Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2016 1:51:26 PM EDT
This information has been posted in other threads but it could really use a thread of its own.  The Trump transition team has a website asking for people to input their ideas.  

The form to submit your ideas can be found here.  https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/  

Feel free to post the ideas that you write about as it might motivate others to write or give people ideas what to write about.

Donald Trump's new main site is https://www.greatagain.gov/

His transition Twitter site https://twitter.com/transition2017

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is what I wrote.

I've supported Donald Trump from very early on this year. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a primary rally in Louisville Kentucky and then a general election rally in Cincinnati Ohio. One of the main draws to Donald J Trump was that he spoke bluntly and honestly, called things how he saw them, and didn't just accept that status quo.  He also worked harder than people half his age and never backed down.  So to Make American Great Again I hope that Donald Trump will continue that and look into corruption that we have seen in the IRS, DOJ, and FBI.  When these agencies, who get to regulate civilians, turn political it destroys the public's trust and it undermines the entire fabric of "the rule of law and order".  These agencies need to be reviewed, audited, and anyone who has taken actions based on partisan views instead of what the law states should be fired as a government employee and prohibited from working for any other government agency.  Having worked in and with state level government, employees like this generally just get moved to another department or agency where they continue their corrupt behavior.  The corrupt federal employees need to be removed, jailed if the actions crossed legal lines, and prohibited from any future federal employment.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Could we get a post like this tacked, so that well crafted letters of dissent etc, are available to the membership.  I personally think we won the battle, but the war is far from over.  This last election and the exposure it provided have convinced me that I need be far more proactive.  We truly have enemies foreign and domestic.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
He could start by kicking Christie off of the transition team.
Chris Christie is trying to get Bush and Romney people in.

FUCK THAT!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Could we get a post like this tacked, so that well crafted letters of dissent etc, are available to the membership.  I personally think we won the battle, but the war is far from over.  This last election and the exposure it provided have convinced me that I need be far more proactive.  We truly have enemies foreign and domestic.
View Quote

Exactly.  That is why I called this out in a separate thread.  So it could at least be bumped.  A tack would be better.  Donald Trump is coming in with a totally different understanding of government, so now is the time to be proactive and get our voices heard by the man who will be making a lot of changes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I asked if he'd put the bust of William Churchill back in the Oval Office
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
OST
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Direct DOJ to address Civil Rights abuses in Ban States.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe a minor point in the grand scheme, but it would be nice if the WH were to tighten up the criteria used to decide when our country's flag should be flown at half-staff.

Seems like the Obama WH is diluting it's importance by overusing it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I suggested to dissolve the IRS
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Specific, actionable items will be easier than "Abolish the IRS".

They aren't going to read long paragraphs.  Odds are, it's going into a database and will be keyword searched for popular initiatives to implement first.

Try something like:

"Get rid of Speaker Ryan - he's a disgrace.  Pass the Hearing Protection Act.  Establish Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity.  Repeal the Hughes Amendment."
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
"Appoint Ron Paul as Chairman of the Federal Reserve"

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I asked to remove all the social experiments from the military and make the services straight again.

With the exception of the Marines, they need their daily dose of dicks in the morning  
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Mr. President-elect, you can Make America Great by strengthening our economy through simplification of the tax code, for starters. A flat tax, or better yet a sales-tax based system would ensure that all Americans have skin in the game, and care about how their taxes are used. You can strengthen the 2nd Amendment by ending the National Firearms Act of 1934, as well as the ban on machine guns that took effect in 1986. You can strengthen the auto industry by eliminating the CAFE standards that have killed our auto industry, as well as deregulating the steel and oil industries, boosting production and lessening our dependence on foreign countries.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They aren't going to read long paragraphs.  Odds are, it's going into a database and will be keyword searched for popular initiatives to implement first.

Try something like:

"Get rid of Speaker Ryan - he's a disgrace.  Pass the Hearing Protection Act.  Establish Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity.  Repeal the Hughes Amendment."
View Quote
the whitehouse trying to meddle in congressional affairs has not gone well historically..

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

FUCK THAT!
View Quote

anywho.. something simple like "repeal all EO's that contradict current laws."

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

the whitehouse trying to meddle in congressional affairs has not gone well historically..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Try something like:

The WhiteHouse generally sets the agenda of issues for their party, which in this case controls both the House and Senate.  So if he tries to meddle with Congress that won't go well but he raise up issues and demand that they be addressed.  Congress can still ignore him, like most Republicans did on gun control, but he still draw attention to it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#17]
How do we even get a tack?  Should we IM a mod?

