BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 129
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i wanna build a hunting rig in 6.5G. thinking 16" with a 10" rail to keep it light for walking the woods.

seems the 6.5G is cool at this short of a barrel, but not amazing. should still deliver though right?
(hate to sound like a noob, but if this has been discussed in this thread already can someone point me to the page?)
View Quote

Killed a doe at 400 with one shot. Looked like a grenade went off inside it. Was using a 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

lol not sure if goofing.I usually get shit all wrong lol.  I hope I summed it up well though. I literally see this cartridge as fantastic.

Now to decide on barrel length. I am used to 18 so I may stay with that length but a 20 is fine
View Quote

Nope you got it all right. It's the best thing going in an AR15  

Unless you're really trying to reach out, over 1k around sea level, 18" should fill your needs.

ETA and you might not even need that, play around with some ballistic tables and prepare to have your mind blown.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lol not sure if goofing.I usually get shit all wrong lol.  I hope I summed it up well though. I literally see this cartridge as fantastic.

Now to decide on barrel length. I am used to 18 so I may stay with that length but a 20 is fine
View Quote

I've been so happy with my 18" that my 24 is still in the box. I sent my money in for the 12" group buy so I will assemble an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nope you got it all right. It's the best thing going in an AR15  

Unless you're really trying to reach out, over 1k around sea level, 18" should fill your needs.

ETA and you might not even need that, play around with some ballistic tables and prepare to have your mind blown.
View Quote

I am thinking worst case SHTF in my locale, 700 yards max. Off to look at more ballistic tables
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am thinking worst case SHTF in my locale, 700 yards max. Off to look at more ballistic tables
View Quote
When considering 18 or 20" it doesn't  really matter, you are only talking about 50fps difference which has very little effect anything you are doing.

50fps may extend your supersonic range by 25yds and give you an extra 30ft/lb energy at 700yd.

There is a shitload of hype on this cartridge from the fanboys so take that into consideration. It is simply better than .223/5.56, in the same frame size.

According to WEZ analysis, given the same bbl length you could expect 10% more hits on a 10x10 target at 700yds with 140hybrid at Grendel speeds vs 77SMK at  .223 speeds.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Popnfresh have you tried any 123's yet?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If it was called the 6.5 Chuck Norris it would help.  Who the hell is Grendel?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it was called the 6.5 Chuck Norris it would help.  Who the hell is Grendel?  
View Quote

Who the hell is Grendel?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i wanna build a hunting rig in 6.5G. thinking 16" with a 10" rail to keep it light for walking the woods.

seems the 6.5G is cool at this short of a barrel, but not amazing. should still deliver though right?
(hate to sound like a noob, but if this has been discussed in this thread already can someone point me to the page?)
View Quote
I can say that 123 SST performs very well on deer from an 18".  Breaks bones fine, good sized wound track and no blood shot meat.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
They make bullets that light in 6.5?

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Dammit, I've been fiddle farting around on my Grendel build for too long.

You fuckers are going to make me order a barrel this week.

Any cut rifled Grendel barrels in stock?

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When considering 18 or 20" it doesn't  really matter, you are only talking about 50fps difference which has very little effect anything you are doing.

50fps may extend your supersonic range by 25yds and give you an extra 30ft/lb energy at 700yd.

There is a shitload of hype on this cartridge from the fanboys so take that into consideration. It is simply better than .223/5.56, in the same frame size.

According to WEZ analysis, given the same bbl length you could expect 10% more hits on a 10x10 target at 700yds with 140hybrid at Grendel speeds vs 77SMK at  .223 speeds.
View Quote

Part in red, yeah definitely  a good amount  of that going around too lol. So far it looks like its perfect for my needs though. I guess I will go 18" as I am definitely not shooting 1k or longer distances.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Killed a doe at 400 with one shot. Looked like a grenade went off inside it. Was using a 16 inch barrel.
View Quote

That's hard to believe.

Which load were you using and what kind of energy does it have at 400 yards out of that short tube?

I've shot plenty of deer with more powerful cartridges at shorter range and they never looked like a grenade went off. Only at very close ranges and with lightly constructed bullets in a fast stepping number.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#14]
My longest thread ever.

Keys to making a long lived thread in GD:
Step 1. Question the popularity of a cult cartridge to cult members.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My longest thread ever.

Keys to making a long lived thread in GD:
Step 1. Question the popularity of a cult cartridge to cult members.
View Quote
Wait'll you do one on .40.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's my one shot Grendel kill. He died at close to the last spot you see him. Dead by the time I got out of the stand and walked over. Approximately 100 yard shot maybe a bit more.

