BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 110
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Hamilton.  Pussy-ass bitch move.  He brake checked him.

They either both deserved penalties, or neither.  

But waiting for Hamilton's bolster to get fucked up and THEN handing Vettwl the penalty?  Complete and utter bullshit.
View Quote
Race direction is punishing Ferrari at will and letting Hamilton and Verstappen do whatever the fuck they want.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stupidest track ever
View Quote
I love this track and I don't understand why everyone else hates it. 

Tight street circuits with concrete walls FTW. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
https://my.mixtape.moe/xaugvy.mp4

"When did I do dangerous driving?"

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I will say this:

8 races in, and all 10 teams and 17 of 20 drivers have scored points already.  Damn impressive.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://my.mixtape.moe/xaugvy.mp4

View Quote
What he did in reaction was certainly stupid but not dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys and your purse fights are hilarious. Please don't stop.

Hard to believe Hamilton got away with more dirty driving again. He just never seems to get called on anything he does.

Vettel needs to control his temper more. I understand dodging out from behind Hamilton but all the hand waving, especially taking his left hand off the wheel and waving it around, while looking at Hamilton, naturally the car was going to jerk right. Should have dodged out, got on the radio, let the team do the protesting and kept his head down. The ensuring penalty was understandable due to the contact between the cars. That's never safe. But Hamilton slowing up our of the turn. That was deliberate. What if it had cause a chain reaction crash taking several cars out of the race. As others have said, not the first time he's had problems behind the safety car. His insistent whining when he's behind one gets old too.

Overall a very bizarre race. Pretty amazing that Bottas came from a lap down to second. And Stroll taking his first podium was awesome after all the criticism. I'm on the fence as to whether this is a good race to have or not. It almost seems like they need to modify the layout but on the other hand it's a very challenging layout. Interesting how last year the old city part was a big factor but not so much this year.

This is turning into a real fight for the Drivers Championship and an entertaining season. Loving it.

ETA: You have to love the way Coulthard trolled Bottas during the interview! "Kimi was okay with it."
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
lol Oh Shung.

Leader controls the field at the restart.  Apparently the data says Hamilton didnt brake check him.  We do have video of Vettel swerving into Hamilton though.  If the FIA thought Hamilton was going unnecessarily slow they shouldve penalized him.  Seems the only reason Vettel wasnt black flagged was because of the WDC.

Needs more 'boys have at it' and I dont think Ham or Vettel shouldve had any issues from the stewards.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lol Oh Shung.

Leader controls the field at the restart.  Apparently the data says Hamilton didnt brake check him.  We do have video of Vettel swerving into Hamilton though.  If the FIA thought Hamilton was going unnecessarily slow they shouldve penalized him.  Seems the only reason Vettel wasnt black flagged was because of the WDC.

Needs more 'boys have at it' and I dont think Ham or Vettel shouldve had any issues from the stewards.
View Quote
Bullshit. First of all it wasn't restart yet. They were still behind the safety car.

He doesn't need to brake. Simply passing from 80kmh to 50kmh out of the corner when you are supposed to accelerate is enough for causing Vettel to collide or completely ruin his tires (best case scenario). It's a complete dirty and illicit move.

Plus he wasn't keeping the 10cars distance for the safety car he is supposed to. First he laments the safety car is too slow and then he slows down without any reason ?

He is not new to these antics neither. He did the same in China cause if yet another collision.

It's a dirty move and he always get away with them. That why Vettel lost his temper.

It's not smart. And Vettel getting penalized is normal. But Hamilton getting away with no penalty is utter bullshit. Especially given the fact that they gave the penalty simply to save Mercedes ass after they had their helmet protection issue.

Same as bottas... It's the second time he takes raikonnen out, while raikonnen was more than 1/2 a car in front of him..

Did you nothing that everybody causing collisions that took cars out, got away with it, while Vettel who did cause a collision which had no consequence on the race got the worst penalty they had this season ?

Seriously...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
And then you gotta laugh your ass off at Hamilton who in post race interview, said that this is not (what Vettel did after Hamilton caused a collision) how a 4 times world champions should behave...

I guess crying on the radio to ask for your team mate who is currently racing for 2nd position, possibly for the win, asking him to slow down so he could bother the guy you are trying to overtake but cannot on your own, is how a world champion should behave ?

I had gained quite a lot of respect for Hamilton in the last 6 months... He is now back at Verstappen level.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of the people that are part of F1, that run F1, are British.  Hell, all but two of the teams are based in Britain.  Hell, Charlie Whiting is British.

If you are British, and a fan of the sport, Hamilton is it as far as drivers to root for, and there are no true British teams... So in essence, he has an entire country sucking his cock.  

