User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Punch your smug face in the taco.

Are you so ignorant that you dont know how reserve department officers are paid?  Yes

Are you so ignorant that you just take internet rumor as truth that said "armory" exists? Yes

Are you so ignorant that you dont know that if said "armory" existed that it would not be paid for by city or state funds? Yes

Are you so ignorant that you will come up with an even more uninformed stupid reply? Hell yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about I snitch them out because as a tax paying citizen of the state of New Mexico I have a vested interest in how my tax money is being spent in a city of <500 that for some reason requires multiple reserve police officers and an extensive armory.

If people shun shining a light on government corruption... then fuck them.

Punch your smug face in the taco.

Are you so ignorant that you dont know how reserve department officers are paid?  Yes

Are you so ignorant that you just take internet rumor as truth that said "armory" exists? Yes

Are you so ignorant that you dont know that if said "armory" existed that it would not be paid for by city or state funds? Yes

Are you so ignorant that you will come up with an even more uninformed stupid reply? Hell yes
I know some Po'Dunk agencies are shifty as fuck when it comes to reserve programs and the handing out of badges to folks that don't deserve them and should not have them happen. I know of Po'Dunk agencies that are shut down because of discrepancies and other issues. 

If this agency has a history of handing out badges to folks that don't deserve them there is a problem. WTF is a Po'Dunk, Middle of Nowhere, tiny one blinking traffic light town need with a reserve cop in NC?

My first agency was huge on reserves. We had to do a minimum of 40 hours a month for the first six months and then 16 a month after that. We also had to live in the general vicinity. The only exception was a retired detective of the agency that stayed on as a reserve and lived in GA instead of South FL. The agency allowed him to serve all of his reserve time in one shot since he flew down. That amounted to two weeks of free police work for the agency. 

Yeah, so far it sounds like that agency (in OK I think) that handed a badge to the old campaign doner that shit and killed the suspect instead of tazing him. After the investigation they determined that the agency handed out badges as political favors. 

So once again.... what is this agency doing and needing a NC resident as a reserve cop? He can't suit up and respond when the agency needs additional manpower for a call out. So what's the deal?

Sounds like he got the badge for LEOSA and nothing more. The agency should not be doing such things. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Another Lake Arthur "reserve officer" is the departments class 3/ title II dealer....
Can you say "conflict of interest"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet the amount/type of NFA equipment that is in that tiny department's possession would be interesting to see 

Another Lake Arthur "reserve officer" is the departments class 3/ title II dealer....
Can you say "conflict of interest"?
That's pretty common , makes it easy to get demo letters to get post samples .

However ATF has cracked down on it a bit 
Looks a little odd when a Podunk sheriff requests a demo of a VZ37 lol 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's pretty simple. So far, according to every report. Pressburg was under the influence of alcohol. LEOSA says you can't carry and drink. The majority of States have laws that say you can't be under the influence of alcohol and I'm damn sure that Oregon is the same. Lastly, you shouldn't be in possession of a firearm and drinking anyways. The two don't mix just like driving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you believe that everything is on the up and up with this town of less than 500 people and its reserve officers from the east coast?

Dont know dont care. Im sure Arfcom has convinced itself
that it is needed to right this colossal wrong though.
It's pretty simple. So far, according to every report. Pressburg was under the influence of alcohol. LEOSA says you can't carry and drink. The majority of States have laws that say you can't be under the influence of alcohol and I'm damn sure that Oregon is the same. Lastly, you shouldn't be in possession of a firearm and drinking anyways. The two don't mix just like driving.

Your reply wasnt even related to the question that was asked. Typical.

To reply to your response anyway. Yes what you say is all true. Even the subject of the thread know its true.
Its just the echo chamber of dick biters smearing their hollier than though moral high ground. When
the ground truth is we all fuck up. Sometimes to the extreme. Its happened before and will happen again.
How many wanna come out and say that they have never drink and drove? Everytime the chance of
something bad happining is real. But you still fuckin do it anyway.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sunlight is a great disinfectant.
If that department has nothing to hide then they will welcome a state/fed audit of their finances, employment roster and inventory.