18" Grendel 123gr SST video
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice! Was this in the midwest? I recognize the dirt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Right click....save as...

I wish this table showed  them zero'ed at 100 yards, and then what their drops were  at 200, 300, and so on yards.

I have an AR in 7.62X39, and I reload/handload.

So being able to form 6.5 Gendel brass from brass 7.62X39 cases seems interesting to me...as opposed to being stuck with proprietary 6.8 SPC brass.

My 7.62X39 with American Eagle 124gr FMJ ammo shows a 7 inch drop going from 100 to 200 yards.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Start on page 1.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice! Was this in the midwest? I recognize the dirt.
View Quote

Northern Minnesota
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]
There is so much hype about the 6.5 Grendel that I would have to eventually own both a Grendel and a 6.8 and outfit both rifles (or uppers) the same and shoot them head to head with a chrono (LabRadar?) present.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's hard to believe.

Which load were you using and what kind of energy does it have at 400 yards out of that short tube?

I've shot plenty of deer with more powerful cartridges at shorter range and they never looked like a grenade went off. Only at very close ranges and with lightly constructed bullets in a fast stepping number.
View Quote

You can beleive what you want and I know what I know. I shot it with a 123 amax. I've shot many big game animals from antelope  up to elk with everything from 223 to magnum rounds. If your shooting a heavy partition out of a magnum round your probably not going to get the expansion hand grenade effect. I killed a antelope 2 years ago at almost the exact same yardage using a 270wsm with federal BT and the expansion was very similar. I've also shot elk at 100 yards with partitions out of a 300win mag and there was very little damage.  So the point remains the same. A 16 inch barrel is more then enough for a hunting/ long range  setup.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There is so much hype about the 6.5 Grendel that I would have to eventually own both a Grendel and a 6.8 and outfit both rifles (or uppers) the same and shoot them head to head with a chrono (LabRadar?) present.
View Quote

Someone was supposed to do that, we just haven't got the report yet
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got 100 factory 123amax rounds to get some plinking brass. I wouldn't  bother with handloading them though.

With my target shooting misses are coming from wind uncertainty. I can range my targets so flatter shooting loads are of little benefit, especially with the low SD and ES numbers I am getting.

It isn't  possible to get the 123s fast enough to out perform the higher BC bullets when it comes to wind drift.

The 123amax in my chamber will allow for a max oal of 2.350" that will limit me to maybe 2700fps max , being generous.
That vs. my 140hybrid at 2490fps they perform fairly equally to 400yds, the 140 gets better as the distance grows.

I personally want the best performance where it is hardest to make hits which is at long range and the greatest variable at long range is wind.

At my max range(1060), if I can call the wind within 2mph it is a matter of 22" of horizontal error with the 123amax vs.17"from the 140. At that range the 140 trajectory has actually  become flatter @-1.260"/yard from the 123 vs. -1.170"/yard from the 140. 

I shoot slow heavy bullets in everything long range because they are less effected by wind. 

This is really the whole benefit of the 6.5Grendel over a 5.56 AR. Shooting higher BC, heavier bullets than the 5.56 and getting better external and terminal ballistic  performance in spite of the low velocities. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone following this thread played with one of the CZ Mini Mausers in 6.5 Grendel yet? I wish they offered it in the carbine version of it, but I'm still interested enough to be close to grabbing one anyways.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I've only used 3 bullets in 6.5G.
Nosler 120 BT, Nosler 123CC and Sierra 107SMK
Is there a formula to compare it to 5.56?
As in a 69SMK = 120
Or 90SMK = 140
Something like that. ..
IMO 123 is about the heaviest bullet 6.5G can reasonably handle.
Like the old argument of 308 vs. 30-06
190's seem ridiculous to me from a 308
But from an '06, no biggie.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've only used 3 bullets in 6.5G.
Nosler 120 BT, Nosler 123CC and Sierra 107SMK
Is there a formula to compare it to 5.56?
As in a 69SMK = 120
Or 90SMK = 140
Something like that. ..
IMO 123 is about the heaviest bullet 6.5G can reasonably handle.
Like the old argument of 308 vs. 30-06
190's seem ridiculous to me from a 308
But from an '06, no biggie.
View Quote

What are you basing this on? I shoot 90smks in my .223, 230otms in my .308 and 140s in my Grendel(waiting for my 147elds).

