User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nursing.

100K is pretty easy to make with experience, but you won't make that fresh out of school.  Probably 60K, but it goes up.
View Quote
LOL RN's at the hospital my wife works at start at a measly 22 dollars and hour and are required to be 4 yr RN's. They max out at 27 dollars an hour. 

My wife isn't a nurse
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm an asshole that  fabricates stuff and fixes most of the other employees stuff.
So I have the right to be the shop asshole!!

Pay is 70% of what I'm worth.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Former management consultant, now in IT.  Traded one job where I traveled a lot, worked long hours and got paid a lot for a job where I travel a lot, work long hours and don't make nearly as much.  I would not recommend it.

My advice is do something that makes you happy because more money won't make you happy if your job sucks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Over 21 years in Law Enforcement, with less than 4 years until retirement. I'm a Detective in our Fraud/Financial Crimes Bureau. The area banks scoop up the guys from this Bureau as soon as they retire to work in their Fraud divisions for a starting salary higher than what we are making at the end of our LE careers. I'm leaning on following that route when I retire also, but I might be burned out of Fraud investigations by then.
View Quote

Hey, thats not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a refrigerator box I take to the local baseball field, I have holes cut in it at various heights and sizes.
I get an ad up on Craigslist the night before and usually can make around 500 for a mornings worth of 'work'
Mouthwash is essential. Once I am in there though its actually not that bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
blow people

I have a refrigerator box I take to the local baseball field, I have holes cut in it at various heights and sizes.
I get an ad up on Craigslist the night before and usually can make around 500 for a mornings worth of 'work'

So....fucking....HOT!

<---Faints dead away.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I just switched careers and I'm now in nondestructive testing. Great field to be in. Lots of work and money to be made.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Currently i'm a test engineer on the SLS program. I waffle between technical (design or system engineering), project/program management, and business development/capture management.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Former injection molding process tech that went back to school in his mid thirty's and is now a tool and die technician/machinist.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I live off a trust, working is for suckers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Director of hyperbaric and dive medicine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Illegal immigrant, retired.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Corrections 20+ years now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where about in California?   Just asking, for a friend  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Project manager for a design build construction company. I can't complain.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LOL RN's at the hospital my wife works at start at a measly 22 dollars and hour and are required to be 4 yr RN's. They max out at 27 dollars an hour. 

My wife isn't a nurse
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nursing.

100K is pretty easy to make with experience, but you won't make that fresh out of school.  Probably 60K, but it goes up.

My wife isn't a nurse

Move to Ohio.
Max out at OSU around $50/Hr.
I'm almost there, and easily make over $100K/Year with little OT.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My wife isn't a nurse
View Quote

Damn, I thought nurses were supposed to make bank.

I made more than that as a new grad PTA.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My wife isn't a nurse
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nursing.

My wife isn't a nurse

They need to call the police, because they are being raped.  

Houston wages are much, much better.

$27 an hour?  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I was an agronomist for 30 years. Retired last year and started my own ag consulting business. Yup, still doing the same thing only a lot less of it so I have time for other stuff for a change.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#19]
In the blue skies.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My wife isn't a nurse
View Quote

Same for my wife when she worked in Texas.  Here in Oregon she makes over $40/hr.

I'm a cop.  Make around 70k/yr and not topped out.  We spend a month or two a year traveling.  I'm not complaining
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I graduated with a degree in Mining Engineering last May.  Haven't been able to get a job in the industry.  There were hardly any junior mining engineering positions that opened up last year.  Of the 15 people or so who graduated from my class, I've only been able to find two who are working in mining right now.  I had a temp job doing office work for an exploration geology company, but that ended last month and they haven't gotten any more contracts and can't hire anyone else full time.  I've even put in applications for truck driving and labor at the mines, but haven't even heard back.  

I have a good connection through someone with a gas company in southern NV, so hopefully that works out.  