Here's my first (not nearly as fancy, sorry):
One of the first things I would like to see President Trump do is show his concern for black America by calling for body cameras for every police dept in the country.  Black people don't care about global warming, they don't care about the G8, they don't even care about ISIS other than it might affect them through a random terrorist attack.  Black America is fixated on "police brutality" and the "genocide against black men".  One thing they want is "body cams on every cop so they can't get away with murder."  I believe body cams are the wave of the future not so much to prevent police brutality but it more often protects cops from specious brutality complaints.  Announcing this as a measure to prevent police brutality will go a long way towards addressing black concerns and making them feel they are being listened to by the Trump administration.  The Federal government already allocates millions if not billions of dollars to local law enforcement in the name of security, I don't think it would cost anything to either national security or tax dollars to allocate some of those funds from MRAPS and HumVees to body cams.  My next idea is to announce that police involved shootings of UNARMED individuals will automatically trigger a DOJ review (NOT investigation - you don't want to be a micromanager).  Again, I feel this would assure black America that the Trump administration was looking out for them and was listening to their concerns.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Try something like:

View Quote

I don't know, I'm probably wrong but the fact that it's double spaced indicates someone may read this shit and make notes between the lines.  To me anyways...
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

One of the first things I would like to see President Trump do is show his concern for black America by calling for body cameras for every police dept in the country.  Black people don't care about global warming, they don't care about the G8, they don't even care about ISIS other than it might affect them through a random terrorist attack.  Black America is fixated on "police brutality" and the "genocide against black men".  One thing they want is "body cams on every cop so they can't get away with murder."  I believe body cams are the wave of the future not so much to prevent police brutality but it more often protects cops from specious brutality complaints.  Announcing this as a measure to prevent police brutality will go a long way towards addressing black concerns and making them feel they are being listened to by the Trump administration.  The Federal government already allocates millions if not billions of dollars to local law enforcement in the name of security, I don't think it would cost anything to either national security or tax dollars to allocate some of those funds from MRAPS and HumVees to body cams.  My next idea is to announce that police involved shootings of UNARMED individuals will automatically trigger a DOJ review (NOT investigation - you don't want to be a micromanager).  Again, I feel this would assure black America that the Trump administration was looking out for them and was listening to their concerns.

That is pandering.

Having said that, I believe that it is very politically astute and I would support it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#20]
If he really wants to make America great again, there is a one two punch that would be a virtual silver bullet:

-flat/fair tax
-balanced budget amendment

A combination of those two things will save this country. Without them our total economic collapse is just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I wrote:

1.  Pass the Hearing Protection Act of 2015 that is currently in congress.  
2.  Remove short barreled refiles from the NFA and make them a standard firearm.  
3.  Pass a National  Conealed Carry Reciprocity bill for firearm permit holders.  
4.  Strike down state bans on Modern Sporting Rifles and Magazine restrictions as unconstitutional.  
5.  Abolish the Hyde Ammendment and reopen the MG list.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#22]
-Get rid of H1B visas.
The proliferation of H1B visas dilute the worth of American engineers/technicians with a flood of low skilled labor and discourage pursuit of STEM degrees. H1Bs are simply modern day slavery and hurt our fellow countrymen.

-Get rid of illegals.
Make it illegal and have severe consequences for any place employing illegals. First a hefty fine, second infraction you lose your business license for 7 years. When applying for new license after 7 years make it a difficult process to obtain the license again.
Remove all financial welfare programs for illegals.
With no path to make money or live off the government they will leave on their own with no financial burden on the tax payer.

-Simplify taxes
Everyone pays their fair share and is easily understood what that amount is.
Along the same vein streamline government spending. Remove the waste and corruption.

-Welfare reform
Remove the incentive to not work and many problems will take care of themselves while saving tax payer money.
This also serves to weaken the outlaw activity we see so prevalent in bad areas of the country. The idea here is to remove nourishment from people who don't want to be productive and who want to create chaos for the good citizens of the country.

-Education reform
Education is a national security issue. This might be the single most important thing we need to accomplish.
We could easily make huge progress by setting up low cost government colleges. These institutions should use a handful of centralized top quality instructors broadcast over the internet to reduce overhead. There could be liaisons at the physical locations to assist in local tasks. This is already a proven successful practice on youtube and for example the CS50 course offered by Harvard.
There is absolutely no reason a good education should be so expensive and out of reach to anyone who is willing to put in the effort to achieve it.
Teachers should be selected for their ability to teach and expertise and not have such strong bearing on their degree level.
We also need trade schools that are inexpensive to attend.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Bush Sr. import ban of 1989, and all other anti-gun EO's

He could and should do that with the stroke of a pen.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Sent a 2a letter
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Mr. Trump,

One of the very many reasons I voted for you, and an important one at that, was in hopes you'll force California, New York and the other Violationist states to respect the 2nd Amendment and rid them (by force if necessary- as Eisenhower did in Arkansas) of their UnConstitutional infringements on We The People's RTKBA!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#26]
It's a bit disappointing to see so few letters/ideas post here.  It seems everyone has an opinion on what should be done.  The form on their site was created specifically for people to submit those ideas.  Let's keep hammering the the transition team with things we would like to see done.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Work to dismantle 922(o)
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Dismantle the ATF.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK THAT!

