Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Meryl Streep, is that you?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh no, your job that relies on the government to let you shuckster idiots for money just got a little harder. 

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If 0.25% keeps you out of a home you don't need one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
OP is away looking into other ways to get into the welfare system and take advantage of taxpayers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP still with us? 
View Quote

Like herpes, OP will be back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The government should not be in the business of subsidizing homes for poor people. I don't care that you and your company were profiting from this.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Trump effectively ended the punishment of those who pay their debts who are forced into underwriting the VIG for those who do not pay their debts...
To hell with the communists and their banksters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well I just graduated from the number one gun smithing school in the nation, so finding a job wont be hard. Moving isn't out of the question, but I'd like to squirrel away some cash before that happens. But for a guy who at most made 35 grand a year (and is now job hunting), buying a decent sized house in a nice area with a bit of land on it is just out of reach for me for the foreseeable future.
View Quote
You have your bar too high. Looking at buying a house with land is not the same as buying a house. you have to get on the ladder where you can. And the choice of career does effect a lifestyle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is how this guy claims to be for the common man?? Obama cut the FHA premium by .25% and we have been promoting that for our clients. (I'm in the mortgage business.)

I am really pissed because this was a no brainer to help first time home buyers and lower income folks with buying or refinancing their homes.
Now we are having to go back to our borrowers and tell them no good, you have to pay the higher premium thanks to your new president.

So all you Trump apologists spin this.
View Quote

I'm no expert, but wasn't it inticements like this that led to the mortgage crisis? I mean fuck, FHA exists solely to make it so people who can't afford a 20% down payment can still buy a house. Is making  the interest 25% cheaper really necessary? Sure, you are probably profiting from selling mortgages to people who can't afford them, and then selling off the loans to other banks--but again, isn't that exactly what spawned the crisis?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stop selling loans to people who cant afford them. Remember what you fuckers did to our housing market last time. Especially florida.
View Quote

I'm with this guy.  Knowingly pushing mortgages to people who can barely keep the lights on in the house AND pay the mortgage...not to mention if the
house has a major repair needed.

Dude...be for real and be responsible.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You have your bar too high. Looking at buying a house with land is not the same as buying a house. you have to get on the ladder where you can. And the choice of career does effect a lifestyle.
View Quote

Risk, he has it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Trump effectively ended the punishment of those who pay their debts who are forced into underwriting the VIG for those who do not pay their debts...
To hell with the communists and their banksters.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
There appears to be some misunderstanding regarding FHA loans. I don't agree or disagree with this recent action, but I would like to make a point nonetheless.

There's an assumption that these loans exist for people who can't afford payments or who have bad credit. In reality, you must still be eligible to apply for a mortgage loan. Often times, such people cannot afford the 20% down payment, but that doesn't mean they can't afford the monthly payments. And anyone familiar with costs in Idaho for instance will realize it's often more affordable to make a mortgage payment under the FHA loan than it is to rent an apartment. I just thought I would add some perspective.

As for the housing collapse, we must remember a lot of that had to do with adjustable rate mortgages in combination with people losing jobs, and even those who jumped into the market unprepared by buying several homes and renting them out, only to discover the people who rented them lost their jobs, and no one could afford payments. The loan ITSELF wasn't necessarily the issue.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's an assumption that these loans exist for people who can't afford payments or who have bad credit. In reality, you must still be eligible to apply for a mortgage loan. Often times, such people cannot afford the 20% down payment, but that doesn't mean they can't afford the monthly payments.
View Quote

If you cannot save up even 10% down while still paying rent, then you cannot afford to repair when something major breaks.   And that "essential repair" will most likely cause them to not pay their mortgage.  

So yea...  can't afford down payment usually means you can't afford a house.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And you would not know what you are talking about. FHA loans are all full documentation with a low default rate.
View Quote

Where in the constitution is the 'Mortgage reduction' enumerated?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stop selling loans to people who cant afford them. Remember what you fuckers did to our housing market last time. Especially florida.
View Quote

Especially everywhere, people we're getting loans on houses that they could never afford.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There appears to be some misunderstanding regarding FHA loans. I don't agree or disagree with this recent action, but I would like to make a point nonetheless.

There's an assumption that these loans exist for people who can't afford payments or who have bad credit. In reality, you must still be eligible to apply for a mortgage loan. Often times, such people cannot afford the 20% down payment, but that doesn't mean they can't afford the monthly payments. And anyone familiar with costs in Idaho for instance will realize it's often more affordable to make a mortgage payment under the FHA loan than it is to rent an apartment. I just thought I would add some perspective.

