Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nobody likes Motley Crew
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know that when I need advise or information on all things political the first source I turn to is Guns and Rose
View Quote

I Know that when I Kneed Advise or Infermashun on all things Pulliticul the first sorse I tern too is Gunns and Rose.

Can you pick up the sarcasm?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
James lays it out about Axel. I saw both bands together in the early 90's. They fucked up playing Metallica before GNR. Metallica rocked the house, GNR was meh. I thought the opener FNM was better than GNR.

https://youtu.be/yYa8CszIz0M

yYa8CszIz0M</iframe>
View Quote

I love Metallica but that's funny because....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking autocorect
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shitty band that represents a shitty time for music. And I'm supposed to revere their shitty opinion? No thanks.
View Quote

outside of their shitty political opinion your post is fucking derp.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seriously their time was over decades ago.  Who cares what they say now, they are old and irrelevant.
View Quote

And are in the middle of the largest tour of the year. Their opinion sucks but to say they are irrelevant musically is foolish.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I got to meet Metallica after a show in SC. Spent 2 hrs with the lead singer James outside in the cold shooting the shit about guns, hunting, and shooting. He was a laid back cool MF'er.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Creative, artistic people are almost always liberal.  That's just the way brains are wired. They are wired to feel, not think.

I got to meet Metallica after a show in SC. Spent 2 hrs with the lead singer James outside in the cold shooting the shit about guns, hunting, and shooting. He was a laid back cool MF'er.

Did you miss the word always?

Why is it the list of liberal celebrities is so much longer than conservatives? Most celebrities are because they act, or sing.

GD is surprised when an actor or band member is conservative, that should tell you something.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Guns n' Roses is in my opinion one of the most overrated bands of all times.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nobody likes Motley Crew
View Quote

Who is Motley Crew?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Buns and hoses isn't real all that good anyway.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Who is Motley Crew?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody likes Motley Crew

Who is Motley Crew?

Just stop, this makes you look silly not edgy or cool like you think.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Washed up has-beens
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure there are some larger Gn'R fans out there than me, but they are likely few and far between.

That said, IDGAF what their politics are.  They are entitled to their opinion the same way I am entitled to mine.

If we start vetting every entertainment figure against the prevalent politics of this site, our watch/play lists are going to get very small, very quickly.

To say they are a shitty band in a shitty time is something of a misnomer.  They stood the then current rock n' roll establishment on its ass when they broke.  This was a time of Poison, Def Leppard, Warrant, etc., etc. etc.  By contrast Gn'R was loud, profane, vulgar and actually talented.  They were a revolution when they broke; A near perfect synthesis of hard rock and punk that sounded like nothing else out there at the time.  Looking back through a quarter century of history, it's hard to vocalize just what a "holy shit" moment in time it was when Appetite for Destruction broke.

Additionally, like him or hate him (and I agree he is a deranged personality) Axl Rose is/was an extremely talented singer.  Perhaps, in my opinion, the most distinctive voice in rock n' roll history.  He has been independently verified to have one of the three our four largest vocal ranges on recorded work.  Likewise, he is largely responsible for penning the vocals on most of their songs.

The unsung savant in the group was Izzy Stradlin'.  He wrote much of the music, and his laid back and reclusive style allowed Slash to step into the spotlight and do what he does best.  That is, to grind out not technically perfect, but hugely emotive blues based guitar work.  Together, they were the definitive guitar duo of their time.

Clearly, they are past their prime now, but coming off the most successful tour of the last year, they are hardly irrelevant.

And my favorite Gn'R related quote from Mick Wall;  "The story of Guns N' Roses is the story of a band that truly, honestly, quite literally DID NOT GIVE A FUCK."  If you can't get behind that attitude, then I'm sorry, rock n' roll just isn't for you....

1986ish

2016 - From my trip to LA to catch the end of this tour.  Son of Bitch, the same painting was still on the wall....
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Very good rundown.  Their politics stink, but being someone who grew up in the 80s and first saw them in 87, I can honestly say that music was changed dramatically in a good way by them.  Amazing talent.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]

...and I value their opinion just as much as I do all the other celebretards.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Axl Rose looks like a pizza with a microphone and sounds like a baby getting flogged with a bag of cats.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That said, IDGAF what their politics are.  They are entitled to their opinion the same way I am entitled to mine.
View Quote

Then they need to voice that opinion  when not on the fucking stage during a concert..........
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I am liking Donald Trump more with each passing day, and to be honest, some of that is being driven by finding out who does not like him.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#20]
So they went from *change the station* when their garbage came on, to *gouge my eardrums out* when their shit hits the airwaves....
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Sheesh.  Some of you guys......

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, well, well you just can't tell.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, well, well you just can't tell.
View Quote

Haha.  Michelle Young was at the second show in LA.

She still looks pretty damn good from the picture I saw.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sheesh.  Some of you guys......

aAaDesHYtyU</iframe>
View Quote

A bunch of old ass, makeup wearing, long hair'd, corporate rock playing fag boys playing a punk cover. How quaint.

Wish I could post the pic, when they were in their mainstream prime, of GG Allin holding a GNR poster with his dick poking through Axl's mouth. Those guys wouldve been beaten senseless at a punk show, if they were actually a part of the scene at the time. Now they act all edgy for the gray hairs who werent there either.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A bunch of old ass, makeup wearing, long hair'd, corporate rock playing fag boys playing a punk cover. How quaint.

Wish I could post the pic, when they were in their mainstream prime, of GG Allin holding a GNR poster with his dick poking through Axl's mouth. Those guys wouldve been beaten senseless at a punk show, if they were actually a part of the scene at the time. Now they act all edgy for the gray hairs who werent there either.
View Quote
You might read up on Duff a little.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#26]

I couldn't care less, I never liked their music, I don't understand how anyone could. Suck ass band, over rated guitarist, horrible vocalist, etc etc.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And are in the middle of the largest tour of the year. Their opinion sucks but to say they are irrelevant musically is foolish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously their time was over decades ago.  Who cares what they say now, they are old and irrelevant.

I saw them 25 years ago when they toured with Metallica.
Got to see them again a couple of months ago.

They were a mess during G&R/Metallica. Started late, Axl toasted his voice partway through the second song and growled the rest of the way through their set. They were sloppy, all over the place and probably drunk/high.

The most recent show he kept his voice all the way through, they were tight musically and the show generally just kicked all kinds of ass.

It just boggles my mind that artists, especially ones like G&R who have a mostly white, working class fanbase just can't help but interjecting politics into their shows, thus alienating a good chunk of their fanbase. You rely on these people to make a living, why piss off half (or more) of them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nobody likes Motley Crew
View Quote

The fuck you say?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#29]
$10 says these guys don't vote either.  Move over Kaepernick.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Welcome to the jungle, bitch.

Attachment Attached File

You could be mine, but you're way out of line.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#31]
They were awesome back when Reagan was president. Now... Who cares?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top