BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are always someone's child.  If you can ask your Mum or Dad, they will no doubt tell you this.  Their love for you as an adult doesn't diminish from that when you were a child.  Such is the blessing and sadly, occasionally the curse of parenthood.  

If it's a family feud then it is unfortunate and like you say, shit happens. It can also usually be fixed.

Judging your kids based solely on what the bible says, as was suggested above?  It makes me question the sanity of someone who would do that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it sounds like he's a dick.

Any god who wants me to throw out my own children isn't worthy of praise.

However, I suspect that God wouldn't want that.  

Ergo the man who makes the decision to put a book before his child is a monumental fucking idiot.

She's not a child, she's an adult. She's not being thrown out, she's been on her own a long time.

Like many adults, if she and her dad can't get along, then that's the way the world turns.

You are always someone's child.  If you can ask your Mum or Dad, they will no doubt tell you this.  Their love for you as an adult doesn't diminish from that when you were a child.  Such is the blessing and sadly, occasionally the curse of parenthood.  

If it's a family feud then it is unfortunate and like you say, shit happens. It can also usually be fixed.

Judging your kids based solely on what the bible says, as was suggested above?  It makes me question the sanity of someone who would do that.

Did you just call my parents insane?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well of course it does.  It's her story.

He's the protagonist that provides the emotional drive for her tale of persecution and misunderstanding.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Matthew 10:33-38King James Version (KJV)

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that guy is a dick.  In before people show up and want to crucify his daughter.

If Rick believes and follows the Bible, he knows that his homosexual daughter will be Lost for eternity unless she repents (turns away) from her sin..  It sounds like he's trying all he can to save her from eternal damnation.

Ergo the man who makes the decision to put a book before his child is a monumental fucking idiot.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

TL;DR
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a son who is gay. It's not my place to judge him, or try to make him 'repent' of his homosexuality.  He's going to have to face God's judgement all on his own, in due course.  He's well aware of this, and stands firm.  He affirms that he is who he is, and he will not be false to appease those who claim themselves to be more holy than he.

It's my place to offer advice, to offer guidance, to offer emotional support, and to love him in spite of what some would call his flaws, or his wicked, sinful ways.

Mr Burgess is a dick of the highest order.
View Quote
Or Mr. Burgess has a backbone and follows his beliefs. 

Just saying. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Her father has strong beliefs, she made choices, they can't coexist.

This is the same reason I left the Presbyterian church. You can't stand up on Sunday and preach about God's law being infallible and then be doing Gay weddings in the sanctuary on Saturday and say that you're now interpreting things so that everyone can feel good.

Legally I don't care who you sleep with or what you do in the privacy of your own home or in public within reason, but when it comes to church, your beliefs ought to mean something, not just be some talking point until you leave.
View Quote

My Presbyterian church was seemingly as hippie-influenced as it could have been without all but one of the congregation's males having long hair.  It was an easy-going, alcohol-drinking good-time-having bunch, and I was just a kid in it all.

Had that pastor continued on, I can only imagine we would have accepted gays, and I'm willing to be they do with the new congregation.  

We had a visiting Presbyterian pastor conduct services one day, and we were all shocked... then the congregation was miffed because he didn't keep it short and let us out for coffee and social-hour early enough either, lol.   Probably the best Church I could have imagined, possibly because of the times, the people and the lack of bible-thumping.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's the protagonist that provides the emotional drive for her tale of persecution and misunderstanding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. Not something that went unnoticed, and not assuming the veracity of the story.

My challenge was towards the misguided notion by the GD Taliban, that scripture should dictate your relationship with your child.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So...are you stepping up or what?
View Quote

Frankly, I think I have.  I believe in the Word of the Lord, and as imperfect and sinful as I am, I try to follow it.  I believe that God is sovereign so for me, it's "Thus Sayeth the Lord...".  Therefore, "retreating to Scripture" is sufficient for me.  I'm sorry you dislike that position.

I will defer to M-1975's posts this far in this thread.  He's a bit more eloquent in his posts and explanations than I am.

ETA:  Respectfully, your "TL;DR" above seems to indicate that you aren't even trying.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

TL;DR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that guy is a dick.  In before people show up and want to crucify his daughter.

If Rick believes and follows the Bible, he knows that his homosexual daughter will be Lost for eternity unless she repents (turns away) from her sin..  It sounds like he's trying all he can to save her from eternal damnation.