They all handle heavy bullets just fine, the only factor that really determines what weight(length) bullet a rifle can handle is barrel twist rate. If the barrel has enough twist to stabilize the bullet then it can handle it.

Ballistic solvers are very accurate if you know what you are doing, they are a great tool for shooting and comparing different loads.

Here is an example of the accuracy of solvers, i had two different loads neither of them zeroed, i fired them side by side at various ranges out past 1k and even at 500" of drop the solver got my within 7".
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_17/5225_Having-Multiple-Loads-with-One-Zero-on-Your-Scope-.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nerds gonna nerd.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do new cartridges seem to be designed largely by weird people with lousy business acumen and no people skills?

Nerds gonna nerd.
Or act like a total ass with no personality or customer service, like Ciener. 

Some people deserve their milkshake and sandwich to be eaten by others. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Magazine length is one, as in fed ammo from a magazine since these are semi-auto rifles.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

To paraphrase, The 6.8SPC is the best answer possible to the wrong question.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I did that 12 years ago.........
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think I did that 12 years ago.........
View Quote

I would imagine current bullet selections would be a bit better for both.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#33]
6.g Grendel is so 2011

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#34]
65Grendel forum 12" group buy is open again. 4 barrels left.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
65Grendel forum group buy is open again. 4 barrels left.
View Quote

That's for the 12"?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's for the 12"?
View Quote

Yes, I'll edit my post
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was the Variant Forum's resident 6.8 guy, so if he didn't get the results he wanted he might have just hoped that everyone would forget about the whole thing
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think it was the Variant Forum's resident 6.8 guy, so if he didn't get the results he wanted he might have just hoped that everyone would forget about the whole thing
View Quote

No, I didn't forget
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

because most of the time genius = someone who struggles socially and often times have mental disorders.
Something about how their brain functions, making them smarter,more creative than most but also socially awkward and having higher rates of various mental disorders.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The 6.5 & 6.8 both fill the same niche.  The 6.8 seems to be winning out even though the 6.5 may be a hair better.  I suspect it will be a VHS/Betamax scenario and only one will survive.
View Quote

I don't think so.  I think both are here to stay.  Sure if the other one didn't exist then either would be more popular but they are both already pretty widespread.  The 6.5 is now found in bolt guns from Howa and CZ.  6.8 was in a ruger bolt gun but I don't think they make it anymore.  I see both of them still growing in popularity.  More and more ammo manufacturers making ammo.  Federal just announced two new loads for the 6.5.  So you have federal,hornady and wolf(barnual) backing it.  SPC has a little more support as far as mainstream ammo makers, but is hampered by the whole spc1 and spc2 which basically forces all major ammo companies(hornady remington,federal, winchester) to load to the spec 1 chamber for fear of being sued by someone getting blown up putting spec 2 in a spec 1 gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
SPCII has been the deal for a few years.  Not sure anyone would or why they would make the SPC anymore. Remington screwed that up.  Just not as bad as Alexander did with 6.5.  

The 6.5 is gaining some steam.  Ballistically in all honesty it is a better round.  Realistically average joe will never know the difference.  Some elite sniper will enter the thread and tell me about killing an elk at a 1000 yds with a 6.5. To which I say, how far did it run and do you really think AVERAGE joe can ethically do that.

6.8 is great inside 250-300.  Most AVERAGE joes are living in that range.  I own a 6.8 currently, having own both previously and simultaneously.  I don't need a 6.5 as all the accessory stuff I owned was already 6.8(dies and such).
View Quote

With spc2 the 6.8 is a little better inside of 100 equal to 250 or 300 and then the grendel pulls ahead but at no point is there much meaningful difference until you get really far out.  Problem is all the major manufacturers, you know the ones that provide %90 of the ammo fired in the usa, all load to spc1 pressures because they are worried someone will but spec2 ammo in a spec1 gun and get maimed or killed!  Same thing with the 45-70 or 257 roberts.  Underloaded by major ammo makers, now you can find specialty loaders that load to full power example for 45-70 would be buffalo bore or double tap.  But that ammo is almost always overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

With spc2 the 6.8 is a little better inside of 100 equal to 250 or 300 and then the grendel pulls ahead but at no point is there much meaningful difference until you get really far out.  Problem is all the major manufacturers, you know the ones that provide %90 of the ammo fired in the usa, all load to spc1 pressures because they are worried someone will but spec2 ammo in a spec1 gun and get maimed or killed!  Same thing with the 45-70 or 257 roberts.  Underloaded by major ammo makers, now you can find specialty loaders that load to full power example for 45-70 would be buffalo bore or double tap.  But that ammo is almost always overpriced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SPCII has been the deal for a few years.  Not sure anyone would or why they would make the SPC anymore. Remington screwed that up.  Just not as bad as Alexander did with 6.5.  