As for the housing collapse, we must remember a lot of that had to do with adjustable rate mortgages in combination with people losing jobs, and even those who jumped into the market unprepared by buying several homes and renting them out, only to discover the people who rented them lost their jobs, and no one could afford payments. The loan ITSELF wasn't necessarily the issue.
View Quote

You must not realize the history of law suits against the lenders and how the qualification
was lowered due to this. Got very costly fighting law suits. It is a huge part of the 07/08 bubble.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Educate me a bit. Being a mil guy, I lived in a barracks, or military housing until I was 29, and now that I'm out, I've been renting while going to school full time. I expect to earn $40k a year with this hopefully, which for my life style (aka broke ass college student) is a serious increase. I don't want to do something that'll bite me in the ass 5 or 10 years down the road.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I didn't want it, it was forced on me and I had to pay for it. Where are there subsidies. (my question mark key doesn't work). I'm not agreeing with the OP at all.
View Quote

you were FORCED to do an FHA loan ?

Or that was the only option for you to use to buy?

Last time I checked, nobody was forced to buy a house.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
thats awesome when you live in FL and a house cost what a car does in the rest of the country. Try saving up 90K for a starter house in Ca.
View Quote

dont buy a house then. demand goes down, price goes down.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
thats awesome when you live in FL and a house cost what a car does in the rest of the country. Try saving up 90K for a starter house in Ca.
View Quote

Are you suggesting it is the rest of the countries responsibility to subsidize the mortgage insurance on overpriced Californian real estate?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#22]
OP is a standard hit and run lib. Tries to post a witty thing to make conservatives look bad  when actually engaged with facts and truth goes scurrying away. Libs can't argue the merits of their views because they have none. Hence why liberals engage in character assassination instead of arguing over ideas.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#23]
FSA thread.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you cannot save up even 10% 20% down while still paying rent, then you cannot afford to repair when something major breaks.   And that "essential repair" will most likely cause them to not pay their mortgage.  

So yea...  can't afford down payment usually means you can't afford a house.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am of the opinion I will never be able to afford a home of my own.
View Quote

Really how about doing what I did. I worked my azz off and saved money. Bought property. Paid the property off or once you get enough equity in the property. Then use the property as the down payment/colateral to get a loan to build home on property.

If you want it bad enough and are will to sacrifice for it. You can get it.  I was 36 I'm 55 now and it's paid off free and clear. On tampa bay on the water.

My mortgage payment with ins and taxes escrowed was less than rent and I had a conventional loan with a variable interest rate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Really how about doing what I did. I worked my azz off and saved money. Bought property. Paid the property off or once you get enough equity in the property. Then use the property as the down payment/colateral to get a loan to build home on property.

If you want it bad enough and are will to sacrifice for it. You can get it.  I was 36 I'm 55 now and it's paid off free and clear. On tampa bay on the water.

My mortgage payment with ins and taxes escrowed was less than rent and I had a conventional loan with a variable interest rate.
View Quote

I get the working and saving part. That's not a question. Just seems like there's a lot of expensive and complicated shit that goes along with owning a home, and I guess I need to decided if and where I want to do that first.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Educate me a bit. Being a mil guy, I lived in a barracks, or military housing until I was 29, and now that I'm out, I've been renting while going to school full time. I expect to earn $40k a year with this hopefully, which for my life style (aka broke ass college student) is a serious increase. I don't want to do something that'll bite me in the ass 5 or 10 years down the road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't expect to be able to buy a house with land on that salary. You do not
have your location set so I am not sure about your market. But don't you have
a VA loan available? I am not sure about how marketable your trade is. Do you actualy
have a job yet?

Edit: I mentioned before getting on the ladder. The ladder moves up and down with
the market. But unless you buy on a bubble it usually moves up. Get on the ladder when
you can an when you are making more money you will have gained equity in your home
and this evens the playing field on the new house.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OP is a standard hit and run lib. Tries to post a witty thing to make conservatives look bad  when actually engaged with facts and truth goes scurrying away. Libs can't argue the merits of their views because they have none. Hence why liberals engage in character assassination instead of arguing over ideas.
View Quote

OP is a paid troll trying to stir shit up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Stop the fucking earth.   OP is concerned about something.   Let's all gather at the campfire for the tale of woe.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are you suggesting it is the rest of the countries responsibility to subsidize the mortgage insurance on overpriced Californian real estate?
View Quote

Trick question!  DON'T ANSWER THAT!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I get the working and saving part. That's not a question. Just seems like there's a lot of expensive and complicated shit that goes along with owning a home, and I guess I need to decided if and where I want to do that first.
View Quote

You just have to decide where you want to live and go for it. In most cases its cheaper than renting payment wise. It blew me away when I foundout what they charge for rent today.  Like I said I bought property and used it as collateral to get a loan to build my last home. If I can help it I will never have anoyher mortage payment again. If I sell this home I will pay cash for another. This one is on the water.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on where you buy and property values. Weather it's owner, bank, VA or who ever financing.  Depends on your debt ratio as to how much they will finance you for. When you get ready get with your lender decuss your options and see how much you qualify for home wise. As stated earlier do not bite off more than you can afford. Get what your comfortable with in an area you like. Do what other poster stated. Sell when your income rises and you can afford more.

