Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched it online.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So we have National Mall Truthers now? Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
More pictures of people who couldn't get in due to security, and protesters

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/PdSWNHQ.jpg

You know what I see when I look at the right side of the image; a whole lot of mother fuckers not working.
View Quote

And they all had to take public transit...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Y'all are forgetting the attendance around the nation. Virtually every large city has had a YUUUUUGGGEEE turnout "for" Trump.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
DC is surround by hardcore Dem states, all within a short drive/train ride.  Trump supporters likely had to travel much farther to get there so it makes sense that there would be slightly less of a turnout. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So why do you keep bringing up the popular vote to delegitimization the current President?  EIther the popular vote matters, or it doesn't.

And please detail out how the Electoral College is currently corrupted.
View Quote

I only bring the popular vote in terms of making statement about the US population as a whole. It's a separate issue all together from the method of electing the POTUS.

I'd advise you to go rear the Federalist Paper No.68 written by Alexander Hamilton ( I hope you all know who he is).  He talks about in detail how the electoral college was to function and why it was put in place. But in the nutshell:

1) Found Fathers did not want the public have any direct say in whom the POTUS should be
2) Electoral College was to be completely indirect election of the POTUS
3) The people were only suppose to vote for electors in each state to represent the people.  THEIR name was to be on the ballot, nothing else.  And until 1800s that was actually the case.
4) The electors were to vote INDEPENDENTLY, totally among themselves to decide who the POTUS will be.

Now since 1800s, the two parties corrupted this process to stay in power.  Now the electors are FORCED to elect the "predetermined" POTUS, so instead of having indirect elections, we have state-level direct elections.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The popular vote DOES matter in the way that is shows whether or not the general populace is in agreement with you. Trump has an uphill battle. He's still president, but he has a LOT of opposition out there. DENYING THAT is political suicide.

Once upon a time, we elected Electoral Voters to go and make their best decision on our behalf. That's why whoever finished 2nd was VP. It wasn't until later that EV voters had party affiliation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why do you keep bringing up the popular vote to delegitimization the current President?  EIther the popular vote matters, or it doesn't.

The popular vote DOES matter in the way that is shows whether or not the general populace is in agreement with you. Trump has an uphill battle. He's still president, but he has a LOT of opposition out there. DENYING THAT is political suicide.

Once upon a time, we elected Electoral Voters to go and make their best decision on our behalf. That's why whoever finished 2nd was VP. It wasn't until later that EV voters had party affiliation.

No, wrong again. The Republicans have continued to gain ground in the Senate, House, (now with the presidency we will gain the SCOTUS back), and we've stampeded the Dems in the States. It's not so dire. But I will say that if Trump doesn't improve the economy in four years then the union turds who got him elected will just flip back to voting for democrats to give up more of your freedoms to maintain their paychecks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I just want to know why do some of you are even discussing this subject? Do you not have anything productive to do with your life?

Who cares???? It must really suck living a pathetic life worrying about some number of people that showed up for some guy. Do you think that debating this subject is going to change anything?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I watched it online.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who gives a flying fuck how big it was... This shit is so fucking stupid.
View Quote

THIS X1000000

The way Trump is handling this is disappointing to say the least.  The response to "you had less than obama's first inaguration" should be "who gives a fuck?"  There were legitimate factors that would decrease attendance (riots, shitty weather) but at the end of the day, it's completely irrelevant.  And Trump flipping out about it gives it relevance. 

It should basically be "well how did it compare to hillary's inaguration attendance?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Trump has won Presidency though the established Electoral College.  Nation is hardly becoming more and more conservative when 2.8 million voted for the Democratic candidate at the same time.
View Quote

Governorships
State legislatures
Both houses of congress
Presidency

Huh wat?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I only bring the popular vote in terms of making statement about the US population as a whole. It's a separate issue all together from the method of electing the POTUS.

I'd advise you to go rear the Federalist Paper No.68 written by Alexander Hamilton ( I hope you all know who he is).  He talks about in detail how the electoral college was to function and why it was put in place. But in the nutshell:

1) Found Fathers did not want the public have any direct say in whom the POTUS should be
3) The people were only suppose to vote for electors in each state to represent the people.  THEIR name was to be on the ballot, nothing else.  And until 1800s that was actually the case.
4) The electors were to vote INDEPENDENTLY, totally among themselves to decide who the POTUS will be.

Now since 1800s, the two parties corrupted this process to stay in power.  Now the electors are FORCED to elect the "predetermined" POTUS, so instead of having indirect elections, we have state-level direct elections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, every president since 1800 has been illegitimate. Good call, bro.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Watch a timelapse of the National Mall on Inauguration Day

PBS video was edited.