THAT my friends, is why he gets away with near murder in nearly every F1 event he participates in.  

Not that Bradders or any other Britisher will admit it, but we all know it's the truth.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most of the people that are part of F1, that run F1, are British.  Hell, all but two of the teams are based in Britain.  Hell, Charlie Whiting is British.

If you are British, and a fan of the sport, Hamilton is it as far as drivers to root for, and there are no true British teams... So in essence, he has an entire country sucking his cock.  

THAT my friends, is why he gets away with near murder in nearly every F1 event he participates in.  
View Quote
Matchett and Hobbs were both gargling Ham balls for this race for sure.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not that Bradders or any other Britisher will admit it, but we all know it's the truth.  
View Quote
I am glad someone states it like it is.

Now I wish Ferrari would start getting the respect it's due-

More than 50% of the people watching F1 do it because of Ferrari..

And in the races they are treated on par with toro Rosso..
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The way F1 drivers bunch up the field behind the safety car is a fucking circus, and the FIA is run by clowns who won't fix the rules to prevent it. That shit is dangerous and it makes everyone in the sport look like fools.

That was a fucking dick move by Hamilton, and he's done it before. Vettel fucked up not by rear-ending Hamilton, but by pulling up alongside him and running into him the second time. Hamilton would've won the race if not for his bizarre headrest issue, and Vettel would've won the race if he hadn't retaliated...although I don't blame him for doing it, all he did was fuck himself out of 13 points.

Stroll better enjoy that podium, it's the only one his dad will ever be able to buy for him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The way F1 drivers bunch up the field behind the safety car is a fucking circus, and the FIA is run by clowns who won't fix the rules to prevent it. That shit is dangerous and it makes everyone in the sport look like fools.

That was a fucking dick move by Hamilton, and he's done it before. Vettel fucked up not by rear-ending Hamilton, but by pulling up alongside him and running into him the second time. Hamilton would've won the race if not for his bizarre headrest issue, and Vettel would've won the race if he hadn't retaliated...although I don't blame him for doing it, all he did was fuck himself out of 13 points.

Stroll better enjoy that podium, it's the only one his dad will ever be able to buy for him.
View Quote
I love Seb, but you pretty much nailed every point I was going to make about the race.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
<snip>
View Quote
you do know he won the championship in a feeder series before being a pay driver right?  Not exactly a fan of him but holy shit, the kid has bounced back from disaster.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1992 Indianapolis 500: Crash and spin before the start
View Quote
I was sitting right there just 30metres away.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
you do know he won the championship in a feeder series before being a pay driver right?  Not exactly a fan of him but holy shit, the kid has bounced back from disaster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
I predict his time in F1 short and fruitless unless he pulls a complete 180. Pastor Maldonado won the GP2 championship, and even managed to win an F1 race. His ass is rightfully gone from F1.

Today's race was a clusterfuck from every direction - completely not representative of anything, ever. And F1 is about long-term consistency. Stroll won't last.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm no expert, but I have strapped on a helmet, fire suit and raced door to door for a decade or two....and that looked like a brake check from the Vettel onboard to me. Now it very well might not have been one but I can see how it would have pissed Vettel off. If that dude did that down here we'd both be wadded up against the wall and prolly swingin' knuckles if still conscious.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was sitting right there just 30metres away.
View Quote
Certainly one of the more odd things to happen in motorsports.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm no expert, but I have strapped on a helmet, fire suit and raced door to door for a decade or two....and that looked like a brake check from the Vettel onboard to me. Now it very well might not have been one but I can see how it would have pissed Vettel off. If that dude did that down here we'd both be wadded up against the wall and prolly swingin' knuckles if still conscious.
View Quote
I was, whether he used the brake pedal or not. We both know how that move goes because it's been done many times in other series. To bunch the field up on the exit of a corner is a dick move and is done to screw the whole pack of racecars up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I watched that race on tv. IIRC it was unusually cold on race day, something like 60 degrees F. Lots of people spun on cold tires.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was, whether he used the brake pedal or not. We both know how that move goes because it's been done many times in other series. To bunch the field up on the exit of a corner is a dick move and is done to screw the whole pack of racecars up.
View Quote
Take off the gas and let the car go into harvest mode and it will do the same thing as slamming on the brakes, it was a dick move by a dick driver, no matter how you put it.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I predict his time in F1 short and fruitless unless he pulls a complete 180. Pastor Maldonado won the GP2 championship, and even managed to win an F1 race. His ass is rightfully gone from F1.

Today's race was a clusterfuck from every direction - completely not representative of anything, ever. And F1 is about long-term consistency. Stroll won't last.
View Quote
I wouldn't compare Lance to Pastor QUITE yet, but he has had one hell of a string of bad luck this year with everyone else driving into him.  