Why does some dude from Arkansas have such a vested interest in podunk New Mexico?
View Quote

In that case you should feel fine that the IRS is coming to do an audit of
your finances and transactions going back the last 10 years.
I mean you like sunshine right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To reply to your response anyway. Yes what you say is all true. Even the subject of the thread know its true.
Its just the echo chamber of dick biters smearing their hollier than though moral high ground. When
the ground truth is we all fuck up. Sometimes to the extreme. Its happened before and will happen again.
How many wanna come out and say that they have never drink and drove? Everytime the chance of
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you believe that everything is on the up and up with this town of less than 500 people and its reserve officers from the east coast?

As a gun owner, a cop, and prior service guy I make sure not to do stupid shit like carry in a bar when drinking and then finger fucking my gun and shooting my BIL. 

It is pretty simple common sense here.

DON'T CARRY THE GUN WHILE GETTING SHIT FACED!

That isn't a simple mistake. That is a shit ton level of lapse in judgement and belongs to a moron more than a "distinguished combat veteran and reserve police officer". 

It is no different than getting drunk and getting behind the wheel of a vehicle and plowing into a pedestrian or another vehicle.

I don't drink and drive and I don't drink and finger fuck guns/carry.

Pretty simple rule.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If that department has nothing to hide then they will welcome a state/fed audit of their finances, employment roster and inventory.

Why does some dude from Arkansas have such a vested interest in podunk New Mexico?
View Quote

You keep trying to sound smarter than you really are throughout GD today.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Private Tax Payer versus Tax Payer Funded Public Government Agency.

Nice job at comparing apples to turkey shit.

A government agency should be inspected, audited, and reviewed multiple times and that information posted to the public. If not you get corruption like Obama Administration and Hillary Clinton State Department. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my tax bracket IRS audits are a frequent occurrence.
Been there done that, passed with flying colors.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You keep trying to sound smarter than you really are throughout GD today.
View Quote

And what vested interest do you have in podunk New Mexico?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are really projecting on the "everyone drinks and drives" implication.

It's not that hard to completely avoid drinking and driving along with guns and drinking.  You have absolute control of all the variables, it isn't a case of misfortune falling upon you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't project your OWI choices on everybody else. I only hope a cop catches you before you hurt someone.

A guy that gets .25BAC drunk at his age is proof he is an idiot.

A guy that plays with guns while that drunk is a reckless idiot.

Actions have consequences.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread has really outed who supports drinking and driving and other such activities. I ain't no teetotaler and I love having drinks. But the fact that folks here are white knighting someone that purposefully went into an establishment that sells alcohol and then that someone decided out of his own volition to consume said alcohol and later finger fucked his gun.....  sigh.....

No damn different than someone getting smashed and behind the wheel. 

Then on top of it all. We find it that he's a reserve with a middle of nowhere po'dunk agency in Mew Mexico that hands out reserve badges like political candy when he lives in North Caorlina just so he can get LEOSA is the cherry on top of this shit bowl.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's what their city ordinance says on the matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state of New Mexico has an excellent state run reserve program with the New Mexico Mounted Patrol.
A certified NMMP officer can work under any department in the state.
It makes zero sense for a town like Lake Arthur to have its own reserve program instead of utilizing the NMMP program.
Unless you wanted to avoid accountability...

Like I stated earlier, just do a Google Maps streetview tour of Lake Arthur. Look at its proximity to Artesia.
Tell me with a straight face that the Chaves SO couldn't handle all that towns policing duties with State Police assistance and a mutual aid agreement with Artesia.
Every time I drive down Hwy 2 there is at least one State Police officer patrolling between Lake Arthur and Hagerman because that road is an awesome speed trap.
If... IF the town needs a full time police officer and a few reserves why not utilize the well established and vetted NM Mounted Patrol program?

It's fuckery in the first degree.
I'm guessing this fiasco may kill the Chiefs little racket.
A state/fed investigation into the reserve programs "armory" would be interesting as well.
Buying LE machine guns and suppressors on letterhead but using personal funds and then the department "issuing" those weapons to a reserve officer who lives out of state and never actually works...

Presumably the Mayor/City Council is aware of all this right? What's in it for them to allow this to continue?

A standard officer requires the mayor to swear them in.  In that town the chief can swear in reserve officers.  I wouldn't be surprised if the mayor didn't know how many liabilities were running around on the city's name.
Are you saying that is a rule for NM? Becuase never in my career when I worked for the cities was I sworn in by the mayor. 