I also put in a rated application for Air Force OTS.  I took the TBAS and AFOQT and went through MEPS.  I'll find out in a month if I get selected.  After that is another physical, then it will be probably close to a year until I actually get to go to training.  

Hey, if anyone in Nevada needs someone with an engineering degree, I'm open for about a year  I have my EI certification
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Los Angeles County, but the whole state will soon be a Sanctuary, so you can survive anywhere here with free everything. It's all FREE!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#24]
University professor for 32 years. Retiring soon. Going deep cover. Special ops work for Kek.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I work for a diesel manufacture testing the prototype engine and driving trucks and wrenching on them when the need arises. Been doing that for 10 years now. Great gig once I start to think about all of the places that they have sent me. Been all over the US except for the far corners of the North East.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Mc'D's
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

And no it's not cool, or like being a pirate, or anything like that. If I could do it all over again I would be doing something else but it's all I know and it pays too well to get out of now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Truck driver
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#29]
NSA drug dealer
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Helo Mechanic.

100k for 6 months on, 6 months off
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Have you ever thought about inserting code that diverts a fraction of a cent of each transaction into an offshore bank account?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I go through thousands of lines of bank software looking for things that will fail when the Unix clock bug hits in 2038.
Have you ever thought about inserting code that diverts a fraction of a cent of each transaction into an offshore bank account?
Like in Superman 3?  That movie is underrated.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#32]
currently a gs6 0186 social services assistant at the VA, concurrently a full time BSN student at OHSU's school of nursing. Going to leave the va when I graduate, they start RNs really low for the area (something like $27/HR vs $40/HR I could get working for a hospital).
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Other men pay me to satisfy their wives.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Senior portfolio manager
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In Los Angeles County, but the whole state will soon be a Sanctuary, so you can survive anywhere here with free everything. It's all FREE!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True dat. Chapter Jackson wrote a song about it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Helo Mechanic.

100k for 6 months on, 6 months off
View Quote

goddamn that is awesome
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Bouncer for club America.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I work at Arby's, I've been working here for 12 years thus far and I've been told that if I work hard enough, I can one day be the assistant manager and if I suck the right dick, I might even be manager one day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Thirty years in high tech. Mainly Product Marketing.
Field Service Engineer before that.
Oldsmobile Mechanic before that.
Managed a Beach Rental Co. (sailboats, surfboards, cabanas) before that. <-- Should have stayed, the tourist chicks were amazing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Freight railroader.  Highest promotion is locomotive engineer.  80k is about my average which is poverty wages compared to the rest of arfcom but I do well in Oklahoma.

ETA-  I could make significantly more if I were to relocate to a place like Amarillo.  Not gonna happen tho
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Operations/Field Engineering for a pipeline company, 31y/o, ~110k/yr with bonuses.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Retired.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Commercial electrician
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Operations/Field Engineering for a pipeline company, 31y/o, ~110k/yr with bonuses.
View Quote

working in oil was great while it lasted, would love to get back into it, i stay in touch with all the guy i worked with and according to them things are still pretty slow
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I clean the sofas in the back room of the strip club.

Actually , machinist for 30 plus yrs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I manage a team of 10 clinical analysts who support the hospital's clinical applications and electronic medical record. I am an RN but also have a BS in IT. Myself and my team are Epic certified so the pay is pretty good. I make $110k a year. Analysts in this line of work make $70- $90k. Most of my team are either nurses or pharmacists.

I had 6 years IT experience prior to becoming a nurse. I was only an RN on the floor for 2 years, an analyst for 4 years, and a manager for 2 years. I am at the mid-range for my pay scale.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Glazier not to be confused with a glacier. 

Glass work is interesting. 
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

goddamn that is awesome
View Quote

Best job I've ever had.

It's actually 2 months on, 2 months off, but the math works out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Heavy equipment operator in NYC, love my job.. loathe driving through NYC on a daily basis. Excellent pay/benefits, made 4x's what my wife made as a full time er nurse.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Glorified garbage collector. Part time.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top