Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2017 5:28:06 PM EDT
Took my new (heh...New...It was built in 1971 and sat in a crate until I bought it)....Anyway, I took it to the range last night and while it's a very smooth running rifle I have a problem with the sights. By that I really mean my eye sight. My eye sight sucks and I have trouble picking up the front sight through that ridiculously small notched rear sight. My rifle does have the flip up phosphorus glow sights but they don't work if they aren't charged.

Anyway, are there replacement sights for this thing that give it a better sight picture?

I know about Tech-Sights and while they seem like they'd be great I'm not looking to cut the take down pin out. Is there a sight similar to the stock rear sight but has a larger notch?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
check out mojo sight. if you are looking for a mount,choat mount
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Google "SKS sights" and take your pick!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google "SKS sights" and take your pick!
View Quote
I did that. Now I've gotta decide what direction I want take.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Tapped out the rear sight on my Yugo and installed a peep sight. LOVE it ! My almost 54 yr old eyes pick up the front sight much better and shooting at 50 - 100 meters is way easier. DO IT !!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tapped out the rear sight on my Yugo and installed a peep sight. LOVE it ! My almost 54 yr old eyes pick up the front sight much better and shooting at 50 - 100 meters is way easier. DO IT !!
View Quote

I was looking at the peep sights too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a drop in peep sight with changeable aperture sizes on mine for a long time. Bought it In the late 90's. I eventually went back to the original because I preferred the range adjustment.

It looks like this

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
A more visible front sight would be the easiest fix.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Mojo sights or williams firesights

https://williamsgunsight.com/product/sks-rifle-firesight-set/

http://www.mojosights.com/ak47_sks.html
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
TechSights

They made my SKS my favorite rifle.http://www.tech-sights.com/sks-products/
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Tech sites are the way to go, your sks isn't a collector's item so it won't hurt the value.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Ghost ring. (Mid mounted large peep)

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tech sites are the way to go, your sks isn't a collector's item so it won't hurt the value.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know it's not a collector's item but there's just something about grinding parts of it off that I don't particularly like.

Quoted:
I had a drop in peep sight with changeable aperture sizes on mine for a long time. Bought it In the late 90's. I eventually went back to the original because I preferred the range adjustment.

It looks like this

http://www.s-10crewcab.net/henryj_folder/firesights.jpg

I was just looking at these too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Tech sights are the only answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top