That's what their city ordinance says on the matter.

I'd say it's a bit telling that what ought to be a very minor local ordinance in an extremely small town in the middle of nowhere SPECIFICALLY mentions a Federal law which grants the people covered by the ordinance the privilege to carry nationwide.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not disagreeing on:
    drinking while carrying

handing out badges as 50 state carry permits

However, I do hope that all concerned make it through this ordeal.  I've been shot in an ND and went through pure hell because of it (I wish that crowdfunding was a thing back when I got shot, the financial pain was worst of all), but I never sat there and hated the guy that shot me; I think that many of you are getting caught up in the vitriol.  

MiamiJBT, hit ya back on IM.  We are still bros, bro
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread has really outed who supports drinking and driving and other such activities. I ain't no teetotaler and I love having drinks. But the fact that folks here are white knighting someone that purposefully went into an establishment that sells alcohol and then that someone decided out of his own volition to consume said alcohol and later finger fucked his gun.....  sigh.....

Then on top of it all. We find it that he's a reserve with a middle of nowhere po'dunk agency in Mew Mexico that hands out reserve badges like political candy when he lives in North Caorlina just so he can get LEOSA is the cherry on top of this shit bowl.
View Quote

It appears it wasn't at a bar, it was a residence.

Biallas wrote that he arrived at the Rossmore Street home to find a 64-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound to one leg. Medics said the shot had broken bones in the leg, Biallas wrote. The victim’s sister recently married Pressburg, the affidavit says.
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35292810-75/story.csp
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not disagreeing on:
    drinking while carrying

handing out badges as 50 state carry permits

However, I do hope that all concerned make it through this ordeal.  I've been shot in an ND and went through pure hell because of it (I wish that crowdfunding was a thing back when I got shot, the financial pain was worst of all), but I never sat there and hated the guy that shot me; I think that many of you are getting caught up in the vitriol.  

MiamiJBT, hit ya back on IM.  We are still bros, bro
View Quote
Fine Latina Mulatta Ass Club Bro!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fine Latina Mulatta Ass Club Bro!
View Quote

Precisely
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A government agency should be inspected, audited, and reviewed multiple times and that information posted to the public. If not you get corruption like Obama Administration and Hillary Clinton State Department. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda like when NC Alcohol Law Enforcement getting in trouble for basically running a gun buying club for its officers.
most of the news links are gone but this guys blog covers the gist of it
buy stuff declare it unserviceable and then sell as surplus , rinse and repeat
https://www.ncgunblog.com/2011/02/06/kimber-pistols-dont-impress-at-nc-division-of-alcohol-law-enforcement/
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kinda like when NC Alcohol Law Enforcement getting in trouble for basically running a gun buying club for its officers.
https://www.ncgunblog.com/2011/02/06/kimber-pistols-dont-impress-at-nc-division-of-alcohol-law-enforcement/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sickening
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A standard officer requires the mayor to swear them in.  In that town the chief can swear in reserve officers.  I wouldn't be surprised if the mayor didn't know how many liabilities were running around on the city's name.
View Quote

Are you claiming this is NM law that an officer must be sworn in by the Mayor of a Municipality?  It's not that way in CA.  Just has to be an official.  First Department I worked for, County Clerk swore me in, second and current Department was sworn in by the COP.  If you are saying that the Mayor might not know what the Chief is doing, that is possible.  However, my experience is that Chiefs who do that wind up unemployed, quickly.

Edit: I saw your link to the City's Muni code, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude finger fucked a gun while drunk and shot his BIL. 

I don't care if he's Trump the God Emperor himself, the Man that killed Hitler with Bin Laden's gun, or the guy that peels potatoes in the back of the kitchen at Ft. Benning for the recruits before they go down range.

HE SHOT SOMEONE WHILE BEING SHITFACED. 

The firearms' community as a whole needs to wrangle in these asshats and ride herd on them. As a cop, as former US Army (nothing special at all), and as a gun owner folks like him make us look bad. 

Enough with the tacticool shit. Enough of rolling in a Galls catalog and CCWing like you're rolling into Syria. Enough of the special lingo like "Sheep Dogs", "Meat Eater", "Pipe Hitter", etc.... Enough of "Driving" the Gun while "Operating". 

