Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 57
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Cmon O's.

I was expecting you guys to stomp the Twins for us. I thought we were cool?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking Dyson blew another lead tonight.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:p
Fucking Dyson blew another lead tonight.
View Quote
It's like he's been trying to get released all season.

How many losses is Dyson responsible for now?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Diamondbacks............
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Fan interference. This guy reaches in and plucks a barely fair ball that I'm sure he thought was foul. He gets booted. Fine. But he gave the ball to his son, who was maybe two, and the usher took the ball. Now I get tossing the guy, and I get not wanting to let adults keep balls like that, but couldn't they just let the kids keep it or give them another ball or something? It just seems like a kick in the teeth to be a kid, get a real baseball, and have some usher take it away just because your old man wasn't paying close enough attention.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cmon O's.

I was expecting you guys to stomp the Twins for us. I thought we were cool?
View Quote
fucking swept man.. i'm not happy either, yo...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fan interference. This guy reaches in and plucks a barely fair ball that I'm sure he thought was foul. He gets booted. Fine. But he gave the ball to his son, who was maybe two, and the usher took the ball. Now I get tossing the guy, and I get not wanting to let adults keep balls like that, but couldn't they just let the kids keep it or give them another ball or something? It just seems like a kick in the teeth to be a kid, get a real baseball, and have some usher take it away just because your old man wasn't paying close enough attention.
View Quote
You got to discourage future Bartmans.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
or you could have future 'heroes' like that fuck jeffry maier who clearly interfered in a yankees o's playoff game and helped shift the momentum of that series.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

or you could have future 'heroes' like that fuck jeffry maier who clearly interfered in a yankees o's playoff game and helped shift the momentum of that series.
View Quote
It all depends on the team
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#10]
How about Jordan Jankowski's major league debut in Houston? He comes in for Houston to the 9th inning of a 4-2 game with the Tigers leading. 

He strikes out Mikey Mahtook swinging.

He strikes out Andrew Romine swinging.

He gives up a standup triple to Tyler Collins, who was 5 for 50 on the road this year.

He has an 11 pitch battle with Jose Iglesias, which ends with Iglesias hitting his second homer of the year. 6-2 Tigers.

He strikes out Ian Kinsler swinging.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How about Jordan Jankowski's major league debut in Houston? He comes in for Houston to the 9th inning of a 4-2 game with the Tigers leading. 

He gives up a standup triple to Tyler Collins, who was 5 for 50 on the road this year.

He has an 11 pitch battle with Jose Iglesias, which ends with Iglesias hitting his second homer of the year. 6-2 Tigers.

View Quote
That was a decent outing for a rook. Striking out the side and giving up a homer that is only a homer less than 10% of the time based on exit velocity and launch angle. A couple feet to the right and it's a loud out. Tigers would have won the game anyway since the only run we got in the bottom of the ninth was a solo shot by Bregman. Good game on both sides though. Greene was dominant, I was impressed. Devo has been a bit overused, and probably shouldn't have been used for such another long outing in the same series. He's still got a good chance to be an All-star this year though.

Tonight's game is almost guaranteed to be a Tigers win though, Fiers averages over 3 home runs/9 innings. I hope McHugh comes back soon so we can take his ass outta the rotation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That was a decent outing for a rook. Striking out the side and giving up a homer that is only a homer less than 10% of the time based on exit velocity and launch angle. A couple feet to the right and it's a loud out. Tigers would have won the game anyway since the only run we got in the bottom of the ninth was a solo shot by Bregman. Good game on both sides though. Greene was dominant, I was impressed. Devo has been a bit overused, and probably shouldn't have been used for such another long outing in the same series. He's still got a good chance to be an All-star this year though.

Tonight's game is almost guaranteed to be a Tigers win though, Fiers averages over 3 home runs/9 innings. I hope McHugh comes back soon so we can take his ass outta the rotation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bregman and Iglesias' homers were the exact same distance, 348 feet. They both came back onto the field too. Statcast gave Iggy's homer an 8% hit probability, and Bregman's had a 7% hit probability. 

