Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2017 6:03:39 PM EDT
Wife and i went out last night to do our gender reveal. She had seen the tannerite packs with the chalk bags and decided thats what she wanted to do. I looked at it and decided that for 75$ we can do a much bigher boom if we get the stuff ourselves. So i got 25# of 34-0-0, 1# of AL powder amd 20# of blue chalk. Got a 3 gal bucket that i mixed in the AN and AL together and shook it up as i added a little bit at a time. Emptied the chalk into ziplock bags and put the bags on top of the bucket. When i shot the bucket all i got was a little poof (the gunshot was 100× louder). Im not sure what went wrong and just trying to figure it out. I shot it with an ar, as far as my research has gone, thats enough to set it off. All i can think of is maby i didnt do exactly 95 to 5 ratio. I still have about a pound or so left of the AN.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The child will choose its own gender when its old enough. Don't interfere and pre=judge.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Your gender reveal resulted in a little poof? Not sure how to take that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job OP, you might as well just start putting him in dresses now
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Stop trying to cisnormalize you child, privileged bastard!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
What is this 'gender reveal' that you and your wife were...ah...performing or...um...revealing?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your gender reveal resulted in a little poof? Not sure how to take that.
View Quote

Shoulda been quite the boom with 25# of tannerite, but it was a poof. Haha a blackcat fire cracker was louder
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What is this 'gender reveal' that you and your wife were...ah...performing or...um...revealing?
View Quote

You shoot the tannerite and have red or blue chalk around it. The tannerite explodes the chalk and you get a blue or red(pink) cloud of dust. To show either a boy or a girl.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
That would have been a gender reveal party i would actually enjoy, until the poof part.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Poofter thread.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That would have been a gender reveal party i would actually enjoy, until the poof part.
View Quote

Heck yeah who doesnt enjoy shooting and loud booms. Haha the poof was definently a let down. I dont know what happened
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Poofter thread.
View Quote

Holy shit, my exact thought.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My guess is the mix ratio was wrong and not mixed thoroughly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thankyou for the input. Haha taking a beating in this thread
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Damp AL powder maybe?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#15]
You assumed it's gender so it poofed 

Go for 50lbs next time with 10lbs of chalk!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mix ratio should be 95% AN to 5% AL powder.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damp AL powder maybe?
View Quote

If it was, it was shipped that way. It was sealed in 2 bags shipped and i didnt open it until i got there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You assumed it's gender so it poofed  Go for 50lbs next time with 10lbs of chalk!
View Quote

Haha i almost did do 50#. But it was already 100$ for the amount i did.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Back in my day, we just told our family members what we were having.  We didn't have parties for it.

Oh, and 25# of tannerite is fully retarded.  You're lucky it didn't go off like it should have.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#21]
As someone who has been forced to go to numerous 'gender reveal' parties....

Gender reveal parties are gay and you should feel bad for not telling your wife you want nothing to do with such a horrible idea. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#22]
PROBABLY THE COOLEST GENDER REVEAL I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The mix ratio should be 95% AN to 5% AL powder.
View Quote

Yeah i read on a thread here a guy did 4 cups AN to 3tblsp AL. Next time ill have to use a scale.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back in my day, we just told our family members what we were having.  We didn't have parties for it.

Oh, and 25# of tannerite is fully retarded.  You're lucky it didn't go off like it should have.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Gender reveal parties are gay and you should feel bad for not telling your wife you want nothing to do with such a horrible idea. 
View Quote

How many of those parties had explosions?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

We didnt do a "party" my wife and i went out by ourselves to do it amd record it to send to family. Noone els was there. Dont you have a trump thread to go crash or something.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You shoot the tannerite and have red or blue chalk around it. The tannerite explodes the chalk and you get a blue or red(pink) cloud of dust. To show either a boy or a girl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A-ha! Neat...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#28]
What did you shoot it with?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We didnt do a "party" my wife and i went out by ourselves to do it amd record it to send to family. Noone els was there. Dont you have a trump thread to go crash or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome ...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What did you shoot it with?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]
556 is iffy on setting off tanerite. Especially a larger amount. Should have went 308 to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
This!

