A.W.D.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck your funding

And fuck the leadership of California.

Keep fighting the good fight conservative Californians.  

You may just have got some much needed help...

Thank you Sir!

A.W.D.

Californian to be part of Trump transition team plus Peter Thiel http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-rep-devin-nunes-named-to-trump-s-1478893307-htmlstory.html
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And CA would return the favor and keep their taxes and it would be a net win for them (by 21%).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to cut off ALL federal funds going to CA until they kneel.

And CA would return the favor and keep their taxes and it would be a net win for them (by 21%).

People don't realize that CA pays out a lot more in fed taxes than they receive in funding.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Reagan carried CA..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ca will never ever vote republican.

Reagan carried CA..

Pssst.

It isn't 1980 anymore.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hey Mark,

Benton County
Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Fife City
Franklin County
Jefferson County
Issaquah
Kent
King County
Kitsap County
Lynnwood City
Marysville
Pierce County
Puyallup
Skagit County
Snohomish County
South Correctional Entity (SCORE) Jail, King County
Spokane County
Sunnyside
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Washington State Corrections
Whatcom County
Yakima County

Are Washington State sanctuary cities, and counties. California's list is shorter so I call for your state to be destroyed ... the pot calling the kettle black!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cut them off.  Hell.....let a large portion of CA fall off (into the Pacific).

Wouldn't that be like hitting a reset button?

Aloha, Mark

Hey Mark,

Benton County
Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Fife City
Franklin County
Jefferson County
Issaquah
Kent
King County
Kitsap County
Lynnwood City
Marysville
Pierce County
Puyallup
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Sunnyside
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Whatcom County
Yakima County

Are Washington State sanctuary cities, and counties. California's list is shorter so I call for your state to be destroyed ... the pot calling the kettle black!

You should have finished your post with:

Aloha,
Paul
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Willingly hiding illegals as a 'sanctuary city' should be punished severely. It's like if we decided to start enforcing voter ID in other places, federal law be damned.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
1.) cut federal funding. See how well they can pay for everyone without other people's cash.
2.) prosecute the officials who are participating in crimes of hiding illegals.
3.) deportation.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1.) cut federal funding. See how well they can pay for everyone without other people's cash.
3.) deportation.

View Quote

While I agree with 2 and 3...

Here is California's GDP: 2.448 trillion USD

Here is a list of GDP by country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

California is doing okie dokie financially.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pssst.

It isn't 1980 anymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ca will never ever vote republican.

Reagan carried CA..

Pssst.

It isn't 1980 anymore.

Texas was a Democrat strong hold for over 120 years too.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

3.) deportation.

View Quote
California sued the Federal government for the costs of taking care of the federal lack of enforcement. It was thrown out of court.

Voters passed prop 187 to refuse goodies to illegals to include education, medical other than life saving and to stop paying for all their damn kids they squirt out.

Deemed unconstitutional about 48 hours after it passed.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
They better be afraid. They will lose electoral votes and house seats. Illegals are counted in the census. Guess when the next one happens?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Yawn.

Someone wake me when the deportations start and the border is defended.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#12]
How about sanctuary cities for NFA?  

That's equivalent.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/early-reaction-sf-politicians-weigh-donald-trump/

By Examiner Staff on November 8, 2016 10:09 pm

Politicians at the local and state level are speaking out about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s success in the polls as Election Day surges into the night.

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee was unfazed by Trump’s strong showing.

“California will still be California,” Lee said. “San Francisco will be a beacon.”

Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom called Trump’s rise “a national disgrace”

Supervisor Jane Kim, a District 11 state Senate candidate, said San Francisco will need continue fighting whether a Republican or Democrat is in the White House.

“It just means that in a city as progressive as San Francisco, that we’re going to have to continue to fight locally,” Kim said of a possible Trump win. “We’ll continue to do that with a Republican or Democrat in the White House.”

She added, “Sanctuary city is going to be a big concern. Funding for public schools is going to be a big concern. Funding for affordable housing is going to be a big concern.”

View Quote

Californians.......buy as much K-Y as you can because you are going to be hit with the biggest State tax ever....to make up for the funding loss,  "the likes of which even God has never seen".
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
San Francisco faries don't like Trump?

Ahhh....tell me it ain't so.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Those are both local issues that should be the responsibility of the local population.  Fuck them for wanting the feds to pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Funding for public schools is going to be a big concern. Funding for affordable housing is going to be a big concern

Those are both local issues that should be the responsibility of the local population.  Fuck them for wanting the feds to pay.