The Crawford Box giveth, the Crawford Box taketh away!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Bregman and Iglesias' homers were the exact same distance, 348 feet. They both came back onto the field too. Statcast gave Iggy's homer an 8% hit probability, and Bregman's had a 7% hit probability. 

The Crawford Box giveth, the Crawford Box taketh away!
View Quote
I think I read that Bregman's homer was actually only about 1% probability, lol.
Yeah, a lot of other teams' fans hate the Crawford boxes, but if you have the pitching to allow long fly balls more towards center, that cavernous CF (admittedly less cavernous now that they took out Tal's Hill, good riddance) will turn them into loud outs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
JD Martinez hit a fence scraper in Houston. Of course the fence that ball scraped was in the parking lot though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm so sick of Verlander taking two months to get it going every year. They need a win tonight because they have 4 games in the next 48 hours, and Verlnader goes up there throwing batting practice. He had this game too and he just completely fell apart. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm so sick of Verlander taking two months to get it going every year. They need a win tonight because they have 4 games in the next 48 hours, and Verlnader goes up there throwing batting practice. He had this game too and he just completely fell apart. 
View Quote
Clearly theyre stealing his signs..

Or does that only apply to the Indians?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the Astros are turning the AC on when their guys bat and turning it off when the Tigers bat. 

And don't laugh, because everyone knows that Minnesota used to do that at the Metrodome. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Here kitty kitty kitty kitty...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No, the Astros are turning the AC on when their guys bat and turning it off when the Tigers bat. 

And don't laugh, because everyone knows that Minnesota used to do that at the Metrodome. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, the roof was open
That was a crazy game. Decided on a 400ft homer by our 4th outfielder who is normally a defensive replacement. Jake from Rake Farm!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
All is right with the world.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
If all were right with the world, the ground would open beneath Yankee Stadium, swallowing the Yankees, and the rocky maw would lead directly to Hell.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If all were right with the world, the ground would open beneath Yankee Stadium, swallowing the Yankees, and the rocky maw would lead directly to Hell.
View Quote
I'd be ok with that.

Series wins for the Astros verses losses: 12-3. That's pretty incredible. It's to the point I don't even look at individual losses, as long as we win the series.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd be ok with that.

Series wins for the Astros verses losses: 12-3. That's pretty incredible. It's to the point I don't even look at individual losses, as long as we win the series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be ok with that.

Who were the losses against?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be ok with that.

Some assholes whose town's river catches on fire, and some other assholes named the Royals.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some assholes whose town's river catches on fire, and some other assholes named the Royals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be ok with that.

KC is in town tonight. Weve got a score to settle too.

Thats the weird thing about Cleveland sports. We'll kick the #1 team's ass handily, and the sorriest teams will kick ours. We win when not supposed to, and lose when we are expected to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#26]
holy fucking orioles what the ever living fuck is going on man... killing me..
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:03:54 AM EDT
[#27]
OMG I can't believe Keuchel gave up a run! Get that bum outta here!

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#28]
And then it wasn't.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Were the Astros granted extended BP today?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Were the Astros granted extended BP today?
View Quote
well, you're facing a starting pitching staff that hasn't had a game winner in the past 17 games...
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess the O's figured they won April and could pack it in for the rest of the season.  What a disgrace this has been.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I guess the O's figured they won April and could pack it in for the rest of the season.  What a disgrace this has been.  
View Quote
starting pitching has been especially awful. even when they get a decent start, they can't drive in any runs. still time to get their shit together, hopefully it's sooner than later.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm having a hell of a day
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