These things are THE MOST self centered, special snowflake, "everybody look at me", "everybody tell me I'm special", "someone find out what gender my baby is, keep it a secret and plan a big reveal party and make it a special day for me", bullshit I've ever heard of in my entire life. 

You (not specifically directed at OP, just in general) are having a baby, congrats! ......but newsflash....no one besides your parents really give a flying suck what gender it is 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wife and i went out last night to do our gender reveal. She had seen the tannerite packs with the chalk bags and decided thats what she wanted to do. I looked at it and decided that for 75$ we can do a much bigher boom if we get the stuff ourselves. So i got 25# of 34-0-0, 1# of AL powder amd 20# of blue chalk. Got a 3 gal bucket that i mixed in the AN and AL together and shook it up as i added a little bit at a time. Emptied the chalk into ziplock bags and put the bags on top of the bucket. When i shot the bucket all i got was a little poof (the gunshot was 100× louder). Im not sure what went wrong and just trying to figure it out. I shot it with an ar, as far as my research has gone, thats enough to set it off. All i can think of is maby i didnt do exactly 95 to 5 ratio. I still have about a pound or so left of the AN.
View Quote

Probably the wrong kind of an most of it that you'd buy as fertilizer is i think perlated? Or something like that and makes it unsuitable for binary
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#34]
That's what we did too. With just family, we had a good time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This!

These things are THE MOST self centered, special snowflake, "everybody look at me", "everybody tell me I'm special", "someone find out what gender my baby is, keep it a secret and plan a big reveal party and make it a special day for me", bullshit I've ever heard of in my entire life. 

You (not specifically directed at OP, just in general) are having a baby, congrats! ......but newsflash....no one besides your parents really give a flying suck what gender it is 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!

Then maybe every fucking person who talks about the pregnancy shouldn't ask "is it a boy or a girl?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
556 is iffy on setting off tanerite. Especially a larger amount. Should have went 308 to be sure.
View Quote

I had planned on using my 308 and even brought it. But i just put new scope rings on it and hadnt zeroed it yet. The sun was already down and didnt want to waste time sighting it in. So i used the ar, if i go again ill use the 308 for sure.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This!

View Quote

Yep thats why we werent doing a party.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Probably the wrong kind of an most of it that you'd buy as fertilizer is i think perlated? Or something like that and makes it unsuitable for binary
View Quote

Rhe reviews i read the people had used from this seller and it worked
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's what we did too. With just family, we had a good time.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/278107/IMG-0659-1944x1296-131582.JPG
View Quote
glad yours worked
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#40]
WTF is a gender reveal?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
WTF is a gender reveal?
View Quote

a new stupid big showy way to tell people if your fetus is male or female.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disregard.

I thought this was one of those 'parties' where you drag everyone and their dog over to your house at about 2:00 on a Sunday when they could be doing better things and make them try to care about the gender of your baby.

If you just filmed it with the intention of sending it to family, that's actually pretty cool. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#43]
It needs to be packed tighter. Putting the chalk bags in the bucket probably messed you up. You want the container to be sealed (lid) and be as small as possible to fit it all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Disregard.

I thought this was one of those 'parties' where you drag everyone and their dog over to your house at about 2:00 on a Sunday when they could be doing better things and make them try to care about the gender of your baby.

If you just filmed it with the intention of sending it to family, that's actually pretty cool. 
View Quote

Yes that was the intent. Didnt even tell anyone what we were doing, was just going to send the video and say its a boy
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back in my day, we learned the sex of our babies when they came out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It needs to be packed tighter. Putting the chalk bags in the bucket probably messed you up. You want the container to be sealed (lid) and be as small as possible to fit it all.
View Quote

Does it need to be packed tight? The mixture was in the bucket amd it had the lid on. The chalk was on the bucket not in. Although the mixture didnt fill the bucket completly it still had about 5"  space to the top. But it did have the lid on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#47]
poofter thread.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy jeezlus, stop the presses. TT is right about something!!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Gender reveals are the stupidist fucking things ever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#50]
How long has this retarded shit been a social custom?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top