BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately she said "Alternative facts," so we'll be hearing that for the next eight years.
Although that inauguration director guy came on later and explained that perfectly, they'll forget about him
View Quote

The sky is blue, fact.

If the atmosphere didn't absorbs all colors of the visual spectrum but blue we wouldn't see a blue sky, alternative fact.

I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Chuck Todd was 100% correct. Conway looked slimy. Not an encouraging first couple of days.
View Quote

hahaha

why are you here
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
And now the media is saying the vagina brigade yesterday had 3 times the number of people compared to the inauguration! 

And they are using the same bullshit photo.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She was awesome.
She doesn't back down.
View Quote

She was also wrong. The Press Secretary and his "alternative facts" (?!) weren't even close to reality. Obama's inaugural will probably be that largest ever until perhaps a woman is elected. You guys need to understand this has nothing to do with Trump so much as the historical novelty of a black being elected for the first time. There were empty bleachers for the parade, fer cryin' out loud. Trump needs to grow some thicker skin and save his credibility for things that MATTER.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

She was also wrong. The Press Secretary and his "alternative facts" (?!) weren't even close to reality. Obama's inaugural will probably be that largest ever until perhaps a woman is elected. You guys need to understand this has nothing to do with Trump so much as the historical novelty of a black being elected for the first time. There were empty bleachers for the parade, fer cryin' out loud. Trump needs to grow some thicker skin and save his credibility for things that MATTER.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She was awesome.
She doesn't back down.

It was never about having more people than dummy. It was about the bullshit narrative that basically no one showed up. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
He said previous inauguration.

Some of you need to get your facts straight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Choose the right bait, set the drag just so, let them take some line then set the hook !
The never Trumpers are easy to catch.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you just look at verifiable FACTS, one fact is that public transit ridership was way up the day of Trump's inauguration vs.  Obama's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If you just look at verifiable FACTS, one fact is that public transit ridership was way up the day of Trump's inauguration vs.  Obama's.

The transit agency said about 193,000 people had taken trips through the system as of 11 a.m. That’s significantly lower than figures from the 2009 and 2013 Inaugurations of President Barack Obama, and on par with ridership for President George W. Bush’s second inauguration in 2005.

By 11 a.m. the day President Barack Obama was sworn in, about 513,000 Metro trips had been taken — and the day’s ridership totaled about 1.1 million, making it the transit system’s busiest day ever.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/01/20/metro-ridership-for-inauguration-day-2017-lowest-in-years/?utm_term=.f4bb6edf85b1

Another fact relies on TV ratings.

Nielsen reports 30.6 million viewers watched his inauguration Friday. Their analysis measured the number of viewers who watched live coverage on 12 networks from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
To put that number in perspective, 37.8 million tuned in to watch Barack Obama take the oath of office as the first African-American president in 2009.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/01/21/trump-inauguration-drew-30-million-viewers/96901754/

If you're claiming that those facts "obviously aren't true", then I challenge you to back up your claim and prove it.

Done.  I can handle the truth.  No matter if I like it or not.

Again, this was a "normal" inauguration crowd.  Why would anybody think it would draw more than 2009?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Your "reverse perspective, later in the day." invalidates your argument.

The 2009/2017 comparison was a picture from the same camera (mounted on the Washington Monument) at the exact same time of day (and both inaugurations started at the same time).  Apples-to-Apples.

Why the concern that 2009 had a bigger crowd?  That was the inauguration of the first minority President.  That's big.  That's new.  Big and new draws a larger crowd than the normal event.
Trump is a rich white guy (true even if you don't like the connotation).  Nothing new there.  That gets a normal sized crowd.  2009 was an outlier, not a new normal.

Also, the DC area (DC-Northern Virginia-Southern Maryland) voted Democrat more than it had for the prior 3 Republican Presidents.  That means that there were fewer supporters living within there-and-back driving distance (and DC traffic sucks) to attend which also drives down the numbers.
View Quote

So the time of day matters more than the attendance numbers?

The time of day is a red herring and is meaningless. What was the actual crowd size at the time of the swearing in? that is all that matters in th final analysis.

I have no doubt that Obama had more people, given the historic nature of his election. But the photos used pushed a false narrative.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She's awesome
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#12]
The Trump Administration will be a liveliest since LBJ.   The comedians especially SNL will have a solid gold mine of parodies and character impersonations to work with......
Hell, they should be sending thank you notes for making their jobs so damn easy.   LOL
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Like her a lot, but she sure looked tired today.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Whatdifferencedoesitmake.jpg

He's still the fucking President MSM, you're going to try to undermine and delegitimize everything he does as well as everyone else in the Republican party will do for the best 8 years and it won't change a thing except your credibility. People aren't as stupid and malleable as you think they are, or Hillary would have won.