Sweet fucking Jesus! Jeff Cooper didn't do this shit. He wore Jeans, tucked in button down shirts, and a ball cap and he was one bad ass mother fucking Marine that served in WWII and Korea. Bill Jordan is the same deal. Dude spent 30 years on the border as a USBP Agent and got into countless gun fights and served as a Marine in WWII and Korea. Theye didn't do this stupid shit.

Why the fuck is every tacticool 'tard doing the same now and fucking us over?
View Quote

Yeah, Chuck's not a Tactical Timmy.  Think more flip-flops, jeans, t-shirt and trucker hat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Biallas wrote that he arrived at the Rossmore Street home to find a 64-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound to one leg. Medics said the shot had broken bones in the leg, Biallas wrote. The victim’s sister recently married Pressburg, the affidavit says.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect example of how 8 pages of hate on a guy few know, all saying he fucked up shooting a guy in a bar, and he was not in a bar...

it pays to wait until all the facts come out before you board the hate train...and some of you haters are LEO.. that's telling... and a bit scary.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you claiming this is NM law that an officer must be sworn in by the Mayor of a Municipality?  It's not that way in CA.  Just has to be an official.  First Department I worked for, County Clerk swore me in, second and current Department was sworn in by the COP.  If you are saying that the Mayor might not know what the Chief is doing, that is possible.  However, my experience is that Chiefs who do that wind up unemployed, quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a state law, it's a city ordinance that I linked to in another post.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Perfect example of how 8 pages of hate on a guy few know, all saying he fucked up shooting a guy in a bar, and he was not in a bar...

it pays to wait until all the facts come out before you board the hate train...and some of you haters are LEO.. that's telling... and a bit scary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that location in which the shooting took place change the fact that he was drunk at .25?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's worse is that he shot somebody while drunk. You know, the whole focus here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

"All" are not saying he shot a guy in a bar. Ive noticed one person saying that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Does that location in which the shooting took place change the fact that he was drunk at .25?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you there?
Did you read the police report?
Did you interview at the scene?

The Point went well over you. This is why we have due process and the pretense of innocent until proven guilty, so everyone gets a day in court, but you and a few others have already judged, just waiting on your sentence...

Does the fact he was a Reserve officer change the facts as well??

Always the fucking Air Force guys....
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn, I should have taken the ALE job. Pretty shitty article though, the ALE does a lot more than he lets on, but that is definitely a big fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Were you there?

The Point went well over you. This is why we have due process and the pretense of innocent until proven guilty, so everyone gets a day in court, but you and a few others have already judged, just waiting on your sentence...

Always the fucking Air Force guys....[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif[/img]
View Quote

In the interest of full disclosure, I am one of those "fucking Air Force guys".
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What's worse is that he shot somebody while drunk. You know, the whole focus here.
View Quote

It would take the LEOSA angle out of the specific incident.

Still leaves several other points of contention in play.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#31]
It seems that he has a lot of very close friends here. While the rest of us wait for the facts to come out, what is he telling his friends? It's been several days since it happened.

If it went down another way than what was reported, is he sharing his side of the story to correct the record? If the police framed him or the media lied about what happened, shouldn't he go public and defend himself?  

Those of you who are lashing out and talking down to everyone in an attempt to defend him might do him more favors by letting us know what really happened.  It seems like there has been more than enough time for the real truth to come out, especially in a relatively simple situation. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Were you there?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you there?

Due process is a legal term and has no bearing on discussions on a discussion board.  As it turns out people expressing opinions on a discussion board aren't actually able to give down criminal or civil sentences.

Does the fact that I'm in the Air Force change those facts?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It seems that he has a lot of very close friends here. While the rest of us wait for the facts to come out, what is he telling his friends? It's been several days since it happened.

If it went down another way than what was reported, is he sharing his side of the story to correct the record? If the police framed him or the media lied about what happened, shouldn't he go public and defend himself?  

