Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/31/2017 4:07:28 PM EDT
Just received this from my Congressman, Doug Lamborn.

1/31/2017

Congressman Lamborn released the following statement following his introduction of two bills, H.R. 726 and H.R. 727, to defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and National Public Radio (NPR): “Republicans and the new Administration need to demonstrate that we take our fiscal responsibility seriously. American taxpayers do not want their hard-earned dollars funding superfluous government programs just because that is the way things have always been done. That’s why I have reintroduced two pieces of legislation to permanently defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and National Public Radio. CPB received $445 million during Fiscal Year 2016, and this money could be put to better use rebuilding our military and enhancing our national security.” - Congressman Doug Lamborn (CO-05)
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
So, he brought a date?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, he brought a date?
View Quote

I know.  My congressmen don't send me the date.  I have to look at a calendar like a commoner.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not tired of winning yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, he brought a date?
View Quote
Not sure why the quote got cut. I'll fix it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I see no issues with this.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed both my senators and rep to bag NPR.  I got a phone call from one's staffer who basically said, it's on the agenda.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Great deal,lets do it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Personally, I like the NPR and CPB, IF they were not so partisan. They always seem to bash conservative causes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm okay with this.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see no issues with this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I like NPR.

inb4 Im a liberal hillary supporter.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a drop in the proverbial bucket, but I'll take it. 

My cynical side says this will never leave committee, but...fingers crossed. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Spend less when you're hopelessly in debt?

Hey, that's not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like NPR.

View Quote
I like some of it, too. 

They can pay their own way. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I fucking love it!

Yes I enjoy some of the programming, but I HATE the political bs that accompanies it and hate the fact they are getting taxpayer money to spew it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck yes!

I wonder if that's why CPB and NPR have been playing those blurbs where their anchors basically state, 'We tell the truth so it's important we stay on the radio." they know their days are numbered.

Fuck them. I hope they're defunded and fucking fired and spend the rest of their lives pan handling under an overpass in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like NPR.

View Quote

Naw, nothing wrong with that, I listen from time to time, and I like Public Broadcasting too...but if enough people like them they will survive on their own...or not, doesn't really matter that much to me.

I do know my taxpayer dollars shouldn't be used to help fund these notoriously left wing organizations...

A local talk show host back in Buffalo used to laugh and give the local PBS station shit whenever they did their pitch for money...he said by far they had the most comfortable, most high tech, most gold plated offices/broadcast center of ALL the local TV stations....they are all living high on the hog...
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Lulz.

McCain will oppose it
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#23]
they are desperate.

they have had more republicans on these past two weeks than in the past 10 years.

too late, fucktards.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#25]
i'll piss myself like an excited puppy if it happens.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, that's fine, but I think it would be better to pass a bill making their funding contingent on their coverage being fair to both left and right, as determined by a board made up of equal numbers of liberals and conservatives. Apply the Fairness Doctrine on any station that receives public funding.

This would cause NPR/PBS to hire fair journalists, unfuck their news coverage, and offer shows to balance out their coverage that emphasize the conservative point of view—and all of that would be broadcast all over the US on those granola-eating stations. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Good, hope it passes...
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
After listening to PBS at lunch I would have to agree.
Those people are loons of the highest order.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not tired of winning yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing will change.  They will continue broadcasting their propaganda.  Most of their funding comes from Gates & Soros, et al.

They are money making machine.  Your local public stations pay them for the privilege of rebroadcasting their propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#33]
YES
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Personally, I like the NPR and CPB, IF they were not so partisan. They always seem to bash conservative causes.
View Quote

So then what's there to like?

I would like my wife if she didn't call me a fat loser all the time.

I would like my car if it didn't break down all the time.

I would like my job if it didn't suck all the time.

Yeah doesn't compute.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Good.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do too, it's a shame they can't keep their partisan bias out of the programs. they'll just have to do it without my tax $s in future
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well, that's fine, but I think it would be better to pass a bill making their funding contingent on their coverage being fair to both left and right, as determined by a board made up of equal numbers of liberals and conservatives. Apply the Fairness Doctrine on any station that receives public funding.

This would cause NPR/PBS to hire fair journalists, unfuck their news coverage, and offer shows to balance out their coverage that emphasize the conservative point of view—and all of that would be broadcast all over the US on those granola-eating stations. 
View Quote

No, the government has no business in this area.  There are lots of private and non-profits doing a fair to excellent job and that is where it ought to be.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't forget their tireless efforts against your right to arms.  I stopped listening when they wouldn't shut up insisting that 95% of Americans supported gun prohibition.

Propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, the government has no business in this area.  There are lots of private and non-profits doing a fair to excellent job and that is where it ought to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll have to disagree.

It would be far better for the conservative cause to be on all those stations while being guaranteed an equal opportunity to state the case for conservatism. Milo could have his own show on PBS, and I would love to watch that.

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We'll have to disagree.

It would be far better for the conservative cause to be on all those stations while being guaranteed an equal opportunity to state the case for conservatism. Milo could have his own show on PBS, and I would love to watch that.

View Quote

It will never happen.  you are also now in the position where a government bureaucrat is determining what is, and what is not, "conservative"

worst libertarian eva
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They are money making machine.  Your local public stations pay them for the privilege of rebroadcasting their propaganda.
View Quote

And the local public stations get that money from Corporation For Public Broadcasting, i.e. our tax dollars.  $445,000,000 last year.

Half a BILLION DOLLARS of our own tax money is weaponized against us annually as anti-white, anti-straight, anti-male, anti-conservative, anti-Deplorable propaganda.  That shit needs to stop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And the local public stations get that money from Corporation For Public Broadcasting, i.e. our tax dollars.  $445,000,000 last year.

Half a BILLION DOLLARS of our own tax money is weaponized against us annually as anti-white, anti-straight, anti-male, anti-conservative, anti-Deplorable propaganda.  That shit needs to stop.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And the local public stations get that money from Corporation For Public Broadcasting, i.e. our tax dollars. "viewers, like you"  $445,000,000 last year.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the local public stations get that money from Corporation For Public Broadcasting, i.e. our tax dollars. "viewers, like you"  $445,000,000 last year.

That's not the shows.  That's the infrastructure we pay for.  Like 100% publicly funded stadiums but the NFL decides Hamilton will sing at the superbowl.  Gates and Soros own the teams.  The actual propaganda shows are privately funded but they use our publicly funded system to broadcast their garbage.
We can turn off the stations but the propaganda will just move to another channel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#45]
They should just play classical music , and nothing else, no shows, no shit , no commentary.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ha!
View Quote

its almost like they are all members here... and we just dont know it..  we could very well be running this administration.   behind the scenes 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

its almost like they are all members here... and we just dont know it..  we could very well be running this administration.   behind the scenes 
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I emailed both my senators and rep to bag NPR.  I got a phone call from one's staffer who basically said, it's on the agenda.  
View Quote

Me too, sans phone call. One of them sent me a nice letter saying hey dipshit, this is a federal issue and I'm a state congressman, you want this guy. Apparently I missed that part.

I had already emailed him too though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
they are desperate.

they have had more republicans on these past two weeks than in the past 10 years.

too late, fucktards.
View Quote

no shit huh?   feeling the pressure of the dumb left shilling they were pulling for the last year. 

if tax dollars are funding something like this.. then it needs to be 100% A political ..   just the fucking facts.   
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I like some of it, too. 

They can pay their own way. 
View Quote

The elite "educated left" is their top consumer. They will gladly fund it, I'm sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top