The 6.5 is gaining some steam.  Ballistically in all honesty it is a better round.  Realistically average joe will never know the difference.  Some elite sniper will enter the thread and tell me about killing an elk at a 1000 yds with a 6.5. To which I say, how far did it run and do you really think AVERAGE joe can ethically do that.

6.8 is great inside 250-300.  Most AVERAGE joes are living in that range.  I own a 6.8 currently, having own both previously and simultaneously.  I don't need a 6.5 as all the accessory stuff I owned was already 6.8(dies and such).

I'm still working through some of the old SSA 115gr "combat" loaded ammo.  Then I'll just start reloading, already have a stack of components.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree completely.  Its a nice cartridge, in my opinion the best one that can fit in a ar15 sized receiver.  I can ALMOST equal the 308 on paper.  On game it is best compared to a 250 savage or 257 roberts, not a 308 or 3006  Nosler shows a 190 grain accubond can be fired from a 24" 308 at 2640 fps with power pro 2000 a 129 accubond can be fired from the same length barrel at 2507 fps the 190 has a better BC and SD it also has more energy at 500 yards than the 129 from the grendel has at 300).  If you expect it to hit like those 30 calibers you will be disappointed.  The fanatics like to pic and choose bullets/powders to make their chosen cartridge.  And I own a grendel, really like it for what it is a nice intermediate round capable of taking medium sized game at 300 to maybe 400 yards.  Will it work further yes but anything past that is pushing it past its ethical range.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What are you basing this on? I shoot 90smks in my .223, 230otms in my .308 and 140s in my Grendel(waiting for my 147elds).

They all handle heavy bullets just fine, the only factor that really determines what weight(length) bullet a rifle can handle is barrel twist rate. If the barrel has enough twist to stabilize the bullet then it can handle it.

Ballistic solvers are very accurate if you know what you are doing, they are a great tool for shooting and comparing different loads.

Here is an example of the accuracy of solvers, i had two different loads neither of them zeroed, i fired them side by side at various ranges out past 1k and even at 500" of drop the solver got my within 7".
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_17/5225_Having-Multiple-Loads-with-One-Zero-on-Your-Scope-.html
View Quote

New powders have also really changed the game for cartridges like the 308(smaller sized cases with pretty high pressure ratings)  At one point you simply couldn't stuff enough powder in a 308 sized case to get much pressure with the long bullets.  Power pro 2000 can now push that 190 ablr to 2600 fps.  RL17 will as well and thats at normal mag length.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agree completely.  Its a nice cartridge, in my opinion the best one that can fit in a ar15 sized receiver.  I can ALMOST equal the 308 on paper.  On game it is best compared to a 250 savage or 257 roberts, not a 308 or 3006  Nosler shows a 190 grain accubond can be fired from a 24" 308 at 2640 fps with power pro 2000 a 129 accubond can be fired from the same length barrel at 2507 fps the 190 has a better BC and SD it also has more energy at 500 yards than the 129 from the grendel has at 300).  If you expect it to hit like those 30 calibers you will be disappointed.  The fanatics like to pic and choose bullets/powders to make their chosen cartridge.  And I own a grendel, really like it for what it is a nice intermediate round capable of taking medium sized game at 300 to maybe 400 yards.  Will it work further yes but anything past that is pushing it past its ethical range.
View Quote

Even taking the Grendel for what it is, it's still amazing. Being able to reliably down medium game at 400 yards out of an 18" AR is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Agree completely. Its a nice cartridge, in my opinion the best one that can fit in a ar15 sized receiver.  I can ALMOST equal the 308 on paper.  On game it is best compared to a 250 savage or 257 roberts, not a 308 or 3006  Nosler shows a 190 grain accubond can be fired from a 24" 308 at 2640 fps with power pro 2000 a 129 accubond can be fired from the same length barrel at 2507 fps the 190 has a better BC and SD it also has more energy at 500 yards than the 129 from the grendel has at 300).  If you expect it to hit like those 30 calibers you will be disappointed.  The fanatics like to pic and choose bullets/powders to make their chosen cartridge.  And I own a grendel, really like it for what it is a nice intermediate round capable of taking medium sized game at 300 to maybe 400 yards.  Will it work further yes but anything past that is pushing it past its ethical range.
View Quote

See that's why I personally buy into the hype. It's THE BEST non wildcat you can stick in an AR-15 and you can NEARLY equal a AR-10 .308. You run it in ballistic tables against 5.56 / 6.8 / .300 BO etc., it's a huge change from what you think an AR-15 is capable of, which to me is pretty damn cool.