Those of you who are lashing out and talking down to everyone in an attempt to defend him might do him more favors by letting us know what really happened.  It seems like there has been more than enough time for the real truth to come out, especially in a relatively simple situation. 
View Quote

You actually think his attorney would let him comment publically in an open criminal matter?  That's why there are a few....like me...just suggesting that perhaps people should wait to judge but that's not going to happen here obviously.  And the one poster is correct, this isn't a court of law...the arfcom GD is light years from that...so no one need presume innocence or wait for every detail to emerge.  I'm just happy a defense attorney openly admits to concocting stuff for big bucks.  I know it happens but that was refreshing to see.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:... a defense attorney openly admits to concocting stuff for big bucks.
View Quote

In other news water is wet and guns and alcohol don't mix.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, because releasing everything in order to sway opinion on social media is such a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You actually think his attorney would let him comment publically in an open criminal matter?  That's why there are a few....like me...just suggesting that perhaps people should wait to judge but that's not going to happen here obviously.  And the one poster is correct, this isn't a court of law...the arfcom GD is light years from that...so no one need presume innocence or wait for every detail to emerge.  I'm just happy a defense attorney openly admits to concocting stuff for big bucks.  I know it happens but that was refreshing to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

joke
noun |\'jok\

1) a)
:   something said or done to provoke laughter; especially
:   a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

First off, yes, dude fucked up and I guarantee you that he knows it.  Retiring from an elite military unit just months ago to this... Just remember that idiots didn't last long at his previous job, so no doubt he understands just how bad this looks.

However, it seems to me you're projecting a bunch of random hate for irrelevant stuff onto a man who's served his country in a special operations capacity for more than 2 decades.  

I still maintain we should wait for more relevant facts of this terrible event to come up.  A lot of the folks who are proclaiming that this is making gun owners look bad, are the ones project malicious conjecture and spreading the story as far and wide as possible.  First time I heard of the incident people were claiming Chuck had shot someone at a bar.  Facts we know so far is that it was a tragic accident, that thankfully, did not become too tragic.  No one died, but this is still a life changing event and I think "we" as a firearms enthusiasts should be more careful of how we condemn and support each other.  Someone with Chuck's resume gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Just my opinion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care if he's Trump the God Emperor himself, the Man that killed Hitler with Bin Laden's gun, or the guy that peels potatoes in the back of the kitchen at Ft. Benning for the recruits before they go down range.

The firearms' community as a whole needs to wrangle in these asshats and ride herd on them. As a cop, as former US Army (nothing special at all), and as a gun owner folks like him make us look bad. 

Enough with the tacticool shit. Enough of rolling in a Galls catalog and CCWing like you're rolling into Syria. Enough of the special lingo like "Sheep Dogs", "Meat Eater", "Pipe Hitter", etc.... Enough of "Driving" the Gun while "Operating". 

Sweet fucking Jesus! Jeff Cooper didn't do this shit. He wore Jeans, tucked in button down shirts, and a ball cap and he was one bad ass mother fucking Marine that served in WWII and Korea. Bill Jordan is the same deal. Dude spent 30 years on the border as a USBP Agent and got into countless gun fights and served as a Marine in WWII and Korea. Theye didn't do this stupid shit.

First off, yes, dude fucked up and I guarantee you that he knows it.  Retiring from an elite military unit just months ago to this... Just remember that idiots didn't last long at his previous job, so no doubt he understands just how bad this looks.

However, it seems to me you're projecting a bunch of random hate for irrelevant stuff onto a man who's served his country in a special operations capacity for more than 2 decades.  

I still maintain we should wait for more relevant facts of this terrible event to come up.  A lot of the folks who are proclaiming that this is making gun owners look bad, are the ones project malicious conjecture and spreading the story as far and wide as possible.  First time I heard of the incident people were claiming Chuck had shot someone at a bar.  Facts we know so far is that it was a tragic accident, that thankfully, did not become too tragic.  No one died, but this is still a life changing event and I think "we" as a firearms enthusiasts should be more careful of how we condemn and support each other.  Someone with Chuck's resume gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Just my opinion

Just stop already.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

joke
noun |\'jok\

1) a)
:   something said or done to provoke laughter; especially
:   a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
View Quote

Thank you Mr. Webster.  You are quite helpful.  I bet you hear that a lot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah, because releasing everything in order to sway opinion on social media is such a good idea.
View Quote
And what are all the people here saying "wait for the facts" and berating people, or posting letters and hashtags on Facebook trying to do? Could it be that they are trying sway opinion? 