Kelly is sexy, classy and intelligent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Trump Administration will be a liveliest since LBJ.   The comedians especially SNL will have a solid gold mine of parodies and character impersonations to work with......
Hell, they should be sending thank you notes for making their jobs so damn easy.   LOL
View Quote
SNL has been focusing on KAC a lot lately.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Like her a lot, but she sure looked tired today.
View Quote

Give her six months and the stress will make her unrecognizable. Her sacrifice however shall not be in vain.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#17]
That woman is awesome!

Can't wait to watch her continue to destroy these MSM pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#18]
If the media spent as much time admitting they were wrong about the MLK bust as they have spent on this story there would be less discussion of "fake news".

The media is the MOST dishonest, lying, making up stories since the exploding Chevy truck story.

How anyone can defend them is beyond me!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Kelly is a gem

Instead of 8 years of kissing Obama's ass, the press will attack Trump for 8 years
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#20]
At least it's all out in the open now. The days of pretending the press was impartial or (lmao) right wing are over.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Spicer laid it all out.  Nobody... NOBODY... even tries to keep a count of how many people are actually on the lawn vs. on the surrounding streets, vs. being at home having a margarita.  If you just look at verifiable FACTS, one fact is that public transit ridership was way up the day of Trump's inauguration vs.  Obama's.  Another fact relies on TV ratings.  And that's about it for FACTS.  If you're claiming that those facts "obviously aren't true", then I challenge you to back up your claim and prove it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was watching the one where he tried to get an answer out of her as to why Spicer stood up and made a jackass of himself by saying things that obviously aren't true.

Spicer laid it all out.  Nobody... NOBODY... even tries to keep a count of how many people are actually on the lawn vs. on the surrounding streets, vs. being at home having a margarita.  If you just look at verifiable FACTS, one fact is that public transit ridership was way up the day of Trump's inauguration vs.  Obama's.  Another fact relies on TV ratings.  And that's about it for FACTS.  If you're claiming that those facts "obviously aren't true", then I challenge you to back up your claim and prove it.

Challenge accepted.

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/315277-dc-metro-ridership-for-trumps-inauguration-far-lower-than-obamas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2017/live-updates/politics/live-coverage-of-trumps-inauguration/metro-ridership-for-inauguration-2017-lowest-in-years/?utm_term=.40e90c492eb3

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/metro-ridership-down-for-trump-inauguration/article/2612461
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is it wrong if Kelly Anne gives me a boner?
View Quote
if it's wrong, I don't want to be right
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And now the media is saying the vagina brigade yesterday had 3 times the number of people compared to the inauguration! 

And they are using the same bullshit photo.

View Quote

3 times as many people, and 8 times as much people
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Well it was on a Friday. Trump supporters were probably at work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No he did not. He said that more people used DC Metro transit in this inauguration than Obama '13 (which seems to be wrong as well).

Then, in the next sentence, he said this:

This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration -- period -- both in person and around the globe."
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]
This whole mess is BS.  I am tired of the media obviously taking sides   This is not going to stop until the press starts reporting and stops spinning.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The transit agency said about 193,000 people had taken trips through the system as of 11 a.m. That’s significantly lower than figures from the 2009 and 2013 Inaugurations of President Barack Obama, and on par with ridership for President George W. Bush’s second inauguration in 2005.

By 11 a.m. the day President Barack Obama was sworn in, about 513,000 Metro trips had been taken — and the day’s ridership totaled about 1.1 million, making it the transit system’s busiest day ever.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/01/20/metro-ridership-for-inauguration-day-2017-lowest-in-years/?utm_term=.f4bb6edf85b1

Nielsen reports 30.6 million viewers watched his inauguration Friday. Their analysis measured the number of viewers who watched live coverage on 12 networks from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
To put that number in perspective, 37.8 million tuned in to watch Barack Obama take the oath of office as the first African-American president in 2009.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/01/21/trump-inauguration-drew-30-million-viewers/96901754/

Again, this was a "normal" inauguration crowd.  Why would anybody think it would draw more than 2009?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Another fact relies on TV ratings.

If you're claiming that those facts "obviously aren't true", then I challenge you to back up your claim and prove it.

Right away, I see a problem with the USA Today story.

2017 Networks Included:

ABC, CBS, NBC, TELEMUNDO, UNIVISION, CNBC, CNN, Fox Business Network, Fox NC, Galavision, HLN and MSNBC.