While I agree with you that education should be a local and locally funded endeavor, I have to offer you a great big fuck you for saying that we Commifornians want the feds to pay for any fucking thing. California kicks about $370 billion per year into the fed's coffers. Your Nebraska kicks in about  $24 Billion.  How about we just want our money back.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cut funding?  How about cutting all that water that flows into California from the east?
View Quote

I've got no problem with slapping a tourniquet around the necks of our shittiest sanctuary cities but if you cut our water we'll cut the flow of the cheap Chinese shit that fills your Walmarts.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
People don't realize that CA pays out a lot more in fed taxes than they receive in funding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What do they have if you subtract all the funds that come from federal contract work?? Aerospace is huge in CA and it costs a lot more there than it would in nearby non coastal states.

ETA- what made me think of this was the dipshit on the LA news talking about the CA economy and how they want to break off from the USA...

As far as sanctuary cities.. Federal "Trumps" (lol) local, Deport them all and anyone who intervenes to try and subvert the law may be breaking the law too no??

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Trump needs to put boot-to-ass concerning CA and force them, by whatever means, to fall in line and follow the CONSTITUTION as the other states are forced to do. The "special snowflake" status of CA needs to be revoked  like right fucking now.

Illegals get the boot, gun rights restored, etc.and any "officials" standing in the way should be cited for obstruction and removed from office on the spot.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've got no problem with slapping a tourniquet around the necks of our shittiest sanctuary cities but if you cut our water we'll cut the flow of the cheap Chinese shit that fills your Walmarts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cut funding?  How about cutting all that water that flows into California from the east?

I don't see this as a bad thing.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:05:32 AM EDT
[#20]
While I am not saying that withholding fed funds to sanctuary cities shouldn't be done, I wouldn't operate under the illusion that it will impact the life of any illegals one single bit.
Remember when the federal government was "shut down" and the government spent more to shut down and fence off parks and the like then it would have cost to leave them open?

The states will be super punitive and stick it to the residents as hard as they possibly can to prove a point.
Illegals will still get their welfare, free medical care, rent assistance etc.

I just won't be able to pull a building permit, get inspections etc. Public works will also grind to a halt. All of those funds will be redirected to keep the "future democrats" fed, clothed, housed and placated.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

While I am not saying that withholding fed funds to sanctuary cities shouldn't be done, I wouldn't operate under the illusion that it will impact the life of any illegals one single bit.

Remember when the federal government was "shut down" and the government spent more to shut down and fence off parks and the like then it would have cost to leave them open?

The states will be super punitive and stick it to the residents as hard as they possibly can to prove a point.

Illegals will still get their welfare, free medical care, rent assistance etc.

I just won't be able to pull a building permit, get inspections etc. Public works will also grind to a halt. All of those funds will be redirected to keep the "future democrats" fed, clothed, housed and placated.
View Quote
States that allow such treason like sanctuary cities should get fucked. If they (State Government) determine that the tax payers shoud get fucked in the ass and have it broken off so illegals can keep getting welfare then fine by me. Maybe the actual citizens in those states will realize that by continually voting in asshats. Higher taxes, less efficient and effective.government, and on top of it all, illegals are using their stolen taxpayer funds to live a more comfortable quality of life then they are themselves. Maybe, just maybe they get it through their thick heads to stop voting in thieves into office.

Liberals are soooo altruistic with other peoples' money but not their own. They want to live is private walled off compounds and safe low crime neighborhoods. They have no problem spending your money on their fucked up causes.

Let them lay in their own beds.

Yes, it sucks for you.... but you still support it by living there. Yes, moving is hard and not easy.

But my family had a choice. Either do the easy route and stay in Cuba or do the hard one and leave everything behind and move to the US.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trump needs to put boot-to-ass concerning CA and force them, by whatever means, to fall in line and follow the CONSTITUTION as the other states are forced to do. The "special snowflake" status of CA needs to be revoked  like right fucking now.

Illegals get the boot, gun rights restored, etc.and any "officials" standing in the way should be cited for obstruction and removed from office on the spot.
View Quote

So all other 49 states follow the Constitution to your liking and only CA is a special snowflake.......
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#23]
#CaliEXIT and build a wall around the blue (D) counties.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
3.) deportation.

View Quote

2 & 3 are good

1 we pay out more to the federal government then we receive.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that may be true but CA wonderful economy is based on things sold to other parts of the country/world.  

.gov withholds fed money, CA stops paying taxes, .gov ends all CA contracts and embargos CA products and services, kiss your water and whatever raw materials CA needs goodbye too

what happens after that i dont know, i would hope the crazies in CA would realize illegals arent worth all that but it is the base of their ability to remain in power
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
that may be true but CA wonderful economy is based on things sold to other parts of the country/world.  