Oh, GD likes Christie again?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Build the wall out of granite from the

Granite Capital of the World - Elberton GA.

Allow people to have custom engravings on the granite slabs they sponsor for the wall.

People all over the world will buy granite engravings for the great Trump wall.

You have the Mexian and US side of the wall for custom engraved messages.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK THAT!

I think it means people still like GW Bush, despite his people telling others to vote for Hillary and GW telling the world not to vote for Trump.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Allow people to have custom engravings on the granite slabs they sponsor for the wall.
View Quote

Maaan, fuck that!  Mexicans would be chiseling slabs out of the wall then bringing them into the country to install in Yuppie kitchens cheaper than American contractors!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#33]
My second submission:

I would like the historic indoor pool rebuilt and the Press Room moved off White House grounds.  This pool was built in 1933 by FDR after he collected donations from the American People.  It is only right that the pool be restored to it's former glory and historical significance!  I'm sure there are inexpensive buildings in SE, DC that will accommodate the MSM.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Any luck on that pinning???
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maaan, fuck that!  Mexicans would be chiseling slabs out of the wall then bringing them into the country to install in Yuppie kitchens cheaper than American contractors!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly enough, I could see that happening. Dudes just going to the wall with worm-drive circular saws and measuring tape. Not cutting the wall down to destroy it. They leave all these cut outs that are 25" wide.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I' tempted to suggest he nominate Cruz for the Supreme Court. Or Nolo, or both once Ginsberg croaks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Since Joe Arpaio lost his re-election bid to remain sheriff, and since he was the leading advocate for the enforcement of immigration laws, President Trump should hire him and put him in charge of ICE.
View Quote

That is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Tag for tack.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Trump should declare George Soros an international terrorist, confiscate his holdings in the US, and donate the proceeds to the families of the slain officers.
View Quote

I like this one.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I' tempted to suggest he nominate Cruz for the Supreme Court. Or Nolo, or both once Ginsberg croaks.
View Quote

I support this.  If you do it, let us know so we can pile on!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#42]
"Please appoint Rudy Giuliani special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton for Treason and her numerous other crimes."
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wrote:

1.  Pass the Hearing Protection Act of 2015 that is currently in congress.  
2.  Remove short barreled refiles from the NFA and make them a standard firearm.  
3.  Pass a National  Conealed Carry Reciprocity bill for firearm permit holders.  
4.  Strike down state bans on Modern Sporting Rifles and Magazine restrictions as unconstitutional.  
5.  Abolish the Hyde Ammendment and reopen the MG list.
View Quote

Hughes Amendment, bro.

Hyde Amendment deals with limiting federal funds for abortion.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I wrote about school vouchers so that we can break the teachers union's stranglehold on education.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That is pandering.

Having said that, I believe that it is very politically astute and I would support it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is pandering.

Absolutely!  I'm trying to think like Machiavelli's new prince and defang the opposition, turn it back on them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Trey Gowdy and Rudolph Giuliani MUST have a spot on the team. Not an option.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

aaaaaaand done
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

aaaaaaand done
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

aaaaaaand done

Oh how fast we forget about Lyin' Ted's past. Listen folks, if you are just going to suggest he pack his staff with the same old fuck headed politicians then why did you bother voting Trump in the first place?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh how fast we forget about Lyin' Ted's past. Listen folks, if you are just going to suggest he pack his staff with the same old fuck headed politicians then why did you bother voting Trump in the first place?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

aaaaaaand done

If you've identified a perceived problem with my suggestion, then please, enlighten us with your own recommendation.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Submitted this (some of it borrowed shamelessly from other contributors to this thread):

Pass the Hearing Protection Act.  
Establish nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity.  
Repeal the Hughes Amendment.  
Repeal the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1968 Gun Control Act.  
Strike down state bans on modern sporting rifles and magazine restrictions as a violation of civil rights.  
End the '89 import firearms ban and other firearms import bans.  
Enforce federal gun laws (possession by felons, attempts to legally purchase by felons, etc.) that call for mandatory sentences in federal prisons.  
Defund "sanctuary cities" if they do not comply with reporting and deportation requirements.  
Institute a flat tax (15% or so).  
Eliminate CAFE standards for new vehicle manufacturing.  
Emphasize skilled labor and trade schools vs the over-emphasis on college degrees and the student loan debt that goes with them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top