Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2016 7:34:58 AM EDT
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/politics/early-voting-update-black-vote-decreasing/index.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Good.  Fuck her.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
That crowd is way too big
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#4]
If Historic Hillary and her campaign staff believed that the turnout levels for her among that group would be the same as those enjoyed by our current Dear Leader they were delusional.

That is one of the problems which Clinton has that the media has been ignoring for months.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

True, but their IQs are about right.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would venture to say the collective IQ of a room full of puppets is marginally higher than the same number of liberals.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Related but unrelated----

We talked about this in another thread.  Turnout at rallies at this point isn't really an indicator guaranteed.  Romney had way bigger crowds in my democratic area right before the election.  O's crowds were big but less than half the size at same venues.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If Historic Hillary and her campaign staff believed that the turnout levels for her among that group would be the same as those enjoyed by our current Dear Leader they were delusional.

That is one of the problems which Clinton has that the media has been ignoring for months.
View Quote

"Ignoring" isn't the right word, the media's gone on at great length explaining how blacks love Clinton and can't wait to vote for her at rates matching or exceeding 08' and 12', which is laughable.  They didn't ignore the problem, they painted a picture of an alternate reality that was never going to happen.  

And Trump deserves a lot of credit for this, he's done excellent work reaching out to black voters.  I don't know that a huge number will vote for him, but I think he'll easily beat the Republican average and at least the black voters seem to lack any animosity towards him, that plus Hillary's huge negatives =  terrible turnout for Clinton.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, but....

The last 8 years have taught me that this country has more fucked up voters than you can shake a stick at.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Good news. Also, my wife is a teacher. 0 whites in her class. She said quite a few students said their parents were voting Trump, because they're tired of the same stuff. And of course, "Hillary is a criminal."
That was music to my ears.

He still has his work cut-out for him though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We talked about this in another thread.  Turnout at rallies at this point isn't really an indicator guaranteed.  Romney had way bigger crowds in my democratic area right before the election.  O's crowds were big but less than half the size at same venues.
View Quote

I hate to burst your bubble, but the article isn't about crowds at rallies.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The article is about blacks and early voting, usually a major Dem strength.  Republican early voting is kicking ass in Ohio and narrowly ahead in Florida, Dem early voting leads in other swing states are smaller than expected and/or evaporating. CNN thinks this is because of some demographics changes and that blacks simply aren't showing up to vote early for Hillary (indicative of an enthusiasm gap).
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad, I'm on mobile so copying and pasting is a bitch.  I thought it was a rally side there's been so many threads already.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Some black dude was just on Morning Joe saying that there was voter suppression going on in black counties in NC and that neo-Nazis planned on showing up at the polls in all 50 states to intimidate black voters.

He must be talking about these guys.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Romney was a full on fucking idiot. If anyone thought he had a shot they were either retarded or delusional.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Did you guys even read the data? Yes, black vote is down, but Latino votes are way up, and Trump isn't doing that good in Colorado, down in some states, but up in others.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did you guys even read the data? Yes, black vote is down, but Latino votes are way up, and Trump isn't doing that good in Colorado, down in some states, but up in others.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Article says Republicans think that slower mail from rural areas is going to close the gap, which is a narrow 2.4%.  More importantly this is not a tally of votes for Trump or Clinton, it's a count of ballots returned by party affiliation.  The last ABC national poll gave trump a 5% advantage in party loyalty over Clinton, if that's true in Colorado then he's actually ahead there.  Also you'll notice that early ballots from independents go unmentioned, although quite a few are in and they are the largest voting block in Colorado:

Link
Republicans won the day’s tally in ballots submitted Monday, turning in 71,471 ballots, compared to 68,188 returns by Democrats and 58,305 returns by unaffiliated voters.

The Secretary of State's Office also released new voter registration numbers Tuesday. The Denver Clerk and Recorder's Office released the tally as of Oct. 27 last week.

The latest numbers show unaffiliated voters continue to be the largest electorate in Colorado, with 1,140,909 active registered voters. Democrats are the next highest, with 1,040,948 active registered voters. Republicans make up the third-largest electorate, with 1,031,512 active registered voters.

How's Trump doing with independents, you ask?  He's fucking killing it.  ABC had him +12 before the FBI investigation reopened, +29 immediately after.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

O wasn't running for the first time win though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe the Bush family will vote for her....Ryan most likely will...
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The article is about blacks and early voting, usually a major Dem strength.  Republican early voting is kicking ass in Ohio and narrowly ahead in Florida, Dem early voting leads in other swing states are smaller than expected and/or evaporating. CNN thinks this is because of some demographics changes and that blacks simply aren't showing up to vote early for Hillary (indicative of an enthusiasm gap).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And those numbers are ignoring independents, which according to an ABC story are swinging 54-25 for Trump.