starting pitching has been especially awful. even when they get a decent start, they can't drive in any runs. still time to get their shit together, hopefully it's sooner than later.
View Quote
It might not be long at this rate before the O's start dealing.  This would be the year for big trades with so many players contracts coming to an end after the 2018 season.  Machado, Britton, Jones, etc.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]
What a pitchers duel between Kershaw and Lester!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:32:27 AM EDT
[#36]
so a coupla weeks ago, the Astros beat the Yankees, first in the AL East, in a 4 game series. Now they head to Minnesota to take on the AL Central leading Twins. Gonna be tough without Charlie Morton, who just got put on the 10 day DL, and maybe there for longer. Brad Peacock, who 1 hit the Tigers in a spot start while Keuchel was on the dl, gets another chance to remain in the rotation.
Another down side of Morton going on the dl is Fiers is still in the rotation instead of being moved to the pen.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
so a coupla weeks ago, the Astros beat the Yankees, first in the AL East, in a 4 game series. Now they head to Minnesota to take on the AL Central leading Twins. Gonna be tough without Charlie Morton, who just got put on the 10 day DL, and maybe there for longer. Brad Peacock, who 1 hit the Tigers in a spot start while Keuchel was on the dl, gets another chance to remain in the rotation.
Another down side of Morton going on the dl is Fiers is still in the rotation instead of being moved to the pen.
View Quote
Yeah. Sweep the Twins for us.

We got the A's in town for 4 games. Gonna be nice to see Rajai Davis back in our park. A few days ago we retired Frank Robinson's number, so Rajai would be the last Indian to wear the #20
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#38]
All I can say is DAAAAAAAAAAAMNNN!!!!!

Astros down 8-2 going into the 8th against the Twins, score 11 runs in the inning, then 3 more in the 9th. Their previous record when down 6+ runs in the 8th since 1962 was 0-659. First time the Astros had scored 11 runs in an inning since July 1994.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All I can say is DAAAAAAAAAAAMNNN!!!!!

Astros down 8-2 going into the 8th against the Twins, score 11 runs in the inning, then 3 more in the 9th. Their previous record when down 6+ runs in the 8th since 1962 was 0-659. First time the Astros had scored 11 runs in an inning since July 1994.
View Quote
There ya go! I checked the score when MIN scored 7 in an inning. Then checked later when you guys got 11 in the 8th!

We won today making us -1 of first. As I said earlier.. Sweep. Them.

Keep it up 'Stros
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Great game in KC, first time the Tigers have faces the Royals this year. Neither team has quit in them. Love this game fellas!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#41]
So I was watching the fight in San Fran...Harper took a couple shots to the kisser looked like. Good!

But, they must not have been very hard hits. There wasn't any blood. 

These guys act like tough guys, but they can't hit for shit. Some of the shots Harper took looked like sissy swings. 

What a disappointment. 

I hope they both get 10 game suspensions for fighting like girls. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Great game in KC, first time the Tigers have faces the Royals this year. Neither team has quit in them. Love this game fellas!
View Quote
This has been a good game. 

For a lot of years games in KC were always 2-1, 3-2 and maybe a 4-0 blowout. Good to see an exciting battle in KC. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#43]
How bout the kid on the bump for KC! Shutout through 6!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn them Stros are good at playing baseball. Fiers kept the ball in the park tonight!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Damn them Stros are good at playing baseball. Fiers kept the ball in the park tonight!
View Quote
Could have had a shut out except for the bad defense in the first.
Little concerned though since Musgrove joined Morton on the DL today. McHugh still there, and the only starters not to be on it at some point are McCullers and Fiers
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#46]
40 runs in 3 games. Astros took the Twins to the woodpile 17-6. Almost wish we could save some of those runs for the series against the Mall Cops. Pitching line-up for that series is Cy Keuchel, McCullers, and Peacock so should be a good one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
40 runs in 3 games. Astros took the Twins to the woodpile 17-6. Almost wish we could save some of those runs for the series against the Mall Cops. Pitching line-up for that series is Cy Keuchel, McCullers, and Peacock so should be a good one.
View Quote
I think you mean; took the Twins to the woodshed.

"Woodpile" is a different saying. 
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think you mean; took the Twins to the woodshed.

"Woodpile" is a different saying. 
View Quote
Thanks for the correction, I suck at trash talk, lol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Little concerned though since Musgrove joined Morton on the DL today. McHugh still there, and the only starters not to be on it at some point are McCullers and Fiers
View Quote
I missed why Musgrove was on the DL.  He just had his best game a few days ago.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just some time off to keep his innings down. I think they made the excuse he had slight muscle soreness. While we have this huge lead in the standings, might as well use the 10 day dl to our advantage
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top