new piece of arfcom flair.

How about, for everyone that can prove 10 or more years of wedded bliss, we get a 1% in a pink heart icon?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top