User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that black AK a Clayco?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Lib I know lost their fucking mind when I pointed that out. Criminal steals gun, commits crime with it, then sells it to the cops, who destroy the evidence.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
" The chains of slaves are forged from the molten metal of their surrendered and confiscated arms "
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I never understood about these is why don't the police departments auction off the guns that aren't stolen? As a taxpayer, how is it ok for me to not only be paying a cop to stand there at this buy back not out on the road and pay $100 for every gun turned in with no hope of any money? You can't tell me that there wouldn't be significant turn out for an event like that.
View Quote

That's the way it "Used" to be. That was back before guns were evil. Now administrators are paranoid if they auction a firearm, it may turn up used in the next Sandy Hook shooting somewhere. Heads would roll.

Sucks, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I suspect very few of the really valuable guns will actually end up being destroyed.
View Quote

From the manual it looks like it's a Universal, so at least it's not USGI.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FAB 10

Closed magwell AR that you had to topload. It was the only CA legal AR back in the day before they discovered bullet buttons.[sub][/sub]
View Quote

Nope, it's still an Armi Jager .22...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Perfect place where we could get a federal law to require them to record all serial numbers and do a search for stolen weapons with the requirement that they be returned to their rightful owners. Require that all the Make, Model, and Serial # of everything turned in be released for verification.
View Quote

kinda like whats already done

every firearm accepted or collected by the police in California is assigned its own tracking number and it's compared to nationwide theft records. Gun board people talking about police firearms record keeping requirements sound like the media talking about "assault weapons" the level of ignorance makes them look stupid, but its just ignorance.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's the way it "Used" to be. That was back before guns were evil. Now administrators are paranoid if they auction a firearm, it may turn up used in the next Sandy Hook shooting somewhere. Heads would roll.

Sucks, but it is what it is.
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't mind people selling unused guns.

I hate that the government is going to destroy them.
View Quote

Isis will get them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I always wonder how many are stolen..........
View Quote

I'll lay dollars to donuts that a substantial percentage are.

There are about 3 reasons for turning in.

Stolen
Little old lady who wants rid of her husband's left behinds
Crime gun

There are the gun guys who turn in worthless ones.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel safe now.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Aww.......That AP-74 in the second pic'!!!
I'm 14 all over again (I really wanted one when i was 14)
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is ALWAYS a Ruger pistol.  It's like a rule or something.
View Quote

That, and I've seen pics of those Jager Ar 22's (AP15/AP74) show up in buybacks, missing the magazines more in the last two years than I have seen at gun shows in the last 20. 1. Where are the rifles coming from? 2. Where the hell have the magazines gone? They're always missing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That, and I've seen pics of those Jager Ar 22's (AP15/AP74) show up in buybacks, missing the magazines more in the last two years than I have seen at gun shows in the last 20. 1. Where are the rifles coming from? 2. Where the hell have the magazines gone? They're always missing.
View Quote

If I had to guess, those things are either coming out of Hollywood prop houses (they always seem to pop up in SoCal) or out of a gunstore that has already stripped them for any useful parts. The parts situation with the AP-74 has gotten extremely bad of late; it's generally worth it to buy a clunker gun just to strip it for parts. Magazines, especially the .32 ones, are very hard to come by. I have only one for my .22LR, and I shoot it very rarely for fear of breaking something irreplaceable.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always wonder how many are stolen..........
View Quote

You would be surprised how many aren't.

A buddy of mine is a cop and has told me many stories of little old ladies bringing her late husband's guns because she doesn't want them around the house anymore.
I spoke to somebody once that mentioned she had a "pile of guns" that belonged to her late brother sitting in the corner of her garage. I offered to help her with valuing them and putting her in touch with dealers who wouldn't hose her on selling. She was terrified of the idea of them being in her house for some reason and just wanted them gone. I even offered to look at them and give her a price for me to buy them all (legally, transferred through an FFL of course).
As far as I know she just turned them in to the cops.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The news said they run the serial numbers and if any are stolen they work to return them to the rightfull owners. If that is true it might be a win based on the cost paid to recover it for the owner.

I'd like to see the follow up story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those "buybacks" provide a convenient way to cash in on STOLEN firearms. 

At taxpayer expense, so that the politicians can pretend they are helping, because of feelz

The news said they run the serial numbers and if any are stolen they work to return them to the rightfull owners. If that is true it might be a win based on the cost paid to recover it for the owner.

I'd like to see the follow up story.

I doubt they do much of anything in that regard.
It took lawyers and a lot of shit for my buddy to get his guns back after using one in self defense.
His lawyer cost 3-4 times what the guns were worth, he got the runaround at every turn.

But he has money and is stubborn as fuck, he finally had to call in a favor with a relative who is a DA to get them to get off their asses and return his property to me.

What is going to be really sad is the Aussie style gun pile in 3-5 years when California decides we can no longer have handguns or any semi auto rifles (that we are supposed to register this year).
It is coming.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#18]
All that History going to waste hurts me.

Someone is really going to do the damage with that Ball and Cap pistol...Good thing we got that off the streets.

Fucking Liberal Dumbasses.

What a waste of Taxpayer money. Someone should sue, i dont know what for...But someone should sue.

