Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 6:13:12 PM EDT
I've got an Armalite M4 style upper I bought years ago during Armalites 12 days of Christmas sale.  Had it for over a year before I ever even shot a round through it and it splits the case neck on nearly every round. Probably close to 10 years old now.  After destroying 90 pieces of new factory brass doing mag dumps for MAGA right after the Inauguration I'd had enough of this upper.  (I have 15 ARs)  Ordered a blem special from PSA (already shipped )  The bad Armalite upper will become a dedicated 22lr upper now.  Been happy so far with stuff from PSA but have never bought an upper from them so just curious.  Only $229 so no big loss if not.  16 inch with 13 inch keymod
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only bought their premium or CHF barreled uppers and have had good luck with them. If the upper you got was a melonited Freedom upper the reviews on them are good. If it's the lower priced Ptac stuff the reviews are a mix, a lot of junk Ptac uppers went out at first but they seem to be getting better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a few and they are good to go, well worth the price.My biggest complaint about PSA is they keep costing me $
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine. 14.5" CHF light weight. Probably 5000 mostly suppressed  through it at least and I've boresnaked it twice.

It'll shoot 1.5" Moa off a rest with good ammo.

Its on the left.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few and they are good to go, well worth the price.My biggest complaint about PSA is they keep costing me $
View Quote

They are eating my son alive since I turned him onto them
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
8 PSA uppers and not a single problem with any of them so far. They were all Premiums and Freedom uppers, I haven't tried Ptac yet. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The killer is that Armalite upper on sale was around $600 and that was a great price back then  Waited way too long to ever talk to them about the problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a stripped upper from them and this thing is out of spec in every direction. Now I know that can happen with anyone but the worst part is the customer service, it's been almost 3 weeks and they still haven't called me back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just bought a stripped upper from them and this thing is out of spec in every direction. Now I know that can happen with anyone but the worst part is the customer service, it's been almost 3 weeks and they still haven't called me back.
View Quote

Ugh  I'm hoping this is Blem from Finish scratches like advertised and not out of spec.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a rifle built using one of their Dissipator uppers.  It ran fine, but I wound up selling it almost instantly, because I wound up wanting something else more.

i think about rebuilding another PSA periodically, but the wolf A1 upper has my attention.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered 2 of them in the last 2weeks.  I got one and one will come tomorrow.  The one I got was a moe rifle kit with a 1/8 stainless barrel.  Seems nice, fits the lower well, and function checks ok.  The front rail was clocked the slightest bit, but was easy enough to remedy.  The buis and optic were more than I have into the rifle.  The day after I ordered it, a blemish 1/7 stainless barreled upper went on sale, so I ordered that and it will be here tomorrow.  I basically got them to play with camo paint and did not want to spend a lot of money. Edit- damn, I tried to keep my toes out of the picture

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just ordered 2 of them in the last 2weeks.  I got one and one will come tomorrow.  The one I got was a moe rifle kit with a 1/8 stainless barrel.  Seems nice, fits the lower well, and function checks ok.  The front rail was clocked the slightest bit, but was easy enough to remedy.  The buis and optic were more than I have into the rifle.  The day after I ordered it, a blemish 1/7 stainless barreled upper went on sale, so I ordered that and it will be here tomorrow.  I basically got them to play with camo paint and did not want to spend a lot of money. Edit- damn, I tried to keep my toes out of the picture

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208931/IMG-0024-131614.JPG
View Quote

Good god man are you sure that's a toe?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good god man are you sure that's a toe?  
View Quote

87% sure
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Edit- damn, I tried to keep my toes out of the picture
View Quote

You made a good effort.  Perhaps you can photoshop it out or add a box of ammo on top of it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
If this is what they consider a blem I'll take it!
Attachment Attached File

Nice upper for the price, Thanks PSA!!!

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top