I've checked those numbers for Florida and if you give trump independents 54-25, he's up by over 200,000 votes. I took a quick look this morning as well and overnight he's gained about 12,000 votes not counting independents. From the 8k mentioned in the article to about 20k. That's overnight results, updated just after 7am.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#21]
My local news station ran a story (from MSNBC) claiming Hillary has an 8point lead in Florida and that 28% of republican early voters voted for her!

The bullshit is getting deep!
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My local news station ran a story (from MSNBC) claiming Hillary has an 8point lead in Florida and that 28% of republican early voters voted for her!

View Quote

Shits' deep, yo.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Statistics like that happen when they ask each other what they think, then get confirmation by asking reporters from CNN if they agree.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maybe the Bush family will vote for her....Ryan most likely will...
View Quote

The family patriach, G.W.H.B., already said he's voting for Hitlery. That says enough about the establishment.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#25]
She is up 200k in NC early voting. That is 5% of the electorate. I don't believe Trump can make that up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Most probably voted early and stopped going to events.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#27]
You don't have to beat Hillary to win the election.

You have to beat the DNC's election fraud machine to win the election.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, do you? Democrat returned ballots are up 26k over republican returns... But this is to be somewhat expected given there are more dems overall. What matters is which way the independents break, and polls suggest they might lean trump. That 26k dem return lead can be overcome by just a 5% trump edge in independents.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
She is up 200k in NC early voting. That is 5% of the electorate. I don't believe Trump can make that up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link
As of Tuesday morning, 43.7 percent of votes cast were by Democrats, and 31.2 percent were from Republicans. During the same period in 2012, 49 percent of the votes that had been cast were by Democrats and 31 percent were by Republicans.

12.5% Dem early voting advantage this year, down considerably from an 18% Dem early voting advantage 2012.
"Obama attempted to create the same early voting cushion in 2012, but Republican nominee Mitt Romney won enough votes on Election Day to win the state by about 97,500 votes."
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And every one votes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#31]
As a Floridian, one of the key facts the article didn't mention is that the more conservative counties in Florida opened up early voting just this week. So most of those numbers don't account for the conservative counties that just started unloading on her here in Florida.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are not looking at the big picture of numbers when you look at past trends (CNN is purposely avoiding this).  Trump is definitely on track to win NC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You are not looking at the big picture of numbers when you look at past trends (CNN is purposely avoiding this).  Trump is definitely on track to win NC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to hear more about this.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

12.5% Dem early voting advantage this year, down considerably from an 18% Dem early voting advantage 2012.
"Obama attempted to create the same early voting cushion in 2012, but Republican nominee Mitt Romney won enough votes on Election Day to win the state by about 97,500 votes."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
As of Tuesday morning, 43.7 percent of votes cast were by Democrats, and 31.2 percent were from Republicans. During the same period in 2012, 49 percent of the votes that had been cast were by Democrats and 31 percent were by Republicans.

From your keyboard to God's eyes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some black dude was just on Morning Joe saying that there was voter suppression going on in black counties in NC and that neo-Nazis planned on showing up at the polls in all 50 states to intimidate black voters.

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mc60e310870e1fb3178d3a1f3f6284198o0&w=300&h=218&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
View Quote

Maybe they have a private jet to zip around to different polls, arent there only like 30 or so left? Its always the same 3 KKK and NAZI guys in every MSNBC pic of them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#36]
It's not the size of the crowd but how often each one votes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Clinton gets wrecked this year I don't know if the Democrats will ever run a white candidate at the top of the ticket again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Dems typically are favored in early voting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#39]
She broke the cardinal rule of liberalism

don't get caught.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's because fraud will steal this election just like it did for O.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's just hope that's not true.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I still don't trust them.  

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mc60e310870e1fb3178d3a1f3f6284198o0&w=300&h=218&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
View Quote

I hate Illinois Nazis
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other polls show Trump with a lead in Florida and NC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

If Clinton gets wrecked this year I don't know if the Democrats will ever run a white candidate at the top of the ticket again.
View Quote

The dem party has a 2020 candidate in the waiting.

A transgender, minority, currently identifying as non-male.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Defeatist trolling from a 13er.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She broke the cardinal rule of liberalism

don't get caught.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#49]
lies
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Been saying for months she won't get the black turnout Obama did. She's not black. It'll be business as usual with abysmal black turnout. Which is good for us.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top