OHHHHH

THEY COULD SUE CALIFORNIA GOVERNMENT FOR PURCHASING ILLEGAL FIREARMS
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There is ALWAYS a Ruger pistol.  It's like a rule or something.
View Quote

I would like to have that Ruger pistol.

I have a blued P89 but wouldn't mind a companion stainless at buyback prices.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#20]
CA should feel safer by now.

Cough, cough.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Whoever turned in a trench 1897 Winchester should have suck started it instead.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#22]
There was a guy on this forum that put himself through college with gun buybacks.  He'd spend all year gathering up as many lorcins, hi-point, clarke, davis and any other cheap pistols as he could get his hands on and then go sell them all at one of these for a profit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:37:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What type of M16 is that in the 2nd pic? Lower looks weird.
View Quote

Armi Jaeger AP-74

I own one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:53:33 AM EDT
[#24]
That's my guess. I had one as a first .22lr, at least I think I did. It was either that or the Squires Bingham model. Reason I can't remember is it was a looong time ago, I was 12 so it would have been 1979, and the gun only lasted about three weeks before the bolt fell apart. Took it back to Western Auto and got a Ruger 10/22.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:04:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Unless the govt gave them to the people in the first place....they ain't "buying back" shit...they're using tax dollars to bribe people....
Last i checked, that's just theft...
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#26]
WTF is wrong with people?

That would be like giving away a kid.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:09:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's my guess. I had one as a first .22lr, at least I think I did. It was either that or the Squires Bingham model. Reason I can't remember is it was a looong time ago, I was 12 so it would have been 1979, and the gun only lasted about three weeks before the bolt fell apart. Took it back to Western Auto and got a Ruger 10/22.
View Quote

Quoting myself here as I wanted to say, now that I've seen the photo of the Armi Jaeger, that's exactly what it is, and I did not have that one. I wanted one, but Western Auto beside my dad's store didn't have them, and had the Squires Bingham, which had wood furniture painted black, and the fore end was squared off. It was junk. The Armi guns were much nicer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I would fucking LOVE for there to be a gun buy back by me.

A quick trip to Home Depot and I'd make some easy cash.  Plus some great new stuff for cheap.

I see them as gun shows where you get to cash out wall hangers.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Lasky: It's a BB gun!
Clark: Don't tempt me. I could put an eye out with this thing.
Lasky: You couldn't even break the skin with that thing.
Clark: Yeah I could. It could lodge in the skin and cause a very bad infection.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Weapon on 'fire' with a mag inserted and a person that obviously has no idea what they are doing holding it. Sounds like a "common sense" approach, does it not? Jesus.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep. A muzzle loader is only slightly more dangerous than a baseball bat.
View Quote

This guy chuckles at your statement.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#32]
in the '60s, before any of this gun buy back BS, the NYPD used to do a photo op of all the guns they confiscated that year. I remember a pic of a barge loaded with guns being driven out into the bay. Even as a kid I was profoundly sad. Mausers, Lugers,...you name it and they were just dropping them into the salt water. Broke my heart.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I always wonder how many come out of the evidence locker for a photo op. A brand new CMMG? Yeah I'm sure somebody bought that then turned it over for $100 gift card. Also the always present Tech 9s, Macs and AKs.
View Quote

My thought exactly, along with how many of these bump off the back of the truck on the crusher.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I like the condition 1 1911.  Who thought that was a good idea?  I wonder if they even checked for ammo?  I wonder how many made it into the personal collection of someone working the "buyback"?  Oh, wait, that question was asked in the link.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If I had to guess, those things are either coming out of Hollywood prop houses (they always seem to pop up in SoCal) or out of a gunstore that has already stripped them for any useful parts. The parts situation with the AP-74 has gotten extremely bad of late; it's generally worth it to buy a clunker gun just to strip it for parts. Magazines, especially the .32 ones, are very hard to come by. I have only one for my .22LR, and I shoot it very rarely for fear of breaking something irreplaceable.
View Quote

Good possibility-I do know one buyback that received several of them said they were used in The Professional.

I had one for a year with a broken extractor. Gave up searching for a part after that and sold it to a friend who ended up cobbling it together with a modified extractor from some other gun. It never did work quite right.

When one of his other friends offered him a Ruger 77/22 in trade he took it and never looked back. The other guy had bought the Ruger new so he knew what they were worth, he just had to have the jager(that one was the AP15).
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#36]
This has to be staged!!!
27 years as a LEO , took / saw hundreds of "street" guns and never saw a group of higher end guns like that.
99 percent are Fudd guns and yes , many are found to be stolen during post seizure investigation.
Lots of crap pistols and 12 gauge shotguns.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Whoever turned in a trench 1897 Winchester should have suck started it instead.
View Quote

Let's hope it's one of the Chinese copies or a put-together and not a legit USGI one.

I just noticed the Vetterli-Carcano. While I hate to see historical rifles go to the crusher, those are pretty awful.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Morons or "Morans"  

So much Derp
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Been waiting for years to post this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep. A muzzle loader is only slightly more dangerous than a baseball bat.
View Quote

Even an idiot can swing a bat. Takes at least some know how to fire a muzzleloader.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I need to hold a gun by back one of these days
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Weapon on 'fire' with a mag inserted and a person that obviously has no idea what they are doing holding it. Sounds like a "common sense" approach, does it not? Jesus.
View Quote

Probably one of those fixed magazine abortions.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top