Maybe he's the anti-Pastor?  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Take off the gas and let the car go into harvest mode and it will do the same thing as slamming on the brakes, it was a dick move by a dick driver, no matter how you put it.  
View Quote
Yup. F#ck lewis. Seb was a dumbass for losing his cool and doing what he did, but ham is an arrogant asshole.

Btw... how is it that two merc drivers f#ck over two Ferrari drivers and neither one gets a penalty? Assholes...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yup. F#ck lewis. Seb was a dumbass for losing his cool and doing what he did, but ham is an arrogant asshole.
View Quote
Expect more checking up on rolling restarts from here on out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Matchett and Hobbs were both gargling Ham balls for this race for sure.  
View Quote
I normally like them, but I was getting tired of them glossing over ham's douchbaggery. Whole thing was bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Race direction is punishing Ferrari at will and letting Hamilton and Verstappen do whatever the fuck they want.
View Quote
Yup. Ham and maxipad can do no wrong,  no matter how they fuck everyone else over. It's getting to be like the NFL anymore.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Both should have gotten penalties, or neither. 
View Quote
That's what pissed me off. Had both gotten penalties... it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just watched the video replay and interview and Shungs little spoilt brat doesn't even acknowledge he deliberately drove into the side of Hamilton
View Quote
My god man... do you know how pathetic you look right now in this thread??? What Seb did was wrong, most of us can admit that. Seb can't because he has to be very careful what he says. DUH!!! Why don't YOU take a step back and acknowledge your obvious brit bias here??? Can't/won't do that will you? Now get back to us about someone refusing to acknowledge what is obvious to the rest of us.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't even imagine the wailing if anybody else did what Vettel did today.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do I need to start calling Vettel by a different name?
Like Kyle Busch?

Holy shit, what an ass
View Quote
What are you calling hamilton?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I can't even imagine the wailing if anybody else did what Vettel did today.
View Quote
If it had been ham, bradders would have said nothing.

The second I saw it, I said seb was a dumbass for losing his cool. Too bad the brit flag wavers won't admit when their guy is an asshole.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Expect more checking up on rolling restarts from here on out.
View Quote
God knows it'll happen even more if lewis is in front. Such a conceited little douche.

I never liked him,  but my dislike is becoming more than that now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If it had been ham, bradders would have said nothing.

The second I saw it, I said seb was a dumbass for losing his cool. Too bad the brit flag wavers won't admit when their guy is an asshole.
View Quote
To be fair (which is a rare sentiment in this thread), what Lewis did is part of racing 101. It's generally viewed as a shady move, but it gets taught to kids starting in karts.

I look at it this way, Lewis being Lewis, goaded Seb into doing something stupid. Seb lost the mind game.

Is it an asshole move? Sure, but it ended up being a really smart play.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That is very true. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still scandalous that the race direction didn't punish Hamilton for that brake check...

It's was done on purpose and a very dirty move.
That is very true. 
No, not really. The race stewards dole out the penalties, not Charlie Whiting.

m
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where is Plumber? I can't believe he is missing this.
View Quote
JUST finished watching the race, I'm traveling a bunch this summer and got home from my drive at 5am and couldn't stay up for the race or wake up for it.

AND WHAT A RACE IT WAS. ABSOLUTE CHAOS!! I loved it . LOVED IT. Race of the year so far.

When was the last podium where all 3 drivers were genuinely happy to be there? Incredible.

I was so rooting for Magnussen to keep a podium position but it wasn't in the cards. Glad he brought home some points.

So happy McLaren got points.

HAM bashers need to eat some words and give apologies, telemetry shows Vettel was responsible wreck, no brake checking happened. VET wen full Maldonado and lost his cool, he owes some apologies, too.
Motorsport.com and not a tweet

Vettel not acknowledging his Days of Thunder move on HAM

The BOT-RAI and PER-OCO incidents were both caused by a driver hitting the inside curb, racing incidents.

Stroll on a podium?!?! DOES A SHOEY!!

With Button gone I've been giving some thought to who will be my favorite current driver. It's hard to not give Ricciardo the nod.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Ha.. he did not lift off completely.. LoL

I guess it's ok to do this in an accelerating area.. (telemetry shows he went from 80kmh to 40kmh, which is below the SC minimum speed)

LoL at this further horseshit

Plus. I guess we should take the stewards word for it..... where is the source of such affirmations ? I can't find it nowhere else/
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:52:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Plus I only need to look at the list of penalties vettel is under to understand how things work with race direction and stewards..