Now if you move the goal posts out to friggen 30-06, which one of us is being ridiculous?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#47]
My lightweight build is almost complete.  Just needing the 16" lightweight barrel and A2 FH from AA and I'll have everything to put it together.  As it sits right now:

Lower Parts:
Anderson forged lower w/ trigger guard
PSA nickle boron FCG
CMC LPK
A2 grip
Anderson receiver extension and hardware
MFT lightweight stock
H3 Buffer
Damage Ind. buffer spring

Upper parts:
Aero Precision upper w/out FA
Aim Surplus lightweight nitride BCG
Anderson standard charging handle
Midwest Industries lightweight 12.65 rail
JoeBobOutfitters .750 gas block
Spike's nitride mid-length gas tube
Holosun ACSS reticle RDS
Primary Arms 3x flip-to-side magnifier

Taking into consideration the 1.74 lbs (27.84 oz) quoted by AA in the barrel's description, this rifle will weigh in right at 6.5# (34.86+41.42+27.84=104.12/16=6.5075) w/ the optic/mag pair.  I could shave a few ounces with the H3 and go with an H buffer, which I'll likely do.

This was an exercise for myself to see what a modern "Scout" rifle set up could look like and if it could make the magical weight Cooper outlined of 3 kg 6.6#.  I might miss it by a few ounces once I add a sling, but it'll be damn close and better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Grendel II is superior for a handloader as I said, great velocities from the good heavy bullets at 52.5K PSI thanks to being able to load long and decent groups from mag length shit bullets, and this is from a cheap long thin button rifled barrel attached to budget everything else. 10 shot groups no problem, 16 shot groups no problem in spite of the horrible abortion chamber that was a dull reamer mistake.

Oh dear, 4 different bullets with charges just thrown together, this brass or that, Un fucking believable SDs and ESs considering all the different states of brass no prep required, all from from one ball powder and wolf primers. This Grendel II chamber don't give one fuck about anything DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP THROATS FTW

So happy with the results from this Grendel II chambered Brownells barrel. It will be a good long range precision rifle.

16 shot 140gr CC at mag length, threw some powder in a case, shoots great no development required, great ES and SD.

10 shot 90gr Speer TNT mag length, threw some powder in a case, no development required, great ES and SD.

10 shot 130gr hybrid, worked to max, picked charge at the low end of velocity plateau, very little development, great ES and SD.

10 shot 140 Hybrid, load worked up same as 130Hyb, very little effort.

Week after week I am getting these great numbers, even with the Hornady brass, look at those 15 shot strings with tossed together loads.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Grendel II is superior for a handloader as I said, great velocities from the good heavy bullets at 52.5K PSI thanks to being able to load long and decent groups from mag length shit bullets, and this is from a cheap long thin button rifled barrel attached to budget everything else. 10 shot groups no problem, 16 shot groups no problem in spite of the horrible abortion chamber that was a dull reamer mistake.

Oh dear, 4 different bullets with charges just thrown together, this brass or that, Un fucking believable SDs and ESs considering all the different states of brass no prep required, all from from one ball powder and wolf primers. This Grendel II chamber don't give one fuck about anything DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP THROATS FTW

So happy with the results from this Grendel II chambered Brownells barrel. It will be a good long range precision rifle.

16 shot 140gr CC at mag length, threw some powder in a case, shoots great no development required, great ES and SD.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/140gr_zps8aos59ym.jpg

10 shot 90gr Speer TNT mag length, threw some powder in a case, no development required, great ES and SD.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/90gr%20TNT%2010sht_zpscg2yruxd.jpg

10 shot 130gr hybrid, worked to max, picked charge at the low end of velocity plateau, very little development, great ES and SD.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/130gr_zpsz13dejki.jpg10 shot 140 Hybrid, load worked up same as 130Hyb, very little effort.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/140hybgr_zpsxwpybe88.jpg

Week after week I am getting these great numbers, even with the Hornady brass, look at those 15 shot strings with tossed together loads.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/glock2027/all%20velocities_zpsnjftgfjq.jpg
View Quote

I thought the Satern Grendel II's were no good? I think my brownells barrels were pre-II.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Cool,...ain't it?
Page / 129
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top