Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 1:38:04 PM EDT
Who do you guys like for a gun belt?  Been looking at Bigfoot but wanted some other opinions.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Mene Gene Leather with Ares Aegis buckle. He will make it in any combo of leather and sticking color you want, super nice guy.

And you can't beat the quality and custom nature for the price.

Eta: You will see many people recommend the Ares belt. If you want a nylon belt, that's the way to go. However a nylon belt would be out of place fore in many situations, so the Mene Gene belt lets you get the convienence of the infinitely adjustable Ares buckle on thick low key leather with a webbing reinforcement internally so the leather never stretches.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Without a doubt the best belt you can get is the Ares Aegis enhanced.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Bigfoot belt that I wear everyday, and an Alien Gear (same as bigfoot from what i can tell), and a Crossbreed. All 3 are good to go. I do plan on getting the Crossbreed Crossover though because of the buckle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one from The Belt Man years ago and it's still like new, very impressive quality.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
ares gear
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hank's Belts
View Quote

I got the double thick belt from Hank's. It is one hell of a belt. Looks great and carries gear really well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Bullhide leather belts.  I was made aware of them when an 1811 told me what he's been using for gun belts most of his career.  I've had one for....4 years now, and want another, different belt.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought I was in GD... Isn't the answer Magpul? Magpul all the things?
ETA: https://www.magpul.com/products/apparel-accessories/belts
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Wild Bill's
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Wilderness Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
The Wilderness
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got one from The Belt Man years ago and it's still like new, very impressive quality.
View Quote
I will start out by saying my Beltman belt is one of my favorites.  

I will also say that I've not babied it at all.  

Mine does not look new, but it does have that good "worn leather" look that you get with good leathers as you use them.

It's also done that forming to your shape thing that leather does.  

If it were to no longer be functional, I'd replace it immediately.  In reality, I need to buy another to keep in reserve...
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Milt Sparks is all I will ever own.  Fiance runs Beltman.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ares gear
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Mitch Rosen.  His shop is 5 miles from my house so Im biased.  If you go to mexico you can get some fine leather work cheap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I have two belts that he made, one bullhide and the other horsehide. They are excellent and beautiful. The horsehide is extremely stiff.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who do you guys like for a gun belt?  Been looking at Bigfoot but wanted some other opinions.
View Quote

Is this for CCW, duty gear, range use with a holster, IDPA, USPSA.... ??

Say what you are going to primarily use it for and maybe you'll get some useful recommendations.

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#21]
G-hook and Cobra bucket nylon webbing belts don't exactly work in many professional settings.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought I was in GD... Isn't the answer Magpul? Magpul all the things?
ETA: https://www.magpul.com/products/apparel-accessories/belts
View Quote

Their leather belt is gtg.  Their El burro model sucks burro balls.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I got the double thick belt from Hank's. It is one hell of a belt. Looks great and carries gear really well.
View Quote
I recently ordered a single stitched one. Wasn't looking for a heavy duty belt. Very well made and carried well. This was not the heavy extreme single or double.  I am sure they would handle just about anything you could toss at them. Excellent service. Even exchanged one for a bigger size for me. Do recommend. 
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wilderness Tactical.
View Quote

This.

Leather if you're doing something fancy I suppose.  But Wilderness is where it's at for EDC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have 2, maybe not still like new but the quality is impressive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top