.gov withholds fed money, CA stops paying taxes, .gov ends all CA contracts and embargos CA products and services, kiss your water and whatever raw materials CA needs goodbye too

what happens after that i dont know, i would hope the crazies in CA would realize illegals arent worth all that but it is the base of their ability to remain in power
View Quote

What state's economy isn't heavily dependent upon exports to other states (or countries)?

Do you think CA's water gets pumped over the White & Sierra mountains?  CO river is a border - good luck cutting off all that water.

Good luck with an embargo against all things CA - for some reason I suspect there would be riots at grocery stores.

How much would it cost to move all the Navy activity out of San Diego?  How about all the other .mil bases in CA?  

I don't agree with Sanctuary Cities although I don't have a real issue with requiring an actual court order to turn someone over to ICE since .gov agencies aren't known for their thoroughness/efficiency except in GD when talking about illegals.

The rhetoric in GD about cutting of funding & embargoes is entertaining- if it wasn't so pathetic. "We be President now" wasn't just an Obama thing.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Wonder what the overlay for national sanctuary cities would be against the protests map.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Retarded story.  Silicon Valley can still get H1Bs.

I'm really fucking tired of the left pretending that they don't know the difference between illegal and legal immigration.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Todays Los Angeles Times http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-ma-daca-recipients-face-uncertain-future-20161110-story.html "Beneficiaries of Obama's immigration relief worry about future under Trump"
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm really fucking tired of the left pretending that they don't know the difference between illegal and legal immigration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Trump also said he wants to dump H1Bs
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#31]
First thing Trump should do it sign an executive order ceasing all federal funding for sanctuary cities.  If he does that alone, it was worth voting for him.

For those that are unaware that about 40 of CAs 58 counties vote republican, we need to take a page out of the Democrats playbook and only go after the cities, not the entire state.  Force them to spend millions on attorney fees fighting for SC.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a promise? The best correlation is having a nagging bitch/raging cunt spouse that thinks you have to have her there just because she has a good job. Well, sometimes that $$$ that comes in doesn't offset the fucking bullshit raging arguments when she finally comes home at midnight stinking of cigarettes & booze after 'being out with the girls'. You reach a point where you say just take your attitude+bullshit and just effing go!

I'm all for #CaliEXIT. Let California vote county by county and we keep the good peeps in the (R) counties and the (D) #Libtards can go their merry effing way. We build a wall and the PRK #Libtards get to pay with either gold or silver for the water & electricity. And our federal $$$$ stay on this side of the wall and the #Libtard shit stays on that side.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
First thing Trump should do it sign an executive order ceasing all federal funding for sanctuary cities.  If he does that alone, it was worth voting for him.

For those that are unaware that about 40 of CAs 58 counties vote republican, we need to take a page out of the Democrats playbook and only go after the cities, not the entire state. Force them to spend millions on attorney fees fighting for SC.  

View Quote

Much more eloquent and to the pointvthan I've been able to say it. Best I've muttered has been fuck New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's not how it works

Txl
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.... fuck H1Bs and Cruz's pet project. I hope Disney get slammed hard.for their shit.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#36]
LA Times may have got polling right but they HATE Trump https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-meyerson-california-versus-trumpism-20161113-story,amp.html California versus President Trump

There’s America, and then there’s California. Golden State residents know that their state is a different political animal from their nation, but just how different may not have been fully apparent until Tuesday’s election.
Californians voted for Hillary Clinton at a rate (61.5%) higher than any other state’s, save Hawaii. They voted to extend progressive tax rates, restrict ammunition sales, legalize weed and ban plastic bags. They appear to have given the Democrats a two-thirds supermajority in the state Assembly and perhaps, pending the final vote count in one district, a supermajority in the state Senate. Even Orange County, once the seedbed of Goldwaterism, voted Democratic in the presidential race – for the first time since Franklin Roosevelt’s landslide victory in 1936.

This time around, of course, Orange County went against the national tide. On Nov. 8, even as the white working- and middle- class of the once-industrial Midwest provided the votes to make Donald Trumppresident, California – a far more racially diverse state than any in the Rustbelt – continued on its own, far more liberal course.

In recent years, the state has enacted a $15 minimum wage and its own clean energy standards, established an automatic retirement savings plan for workers, and extended Obamacare eligibility to immigrants in the country illegally. A number of California cities have mandated paid sick days for workers and limited their police departments’ interactions with federal immigration authorities.