You can see crossfade. watch the bottom of the gif, it syncs with the vid

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So your big "gotcha" is that the nation is leaning more towards a philosophy that has a lot in common with conservatism? Derp.
View Quote

Yes. Libertarianism is completely separate philosophy all together. It actually rejects everything that make "conservatism" a "conservatism".
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would love to know how you came to the conclusion the nation is "more and more" conservative when:

1) More people are pro-gay marriage.....including Trump BTW
2) More people are for legalizing marijuana
3) Attendance of places of worship is steadily decreasing
4) GOP president vote the presidency (per what is the law) with 2.8 million preferring his opponent

Sorry to tell you....but this nation is becoming more LIBERTARIAN, a philosophy that shares a bunch in common with conservatism but is all together a different thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you think the Presidency is the only thing Conservatives have won over the last few years?

The fact is even if Trump lost to the worst person the Dems have ever run, the nation would still be becoming more and more conservative.

I would love to know how you came to the conclusion the nation is "more and more" conservative when:

1) More people are pro-gay marriage.....including Trump BTW
2) More people are for legalizing marijuana
3) Attendance of places of worship is steadily decreasing
4) GOP president vote the presidency (per what is the law) with 2.8 million preferring his opponent

Sorry to tell you....but this nation is becoming more LIBERTARIAN, a philosophy that shares a bunch in common with conservatism but is all together a different thing.

Much truth here.
And if the Republicans see the light with Trump who is the least socially conservative candidate I have seen in my lifetime, they may pick up even more votes.
There are a lot of Democrats who are fiscal conservatives and pretty tired of the direction of the party but remain dems due to a wedge issue like a gay family member.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you support this statement with any federal statute or law? Other than specific states?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't care if 3 people had shown up.  We President Now.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Unimportant distinction in the case of our system. Your president vs. the president of the federal system in which you participate. Try not to lose any sleep over noodling out the minute differences there, champ.
View Quote

Actually there is a big distinction.  There are only two possible "your" associations.  One is the "emotional" connection "your" one chooses to have on individual bases aka "your favorite coach". And the only other one is "your" that implies "command hierarchy" aka "your boss".

Now, I neither voted for Trump. Nor does he hold any command over me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]
was there, it was yuuuuge.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#22]
i know i took some time off over the summer and up until after christmas.   but I'm fucking shocked at the amount of hillary supporters are on this site..  

ETA:  especially ones that are legit supporters and not just trolling from a different site,...  not even '16ers 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]
twitter photos and videos of protesters impeding people seeking to enter the mall.

https://twitter.com/LovelaceRyanD/status/822464514293661696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/LovelaceRyanD/status/822432946812555264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/LovelaceRyanD/status/822429564156702720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/AlexR_DC/status/822435603031724032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/AlexR_DC/status/822433942733258752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/AlexR_DC/status/822438363567390720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/822430787651964928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/822433180842070017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://i.redditmedia.com/c3fHHP8HkB41Bx7DBHr8mvsxKHMLG4K9d4M-Pw6zgOA.jpg?w=632&s=efe96110cd0ef6316554243d6f019736
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So we have National Mall Truthers now? Awesome.
View Quote

Light turnout can't melt steel beams!!!1111  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep, every president since 1800 has been illegitimate. Good call, bro.
View Quote

This is you:

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Actually there is a big distinction.  There are only two possible "your" associations.  One is the "emotional" connection "your" one chooses to have on individual bases aka "your favorite coach". And the only other one is "your" that implies "command hierarchy" aka "your boss".

Now, I neither voted for Trump. Nor does he hold any command over me.
View Quote

Lol....sovereign citizen huh...well that explains a lot...bet Trump could destroy your life all legal like if he so chose, between the IRS, DHS and a  bunch of other programs he is head cheese of...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
i know i took some time off over the summer and up until after christmas.   but I'm fucking shocked at the amount of hillary supporters are on this site..  

ETA:  especially ones that are legit supporters and not just trolling from a different site,...  not even '16ers 
View Quote

No, not everyone who points out false statements from the administration or disagrees with them is a Hillary, or Cruz, supporter. I just prefer real facts, not the fake ones.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what the ignore button is for.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can you support this statement with any federal statute or law? Other than specific states?
View Quote

Elector selection, and how they must act, is legislated by states. Not feds.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol....sovereign citizen huh...well that explains a lot...bet Trump could destroy your life all legal like if he so chose, between the IRS, DHS and a  bunch of other programs he is head cheese of...
View Quote

Sure he could blackmail me, like the Russians LOL, but he has no legal power over me....  That's where the subject vs citizen comes into play.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Trump has won Presidency though the established Electoral College.  Nation is hardly becoming more and more conservative when 2.8 million voted for the Democratic candidate at the same time.
View Quote
Fuck your popular vote,it is meaningless. As if: Can you think that campaign strategy may differ under a popular vote system? Trump didn't campaign where those votes came from, namely CA & NY. Mostly CA, adding the huge numbers of illegal alien votes that obama instigated makes it seem much different than the facts. Did the flyover states ever count the absentee ballots? 

Fucking stupid to even mention the popular vote when our country doesn't use it. Democratic Republic, figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will post it again.