2013 Networks Included:

The 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. viewing numbers includes programming provided by ABC, CBS, NBC, UNIVISION, TELEMUNDO, AZTECA, MundoFox, PBS, Fox News Channel, CNN Headline News, Fox Business Network, MSNBC, TV One, CNN, Current TV, CNBC, CENTRIC and BET.

I didn't see anything about how they sampled the audience for the 2008 crowd at the Nielsen site linked in the USA Today article.

Also, this is the kind of nonsense that went on by the Mall during the inauguration:

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This whole mess is BS.  I am tired of the media obviously taking sides   This is not going to stop until the press starts reporting and stops spinning.
View Quote

Which is the real reason Trump is attacking them...until he gets them back to reporting facts instead of twisting everything to fit their bias it is going to be much harder to fix this country.....there is a reason he is doing what he is doing...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Trump is trolling them & the people in the media + NeverTrumpers are so dumb that they immediately bite. I could explain it but would rather not because I want Trump to succeed and the NeverTrumpers/Lefties/Media types to fail.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I seriously think trump and his admin are just going to say shit and challenge stuff like the crowd size thing just for the lulz.. Hes like Im gonna say this and see what happens  just to fuck with people

ETA: I wanna bang conway
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
KAC is a harbinger of things to come. Trump and his people will continue to expose MSM for the,"fake news" that they are. Whatever believeability MSM has among any but diehard liberals is being shattered on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#34]
The Velvet Hammer !
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#35]
That woman is badass.  And fuck Chuck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Trump is playing the MSM like a fiddle. This is so entertaining. They really don't understand what he is doing to them. I don't think the DU folks here do, either. This is so great to watch. I hope this never ends.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm beginning to think that Trump and company are going to publically troll the media over non-sense stuff like this while they go about the business of fixing the country.  The media will respond to the high emotion stuff and not have time or equal fervor to comment on more substantial policy issues being dealt with...then all of a sudden, poof and we've restored some sanity in our country without the left even being away of what was happening.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It was never about having more people than dummy. It was about the bullshit narrative that basically no one showed up. 
View Quote

You're correct.  I took note at the time to see if the mall was full  when Trump took the oath right before when the camera panned out.  It was full.  And I also saw video of very slow lines of people being held up while the Inauguration was underway trying to get in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm beginning to think that Trump and company are going to publically troll the media over non-sense stuff like this while they go about the business of fixing the country.  The media will respond to the high emotion stuff and not have time or equal fervor to comment on more substantial policy issues being dealt with...then all of a sudden, poof and we've restored some sanity in our country without the left even being away of what was happening.
View Quote

Yes I had the same thoughts.  While Trump is playing those Medidiot clowns he's moving on other issues of more importance that  will get less opposition ...while he's playing those idiot clowns over here. ...LoL
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yes, she ripped into the press.
But she also dodged the questions that were asked.
View Quote
She answered like the Democrats have been doing for years and nobody called them out for that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"Alternative facts" was a poor choice of words.
View Quote

It was & it'll come back to haunt - a lot!

Doesn't matter to me, I'm on their side & IMHO Kellyanne kicked serious ass this morning. I did watch Meet the Pussys this morning. Spousal unit & I both cheered her on!

For the left, though, those words were slop at the trough...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was watching the one where he tried to get an answer out of her as to why Spicer stood up and made a jackass of himself by saying things that obviously aren't true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chuck Todd was 100% correct. Conway looked slimy. Not an encouraging first couple of days.

Were we watching the same clip?

Yup, you were DU dreaming
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did you see the part when Todd laughed at her and then said he didn't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you see the part when Todd laughed at her and then said he didn't?

And then she DID own him!

I'm in love...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Good info out of this, I might need it for those that I run across
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is it wrong if Kelly Anne gives me a boner?
View Quote

It would be wrong if she didn't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes, she ripped into the press.
But she also dodged the questions that were asked.
View Quote

She didn't really dodge anything.

It was a typical MSM "gotcha!" rhetorical question. It was his opinion that Spicer was telling an untruth.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Is'nt chuck the beta pajamaboy on NBC who is obviously so stupid that he did not understand Kelly Anne.
Note I saw this segment on conservativetreehouse blog .  I do not watch NBC as I do not want to contribute to their ratings.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Note I saw this segment on conservativetreehouse blog .
View Quote

Good site that's been on the winning team since day one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Everybody needs good Gobbles or al-Sahhaf......

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg
View Quote

You just said the Trump was akin to Hitler or Saddam Hussein. I suspect youre on thin ice. Shill.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No he did not. He said that more people used DC Metro transit in this inauguration than Obama '13 (which seems to be wrong as well).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration -- period -- both in person and around the globe."

The part everyone seems to be missing.
The opening of the internet across the world to middle and lower economic levels makes this likely.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top