But California can’t erect a wall to keep Trump administration policies from eroding some of the state’s liberal landmarks. Neither Obamacare, much less the ability of California residents here illegally to buy into it, are likely to survive. Sanctuary cities may be threatened with a loss of federal funds. A Trump withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accords won’t negate California’s environmental standards, but California by itself can’t shift the planet away from reliance on fossil fuels. The state’s pro-worker positions, mandating higher wages and decent benefits for millions of Californians, may be eroded in the long run by what’s sure to be Trump’s war on unions.

Abetted by such wealthy liberals as Tom Steyer, unions have also funded and waged registration drives that have seen the Democratic share of California registered voters increase from 43% to 45% since 2012, while the Republican share has dropped by 29% to 26%. (Of course, the GOP’s social conservatism, anti-feminism and adamant opposition to immigration reform are responsible for the widening gap too.)

As the state GOP has subsided into complete ineffectuality, business, real estate interests and wealthy conservatives who in other states would support Republican candidates have directed their donations instead to moderate Democrats in the legislature, city halls and school boards. On Tuesday, thanks to the state’s top-two primary system, Democrats backed by business faced off against Democrats backed by labor in a number of legislative contests. For the most part, the business Democrats prevailed, though two Assembly members with major funding from oil companies lost to Democrats backed by unions and environmentalists. On social issues like reproductive rights and immigration, however, business and labor Democrats form a united liberal front.

In the short term, California will play the role of progressive outlier in a Trumpified United States. In the long run, however, as the nation becomes more racially diverse and as the liberal millennial generation plays a larger role in national politics, chances are good that America will move closer to California’s standards of tolerance and egalitarianism. Just how long that long run lasts will determine how much damage the nation will sustain, and how well California will be able to resist it."

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/early-reaction-sf-politicians-weigh-donald-trump/

By Examiner Staff on November 8, 2016 10:09 pm

She added, “Sanctuary city is going to be a big concern. Funding for public schools is going to be a big concern. Funding for affordable housing is going to be a big concern.”

View Quote

Translated: give us free shit so we can give our illegals free shit.
No mention of them taxing their idiot population to pay for it.. nope they want federal funds so we can all support them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]
The quickest way to neutralize illegals voting?  STRICT ID LAWS.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

While I agree with you that education should be a local and locally funded endeavor, I have to offer you a great big fuck you for saying that we Commifornians want the feds to pay for any fucking thing. California kicks about $370 billion per year into the fed's coffers. Your Nebraska kicks in about  $24 Billion.  How about we just want our money back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funding for public schools is going to be a big concern. Funding for affordable housing is going to be a big concern

California population-39,000,000 Per person tax=$9487
Nebraska population  1,890,000  Per person tax =$12698.

Do you math?
What's your point?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Can we throw California out of the union?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CA gov't push to have all citizens claim 10 exemptions on their federal income tax then depend upon their liberal allies within the IRS to not audit?

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cut funding for all sanctuary cities.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hey Mark,

Benton County
Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Fife City
Franklin County
Jefferson County
Issaquah
Kent
King County
Kitsap County
Lynnwood City
Marysville
Pierce County
Puyallup
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Sunnyside
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Whatcom County
Yakima County

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cut them off.  Hell.....let a large portion of CA fall off (into the Pacific).

Wouldn't that be like hitting a reset button?

Aloha, Mark

Hey Mark,

Benton County
Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Fife City
Franklin County
Jefferson County
Issaquah
Kent
King County
Kitsap County
Lynnwood City
Marysville
Pierce County
Puyallup
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Sunnyside
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Whatcom County
Yakima County

Nobody wants to believe the cancer is in them...
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Except the federals have had a catch-and-release policy. Say an illegal manages to afford the rent or mortgage on the average San Francisco home at $778,000 and they stray across the city border into Palo Alto and get arrested. The locals run the fake ID and hand the guy over to the feds ... they ticket them and release them to return to court months later. Since the ID was fake the illegal buys another fake ID and moves on with their life hoping their prints never get run again.

I pray that Trump stops the catch-and-release program. Hell put a bounty on their asses of $5000 a head and give police agencies a reason to capture and turn them in. Eventually it won't matter if their are individual cities or even whole counties (see above examples of the dozens in WA and NY) as the illegals will find they are not able to safely travel.

Next remove the federal mandate that the states pay for the illegals welfare benefits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sucks for them but it's avoidable......Just turn the illegals over to ICE to be deported.

Cut off the federal funding to every sanctuary city and watch them fall into line.  Squeeze them till it hurts.

