Quoted:

Uh, no.
Where do you get your news over there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump appointed Rick Perry, who is somewhat famous for wanting to abolish the EPADept. of Energy, as the head of the EPADept of Energy. This would be from the same playbook.

Uh, no.
Where do you get your news over there?

Ok, meant to say department of energy, not EPA, but christ man, how's this for sources.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/12/13/trump-taps-former-texas-gov-rick-perry-to-head-energy-department-he-once-vowed-to-abolish/?utm_term=.ff8fd9dad7c9
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/12/13/trump-nominate-rick-perry-secretary-energy-reports-say/95363672/
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/19/mr-trump-department-energy-has-fake-name-its-time-to-make-things-right.html
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/can-rick-perry-successfully-run-the-epa/vp-BBxF3BA
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1943850_Rick-Perry-to-head-DOE--Will-he-gut-it-or-expand-it-.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Colin Noir
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope he doesn't nominate David Clark.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Colin Noir
View Quote

Be cool with me!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditch Bitch of Baghdad of course.  lolz abound.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Levin already served in the fed govt, and he's busy writing awesome books and building a media empire. Plus his health is always a bit on edge.

So suggesting him for atf director is fantasy land.
View Quote

Besides that, he's no fan of Trump, so I doubt he'd take the job.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm from MA, NOT Mike Sullivan!!
View Quote

Bush family mafia appointment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
David Claerke lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
None of the people you listed would want the demotion to that position.

ETA I nominate Wayne Lapierre! That would be fun.
View Quote

Fuck.  No.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nolo, because I can't spell his name without going and looking first...
View Quote

I gave up trying to spell it. I think of him now as Nolo Stromboli
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Vickers or Bill Birdzell. It needs to be somebody with some government experience in Mil or preferrably LE to be credible.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My concern with LaPierre is that it's too obvious. I prefer to appoint someone who looks half legit who then completely breaks everything down after they're confirmed.
View Quote
I vote for Stephen Stamboulieh. The lawyer who sued the ATF to try and get post 1986 machineguns back.

Every opinion he could direct would be in favor of the people's second amendment rights.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Mike Rowe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Levin already served in the fed govt, and he's busy writing awesome books and building a media empire. Plus his health is always a bit on edge.

So suggesting him for atf director is fantasy land.

You do realize half of the appointments thus far are millionaires or billionaires, right?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I just hope Ted Cruz is nominated for supreme court justice...

I think he'd take it, the votes are there to get him confirmed, he's young, and i think he'd support the constitution and particularly the 2A quite well... Not to mention, he's highly qualified.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Clarke is anti-NFA. Soyeahfuckthat.
View Quote

I didn't know that. Fuck him then
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mike Rowe.
View Quote
Dept. of labor.  He should also be our next president.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But I guess not, with that nepotism thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Donald Trump Jr.

JFK had his brother as Attorney General.
Oh thats right, he was a democrat.
ETA: Beat like a red headed stepchild.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I dont believe he will appoint a new head.

I think he will dismantle it
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No Colion Noir ?

Would make identity politik liberals heads explode
View Quote

Nah, they'd resort to racism, calling him Uncle Tom, House N......, etc
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Better cut Clarke off there. He's a fucking anti nfa fudd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Why hasn't NOLO applied yet
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Vickers or Bill Birdzell. It needs to be somebody with some government experience in Mil or preferrably LE to be credible.
View Quote

If you want mil then here is my nomination ...

John "Shrek" McPhee the Sheriff of Baghdad for Director of BATFE!

I can't wait till someone like Elizabeth Warren spouts off to him and he say's "Shut up Hippie!"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Hell, I volunteer.

I'll be so laissez faire I'll make Ron Swanson look like the chief of the politbureau.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Mark levin? Rofl why not just nominate Jesse Ventura
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Joe Arpaio
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Hickok45
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Clarke is anti-NFA. Soyeahfuckthat.
View Quote

what he said^
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
David Clarke never signed for NFA as sheriff. Lets pick a real 2A supporter not just a pretender.
View Quote

Milwaukee Co. stopped signing in 1990. I had a MK 760 all ready to ship, to my dealer from the factory.
BIG shootout in a bar on NYE. The very next day the first directive was no more CLEO sign off.

The shooter used a pistol

So Sheriff Clarke could have changed it...
But he didn't.

Still like him though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#30]
The head of the ATF is an administrative, rather than a policymaking, job. The head of the ATF can't do anything without the direction and approval of those in the command chain above him.

He has less autonomy than the head of the FBI.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#31]
What about Lott, Gura, or Halbrook.

Halbrook made the pretty great line in the 9th Circuit saying (in regards to firearms):

"Why are we even here. The Supreme Court has issued not one but two landmark cases affirming the right to bear arms and California has not only seen fit to ignore these rulings but to further curtail the rights of law abiding citizens."
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Jeff Zimba
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Appoint Hillary, then close that mother fucker down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#34]
1. R. Lee Ermey
2. Nuge
3. Really, Larry Vickers would be EXCELLENT choice
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Clarke is not NFA friendly.....so fuck that
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The head of the ATF is an administrative, rather than a policymaking, job. The head of the ATF can't do anything without the direction and approval of those in the command chain above him.