2016 British Grand Prix – running Felipe Massa off track (2 points)

2016 Malaysian Grand Prix – causing first corner incident with Nico Rosberg (2 points)

2016 Mexican Grand Prix – moving under braking (2 points)

2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix – potentially dangerous move on Lewis Hamilton (3 points)
View Quote
So tell me, how many points did bottas get for causing accidents with Räikkönen ? (Twice this season already )

How many points did verstappen get for moving under braking , like a billion times last season ? (See hungaroring for example)

Ahhh... that's right. None. Zilch. Nada.

And then, to call vettels move a potentially dangerous move, is absurd.

Yes, it was stupid. Yes it was illegal. But it wasn't dangerous for shit...

Less dangerous then slowing down abruptly  right out of corner in the acceleration phase.

FIA is fooling no one.... everybody saw what happened.

They're still covering for their pupil...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

JUST finished watching the race, I'm traveling a bunch this summer and got home from my drive at 5am and couldn't stay up for the race or wake up for it.

AND WHAT A RACE IT WAS. ABSOLUTE CHAOS!! I loved it . LOVED IT. Race of the year so far.

When was the last podium where all 3 drivers were genuinely happy to be there? Incredible.

I was so rooting for Magnussen to keep a podium position but it wasn't in the cards. Glad he brought home some points.

So happy McLaren got points.

HAM bashers need to eat some words and give apologies, telemetry shows Vettel was responsible wreck, no brake checking happened. VET wen full Maldonado and lost his cool, he owes some apologies, too.
Motorsport.com and not a tweet

Vettel not acknowledging his Days of Thunder move on HAM

The BOT-RAI and PER-OCO incidents were both caused by a driver hitting the inside curb, racing incidents.

Stroll on a podium?!?! DOES A SHOEY!!

With Button gone I've been giving some thought to who will be my favorite current driver. It's hard to not give Ricciardo the nod.

View Quote
Omg at Motorsport.com comments.

Does Hamilton offer free BJs there ?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#41]
These are 2017 car safety rules

http://www.fia.com/file/56346/download/18817?token=3tFsAJzj

Didn't Hamilton violate rule 39.5 and 39.7 ?

39.5 No car may be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person at any time whilst the safety car is deployed. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.
View Quote
39.7 All competing cars must reduce speed and form up in line behind the safety car no more than ten car lengths apart. In order to ensure that drivers reduce speed sufficiently, from the time at which all teams have been sent the “SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED” message via the official messaging system until the time that each car crosses the first safety car line for the second time, drivers must stay above the minimum time set by the FIA ECU at least once in each marshalling sector (a marshalling sector is defined as the section of track between each of the FIA light panels). In addition, any driver entering the pit lane at the end of his first or second lap after deployment of the safety car, must be above the minimum time set by the FIA ECU at the first safety car line as he enters the pit lane.
View Quote
At the time of the accident, did the safety car have its lights shut off, and thus falling under article 39.13?

Still such article says :

In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
View Quote
What Hamilton did is exactly that. An erratic change of speed

Edit:

Nope I checked ... the lights on the safety car were still on, and Hamilton was violating article 39.5 and 39.7 indeed..

Yet they didn't punish him.. amazing
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#42]
All this aside I really enjoyed the race.  I wouldn't want every F1 race to be such a clown show but it was a nice change of pace from the snooze fests that litter the calander.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
These are 2017 car safety rules

http://www.fia.com/file/56346/download/18817?token=3tFsAJzj

Didn't Hamilton violate rule 39.5 and 39.7 ?

At the time of the accident, did the safety car have its lights shut off, and thus falling under article 39.13?

Still such article says :

What Hamilton did is exactly that. An erratic change of speed

Edit:

Nope I checked ... the lights on the safety car were still on, and Hamilton was violating article 39.5 and 39.7 indeed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4AartWhg4

View Quote
Thank you for this.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rules don't apply to FIA's golden child.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Rules don't apply to FIA's golden child.
View Quote
Yep.. said golden child is why I've watched maybe 10 races since the start of 2014.  Before that, I watched every single one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]
So much talk about Lewis and Seb, how about Ricciardo though?! One of his best races, that restart where he jumped up to 3rd was awesome. I would love to see Red Bull get involved in the championship.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So much talk about Lewis and Seb, how about Ricciardo though?! One of his best races, that restart where he jumped up to 3rd was awesome. I would love to see Red Bull get involved in the championship.
View Quote
Daniel is a wonderful driver, a world class professional, that is rock solid behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Ricciardo did a good race.

But without that chaos and shitshow he would have finished 5th at best
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I watched that race on tv. IIRC it was unusually cold on race day, something like 60 degrees F. Lots of people spun on cold tires.
View Quote
It was high 40's

I was in turn 4 with carhartts on.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ricciardo did a good race.

But without that chaos and shitshow he would have finished 5th at best
View Quote
Luckily for him, he didn't feel the need to ram any other cars.
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top