TL;DR

Do conservative British people actually exist? Or are liberal leaning dudes that post on American gun forums out of envy as close as it gets?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She hot? Pics?
View Quote

She's guilty.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

She's guilty.
View Quote

Thanks brah.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Frankly, I think I have.  I believe in the Word of the Lord, and as imperfect and sinful as I am, I try to follow it.  I believe that God is sovereign so for me, it's "Thus Sayeth the Lord...".  Therefore, "retreating to Scripture" is sufficient for me.  I'm sorry you dislike that position.

I will defer to M-1975's posts this far in this thread.  He's a bit more eloquent in his posts and explanations than I am.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...are you stepping up or what?

More deferment.

ETA.   I don't need the bible to instruct me on how to handle my child.  

Nor do I need you quoting scripture at me as you and others hide their own inability to function like a normal human being behind a book.

Religious text is for the guidance of men and the instruction of fools.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*antagonist
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Adults in adult relationships...hard...otherwise not my business.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

More deferment.
View Quote

Not deferment.  I just recognize proper authority, and someone who explains better.

British Anti-Theist Atheist?  Just trying to see where you're coming from...
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#15]

America's darkest day . . .

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't worry we're all pretty fucked apparently

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. --1st
Corinthians 6:9-10

Drunk Slanderers pretty much covers 99% of the forum
View Quote
Read the next verse. AS WERE SOME OF YOU. And this passage is in the context of Christians not suing Christians in secular courts. Paul is using v.9-10 to puff up his readers a little before he humbles them in v.11 in order to make the point not to be too prideful against the world.

The entire point of the Gospel is that no one is righteous of themselves; we need Christ's righteousness credited to us.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Absolutely. Not something that went unnoticed, and not assuming the veracity of the story.

My challenge was towards the misguided notion by the GD Taliban, that scripture should dictate your relationship with your child.
View Quote

understand, my sympathy here is for the daughter--her story is so commonplace that it's difficult not to believe.

that said, you've lost perspective, as evidenced by this last post.  for the believer, scripture is literally--literally--the word of god.  as such, it should by definition dictate a believer's relationship with his/her child.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Bible thumpers are why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You should probably read some New Testament.

I know you don't want a verse, but here is the answer to your question:

1 Corinthians 6:17-20  NIV

17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. 18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
View Quote

Well. 87% of ARFCOM GD gonna' burn in the fires of hell.

For those of you who believe in that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not deferment.  I just recognize proper authority, and someone who explains better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More deferment.

Ah, now the pigeon holing.  Where I am coming from is written clearly above.

How's about you argue the point, not the man?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He is not that bright if true.  

live by the 10 C's........ they don't say anything about f/f  m/m

I don't car is someone is gay, purple, etc. .  only peeps I have an issue with are pedos, rapists, murderers, thieves, and people that cant control their violent tendencies that hurt others for no reason.

this does not mean if you are way hipster.....or a tranny in a clown suit.......... I'm not going to laugh at you.  I will......... cause that shit is funny.
View Quote
Leviticus 20:13   If a man also lie with    mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an    abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be    upon them.

God tell us to kill gays.  You should read more and post less.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Never heard of him
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You were more than happy to start arguing the man when you inferred I was a coward and invited me to crawl back under my rock.

As to the point, it's been made.  "Thus Sayeth the Lord."

Peace and may God Bless you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Society's narrative of today puts the sinner in the right and the person trying to get them to leave their sin in the wrong is branded as intolerant and backwards.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Damn good post! 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the same reason I left the Presbyterian church. You can't stand up on Sunday and preach about God's law being infallible and then be doing Gay weddings in the sanctuary on Saturday and say that you're now interpreting things so that everyone can feel good.

Legally I don't care who you sleep with or what you do in the privacy of your own home or in public within reason, but when it comes to church, your beliefs ought to mean something, not just be some talking point until you leave.
Damn good post! 

Yes sir, love the person hate the sin. But first detest the sin in yourself. There is a clear list of sins that are abominations.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

She chose. Choices have consequences. No sympathy or fucks given.
View Quote

I never understood the choose to be gay thing. I can't choose to be gay, I have to be straight. So why would they be able to choose to be straight when they're gay? I can't make myself stop loving men, you can't make yourself stop loving women, so how on earth can a gay person change but we wouldn't be able to change?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#27]

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="0oupTkdaPLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="0oupTkdaPLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You were more than happy to start arguing the man when you inferred I was a coward and invited me to crawl back under my rock.