Also shop around you can find some really great deals. I found one home right on the water. The people moved back up North. Their son lived in home for awhile. But they had two mortages. They just wanted out of this mortgage. I did a wrap around mortage with a contract for deed and just took over payments no money on my end to seller. Other than title search on the home and paying to have contract drawn up at title company. About 1500.00 Got it for 160k right on tampa bay. Not home I live in now. I built this one.

Got it 6 months before the housing boom. In six months I sold it for 275k to a guy from Chicago. Now home is still worth close to that now.  So he's not lost any money. I paid off my property which I only owed 60k on. I'm not a realtor either.

So there are deal out there if you look and ask around. Ala. has some great deals on property and North Fla. I'm thinking of buying some land up there. But like I said it just depends on where you want to live and the market.  Also how motivated the sellers are to sell or get out of their mortgage.

But I would buy at least your investing your money in your real estate and not someone else's
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Unless you are self employed.
View Quote

What does self-employment have to do with it?  Regardless of employment status, if you want to buy a house and $42 a month (that is the .25% on a $200K loan) is the difference between your ability to make the payment and not make the payment, you need to rethink what you're buying.  And if you're truly self-employed, then you likely have a much better idea of money management than people who aren't self-employed and have no idea about budgeting out for insurance and quarterly tax payments and the mess of tax rules involved to cover assets and losses and so forth... at least everyone I know of that's self-employed is far better at it, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What does self-employment have to do with it?  Regardless of employment status, if you want to buy a house and $42 a month (that is the .25% on a $200K loan) is the difference between your ability to make the payment and not make the payment, you need to rethink what you're buying.  And if you're truly self-employed, then you likely have a much better idea of money management than people who aren't self-employed and have no idea about budgeting out for insurance and quarterly tax payments and the mess of tax rules involved to cover assets and losses and so forth... at least everyone I know of that's self-employed is far better at it, YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you are self employed.

I was talking about just getting approved.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, sorry. I saw your post further down and I was just coming in to edit mine.  I got what you were talking about after reading your followup.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, sorry. I saw your post further down and I was just coming in to edit mine.  I got what you were talking about after reading your followup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem...it's very strange accounting they use for mortgages.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am really pissed because this was a no brainer to help first time home buyers and lower income folks with buying or refinancing their homes.
View Quote

Everybody's a conservative until the .gov handouts come their way. Then, not so much. Finding "creative" ways for people to buy houses is pretty much what killed the economy 8 years ago. It's a good move by Trump. Maybe not popular, but good.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:Obama cut the FHA premium by .25% and we have been promoting that for our clients.
View Quote

Probably already been covered but OP is a biased, self-interested and has no clue what this was all about.

This was about the US government taking on the risk of mortgages all over again.  What Trump is doing is a GOOD thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing I can say ain't been said before. If you can't afford shit, don't buy shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#40]
So Obama lowers the rate 11 days before leaving office only because he knows Trump will undo it and retards like the OP who are easily duped will whine about it.

If this was so important for FHA loans why didn't Obama do it YEARS ago instead of 11 days before handing the reigns over to someone he knows will overturn it?

Democrats will FALL FOR ANYTHING.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Fiscal conservatives gonna fiscally conserve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#42]
How many folks defaulted on their mortgages over the past 8 years?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No spin needed.  The government shouldn't be in the business of subsidizing mortgages for people that can't afford them.  Simple as that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is how this guy claims to be for the common man?? Obama cut the FHA premium by .25% and we have been promoting that for our clients. (I'm in the mortgage business.)

Now we are having to go back to our borrowers and tell them no good, you have to pay the higher premium thanks to your new president.

So all you Trump apologists spin this.

No spin needed.  The government shouldn't be in the business of subsidizing mortgages for people that can't afford them.  Simple as that.

Pretty much sums it up...
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you can't swing $42 per month
http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/sprays/55ef396447177.jpg
View Quote

Eh, that's only a $28 hat.

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Where are these bankers giving away loans to poor people?

I had a very difficult time getting a mortgage.  Mostly because I'm self employed and my pay is anything but consistent.

My own credit unions told me to take a hike.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How many folks defaulted on their mortgages over the past 8 years?
View Quote

The foreclosure rate seems to be hovering around the 2% mark (as of Feb 16 it was 1.78%)  

That's ONLY for FHA loans.

More telling though is the foreclosure rate plus the 90+ day delinquency rate was 5.55%.

THIS is the most recent thing I could find from the HUD website, no idea about the numbers/rates year over year for the last 8, I'm too lazy to dig into it more than that.  Most of what I found elsewhere didn't differentiate between FHA insured loans and standard loans...
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top