He has less autonomy than the head of the FBI.
View Quote

This. I suggest we give it to Hillary as she is great at fucking things up.

Damn, missed it by 2 minutes ( GeneralPurpose )
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ditch Bitch of Baghdad of course.  lolz abound.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Don't see why the ATF needs a Director if they just dissolve the bureau entirely.
View Quote

The ATF should be back under Treasury, the ATF collects the tax from breweries, distilleries, tobacco producers, firearm manufactors and ammo manufactors. That should be their entire job.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Clint Eastwood
View Quote
Clint Eastwood is an anti, read his wiki-page.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You do realize half of the appointments thus far are millionaires or billionaires, right?
View Quote

Yeah, but what does that have to do with Mark Levin as the head of the ATF? He's been and outspoken critic of T since forever.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Mark and he's a very smart man. But I suspect he wouldn't take any job T offered him.
Personally, I'd like to see him on the SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

JFK appointed RFK as Attorney General. Did Congress or the Press raise a fuss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JFK appointed RFK as Attorney General. Did Congress or the Press raise a fuss?

Yes they did. After that they passed a law making it illegal to appoint family members.  But there's also a law that military members can't be appointed for 7 years, and that was thankfully ignored and a waiver passed.  Passing a waiver for a family member would be no different then the waiver for Mattis.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Trump appointed Rick Perry, who is somewhat famous for wanting to abolish the Dept of Energy, as the head of the Dept of Energy. This would be from the same playbook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screw naming a new head for the BATFE.  Shit can the whole agency.  Roll it into the FBI, Or split it between the FBI/SS/US Marshalls Service.  The assholes in the BATFE have been nothing but a dishonest, law breaking, secret police outfit for far too long.  It needs to go.  FBI does the background checks, Secret Service takes care for alcohol and explosives issues and the US Marshalls service are the enforcement arm.  Do away with the BATFE make all current employees reapply for positions or just fire the whole damn bunch.

Trump appointed Rick Perry, who is somewhat famous for wanting to abolish the Dept of Energy, as the head of the Dept of Energy. This would be from the same playbook.
-----------------------------
Quoted:
Don't see why the ATF needs a Director if they just dissolve the bureau entirely.
-----------------------------
I came here to suggest Al Dunlap, or anybody else on this list, as they have the requisite experience in closing down large organizations. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I vote for Stephen Stamboulieh. The lawyer who sued the ATF to try and get post 1986 machineguns back.

Every opinion he could direct would be in favor of the people's second amendment rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My concern with LaPierre is that it's too obvious. I prefer to appoint someone who looks half legit who then completely breaks everything down after they're confirmed.

We need Nolo as treasury secretary for a handful of 90 day periods then scotus.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#46]
John Ross asked Trump for the job and said he would take a $1/yr salary to do it.  John is the right man for the job.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Colon Powell  Misspelling on purpose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Clint "Shoot them in the crotch" Smith.

If not, then Chuck Finley.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One of the appointments I am most looking forward to seeing is who Trump will appoint as the Head of the ATF.

As the office is currently vacant with a Deputy Director serving as the acting Director, this is a position Trump could nominate tomorrow. Such an appointment will be instrumental towards bringing the agency in sync with his agenda and critical in promoting reversals of anti regulations.

Some candidates that come to mind, some perhaps a little unorthodox (pulled from multiple sources to build this list):

Trey Gowdy, Congressman from South Carolina, former district attorney, federal prosecutor and chairman of a House Select Committee to investigate the 2012 Benghazi attack.

Oliver North, New York Times best-selling author, and former United States Marine Corps lieutenant colonel. Known for his appearance in an "I'm the NRA" advertisement

David Clarke, sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, who urged residents to arm themselves for self-protection and vowed to resist federal gun control measures.

Mark Levin, a gun owner and strong supporter of the Second Amendment, worked in the administration of President Ronald Reagan and was a chief of staff for Attorney General Edwin Meese.

John Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., who has opposed the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty and warned of its dangers to Americans' right to bear arms.

Michael Sullivan, former Director of the ATF (2006-Jan. 2009) appointed by George W. Bush, resigned from his position as President Obama prepared to take office. Sullivan has previously served as US Attorney General, District Attorney, and member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives
View Quote

Why do you want Michael Sullivan?  What has he EVER said that makes you think he would be good in that position.  Don't want Levin either....Bolton..maybe, but we need him on the world stage.  David Clarke....not sure about that guy.....Oliver North.....again...not sure.  Growdy.....waste of talent.

Could you go for me?  I would shut that fucker down.  First rule change would be.  All forms approved automatically, unless something is flagged in the system, then look into it, within 72hrs.  For manufactures, unless an item is specifically designed to function IN WHOLE, as a prohibited item, under current federal law, it is approved.

I would request that all suppressors, short barrel shotguns and rifle's be moved to AOW status ($5 tax).  I would support HPA and request removal of SBS/SBR's from the NFA to Congress.  I would request that the President order the AG to open the registry, so that the ATF, could get the books correct and allow any member of the public to get their suppressors, short barrel shotguns and rifle's, MG's into the regristry for free and request this be done (every 90 days), until such time I feel that it is complete...which it won't be complete, while I'm in that position.  I need to submit my name and help MAGA.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Me.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top