As to the point, it's been made.  "This Sayeth the Lord."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As to the point, it's been made.  "This Sayeth the Lord."

The Lord sayeth fuck all.

The point has not been made.  So before you slither off in apparent retreat, I'll clarify.

I asked you to step up and argue the point with me, without hiding behind scripture. Either that OR crawl back under your rock.

The choice was therefore yours, and remains yours.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Society's narrative of today puts the sinner in the right and the person trying to get them to leave their sin in the wrong is branded as intolerant and backwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rick  was a POS as a young man--no doubt as to that. I know , I was there. Haven't seen him in 25-30 years.
Bubba is a solid good guy, as were his parents.

I was raised in Javksonville.

He can love his daughter and disagree with her lifestyle
Sounds like he handled it stupidly
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes sir, love the person hate the sin. But first detest the sin in yourself. There is a clear list of sins that are abominations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn good post! 

What other sins does the bible clearly call out as being abominations?

I don't know of any but I will admit I haven't read the bible in many years.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Many such cases. Sad!

If he believes in the Christian model, his moral view of God doesn't matter. In Christianity, God is like gravity: bow down or get tortured. Even if they disagree with the dictator, no-one wants their kid getting lit up like an ISIS victim so they tell em to fall in line.

Trauma like this seems to hit the religious more often. I think it's like the blue and red divorce rate. Red people signal they are against divorce or polygamy or what-have-you because their demographic can't handle it well, so they need to show other reds they are not a risk for those problems.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The horse whisperer and dog whispering do something similar...at least the horses and dogs mostly comply after being shunned a bit...it breaks down their resolve
to act out their fears...thats an easy cure for them.

Homosexuals have their own extended families and now with such tremendous approval available and famous role models to look to...they have managed to
mainstream and "normalize" their sin.

God spoke His mind at Sodom & Gomorrah and made his book quite clear on the subject.

You wanna be a modern day Sodomite its your soul...but you have no right to expect anyone who believes God is first in their lives to give you their approval or acceptance
when you make your choice to disobey God...

If they love you and fear for your salvation they need to shun you...not because they hate you but because you hate yourself and their God.

IMO people who deliberately choose sin over salvation who know exactly who God is yet believe they have the right to change God's word to suit themselves...
are suicidal in the spiritual sense...if you know what you have to do to be saved and refuse to do it and demand others accept your version of reality...you
are wrong on every thing...

The truth is the truth even if no one believes it and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

I would say to you go away...leave your family alone....go live your life as you see fit....someday maybe you will see the truth and ask God for forgiveness and
find forgiveness from both God and your family...maybe you won't.

My guess is they will pray for you and hope you come back...but if you don't...they did what God required of them to do...

Hopefully the Holy Spirit will work on your heart until you can see the truth rather than be coerced by the world system that is the will of the enemy of our souls.

imo
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I never understood the choose to be gay thing. I can't choose to be gay, I have to be straight. So why would they be able to choose to be straight when they're gay? I can't make myself stop loving men, you can't make yourself stop loving women, so how on earth can a gay person change but we wouldn't be able to change?
View Quote

It has to be a choice for religionists because of it wasn't, which it's not, it's just another failure of their fairytale sky daddy. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#34]
OP. Your title says no adultery involved in Rick Burgess'.
How do you know that?
Did you ask him or his first wife?
I bet you didn't  
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Leviticus 20:13   If a man also lie with    mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an    abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be    upon them.

View Quote

inshallah!!

Right?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

inshallah!!

Right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

inshallah!!

Right?

Christians beat their wives with a rod no bigger around than their thumb.

Atheists can use a ball bat.

Agnostics must decide which end of the pool cue to use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good post.  

Agree with the dad, but if he said those things to her in that way he was being a dick.  Just not how I would have gone about it I guess.  The truth is always in the middle though.   I would want his side of the story.  

To those saying you don't follow certain passages,  are you saying you get to pick and choose what to believe and follow in the Bible?  The answer (and you know it) is no.  The Bible states pretty clearly what it takes for salvation, what is a sin, and what to believe. Choosing to believe in just parts of the Bible or saying "your god" would believe in this and that is at best false teachings.  I will pray you find and accept the truth.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty sure Jesus doesn't hate gay people.  