Clinton won California by 3.4 million, and NY by 1.5 million votes.  I can't speak for you, but I have to hazard a guess and say that 3.4 million + 1.5 million is less than the 2 million Clinton won by.

So again, RE: popular vote numbers.  Do they REALLY tell the story about how the general public feels, or do they tell the story about how big cities feel

RE: the EC, I have to give that explanation a heartfelt "meh".  I can't consider that a corruption as it is still doing what the Founders envisioned.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Regardless of how many people attended, I know for a fact that more Americans showed up for Trump's inauguration than Obama's. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How many time does the "fake" claim need to be debunked?  MAGA supporters really that butthurt few showed up?

GIGAPIXEL taken Front to Back

http://i67.tinypic.com/16jlw28.jpg

Same time taken by Washington Memorial EarthCam Back to Front.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2akb7ms.jpg
View Quote

You could at least ask david brock to pay for your membership here, if you are so intent on CTR
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decent summary.  I will have to read that.

RE: popular vote, it's not about the general population.  What you are seeing is the difference between big cities and rural values.  If you look at a map, there is a WHOLE LOT MORE rural than urban areas.  Rural areas are, by and large, conservative.

It is also a fact that overall the Democrats have lost seats at all levels of government in every election since 2010.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#37]
As I predicted in another thread huge crowds around the monument that could not gain access to the mall.

This a picture taken by a guy on reddit while Trump was speechifying.

Here is what he said

It was extremely hard to get to the National Mall as most streets were fenced off and there was only a few ways to get there. The line for the mall was enormous and if I didn't come here I would have probably still been in line by the time the inauguration was over.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Weird.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Spicers numbers from the new brief contradict yours by over 200 thousand.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As I predicted in another thread huge crowds around the monument that could not gain access to the mall.

https://i.redd.it/ecly7t4zj9by.jpg
View Quote

What was keeping them from going on the Mall?  (Hint:  USSS wasn't screening people on the Mall.  Just people at the Capitol grounds / Parade route.).  You're gonna have to find a better excuse.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What was keeping them from going on the Mall?  (Hint:  USSS wasn't screening people on the Mall.  Just people at the Capitol grounds / Parade route.).  You're gonna have to find a better excuse.
View Quote

Check points (holes in security)  blocked by the real world versions of you.

Dont give a fuck Dave is famous for pulling his family through one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid liberal propaganda is stupid.

What matters is the crowd of voters in November of 2016 and the ones who will be wearing red ties in the houses of congress.

The liberals are grasping for anything to rally their base as the nation becomes more and more conservative - thousands of seats have been lost during the Obaman years - that fuck-face did more damage to the nation and to the democratic party than has been done by all the liberals before him. The rallies for something Trump said 11-years ago compared to those for what Bill Clinton actually did in the Oral Office speak to the authenticity of the women's right's groups. Pure vapid bull-shit. All of them. Nothing but lies come from the liberal's mouths - pure deception as part of a widely coordinated propaganda campaign.

The nation has been invaded by millions of illegals. Many of whom voted for Obama and Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck your popular vote,it is meaningless. As if: Can you think that campaign strategy may differ under a popular vote system? Trump didn't campaign where those votes came from, namely CA & NY. Mostly CA, adding the huge numbers of illegal alien votes that obama instigated makes it seem much different than the facts. Did the flyover states ever count the absentee ballots? 

Fucking stupid to even mention the popular vote when our country doesn't use it. Democratic Republic, figure it out.
View Quote

bwhahaha so 2.8million people voting for democrat is meaningless when making the statement "US is becoming more and more conservative"
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Still frame from the video linked below

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't care if 3 people had shown up.  We President Now.
View Quote

I couldn't have said it any better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Here is what he said
View Quote

This pretty much sums it up. Trump admin was right about having the largest crowd, no doubt.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Is this the new dumb-fuck GD conspiracy? Are we going to hear for years about how the media and the Jews and the Trilateral Commission conspired to cover up Trump's yuuuuuuuuuuuuge inauguration crowd?

Here's a question: how many people here traveled to DC for the inauguration? I've seen one or two people post about it. There are hundreds of committed Trump fans on this website. Was there an ARFCOM meetup? Pro-Trump signs with BFLs on them?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Here is what he said
View Quote

It''s not like a half million people were blocked by protesters or at security gates.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Decent summary.  I will have to read that.

RE: popular vote, it's not about the general population.  What you are seeing is the difference between big cities and rural values.  If you look at a map, there is a WHOLE LOT MORE rural than urban areas.  Rural areas are, by and large, conservative.

It is also a fact that overall the Democrats have lost seats at all levels of government in every election since 2010.
View Quote

Rural area are also sparsely populated so comparing land areas are completely meaningful.

Yes Obama's "go at it alone" policies have caused losses for DNC since 2010, but let's not forget Democrats only got their "filibuster proof" unified gov under Obama only because Bush's "go at it alone" policies let to huge losses for GOP.   Remember GW "we got thumpin' ".  History tends to repeat itself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top