Again, it's fine to say you support him. We all screw up. It's part of being human. I hope he gets past this and gets whatever help he needs. I don't want to see anyone mess up their life, regardless of their background.

But shouting down anyone who takes the story at face value doesn't make any sense. Especially when we have people here calling others inferior democrat hillbillies and even belittling and insulting other veterans and police officers. It's disingenuous. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thank you Mr. Webster.  You are quite helpful.  I bet you hear that a lot.
View Quote

You seemed to be taking Aimless's obviously silly quip as something worth disparaging, so pointing it out seemed necessary.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#43]
If this had been just some local nobody, I bet there wouldn't be as many people defending his irresponsible actions, but more "stupid games, stupid prizes" posts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You seemed to be taking Aimless's obviously silly quip as something worth disparaging, so pointing it out seemed necessary.
View Quote

Nope.  Not at all.  I find lots of things defense attorneys say silly.  I know exactly what he meant.  No one works for free.  But thank you for your assistance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Damn, I should have taken the ALE job. Pretty shitty article though, the ALE does a lot more than he lets on, but that is definitely a big fuck up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Little more through article/blog
http://privateofficerbreakingnews.blogspot.com/2011/02/nc-ale-agents-say-kimber-weapons-were.html
looks like the director was forced to retire at least partly over the new guns every 1-2 years issue
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And what are all the people here saying "wait for the facts" and berating people, or posting letters and hashtags on Facebook trying to do? Could it be that they are trying sway opinion? 

Again, it's fine to say you support him. We all screw up. It's part of being human. I hope he gets past this and gets whatever help he needs. I don't want to see anyone mess up their life, regardless of their background.

But shouting down anyone who takes the story at face value doesn't make any sense. Especially when we have people here calling others inferior democrat hillbillies and even belittling and insulting other veterans and police officers. It's disingenuous. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize that you're alleging a conspiracy theory on social media?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Just curious. How many people here actually know what happened? How many people know what happened at his court hearing last Friday.

Trying to formulate a position based upon facts. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You hit a new level of douchebaggery with that one. Snitch out people that
you dont even know to the ATF all because you percieve that you are not one of the cool
kids. Or they got something you dont. So it aint fair to you. So you are so vested in the
situation that you feel the need to snitch someone out to the ATF based on a rumor
you heard on the internet.

No wonder people shun this place like they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At a minimum, the State or the BATF/FBI needs to take a deep hard look at that "department".

You hit a new level of douchebaggery with that one. Snitch out people that
you dont even know to the ATF all because you percieve that you are not one of the cool
kids. Or they got something you dont. So it aint fair to you. So you are so vested in the
situation that you feel the need to snitch someone out to the ATF based on a rumor
you heard on the internet.

No wonder people shun this place like they do.

You are really off of your meds. If you knew me you'd know that I AM one of the cool kids with taxpayer funded happy switches that I get to take home and travel around with and I came by those privledges honestly and through hard work and not being a jackass who gamed the system.  I'm not dropping a dime on anyone. Never would.  I don't have to. Plenty of folks in the know have seen this thread and I'm sure they'll be down in cooterville, NM or whever the armpit town is and they'll be asking questions and looking at paperwork. All because someone gamed the system and then appeared on the radar for being drunk + stupid + firearms reckless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just stop already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion
Just stop already.

Seriously. I'm still curious on waiting for what "facts" that will come out about this that will exonerate him. If you support him, fine. Good on you. I respect the guy. But the glaring problem here is the guy made a mistake and instead of people in the industry making an excuse for him because of his service, why not rally around him and say "hey, this guy fucked up. He needs our help and lets make sure he gets the help he needs."? Oregon is a pretty liberal state, especially the Eugene area, this is something to take into account when you preach "wait for the facts"
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just curious. How many people here actually know what happened? How many people know what happened at his court hearing last Friday.

Trying to formulate a position based upon facts. Thanks!
View Quote

No one here knows what happened.  But the police affidavit was filed and is public record.  News agencies have quoted directly from the police affidavit.   For someone think this is all a misunderstanding and would be cleared up in time (as some people originally thought - because gosh there's no way Pressburg could have had an accident or been handling a firearm while drinking), you'd have to believe the responding officer lied in his police affidavit or you'd have to believe that a news outlet can't properly quote a police report.

I have to make a second post to quote the article.  See below.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top