Also, I wear clothes of blended fabric.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But then again, I'd be throwing the child out for a reason other than a book.....
View Quote
The point that will cause the fall of Western Civilization is that 'The Book' on which it was founded has been degraded to being just 'a book'.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Bunch of Saudis up in GD with all the religious extremism and whatnot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Join date, check.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't see why this is anyone's business but that of Rick and his family.

AL dot cum likes to rabble rouse and bring up stupid liberal bullshit.  Rick's daughter is a liberal too.  No doubt she brought this up as some social justice issue.

Back when Trump's "Grab 'em by the pussy" controversy emerged, AL dot cum went to all of this trouble to post that they stood by Hillary and that Donald Trump was just an evil, awful person who didn't belong in the White House.

As far as I'm concerned each and every one of those liberal shitheads that pose as "journalists" on there need a swift kick in the balls.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would still love my child, we do irrational things for them.  Doesn't mean I condone the action or care for what they did.  In fact I can hate what they did.

It would tear me to pieces, but I would still love them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SO if your child is a pedophile, you're OK with that, too?

I would still love my child, we do irrational things for them.  Doesn't mean I condone the action or care for what they did.  In fact I can hate what they did.

It would tear me to pieces, but I would still love them.

Same.  I would still love my children.  I also would tell them I do not condone it, and would not be around it.  I would also tell them I would join them in a journey to find their repentance.  But I wouldn't be a part of their sinning.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#44]
My mom and dad had an explosion when my sister came-out.

I talked to my mom. Talked to my sister.

They reconciled. They are cool now.

But it was a disaster for my parents at first.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It has to be a choice for religionists because of it wasn't, which it's not, it's just another failure of their fairytale sky daddy. 
View Quote

yep.

Religios zealots piss me off almost as much as libtards. Almost.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe it's me but in all honesty it sounds like her family is taking the attitude of "We feel you are living in sin and do not want to support it."

But since SJWs and liberals love to equate "gay" with "good", they feel that it's "evil" to not support their choices and actions.

I'm betting, however, that her family would give her the same reaction if she was straight and sleeping with a married man, or sleeping around with lots of men.  It's not always about "gay vs straight" but about how someone conducts their lives.

The SJW/Liberal movement wants you to believe in fucking anything you want without consequence and ... anyone who dares give them a single ounce of resistance is thrown into the narrative as a "hater" etc.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What other sins does the bible clearly call out as being abominations?

I don't know of any but I will admit I haven't read the bible in many years.
View Quote
?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The horse whisperer and dog whispering do something similar...at least the horses and dogs mostly comply after being shunned a bit...it breaks down their resolve
to act out their fears...thats an easy cure for them.

Homosexuals have their own extended families and now with such tremendous approval available and famous role models to look to...they have managed to
mainstream and "normalize" their sin.

God spoke His mind at Sodom & Gomorrah and made his book quite clear on the subject.

You wanna be a modern day Sodomite its your soul...but you have no right to expect anyone who believes God is first in their lives to give you their approval or acceptance
when you make your choice to disobey God...

If they love you and fear for your salvation they need to shun you...not because they hate you but because you hate yourself and their God.

IMO people who deliberately choose sin over salvation who know exactly who God is yet believe they have the right to change God's word to suit themselves...
are suicidal in the spiritual sense...if you know what you have to do to be saved and refuse to do it and demand others accept your version of reality...you
are wrong on every thing...

The truth is the truth even if no one believes it and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

I would say to you go away...leave your family alone....go live your life as you see fit....someday maybe you will see the truth and ask God for forgiveness and
find forgiveness from both God and your family...maybe you won't.

My guess is they will pray for you and hope you come back...but if you don't...they did what God required of them to do...

Hopefully the Holy Spirit will work on your heart until you can see the truth rather than be coerced by the world system that is the will of the enemy of our souls.

imo
View Quote

What utter nonsense. A parent who would shun their own child because of what some Bronze Age fairy tale says, isn't much of a parent to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

OPs troll account? Wait, can trolls have troll accounts?

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sexual orentation and pedophilia are not even in the same galaxy.

The God I know would not have you throw your children out, he would have you love them and try and help them.

This fire and brimstone is not what the Christian God is about
View Quote

Next you'll tell us that Satan and Hell don't exist!

Ah, the modern Churchians.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top