Except the federals have had a catch-and-release policy. Say an illegal manages to afford the rent or mortgage on the average San Francisco home at $778,000 and they stray across the city border into Palo Alto and get arrested. The locals run the fake ID and hand the guy over to the feds ... they ticket them and release them to return to court months later. Since the ID was fake the illegal buys another fake ID and moves on with their life hoping their prints never get run again.

I pray that Trump stops the catch-and-release program. Hell put a bounty on their asses of $5000 a head and give police agencies a reason to capture and turn them in. Eventually it won't matter if their are individual cities or even whole counties (see above examples of the dozens in WA and NY) as the illegals will find they are not able to safely travel.

Next remove the federal mandate that the states pay for the illegals welfare benefits.

I'll approve this...  

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

How about sanctuary cities for NFA?  

That's equivalent.  

View Quote
Yeah. WE President now. WE get to decide which laws are "broken" and can be ignored.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3.) deportation.

But they cannot support themselves in water in electrical power.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Just fucking secede already.
View Quote

Where is Lex Luthor when you need him?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you're on board with Trumps immigration and trade policies.  I like it!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cut funding for all sanctuary cities.

Start with San Francisco https://therapyfirst.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/kate-steinle.jpg

If I were that girls father I would have one mission in life - to find each and every person who made her death possible.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

LA Times may have got polling right but they HATE Trump https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-meyerson-california-versus-trumpism-20161113-story,amp.html California versus President Trump

There’s America, and then there’s California. Golden State residents know that their state is a different political animal from their nation, but just how different may not have been fully apparent until Tuesday’s election.

Californians voted for Hillary Clinton at a rate (61.5%) higher than any other state’s, save Hawaii. They voted to extend progressive tax rates, restrict ammunition sales, legalize weed and ban plastic bags. They appear to have given the Democrats a two-thirds supermajority in the state Assembly and perhaps, pending the final vote count in one district, a supermajority in the state Senate. Even Orange County, once the seedbed of Goldwaterism, voted Democratic in the presidential race – for the first time since Franklin Roosevelt’s landslide victory in 1936.

This time around, of course, Orange County went against the national tide. On Nov. 8, even as the white working- and middle- class of the once-industrial Midwest provided the votes to make Donald Trumppresident, California – a far more racially diverse state than any in the Rustbelt – continued on its own, far more liberal course.

In recent years, the state has enacted a $15 minimum wage and its own clean energy standards, established an automatic retirement savings plan for workers, and extended Obamacare eligibility to immigrants in the country illegally. A number of California cities have mandated paid sick days for workers and limited their police departments’ interactions with federal immigration authorities.

But California can’t erect a wall to keep Trump administration policies from eroding some of the state’s liberal landmarks. Neither Obamacare, much less the ability of California residents here illegally to buy into it, are likely to survive. Sanctuary cities may be threatened with a loss of federal funds. A Trump withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accords won’t negate California’s environmental standards, but California by itself can’t shift the planet away from reliance on fossil fuels. The state’s pro-worker positions, mandating higher wages and decent benefits for millions of Californians, may be eroded in the long run by what’s sure to be Trump’s war on unions.

Abetted by such wealthy liberals as Tom Steyer, unions have also funded and waged registration drives that have seen the Democratic share of California registered voters increase from 43% to 45% since 2012, while the Republican share has dropped by 29% to 26%. (Of course, the GOP’s social conservatism, anti-feminism and adamant opposition to immigration reform are responsible for the widening gap too.)

As the state GOP has subsided into complete ineffectuality, business, real estate interests and wealthy conservatives who in other states would support Republican candidates have directed their donations instead to moderate Democrats in the legislature, city halls and school boards. On Tuesday, thanks to the state’s top-two primary system, Democrats backed by business faced off against Democrats backed by labor in a number of legislative contests. For the most part, the business Democrats prevailed, though two Assembly members with major funding from oil companies lost to Democrats backed by unions and environmentalists. On social issues like reproductive rights and immigration, however, business and labor Democrats form a united liberal front.

In the short term, California will play the role of progressive outlier in a Trumpified United States. In the long run, however, as the nation becomes more racially diverse and as the liberal millennial generation plays a larger role in national politics, chances are good that America will move closer to California’s standards of tolerance and egalitarianism. Just how long that long run lasts will determine how much damage the nation will sustain, and how well California will be able to resist it."

View Quote
California is ten years away from being Venezuela even if they don't leave the Union. Also I was not aware that the fuckers are giving my tax dollars (Florida Resident) through Obamacare to illegals.

I fucking want Balkanization simply because I don't want to have to deal with Commie Shit Stains like California Government and their supporters.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top